Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shanedawgg wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 01:52

I thought the whole concept of custom was that u choose what it looks like Rolling Eyes

Prob my mis-understanding

Regards,
Shane

yeah but they always still look junk...I dont know what it is about them? Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
shanedawgg
Regular

October 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahahhaahhah Laughing

Fair enough...if i cant find anything in the next few months me an my mate will make one Razz

If i do il put up piccies

Regards,
Shane
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
random post #1664

I was just thinkin about engine notes... and god damn the 1G-GTE sounds better than the RB20....

I mean, even with the stock exhaust, I prefer the sound of my 1G over my mate's R31 GTS-R

has a real nice engine note when it's running properly Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rb's do sound tuff mang, thats a big call you got there, they arent as good as yota inline sixes but they do sound good, pretty much all inline six turbo charged motors sound sick Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh no mistake about it they do sound tough.... i was just saying i reckon the 1G sounds better from inside the car... has a better note to it...

just my opinion... not putting down the RB at all, they do sound pretty wicked as well Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 10:48

oh no mistake about it they do sound tough.... i was just saying i reckon the 1G sounds better from inside the car... has a better note to it...

just my opinion... not putting down the RB at all, they do sound pretty wicked as well Smile

no, feel free to put the RB down all you like, they are vastly inferior to our engines Smile

but yes the 1G turbo whistle is one of the best I have ever heard, i really miss that sound...kind of a tradeoff with double the power Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll always remember when on the palm beach cruise the guy driving beside me had to ask someone to repeat something again on the radio because all he could hear was soarer turbo whistle as i went past him in a tunnel

good times

times when my car was running properly....

*sniff*
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol. sorta on that note i sat down the other day and thought of cars i thought were nice. and Toyota seemed to win in my choices. like i would take a soarer ahead of a skyline any day (same motors, sorta). and the supra ahead of a 300zx. so i am glad i own a soarer. just my 2c
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 25 June 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have to say my mates RB20 powered silvia does sound very nice in the high revs and on the limiter. I reckon they are one of the best sounding engines, also the RB25's sound nice too...
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT arrives tomorrow for my Z10 people Very Happy so expect silly questions lol. i may start a new thread in tech and conversions
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone have any suggestions to what diff should be in a gz20?
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cthulhu wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 10:22

a cusco rs 2-way
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisellis wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 21:40

cthulhu wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 10:22

a cusco rs 2-way

yeah cthulu buy one of them and then give it too me, and then you can have my awesome Supra Clutch LSD, heaps better than that cusco junk, I only want it so i can put cusco stickers on my car Rolling Eyes
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could always just put the stickers on it a little bit of rice wont hurt
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the motor has arrived with a Z20 acting as a rolling shell, so i guess if anyone wants any Z20 bits let me know as i guess i am wrecking one. the car is in bad shape though and has very little on it but you can ask anyway, maybe PM me or something, would really prefer if i didn't have to post anything though...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you got a drivers side front guard, headlight, and corner light?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
headlight and corner light yes. panel, no.

It got T-boned drivers side, its in pretty bad shape. i can send you a pic if ya want. email me to ndgcpr@hotmail.com
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you got the door i need that little j shpaed rod with the roller on it my has gone and killed itself
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take some photos of the headlight please...as it looks like thats all I will need
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, I take it that it's not factory kitted?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys anyone here fitted the safc 2 in the soarer yet just wondering where the actual unit is placed inside the car im not keen on mounting on the dashboard

Also s there anyway of checking the safc if its working without actually connecting all the wires needed as in the rpm signal, afm signal etc etc , just want to see if the screen comes on and the unit actually works as I got it second hand

also on another note does anyone know who makes the oil that toyota sell in their dealership stores obviuosly its been rebadged and sold as toyota oil but im interested in knowing who actually supplies the oil to toyota as in shell, mobil, etc etc

Cheers

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 23:12]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the SAFC should have a couple of power wires and an earth, hook them up and it will tell you if its working or not..

I think the oil is valvoline, someone told me that once...but I could be wrong
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so just connect them to the battery i suppose and they should work right ????
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is kitted but the kit is sold
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys. a question about interours. i was really keen ona MZ soarer though the interiour really put me off.... lets face it. they are ugly. so what have u guys done about it? is it easy (and cheap) to make it livable? just something simple and cool.

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's ugly about it?

Black and blue velour with black leather dash, steering wheel and centre console and black inserts on the rear passenger sides looks pretty nice to me

However if you mean the 10 series soarers (ive only seen the interior of Jag779's, and it was fairly... "usual" before he had it reupholstered (check his members rides thread to see what it looks like after being reupholstered)

Also, the leather interior on the soarers looks really nice too!

The black does look better than the tan though, not sure which one you've seen
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll ahve to find the pics ive seen when i get home. no on my computer at the moment. just plain black would be good. but the brown ones ive seen are so..... um....... 80's. i know i know its an old car. but just wanting some ideas thats all
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think its cool!

the tan is definitiely worse than the black tho...mine will look good once there is a nice pair of black velos in there tho Smile
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah. i looked at 1 and i just dont think i could live with it. actually looking at a 91 model now with 1j. awsome interiour on that. and the potiential

ccant beat the 1j Evil or Very Mad
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rubbing it in

That’s why u need the blue velour interior not many soarers around with that colour interior

i think the 1j seats look shitee compared to the older z20 ones the older ones have a better shape

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 01:36]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know if the z20 seats fit in the z10? cause mine are really falling apart
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: SAFC-2

Hey Steve,
I've got one in my car remember?
I've got the unit stuck to the front of the ashtray.
The cable sneaks into the trim gap to the right of that - power comes from the accessories wire to the stereo - the signal wires run out a grommet throught he firewall from behind the dash.

Let us know if you want to catch up and check it out.

Frankie
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GZ20TT wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 12:04

Re: SAFC-2

Hey Steve,
I've got one in my car remember?
I've got the unit stuck to the front of the ashtray.
The cable sneaks into the trim gap to the right of that - power comes from the accessories wire to the stereo - the signal wires run out a grommet throught he firewall from behind the dash.

Let us know if you want to catch up and check it out.

Frankie

cool frankie must catch up soon then was thinking the same place but was thinking of removing the whole ash tray and fitting the unit in there its a snug fit almost but yeah iil see what u have done first so i have some sort of idea do u have the ver 2 or 1 safc
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not really a fan of the tan interior just looks to plain to me but i like the blue interior Razz
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Steve,
version 2 I think.
Silver body, blue face - no knobs or anything - just buttons to program it.

Let us know when you're up for a meet - maybe we can turn it into a mini-meet and get a few of the other Melbourne Soarer guys to roll up.

Frankie
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah cool man sounds good frankie , maybe we can do something on the weekend

are all the melbourne lads up for a cruise maybe we can organise another dyno day as well if possible and we have enuf numbers i remeber the last time i organised the dyno day we had 10 cars for $30 each it was near my place though

let me know when is a good time im free most of the weekends but we need all the boys to be free lol

on the side note yeah blue interior the best yayyyyy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nahhhh gooo my blue black and purple interior man

(the blue looks purple from a certain angle)

its pretty awesome with the black dash and black wheel and centre console and doors
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 11:26

anyone know if the z20 seats fit in the z10? cause mine are really falling apart

its unlikely they will bolt in but you could probably fgit them to your rails or a set of MA61 rails without any problems Smile
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys,

I am looking at Purchasing a UZZ30 as my second car (Daily Driver). In particular its got to have the factory Sunroof and the Leather Trim.

Im assuming this is the thread for me to ask the Owners. I want a bulletproof pimp ride that ties in with my line of work well and this suits it to a T.

What should i be looking for on these? What are their common problems? What should i be watching out for? Im expecting to pay 10-14K for one, is this reasonable for one in top nick?

Any info appreciated

Regards

Chris
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends what year it is, for the most part they all look very similar, but their price varies a LOT.

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think most people here will be a bit out of the league for a UZZ30/1.

Best read through the ALSC stuff, and also PlanetSoarer.com

Usual things to go are bushes, engine mounts, and power steering pump, which inturn leaks onto and kills the alternator.

PlanetSoarer has some very tidy write ups, you can't go wrong.

Obviously all Soarers are JDM imports, and all SC400's are rebadged Soarers.

There is the UZZ30 which was the first, the UZZ31 which has TEMS I think? (some suspension difference anyway) and finally the UZZ32 which has the hydraulic suspension (no springs/shocks)
Son Gokou
Regular

September 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep,

The UZZ30 which was the buttom of the V8 range, the UZZ31 which has TEMS + airbag suspensions + EMV touch screen and finally the UZZ32 which has the hydraulic suspension (no springs/shocks), 4WS + EMV touch screen + reverse camera...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll want the UZZ31 GT-Limited.

Which is Leather, sunroof, TV, etc etc etc etc eetc etc etc.
Son Gokou
Regular

September 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe,

My Soarer is the GT Limited with the EMV, reverse camera, & GPS but no sunroof Sad...

Also you can convert the TV to be working in australia Smile

Too bad the GPS only works in Japan and not in Australia..

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 23:10]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doesnt it just show ocean or something? lol
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UZZ31 correct, my bad. TEMS is a bit ghey but thats okay, Im more after the smooth driving daily feel than the thrash and hammer it approach..
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like my brown interior, i feel like a pimp in an ivory mobile.
Son Gokou
Regular

September 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe,

yer the GPS in the Soarer just showed a map of japan and i dunno understand much as everythings are in Japanese...

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 09:48]

TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Son Gokou wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 14:38

Hehe,

My Soarer is the GT Limited with the EMV, reverse camera, & GPS but no sunroof Sad...

Also you can covet the TV to be working in australia Smile

Too bad the GPS only works in Japan and not in Australia..

hey mate yeh my car came wit gps aswell
it says im in japan
find out what model gps unit it is and maybe all u need is just a disk... my gps system is sony and sony hasnt bought out a gps australian dc yet so i gotta wait or ill pull it out
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well my new 88 degree thermostat arrived this morning Smile

All should be well and the car should warm up quicker now that I dont have a busted one in there Smile

Just gotta figure out how to replace it now! Wink

Cheers for that TT_SOAR... very quick and easy transaction Cool

$25 direct from toyota, can't complain!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On another note

anyone know if the GA70/MA70 manual crossmember is the same as the one I need for my GZ20 soarer?
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 09:14

Well my new 88 degree thermostat arrived this morning Smile

All should be well and the car should warm up quicker now that I dont have a busted one in there Smile

Just gotta figure out how to replace it now! Wink

Cheers for that TT_SOAR... very quick and easy transaction Cool

$25 direct from toyota, can't complain!

no probs mate
any time
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know how to remove the Z20 headlights?????

I have undone all (i think) of the visible bolts and the screw that screws the blinker to the headlight. i know that there are 2 more bolts on the headlight but they can't be removed until the blinker goes (maybe it is a parker??? its the clear light outside the headlight). so how do you remove the parker/blinker thing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are two bolts on the parker I think and then its a matter of popping it off the side of the headlight as it sort of plugs in, dont be scared as it can sometimes take a bit of force to get it out Smile
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are your headlights man i don't mind ripping them out Very Happy. know where these bolts are located?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant remeber man Confused

every time I have had to get mine out is becuase I have smashed one Laughing
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah yes got it. fully KO'ed my hand doing it. there i 1 metal screw and 2 metal 1 way clips (easy to put in hard to pull out). now i gotta do the other one and kill my other hand lol
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet Very Happy

yer its not much fun is it Sad

any chance you could chop the wires and plugs attached to the car off as I have smashed one of mine
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I've found an MA70 crossmember that i can definitely get...

Will this fit in my car OK?

Can I use that in conjunction with the W58 i want to put in there?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
sound fit up fine... Smile
Pages (51): [ «  <  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:08:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015942096710205 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.