Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well get cracking bizatch!

Z Imports have a 1GGZE manual package right now...go and see them...make sure YOU GET WARRANTY Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting interestin give us their address i may be heading up that way anyway today or tomorrow
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
south terrace wingfield...cant miss it Smile
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also while im here a look at what happened too my door lastnight i dont know how it happened but it just appeared this morning i was at a friends place last night so i think some cnut there did it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/cthulhu5162/scratch.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MOTHER FUCKERS!!! Mad Mad Mad

shit like this really pisses me off at the moment seeing some Šunts decided they were going to break the windows and dent the panels on the hilux I was using while it was at my house!!!

BASTARDS!!! Mad Mad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car gets more battle damage from the train commuter carpark every day.

Stupid old people in their mazda 121's don't give a crap about others cars. That was the good thing about the cressida, it had big black protective strips that stuck out, protecting the car from harm.

Got parked in by a camry yesterday. Rolling Eyes
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know whether i should be concerned it looks like it maybe able to be buffed out and i need a respray anyway but looks like for now ill have to just deal with it Mad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
before i respray i sooo would want to do it all matt black

i won't most likely, but it would be funny nonetheless

if i didnt have to rub it all off again after putting it on I would
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt mind a bright green soarer

or just stainless steel like a deloren just to be different
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I do mine it's going to be a real dark blue, or british racing green
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mine is going jet black...

will look hot in conjunction with the diana kit Smile
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT stripes Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...are gay Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love to get that wald kit and do my car black, except it just would be too much as far as upkeep is concerned.

Every single little nick and dent will stand out with the black

Won't matter for you since yours is a track car, but my car as a daily driver is going to sustain daily damage from careless dickheads, so I have to safeguard against that...

Although, doesnt really matter if i get dark dark green, or a dark blue, or black... theyre all going to show up scratches easily

god damn it Mad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on another topic I can get some custom front strut braces made at a good price if i can get an order of five or more, these are adjustable and brand spanking new...

anyone interested?

price should be around $140...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do they fit over a 1G?

Will I need to remove the TEMS?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tems can stay but the plastic hats that sit over it will have to go...they are designed to go over a 1JZ so fitting over a lower sitting 1GGTE should not be an issue Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasnt the engine itself i was worried about it clearing, rather the intercooler piping on top of it

i have nfi how much clearance there is from the bonnet to that, is all
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have no fear, it will clear Smile

the 1JZ still sits higher than the highest point of the 1G Smile

i have owned both of them remeber Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True, true Smile

ignore my blabbering on...

damn you, im supposed to be saving for a manual conversion!

eh...

what sort of noticeable improvement will these make anyway?

Also what sway bars have you got on your soarer?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will reduce flex of the front strut towers under hard cornering, plus they look nice and blingy in the engine bay Wink

i have stock sway bars for now, i wanna see what the new suspension is like before i go making anymore major suspension purchases...but I definitiely want one of these hence asking the creator of them about a GB Smile
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 08 June 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already have one, I also have big selley's swaybars under my car aswell as the Tein coilovers - it makes for a real good ride.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 09 June 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have recently done in my water pump (so the mechanic claims on my GZ10. there was only one place in brisbane that could help me with a new one and the wanted around $200 for it. WTF????
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 09 June 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1G water pumps are usually all genuine.
They are not cheap.

Frank just paid $165 including frieght, but I think he got trade.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 09 June 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So are all the G stuff the same? I rand super cheap and they could give me anything i wanted for J. but didn't even have G listed. And whats the go with freight? Is that to get it shipped from japan or something or shipped to your door?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 09 June 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shipped from Toyota Warehouse in Syd? Melb? to Bris.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 09 June 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frankie , CrUZsida

whats the part number for the water pump for the 1g , im compiling a list of all parts and when i get a decent number im planning on doing a sticky for all to refer

cheers
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 10 June 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do a search for it, I don't have it written down anymore, camr straight off the forums Smile
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 10 June 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys, off the topic abit. DORI DORI's MZ20 Soarer which gets driven everyday of the week with a 7MGTE did a 11.7 at WSID recently. Shows not all 7M,s are shit Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 10 June 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats good too hear for dori dori!

I cant wait to run mine with the 1JZ

hoping for something around the 12.9 - 13.1 mark, if i can get traction that is Laughing
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 10 June 2005 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft traction who needs it ive got plenty spare ill lend you some of mine
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 10 June 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any soarers in syd goin crusin on mon for the long wkend??
maybe gong casue i think thats normally packed!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 11 June 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cthulhu wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 02:02

pfft traction who needs it ive got plenty spare ill lend you some of mine

dude i hihgly doubt even yoiu an help me here, had a litte "run" with an R31 last night and got pummelled becuase i couldnt get any grip...that was with 235's on the rear Confused Confused
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 11 June 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bloody hell
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 11 June 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT_50AR wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 09:36

any soarers in syd goin crusin on mon for the long wkend??
maybe gong casue i think thats normally packed!!

i will be cruising to newport arms hotel near palm beach with central coast modified cars guys
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 11 June 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, just joined up on Toymods so i guess i fit in here!!

Car: 1987 MZ20 Soarer
Mods:
Stock 7MGTE
Custom intercooler (outta a truck i think Razz)
3" pipeing to engine etc
3" exhaust and dodgy rusty steel muffler
BOV
Boost controller (running bout 10psi)
17" chromies
Bodykit (front, rear, side skirts and spoiler)
Koni adjustable suspension
Falken tyres
Blitz pod filter

Thats about it. Its so good to see that there are heaps more oldskoolers out there! ALSC is just about all newy's. If a cruise was to happen in Bris, id be there with bells on! Cheers boys! Cool
1stGen
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 11 June 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mantis, welcome mate..

there's a cruise tomorrow, the queens birthday.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=70592&start=0&rid=10136&S=5964de975d 19faec5c803b0c12e4bee4
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 11 June 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AWWW MAN!!
I got the roadworthy certificate for it yesterday, but of course theres no transport departements open on a saturday, or stupid monday for that matter cause its a public holiday!! WAAAAH! now i gotta wait till tuesday. *sigh* but after this im soooo down!
Have fun i guess.... without me..... Mad
Oh btw im going to take some new picks of it tommorow, ill stick em up later.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 12 June 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcome to the forums mantisboy Smile

soarers rock Smile
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 12 June 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amen to that! Cheers for the welcome!
Also i just got hold of a fuel cut defender. What sorta boost you think i should be able to run on a standard 7mgte with intercooler and BOV and all that? I think its had the head gasket all done and tightened and all that sort of jazz.... atm its running bout 10, i was thinkin of going to about 12psi.
any thoughts?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 12 June 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1 bar should be fine Smile
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 12 June 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mantis 1gen and i will definitely meet up with you when you've got it sorted. and i guess mine sorted.

Hey 1st gen. thats an awesome avtar man. that yellow one looks nice in the background lol
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 12 June 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys that sounds awesome. Soarer will be registered tuesday and im done exams on friday, so if your out and about on the weekend we could hook somethin up. As for now, my mission is to try and work out how to hook up this stinkin fuel cut defender... im not even all that sure where the ecu is...... ahh ill find it Wink
Cheers!
MantisBoy
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 12 June 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually..... anyone who has installed the hks fcd on a 7mgte... i dont spose you would like to give me some pointers? Im pretty sure the engine has had one on it before, so i should be able to find the wires alright... But yeah, any help would be appreciated!
Cheers
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 12 June 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't know if it helps, or even if it is right for that matter but the ECU should be under you glove box
1stGen
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 13 June 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr, yeah dont know who that belongs to! it looks familiar....hah
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 13 June 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well...any interest on the strut braces?

rear braces may also be available but removal of back seats is necessary
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 13 June 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeha, there's interest from me if it will help my handling Surprised

I think that's greatly reduced by my "performance" pedders suspension.

The only thing it performs at is bouncing up and down, just ask danners from thursday night
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys anyone here know what the small fan in front of the aircon/radiator is in the gz20 soarer ive never seen it working b4 and I had to rmove it to fit my intercooler and forgot to put it back on is there any harm in not having the fan there or does it serve an important role in the car need to know so I can put it back in , (which will be another marathon effort)

Cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 08:52

Yeha, there's interest from me if it will help my handling Surprised

I think that's greatly reduced by my "performance" pedders suspension.

The only thing it performs at is bouncing up and down, just ask danners from thursday night

then I would be looking at getting new suspension...

coilvers are coming up cheaply on imports bits, but yes the braces will reduce chassis flex in your front end
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 10:08

Guys anyone here know what the small fan in front of the aircon/radiator is in the gz20 soarer ive never seen it working b4 and I had to rmove it to fit my intercooler and forgot to put it back on is there any harm in not having the fan there or does it serve an important role in the car need to know so I can put it back in , (which will be another marathon effort)

Cheers

small fan in FRONT of the radiator??

hmm, i dont think i have one of those... will check tonight
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had one of those fans...did three fifths of fuck all, drew bugger all current and i could stop it with my hand...rip it out, pull off the clutch fan and run a pair of davies craig thermos, they work a treat Smile
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf is that fan for as its currenly out of the car and its going to be a pain in the arse to put back in as the intercooler is mounted in place
oh btw the cooler was mounted without taking the front bar off , DONT EVER TRY AND DO IT AS ITS A PAIN TO DO AND NOT WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT

i did it all by myself with some help from my dad wondering why the big radiator was shiny and not black (knows nothing about cars)bahahahaha

yeah and the piping is pvc looking good as well will fit better pipes whe i have more money lolllllllll but for the time being looks ok and does the job , just blew one of the hoses off the cooler didnt clamp it well ( any one need the instruction of what i did i can help you ,cooler is a hybrid style one )

but yeah finally got the cooler in but forgot the fan so anyone knows what its for and weter i will have any problems with the car running well

or as a matter of fact will the aircon work properly as i think its the fan for the aircon

mr 1g -- clutch fan is fine for me now , lollllll no mioney but what is the other fan for i need to know so i can debate weter its worth putting it back on again as i have to remove the intercooler to put it back on

cheers

[Updated on: Tue, 14 June 2005 01:49]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hold...the....phone

you are using PVC piping as your cooler piping?

No No No No No No No No No No No No
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the clutch fan aint good... it might flow a lot of air but GOD DAMN, it overpowers the noise of the engine AND the noise of the exhaust in my car... when im stopped and i rev the car you cant hear the engine, all you hear is WHOOOOOOOSH! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

How expensive are the Davies Craig thermofans? Difficult to install?

What size fans will I need?

I remember seeing danner's setup, he had a flip switch inside the car for turning the thermofans on himself, rather than a temperature sensor.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:04

hold...the....phone

I'm having flashbacks to that cordia turbo that that guy did the bodgy intercooler setup on
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peice of piss to install, a couple of brackets and they are mounted, wiring is also easy, you will need a relay and usually a 25 amp fuse and some wire, go direct to the battery and wire up the relay correctly and then wire up to a switch inside the car, quite simple really Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It will be good to clearly hear my engine without a massive WHOOOOOOSH noise that actually blows dust in the eyes of other people looking at my car
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:07

hold...the....phone

I'm having flashbacks to that cordia turbo that that guy did the bodgy intercooler setup on

oh god damn tell me it wasnt really bad , was itching tp put the cooler on so had no other choice , and it took me the whole long wekend to do as well damn bloody cooler , and no one to help me but my dad , thank him for that , even though he didn’t do much it still made a big difference

Now back to the fans, someone tell me what the smaller fan is for,

And yeah the whoosh noise is really annoying

Maybe later I might mount those smaller thermo fans , will make the car heaps more quiet
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
indian wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:23

Merudo wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:07

hold...the....phone

oh god damn tell me it wasnt really bad , was itching tp put the cooler on so had no other choice , and it took me the whole long wekend to do as well damn bloody cooler , and no one to help me but my dad , thank him for that , even though he didn’t do much it still made a big difference

Now back to the fans, someone tell me what the smaller fan is for,

And yeah the whoosh noise is really annoying

Maybe later I might mount those smaller thermo fans , will make the car heaps more quiet

the cordia turbo one wasnt that bad apparently... PVC pipe cartainly can handle the pressure, but its the heat i'd be worried about...

he had those on his cordia for over a year apparently, and had no problems... you should be right for having it as a temporary solution.

Best part about having the PVC set up where your intercooler piping is going to go, is the fact that you can now take that pvc to a place and say that you want that but in rubber piping, or that silicone compound stuff
Pages (51): [ «  <  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:22:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013082981109619 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.