Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats my intention , ive heard of people running pvc for longer than a year and no problems or leaks , so iil take my time , im in no hurry maybe disguise the pipes , lollllllllllll

the car strted up fine and then ran for a few min , then i revveed the shite outta it , and one of the rubber clamp came loose , gotta fix it soon and she should be good also put in a pod filter now so its all nice , all cheap work , all up cost me like 150 for the piping , clamps, rubber joiners pod filetr and adaptor,plus brackets so ireckon it will be nice cheap way to do this stuff if it works well , fingers crossed

its lag time babyyyyyyyyy

BTW ALL FITING WRERE PRESSURE BENDS AND HOSES , EVEN STRONGER AND MORE EXPENSIVE , DAMN

[Updated on: Tue, 14 June 2005 02:40]

Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my cooler fit cost me $300 for cooler and $170 for mandrel bent mild steel and all rubber hose and clamps...

why bother spending $100 on PVC?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well u know heaps of people and might get it cheap , but i dont unfortunately , so have to resort to smarter ideas , lollllllllllllllllllll , (thats if u call what i did smart, otherwise , call it what u want , loll)

yeah either way i know for sure if i had to go and get the piping done in mild steel and mandrel bent ones id be paying a fortune , so i did the cheapo way , wot be good if im running really high boost as it will prob melt the piping , but for moderate boost i dont see why not

btw , did u coat the inside of the mild steel pipes otherwise they are going to flake off later , im assuming u know this
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:37

Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i painted the inside of my cooler piping with Kill rust Smile
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:55

indian wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:37

Confused

Bigger cooler , stock exhaust and turbo , = major lag due to the large cooler and pressure drop, as hot air takes up more space , so once in the cooler it cools down and becomes denser requiring lesser space , so there will be a pressure drop due to the decrease in volume of air ( correct me if im wrong in this explanation ) thus there will be lag in the system

mr 1j- cool man
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So why do it then?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More power when the exhaust is done , if u get the bigger exhaust with the stock cooler u have there will be lots of restriction in the cooler and piping itself , so making way for more power later on , lollllllllllll
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian how thick is your cooler piping?

2.5 or 3 inch?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2.5 INCH DUDE all the way with reducing to 2 inch just before thrttle body to accomodate my existing blitz bov as the bv has 2 inch piping Sad

cooler was 3 inch in and out , so have reducers at the cooler in and out no other go and 3 inch is bloody huge , i tought it was a bit of overkill so opted not to although i bought the piping just in case

iil let u guys know how the car is running soon afetr i have fixed the rubber joiner
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Ross,
where'd you say that little fan was?

On my car, there was this little tiny fan placed just where the top radiator hose (from the thermostat) enters the radiator. This fan was meant to come on when you switch the air-con on, to try and knock a few more degrees out of the water - due to the extra engine load when the AC is on.

Still pretty useless after it was fixed - so I got rid of it, and the belt driven main fan - and replaced them with a pair of thermo's. Matt at Toyospares did it for me and it's been working beautifully.

Frankie
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FRANKIE THATS THE FAN IM TALKING ABOUT , SO WE DONT NEED IT THEN ,

its sits in front of the radiator and aircon condensor am i right ,,,,passenger side of the car

thats cool so its only for when the aircon comes on , my aircon needs regassing anyway so dont think itll make any difference

cheers
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 14 June 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys fixed the rubber hose yesterday desperately only for it to pop off again but while it was on the car ran very nicely , and to there wasnty any lag at all as i had mentioned earlier , the car boosts ok havent given it a full boot yet cause i was afraid of hoses popping which happened anyway and throtle response is much better than stock

also the turbos are a lot louder now with a very noticable spool sound lolllllll

another one of the pvc fittings came out as well and i realised that I didn’t’ use any sealant on it , lolllllllllllll so fixed that as well , and now hopefully nothing will blow once I fix this blasted rubber hose that connects the cooler to the piping ,cause its on an angle and needs to be secured properly

On the contrary the noise that comes when the pipe blows out sounds very nice to hear , somewhat like the Silvia flutter noise ,,lollllllll
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 15 June 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Ross,
yep - the little fan is just for the A/C - so not necessary if your's is out of action.

However - I'd suggest you go to twin thermo's for the radiator anyway - now that you've got the new intercooler and will probably turn up the boost soon and enjoy some spirited driving - thus putting much more thermal load into the engine.

Also - I just can't live without the A/C in summer - and you need as much cooling as you can get - or the car just overheats.

We'll have to get together some time - I'd like to see your new cooler and pipework.

Frankie
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 15 June 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frankir the nemaes is steve mate , u must have me mixed up from someone else , lollllllll

yeah my aircon is not working atm and i never used it anyway just wound the windows down , but yeah twin thermos does good ive heard but by the looks of it the clutch fan is doing well and is always on which is a bonus in the summer but i can see where the thermal load will be coming in the summer as the cooler will be restricting air flow to the radiator , but i think it should do alright

yeah piping aint very flash its pvc as i mentioned before gotot catch up some time and then u can see for yourself and if u like it do the same i can help out with the instructions lollllll

iil post info on how the car went tonight after fitting the rubber hose thats keep popping off

and yeah still on stock boost have to turn it up soon
keep in touch
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 15 June 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys anther question for all gz20 owners , on the passenger side of the car in the front bumper where there is a black grille theres a small black sensor/probe thing does anyone here know what it is
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 15 June 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flux capacitor?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 15 June 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 13:44

flux capacitor?

wtf is that

looks mor elike a probe of some sort managed to twist it to get it outta the way to fit the cooler , just curious to know what the hell it is

maybe its a temperature sensor for the climate control for outside air temp -- Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 15 June 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a small black prob thats sits just behind the front grill on the Z10. i unpluged it one day and my climate control ran hot! so mine is for cilmate
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 15 June 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Flux Capacitor!

gold.

Hey Indian, if you wanna know why your Soarer isnt performing as good as it could, its coz you bent your flux capacitor... HAHAHAH

Damn thats funny,
"In conjunction with a magnetic field and the load, the flux capacitor uses the hierarchical structure of the cosmos as a timer! The trilamination of the tiny spheres with selected metals and their subjection to a magnetic field and current (sustained by the load) destabilizes the orderliness of the proton, the heavier atom and the "tissue" of individual layers of metal. The matter then seeks to re-establish itself in the "fractal set." "

yeah my z12 has one of those bastards, dunno what it does. can't even traces its piping anywhere.

And hey, I'm from Melb to, looks like there might be enough of us mexicans to have a decent meet up, either just the melbourne lads, or maybe meet up at the border for a midnight hodown with moonshine and banjo's....actually i'll bring the moonshine!

On another note,
Who was the dude in the white mz21 with red brake calipers, a rounded spoiler and aftermarket exhaust coming down cheltnemham road Tuesday, about 4:30ish. we had a bit of a shout at each other but I dunno if he got the message about toymods. The numberplate was something like PBB or PBP or BPP... Anyone know him? Tidy soarer too

Phyro

...Flux capacitor....
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/flux_capacitor_t-shirt.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 15 June 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

that t shirt is great but way too geeky to be worn in public Laughing
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 15 June 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you kidding me?
Barely anyone would get it, and aren't geeks in fashion now?
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 15 June 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, at flux capasitor..

on another note, it appears as though my gz20 doesent make weird noises over 107? k's, anyway i tested it by going a "little" faster Rolling Eyes and still no noises, i have a couple of plugs in the glovebox that poke through, however i removed the glovebox and these dont go into or near the ecu, they run somewhere behind the radio.. not sure where they go, anyone else had there noise maker tampered with?? or know of common japanese mods that may result in plugs inside glovebox but still running the standard ecu?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE CAR FINALLY RUNS

took it for atest drive last night after fixing the hose and tightened the bov fully so ther will be more pressure in the system when i back of the throttle ----- and no hoses /pipes popped off wohoooooo

car runs nicely boosts well and throttle response is much better than stock

im happy lolllll

as long as the damn thing stays togeter

next in line is to hack the bumper bar so the cooler gets more air

plus my bonnet doesnt close now due to removing some shit from the support gotta fix that too
mz soarer
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how i doing man i have some sort of speed warning noise it sounds like bels every time i go over 107km is that what ur talking about its driving me crazy any of u guys no how to remove it
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz soarer wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 12:38

how i doing man i have some sort of speed warning noise it sounds like bels every time i go over 107km is that what ur talking about its driving me crazy any of u guys no how to remove it

yeah thats what my car doesent have.

no idea what they did, but obviously its possible.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah just need to disconnect the chime its somewhere behind the dash but im not very sure exactly where
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,
the chime/speed warning is a little metal box - around the size of a matchbox - that is wired/screwed into the back of the curcuitboard "sandwhich" that makes up your dash display.

Would you beleive the bloody thing is analogue?????????
Shocked

Inside the box is a little metal bar on a spring. When the speed limit is reached, a magnet pulls the bar down, then lets it go, where it then shoots up and hits a metal plate, creating the chime!

Unbelievable - in a car that still has some pretty impressive electronics - and a digital dash display that many haven't been able to top yet.

Anyhow - it's not too much effort to pull the display out and unhook the box from the back of the dash unit. Takes about 20 minutes all up. Start with the trim panel that sits across the top of the steering wheel boss, that pulls out as it's only clipped in, I think.
Then about a dozen screws - some of which are fiddly and in strange locations. Just take a little care when pulling the display out and you'll be fine.

The display comes out in one largeish piece - with a hard fold-line across the middle.

I think one of the guys who is on the Yahoo soarer group has pictures somewhere ........

PS - Sorry Steve - I am confusing you with another Z20 owner - but I still wanna see yours with the new cooler.

Frankie

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO WORRIES FRANKIE

hafta catch up soon sometime iil try and take some pics on the weekend then u guys can see what it looks like

maybe we should have a meet up of the melbourne lads somewhere soon would be nice Cool
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better than nice, we can line em all up, with mine in front, so everyone else will look good compared with my 'z12 hahaha Rolling Eyes
Some of my bloody side trim (between the two colours about knee hieght) ont he outside was about to come off. not sure how im gonna go about putting it back as the clips that held it there are rusted as hell. Was thinking of grabbing a wire brush, removing the rust on both, the nuts on the car, and the inside of the stripping, and just aroldyting it back in place.... Crying or Very Sad or maybe i should use bubblegum? the clips are FUBAR, and there is seriously no way i can re-attach the damn thing.And it looks crapola without the stripping, so it must go back on. or they all come off for a full body respray in electric blue with custom kittage and slammed on its tits... but given my budget... i think aroldyte looks the easier solution for now.
sometime after the the 24th, or even that night maybe. who knows. which burbs are we all from Melb lads?
I know me an Indian are down in Kingston area, and I think i see an mz20 blowing around everynow and then on nepean hwy.

Have we worked out what the damn flux capacitator does?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SE SUBURBS MATEY

but yeah there one somewhere in aspendale or so plus couple in dandy have seen another one near carrum dunno wtf its is though 2 or 3 liter i mean drive like a hoon most of the time and has a big zorst then theres frankie plus another onr from these forums somewhere in melbourne too

but by the looks of it most are on the se subs of the city side

why dont u try some silicone phyro might work , araldite is good too , the best is sickaflex , they are used to stick bodykits Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

can get em in autobarn im sure
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No wonder have never seen a soarer in person, besides mine! I live in the NE suburbs and fenerally the furtherst I go down south is to Uni at Clayton. Dont venture mutch past there.
mz soarer
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr1jz can we see pics of your cooler and pipes as im puting one in soon
mz soarer
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u guys should see how many of us are here in sydney raced 2 guys on sat night

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 09:03]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no digicam atm dude but will get some shots over the weekend for sure... Smile
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 16 June 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Up the South East 'Hood eh? Cool Cool

...ah well.

Sickaflex eh? I'll give it a shot. there will be about three points of contact so i dont think silicolns gonna hold it.

Who has the bigger house, could just have a bbq, or head down to the mordi fore shore, near about... uhm what is it, the mordi side of albert st inpardale there are some free barbies there. My tip, grab some pizza's and head there. you punch the bbq's on then put the pizza's on - keeps em warm Very Happy and besides, who knows whats actually been on the metal... Rolling Eyes
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 17 June 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big meet up in the south east sounds good to me.
End of the month/July is fine for me.

I live out in Ferntree Gully - and work in Moorabbin - so I'm happy to drive anywhere for a meet up.

The beach sounds good though - the car parks/BBQ areas ought to be nice and quiet now - and we hopefully won't attract any of the wrong types of attention.

Frankie
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 17 June 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz soarer wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 19:01

u guys should see how many of us are here in sydney raced 2 guys on sat night

next time yas have a soarer meetup in sydney

someone please fuckin tell me! Laughing

Cheers
James

btw: got my spark plugs out. Had to use a 24 inch breaker bar though. the ceramics on one was already broken, and all the plugs were burnt badly... ill take photos

new ones are in, its still missing
took the distributor cap off, cleaned it out, cleaned the rotor out (had some gunk in there)

still missing

run some injector cleaner through the tank of fuel... still missing.

next is leads i guess... and ill look for intake leaks on the weekend too Wink

Also, used a heavy cutting compound on my car, and spent all day doing that and then buffing and then polishing and then waxing my car...

my paint came up immaculate... most of the scratches have disappeared!!

its awesome Very Happy

also, i used meguiars plasticX plastic polish on my headlights, they came up CRYSTAL clear.

CRYSTAL clear. they look awesome. pics to follow tonight

yay my car looks good again Very Happy maybe i dont need a respray after all Laughing

seriously, the products we used just worked SO well its rediculous.

I will post what they are called when i find out... theyre at a mates place... but the canauba wax and the polish were both meguiars.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2005 00:07]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 17 June 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA stint from the Simpson’s for no one letting merudo know about the cruise

As for the missing, try putting the car in reverse gear or 1 gear hold the brake down firmly and rev the car if the car is stuttering/missing, then more likely one or more of the leads are gone

Black plugs are over fuelling mine are the same, need to clan the injectors I will be doing mine soon
Scratch x is good on the plastic lights we have , also any plastic polish will do the same , im using mothers plastic polish and seems to work as good as scratch x

For wax I use a turtle one that’s apparently got Teflon in it and only need to be used once a year ,lollllllllllll even after a few washes the water still beads so I reckon it’s a good one

Yeah and let us know what cutting compound u used
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 17 June 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was a german cutting compound, i think it was like $60 for a 1L bottle of it... but it works AMAZING... i think it was called fraecler or something

I'll find out exactly what I used tonight
CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 17 June 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 16:07

No wonder have never seen a soarer in person, besides mine! I live in the NE suburbs and fenerally the furtherst I go down south is to Uni at Clayton. Dont venture mutch past there.

I work in Mt. Waverley on Blackburn Rd, so there's chance you'd see mine (just not at the moment Sad)

GZ20TT wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 10:01

Big meet up in the south east sounds good to me.
End of the month/July is fine for me.

Wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Very Happy

So very close finishing my r154 conversion, but I was sent the wrong crossmember, so can't finish bolting everything in, doh.

TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 18 June 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys just letting you know ill be starting a group buy for stock side skirts soon also along wit flared front guards which are and extra 3-5cm wider

[Updated on: Sat, 18 June 2005 02:27]

mz soarer
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 18 June 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in this man Very Happy
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 18 June 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT_50AR - find out if they got anything for mz12's in the skirt wheel arch dept. could you?

Hey all melb/vic lads, wanna PM me with your Email and maybe mob number if you want, i'll make n email list to make organising shtich just oh so much easier, as Bob would say -'could you be loved?'

.... Embarassed somehow that seemed appropriate hahahahaha

Go the Wailers

Phyro
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 18 June 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phyro wrote on Sat, 18 June 2005 21:18

TT_50AR - find out if they got anything for mz12's in the skirt wheel arch dept. could you?

Hey all melb/vic lads, wanna PM me with your Email and maybe mob number if you want, i'll make n email list to make organising shtich just oh so much easier, as Bob would say -'could you be loved?'

.... Embarassed somehow that seemed appropriate hahahahaha

Go the Wailers

Phyro

ok mate ill ask
we r custom makin the stuff etc
and dont worry about the list i got every1's email who has 20 series in OZ
ill wack it up in next few days 2 c if ther is any1 2 add
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 18 June 2005 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good news bout the group buys.

btw, checked my timing again friday night, it appeared to be retarded... was all the way rotated in one direction...

as soon as i turned the dizzy it started to idle higher... I assume this is normal

shorted the terminals TE and E1 (correct, yes?) .. once the new timing is set, you just leave the car running and remove the wires from the diagnostic panel, yes?

fiddled with it a bit... runs better. didnt have a timing light so couldnt accurately do it so i'm waiting until i can get one.

going to actually advance it (only rotated the dizzy a small amount and it started running better straight away) then

by the way, my car started misfiring worse and worse... i checked the plug leads, the ignitor to the distributor lead at the distributor end was fucked. i unplugged the plug, and the cable just fell apart. it was literally melted inside the lead.

Thought "ohhhhhh, ooookay then" bought another lead, plugged it in, and yeah, still missing. badly.

now its to the point of almost stalling, hasnt actually stalled yet though.

fucking cars -_-

so i've now

run injector cleaner through
taken off the dizzy cap and cleaned the crud out and cleaned the rotor
checked leads, and replaced the perished one
replaced spark plugs

so um.... yeah... what do i do next?

I'm going to buy a whole set of new spark plug leads because apparently i may have the incorrect ones (i remember someone saying that on the forum before... i've just got what appears to be generic top gun 8mm leads

this car is really starting to shit me now...

all i wanted was a car that ran smoothly and just was nice and quiet... ive got squeaking from my shitty pedders suspension, i've got the engine missing badly on idle (underload cant hear it, but im sure it must be robbing power), ive got the power window being intermittent on the passenger side...

dont forget the tappets of death or whatever is making the ticking noise which pisses me off to no end

GAH!

edit: on the plus side, toyospares in bayswater, melbourne, said that a W58 gearbox and flywheel for my car will cost me $400 to get from them.

That doesn't seem too bad at all!

edit again

I just realised that was a bit odd. a month ago when they replied to my original email the same guy quoted me for gearbox, flywheel and bellhousing at $900.

now theyre saying just the flywheel and gearbox will cost me $400?

perhaps they meant EACH. but i think $400 for a flywheel sounds a bit steep, heh

werd.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 June 2005 18:18]

cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 19 June 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you get rear pods as well?
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 19 June 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^ I would also like to know this and maybe the boot lip as well...
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 19 June 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cthulhu wrote on Sun, 19 June 2005 13:29

can you get rear pods as well?

yeh should b abel 2
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 19 June 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the sound of a boot lip as long as its tasteful
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 19 June 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down for guards...

definitiely want them

how much?

when

i want them now
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 20 June 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merudop how the fcuk did u replace only the perished lead , dont they come on a set

CHANGE THE WHOLE FCUKING SET MATE

and are u sre u advanced the timing , could be timing issue as well or more likely that rotor / cap thing

i havent touched mine , but mines running ok so thank god

and injector cleaner will not do anything at all trust me

u need to take them out /mechanic and get them properly cleaned in the machine

the best thing to do is put it on a dyno and see what the car is doing , how much fuel its using , like the afr im sure urs will be out mine was anyway and still is by a mile im getting 10-11 at most places , where it should be 14.3 or so (ideal afr mix)

i didnt know mine was using so much fuel until it was dynoed results were shocking , so few people on this forum have suggested that my injectors are leaking or the fpr is nearly on its way out , so injector cleaning will be done soon and hopefully car will run better and use less fuel

as for now the cooler piping has been fixed and i have replaced the headlights with the whiter coloured ones , and they make a good difference in driving in the night They are 4000k ones made by narva they are doing well , also have taken out the fog lights and made the clear and have the same colour globes in them , so all 4 are white now and look nicer if I had more money id have gone 5-6000k globes but they are pricey at 120 or so for a pair ,

The ones I have cost me 40 for a pair
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 20 June 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One day i'll drive a z21....

I have made more progress and damn ive filled a bin with crap from removing everything thats not needed.

Slowly getting there.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 20 June 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 10:29

< lots of good advice I should follow >

edit: this part of post removed

I'll keep your suggestions on board however and do it when I can.

Thanks for your advice.

edit: sorry about that. i fuckin rambled on a bit there... my problems are my own, this post has been edited

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 00:54]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 20 June 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 10:45

indian wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 10:29

< lots of good advice I should follow >

edit: this part of post removed

I'll keep your suggestions on board however and do it when I can.

Thanks for your advice.

edit: sorry about that. i fuckin rambled on a bit there... my problems are my own, this post has been edited

I hear ya bro not everyone has the money to spend on cars , im pretty much in the same boat as you , the only way I got mine dynode was when we did a group dyno day I organised it at 30 per person u couldn&#8217;t go wrong that&#8217;s how I learnt my car was running rich , so look out for something like that in ur area and go for it u will know what wrong with the car hopefully , or atleast know what power u putting out

Everytime money is saved it will fimd a way to vanish twice as fast as it was taken to be saved and worst of all wont even be spent on the target u were aiming for

with the rambling

NAH MATE , I THINK U WERE JUST BEING HUMAN

ITS OK TO BE LIKE THAT PEOPLE HERE WONT MIND

were a good bunch of soarer owners arent we ????????

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 01:02]

TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 20 June 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz21_shiznac wrote on Sun, 19 June 2005 16:37

^^ I would also like to know this and maybe the boot lip as well...

ahh ok let me see what i can do
but its taking a while for everything so that wil probs be last on the list after guards skirts and front bar
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 20 June 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo,
that thing with the main lead to dizzy happened to mine as well - TWICE!
My mechanic ended up having to send the thing off to an auto elec to modify something in the system. I can't remember if it had to do with the resistance or what - but I can find out.

Anyhow - it has been running fine since.

I am wondering if the missing you're getting is related to this, that the spark is breaking down as you put your foot down.

Frankie
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 20 June 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting!

Off to an autoelectrician I go then, I guess.... *sigh*

the ticking of doom my engine is making is getting louder too... engine oil levels are still high, its not using coolant or oil or anything... Sounds like tappets.... but i dont know, 'cause I'm shit Confused

Indian,

What thermostat did I need to get to replace the one on the 1G-GTE? I remember you said it was the same as another car, but I cannot remember what car...

Cheers
James
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 20 June 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same year twin cam corolla , but dont buy the rubber gasket that is used for the corolla use the same one in ur car as it fits better but if the gasket in ur car is buggered then maybe take it to autobarn and get one similar , alternatively u can still use the gasket that goes with the corolla but its a bit more looser fitting thats all

or u can be super sure and take the thermostat out and show it to them and they can match it up for you

and use some radiator flush stuff and dont drain /flush and refill the car with coolant when the radiator is hot wait for it to cool down otherwise u will crack the radiator

and use toyota red coolant ffs

with the tappet noise mate are u using thick oil maybe the oil isnt getting to the tappets properly

im going to try and use 10w-30 ol for my soarer soon as its winter in mel and the oil needs to be thin enuf to get to the top asap

10w-30 is the recommended oil for the soarer going by the sticker on my car engine bay in front of the radiator so i might try it (have to experiment)

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 20 June 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I'm using castrol GTX3

i think its 10w50

edit: is toyota red coolant actually red?

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 04:52]

Pages (51): [ «  <  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:35:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015630006790161 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.