Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 09:52

MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 09:38

merudo, all you need is the pressure plate, for gods sake buy a brand new clutch and pressure plate...second hand (unless its practically brand spankers is not good mmmkay)

plus you will never be able to wipe the smile off your face after driving a car with a 5 puck clutch with 1000kg pressure plate, the bite is fantastic Very Happy

so you really suggest I get a brand new one?

the one i was going to get has 74,000km on it...

get a brand new flywheel too?

So the only thing I need to get is the pressure plate second hand?

This is my daily driver so I dont want it to be a pain in the ass for street driving Wink So it's probably worth getting a new clutch and everything I guess

1. Machine Second Hand Flywheel

2. Buy brand new clutch plate and pressure plate

3. ?????

4. Profit

follow those steps and you cant lose

i would not want to put a 74,000 km old clutch in my car
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 10:24

1. Machine Second Hand Flywheel

2. Buy brand new clutch plate and pressure plate

3. ?????

4. Profit

follow those steps and you cant lose

i would not want to put a 74,000 km old clutch in my car

Well since i dont want to lose Surprised I'll follow your advice.

Money spent now is money saved later, after all! Smile

Cheers.

PS: Does step 3 involve some fun time with multiple attractive women?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno...you will have to ask the underpants gnomes about that
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well put me down for melbourne too!

Name: Big Rob, Uber Rob, or jusr Rob.

Car: 1989 GZ20 Limited

MOds: MAny plans so little time(and money). So far HKS PFC F-con and a thermo fan.

Stereo: Alpine CDA-9830, new rear Pioneer 6.5" 4-ways.

Otherwise, completly stock with 45000km at the moment.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
45,000km...

do people with such low kilometer imports ever think theirs has been wound back?

Or does everyone believe the mileage their car says?

I just don't understand how a car from 1989 can only have 45,000km on it.

*shrugs*
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm averaging 2812.50km per year dodgy Very Happy
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
good work on the Soarer owners list, but like a few of the others, I'm in Melbourne too.
But to the guys up north, all us Mexicans are the same right?

But that means that there may be enough of us in Melbourne to have a decent get-together.
Anyone interested?

Frankie
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt mean JUST his car.... but just imports in general.

Even indian said his car had like "100,000km less" than my car

oh well... maybe im just jealous that mine says 182,000 and his says 45000

meh! Very Happy
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
name email
sydney
Merudo james_hanks@hotmail.com
snail weesnail@hotmail.com
Todd off_axis900@hotmail.com
BlackSupra ifli4u@yahoo.com
dusky007 james@garagetitan.com
1200det yep11s@bigpond.net.au
Dori Dori zoom@expresspublications.com.au
mz soarer
soara7mgte jay.fackler@defence.gov.au
Danners sauloran@hotmail.com

adelaide
MR 1JZ della@igateway.com.au
cthulhu phump5162@hotmail.com
Danish alexerik@bigpond.net.au
kikaider kikaiderontheroll@hotmail.com
5m3ghead earle_s@hotmail.com

Melbourne
indian steve.morris@lincolnescott.com
CrispyFries jt1masters@optushome.com.au
Big Rob Dread_54@hotmail.com
GZ20TT frankiechan5150@hotmail.com

Perth
Rossco greenlimo@hotmail.com
mz21_shiznac nos_fed_supra@homail.com
rayjj yehrightchump@hotmail.com
earthweb earthweb@arach.net.au

ok hows that
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 10:19

I didnt mean JUST his car.... but just imports in general.
Even indian said his car had like "100,000km less" than my car

Depends how long it was sitting around for, and how long it's been in Australia for. We tend to do WAAY more kilometres in road travel than the Japanese do. And a lot of the time, Japanese use public transport to get around.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine says 86'000kms and its 1985

Although the odometer didn't work when i got the car. does now though.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^ how long did it not work for tho Rolling Eyes
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine claims 79000km has been since ive had it i know the odometers not connected but i wanna know how long it hasnt been connected for
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mine is 155,000 - Who knows how long the 1JZ has been in there for Rolling Eyes
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Frankie mate hows it going haven’t heard from you in a while man ,

yeah most of the jap imports have really low kilometres firstly cause I think they are supposed to change their cars every 10 years after 10 years government pays them what their cars worth and scraps it , that what we get here before ts been scrapped (correct me on this as im not 100% sure) secondly yeah Japan isn’t really a very big place and the roads are much smaller than here so not many people drive all the time and even if they did it wont be for a very long run , thirdly most of em use public transport , most of the japs love doing up their cars, but u will be unlucky if u got one that’s been on a track id say as it would have been thrashed to the max

one way to check if the odometer has been wound back is to see if all the numbers in it are in a straight line if they are not then more than likely they have been wound back or tampered with in some way
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Japan isn't as small as people think. I am sure that many cars would get lots of k's on them from highway trips. Only downside of highways are the expensive tolls.

Also, contrary to popular belief (especially on car forums) most people don't do up their cars in Japan. It is only a minority that do it, just like here really.

A lot of people drive from their house to a major train station and catch the trains from there to the busy parts of the city.

If I lived in Japan, I would have a motorbike for fun and otherwise just catch the trains.

oh yeah, AFAIK the cars aren't scrapped when they are old, but the registration costs increase hugely so it is more beneficial to get a new car. Did you know you hae to pay for and have a parking spot to be able to buy a car in Japan unless it is a Kei car?

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2005 23:07]

1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With that much power they must have gave him a 7M i reckon.

Laughing 7M = TORQUE

Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 09:37

Damn, that is unlucky. Are you sure they didn't give you a 7m? Razz

Sorry, had to say it Very Happy

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummmm, leak down test showed 10% leak across all cylinders which according to the mechanic thats acceptable and it doesnt have a BHG...compression showed an even 155-160 across all six as well, the theory at the moment is the water in the oil was condensation and my rad iator is too small/blocked so ive got a JZA70 rad coming this afternoon and a big davies craig thermo fan, should be driving again this friday Smile

1200DET: 7M, got tourqe? yeah..got revs? no Laughing
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT_50AR wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 09:01

no probs mate
also if any1 needs any soarer parts i know some1 who works in an import yard so i should b able 2 get em 4 u cheap
Nathan

7M-GTE AFM?

Dan
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr 1jz: how many times did they crank it over to get those comp test numbers? I know it doesn't matter as long as they were all done the same, just wondering how they compared to the numbers on my old engine.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
enough times to flatten a battery in very good condition Laughing

i wasnt there when they did it but i trust the mechanic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't hate me for this....

Blame 1200det Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The way I see it, it's a win win situation.

Keep the soarer, make it manual, be REALLY happy.

Sell the soarer, get the crown, be pimpin really happy.

I can't lose!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 09:19

7M's are shit.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 02 June 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing you said it dude Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

anyone fitted 6x9 speakers in the gz20 soarer if so can i see what u have done i want to do the same

cheers

and how the hell are us guys from mel going to get to adelaide theres only 3 of us so far i think , and when is this meet planned for what else will be happenign , are g-f allowed to come , damn (i dont want to brign her , but she will def want to come knowing her ) bugger Confused Sad Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 01:58]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

if you dont want to bring your missus...then tell her its a "boys only trip"

Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 11:57

lol

if you dont want to bring your missus...then tell her its a "boys only trip"

Laughing

have alredy told her that dont think it will work , lollllllll

last time i used that for go karting she wanted to come , Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked wtf

damn theres no winning there
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"honey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

she will be out cold for 5 hours, by then you will be 3/4 the way to adelaide Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm and then listen to all the nagging and bitching when i get back Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

no thanks

baaahahahahahaa
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 11:54

anyone fitted 6x9 speakers in the gz20 soarer if so can i see what u have done i want to do the same

I have. they fit into the parcel shelf perfectly when used with proper speaker boxes made for 6x9's.

They dont rattle or reverberate at all. But even without a sub, my numberplate rattles Rolling Eyes

I'll take some happy snaps when i get home.

Cheers
James

PS: What's wrong with bringing the missus along?
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 08:49

ummmm, leak down test showed 10% leak across all cylinders which according to the mechanic thats acceptable and it doesnt have a BHG...compression showed an even 155-160 across all six as well, the theory at the moment is the water in the oil was condensation and my rad iator is too small/blocked so ive got a JZA70 rad coming this afternoon and a big davies craig thermo fan, should be driving again this friday Smile

Did you change the oil when putting the new engine in?

Is it a jza70 engine or a soarer engine? If jza70 then keep the hydraulic fan (just remember to connect the fan control computer) as these push shitloads of air. Try to keep the plastic tray under the engine bay as well since these contribute to keeping the engine cool.

Good luck with it - teh 1jz can nevah lose! (except to a 2j Wink )
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CHEERS MATE THAT WOULD BE GOOD

u know the deal with the ladies , u never know what the hell will happen and half way through the trip might have to turn around and go back they can Jeopardise any situation without much difficulty i wont say anymore Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy, I didnt get a front cut dude so the hydraulic fan was not available, instead I am running a big davies craig single thermo which should do the job nicely, it is a JZA70 motor, of course i changed the oil Rolling Eyes

the waterpump is new, the thermostat is new, i now have a clean JZA70 radiator with my big thermo and I am going to flush the block after work, leakdown test showed around 10% which is acceptable according to the mechanic, im going to flush the block tonight when I finish work and whack in a fresh batch of coolant, should be all good for the mega cruise tonight Smile
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Out of interests sake, what does everones gz20 (auto) shift at when getting into it? i.e pwr mode Evil or Very Mad and o/d off. Just wondering cause mine seems to be shortchanging me about 1000 rpm of goodness. (might have something to do with the exhaust leak though Rolling Eyes )
edit: just under the o2 sensor, i really gotta save for that new system...
Chris

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 02:43]

cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 11:24

this is how well my 6x9s fit with spacers in the back of my dirty soarer

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/cthulhu5162/P1010025smaller.jpg

i can take some mre photos if you want

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 03:19]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude thats pretty good and u have the blue interior as well sweeeet ive only seen very few of them , more pics will never hurt i want to see what the underside looks like in the boot , i have a sub in there that barely fits and want to see if it will clear the holes for the 6x9 currently the sub is protruding into the holes on both the sides by a little bit thats why i neede under shots from the boot

cheers for the help mate
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i thought there would be more blue interior soarers but mines a black sheep

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/cthulhu5162/P1010023smaller.jpg

heres a close up of a 6x9

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/cthulhu5162/P1010002smaller.jpg

proof that a 12 inch sub fits but barely i had to force the box in a bit but at least itll never come out Razz
amp mounted on the back of the boot

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/cthulhu5162/P1010001smaller.jpg

and a pic of the clearence when you have spacers in

my boot rattles a bit but i cant really hear it much inside and my parcel shelf has a bit of a crack in it thats bout all the rattles i get cept when my speaker covers come off Razz
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats sweet as mate the holes look like they will never be needed with spacers , mine will def fit then yesssssssssssssss

my sub box is longer to the sides so gets in the way of the holes a tiny bit i was only worried about that but seeing the magnet doesnt ome all the way down into the hole im lucky

yeah also the sub looks nice man mine fits just about right in the gap of the whole boot rear end its that long towards the sides and yeah had to shove it in , wont move around even if the car was drifted , lollllllllllllllllll

what brand 6x9s are they so i can get the same and what height spacers did u get

cheers
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theyre kenwood 250Wers i think i got given them when i bought my deck
the spacers are about 4 cm they were just some cheap boss ones i picked up at strathfield turned out to be perfect size
when i installed the speakers i had to take my parcel shelf out and bolt them straight onto that just be careful when carting the shelf around my is now not in the best of condition
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks matey yeah the parcel shelf is a pita mines bend a few places now should be ok soon , i suppose yeah me going to strathfield 2moro will get those spacers
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 13:50

thats sweet as mate the holes look like they will never be needed with spacers , mine will def fit then yesssssssssssssss

my sub box is longer to the sides so gets in the way of the holes a tiny bit i was only worried about that but seeing the magnet doesnt ome all the way down into the hole im lucky

yeah also the sub looks nice man mine fits just about right in the gap of the whole boot rear end its that long towards the sides and yeah had to shove it in , wont move around even if the car was drifted , lollllllllllllllllll

what brand 6x9s are they so i can get the same and what height spacers did u get

cheers

Depends on the speakers... my high range Pioneer 6x9's have such large magnets on the back that they don't fit through the holes provided, i needed to go to autobahn and buy spacers which still didn't do the job - I had to create extra spacers with some MDF... works quite well now!
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats could be very true , i have to source some speakers with small magnets ------ wont have good performance id say but ive alredy got 6.5inch splits in the front doors which were hacked up to fit the bigger speakers plus the sub , so should be alright if i got some reasonable ones , im just trying to fill the two gaping holes left by the stock carroziera (spelling) speakers which were in there before
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could always do it the pov way and have 6x9 boxes on the parcel shelf like all the scum around my area do with their $50 1000W cheapo speakers
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah dun want to do that cause i reckon it will look shiteee

im now debating weter to go another set of 6.5 splits in the back and use round spacers or 6x9 speakers whats the best idea

they will be running of the headunit

plus gotta make em look stock so the bastards at the train station will stay away from the car otherwise it will look too good to resist and someone will do something that i wont like when i see
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
usually you have 6x9s in the back but if your gonna be running the speakers off the head unit fuck it go the 6.5 inch ones
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i gotta see which ones i can fit in there if the round spacers dont cover the holes then it defeats the purpose of putting something in there for me so if i cant cover em with the round spacers then i might go with the 6x9 speakers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 03 June 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys here is some priceless advice...

go to bunnings, get some 35mm thick pine (shouldnt cost more than $5 for a piece as offcuts are fine), cut the required size, sand it back and paint it too either match your interior or paint it black and use that as your spacers, it wont rattle and it is durable as all hell, plus you get awesome bass..

I did this in my prelude and it worked a TREAT! Very Happy
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 05 June 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i should take a shot of my parcel tray for you. although the Z10 is probably different. i am running 6x9's with the spacer that sits them at about 30 deg. you get better magnet placing (as i am running those massive magnet pioneer ones) however i also have a dirty big air purifier between them. so there is no room at all on the parcel tray for anything else. it is a very tight fit
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 05 June 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because of the airbox replacement K&N reusable filter's massive cost for my car, and the fact that I NEED a new air filter, I just bit the bullet and bought a splitfire brand pod. I can't remember the actual size or model, but I can check when I get home for anyone that is wondering.

I had to buy that, an adapter plate for my AFM, and a rubber ring that fits the pod to the adapter plate flush.

And let me tell you, all the mixed messages i've gotten from people regarding pod filters has been made crystal clear for me now -

This literally does make a fairly decent gain! Response and top end power definitely is MUCH better... it's VERY noticeable. Also, there's a little induction noise, but it's not that loud. However, it does make the turbos sound MUCH louder, and it sounds like the wastegate is louder too (i dont know if this is possible, but it all sounds much more pronounced and louder...)

Not too bad... not too bad at all! I'll take a photo of it when I get home, and list the part numbers and everything.

This is on a GZ20 soarer by the way.

Also, I'm not going to leave it there in the engine bay. I'm going to run some piping and put it in the front bar, as people have said it will be "just sucking up hot engine bay air" if you dont move it or have a heat shield, but as it stands now, the difference is fairly substantial.

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 05 June 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found little improvement with a POD filter...

but thats just me...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 05 June 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 09:46

i found little improvement with a POD filter...

but thats just me...

Maybe my old air filter that needed replacing was just downright fucked...

But the car definitely feels a lot more responsive, and you can hear it sucking in what sounds like a lot more air.

When I took the afm out to put the adapter plate on, and saw how the flap-type afm looks, I can see now why everyone says theyre so restrictive!

It's rediculous! the opening is so small its not funny! the idea of it needing to push a metal flap open for a reading doesn't seem the smartest way to me... but meh, theyre the car manufacturers Laughing
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C'mon soarers no one has anything to talk about. what about cold air intake type setups, anyone tried them on old soarers? i piped mine through to the front but it is a bit dodge so i would like to redo it one day
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i got defected for a powersteering leak and sent to regency on sunday, some new clamps, degreaser and a hose down got me off at a local cop shop, so as you can imagine i am rather chuffed Smile
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did have a cold air intake on mine but I pulled it off intending to make an airbox to surround the pod. Never got around to doing it - I'm so slack...
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure i saw the rear of a *z20 soarer today in Mayfield. I just heard it, looked around to just catch a glipse of it. Anyone hear own it? it was white.
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i feel a cai is pointless on my car no matter what ill do itll still be sluggish
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cthulhu wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 23:21

i feel a cai is pointless on my car no matter what ill do itll still be sluggish

1JZ, 1G, 1UZ, 2JZ, 1GGZE....

so many options man, do it, DOOOO EEEET NAWWWWWW!!! Very Happy
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 23:52

cthulhu wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 23:21

1JZ, 1G, 1UZ, 2JZ, 1GGZE....

so many options man, do it, DOOOO EEEET NAWWWWWW!!! Very Happy

the heart is willing but the wallets weak plus im too slack you know that Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 07 June 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. new job

2. remove slackness

3. ????

4. profit
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 00:19

1. new job

2. remove slackness

3. ????

4. profit

1. new job is pretty much underway atm

2. need some sort of encouragement (halfcut perhaps Razz)

3. i think engine conversion will fit here

4. profit
Pages (51): [ «  <  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:28:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017313003540039 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.