Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK then, I'll buy it. If it doesnt fit then I guess its just a case of me having an MA70 crossmember to sell Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 12:21

OK then, I'll buy it. If it doesnt fit then I guess its just a case of me having an MA70 crossmember to sell Laughing

Laughing

thats a good way of looking at it
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr - Im after all the looms for the headlights if they are all still factory.

Can you see if they wire up into the body loom, and if there is anyway of removing them?

CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 12:51

The only reason it wouldn't fit is if it's for an R154 I believe, in which case I might want it Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrispyFries wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 13:07

Merudo wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 12:51

The only reason it wouldn't fit is if it's for an R154 I believe, in which case I might want it Very Happy

ok well i'll double check with him and if it is for an R154, ill tell him to contact you via PM Smile
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra

Nah man they go up into the body sorry
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr 1Jz can you please PM me back asap thanks
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpdr

PM replied dude, thanks for that Smile

btw looks like I finally found me a two way today!

w00t!
mz soarer
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hay guys no intercooler pics to see ???????
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/GZ20%20Soarer/P1010032.jpg

enjoy Smile

not the best pic but its a picture of an intercooler Smile
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOLLLLLLLL u copied my idea of the oil cooler being behind the front grille , so now that makes 2 of us I know who has it like that lollllllll

Also do u have problems with closing the bonnet cause the locking mechanism is flexing due to the mounts being removed to fit the cooler

btw my cooler looks exactly the same and in the same place too
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well techincally you copied me, and i copied danish so he is teh winnahhh!!!!!1111eleveneleven Laughing

yes i do have a problem closing the bonnet so i got these Wink

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/GZ20%20Soarer/P1010030.jpg

best $35 i ever spent Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh at 110 my bonnet wobbles, you can see it moving

but that latch aint going to fail.

well, if it does im going to shit my pants but yeh, fuckit
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 14:05

BlackSupra

Nah man they go up into the body sorry

Yeah thought as much, thanks for looking.

And yes i have bonnet latch flex! Dori Dori off the forums has had a custom fabbed one made up to hold everything together, im going to do the same.........and bonnet pins for extra reassurance.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lolllllllll was just kidding abouth the copy , i had mine done sometime last year Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad but i dint know danish did it , i reckon its the best place to cool mine is serving the power steering though , and takes up the whole front grille got it off a ford tranny cooler after fitting that my power steering started sqeeling ,lollllllllllll

the bonnet flexes casue the support isnt there anymore , a 4 dollar bracket from bunnings fixed my problem although i have to slam the bonnet a bit to lock it but then its all good
plus i also got to keep my horn

bonnet pins look like a good idea too but are they street legal?????

u wouldnt even dream of the bonnet latch flexing so much until u actually see it in action damn it scared me as to how fragile/soft the steel its mounted on is
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merudo/tt_50ar whats the part number for the toyota genuine thermostat it will be in handy for the rest of us and me for making the part listt

cheers Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
street legal bonnet pins?

errr...no

not like i care much really
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/soarer4.jpg
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 16:40

merudo/tt_50ar whats the part number for the toyota genuine thermostat it will be in handy for the rest of us and me for making the part listt

cheers Very Happy

part number.. umm wher do i find the part number
i just said i want the thermostat
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it says on the box for the thermostat that im holding right now, this number

90916-03063 - THERMOSTAT
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1GGTE - 90916 - 03063 88deg

7MGTE - 90916 - 03083 82deg

TT_50AR wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 00:10

indian wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 16:40

cheers Very Happy

part number.. umm wher do i find the part number
i just said i want the thermostat

1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also dont forget the rubber O-ring with the Thermostat

1GGTE 16325 - 63011
7MGTE 16341 - 35010
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone wouldnt have a drivers side window would they?

some coastie scum decided I didnt want mine anymore Crying or Very Sad
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mz21 shiznac that’s exactly what my cooler looks like same shite as well u have the hybrid one don’t you it’s a pity the cooler cant really be seen from the front u have to look into the grille properly I put in the bigger cooler to get more power and also to show it off to those pesky skylines that roam around my area but after it was finished I was a bit disappointed as I couldn’t see shite from a normal viewing angle its good for stealth though lollllllllllll

Btw what I have done with the number plate is move it upwards a bit more and then I cut off the remaining section that used to house the old number plated from japan looks better and cooler can get that little bit more extra air

Btw thanks for that part numbers boys
someone had a soare they were wrecking merudo ask them i think it was ndcgpr or whatever his name is

Cheers
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the car was t-boned on the drivers side door so that window wont be of any use to me! Sad
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NDGCPR Razz
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 08:51

Btw what I have done with the number plate is move it upwards a bit more and then I cut off the remaining section that used to house the old number plated from japan looks better and cooler can get that little bit more extra air

Like this:

http://members.optushome.com.au/dbhebuild/mz21cooler.jpg

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah dude exactly but I still have a little bit on the topside just enuf for me to secure my number plates, but urs looks nice plenty of airflow to the cooler so where did u put the plates, and what the hell are those small pinhole like things on the bumper

I cant upload any pics cause I need an account lollllllll otherwise I can show u my cooler pics ---- after I take some lolllllllll and the dodgy pvc piping

NDGCPR sorry man was typing in a hurry no offence bro
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:25

and what the hell are those small pinhole like things on the bumper

Drilled holes to increase airflow to cooler.

Car doesn't have rego yet, will have to side mount the plates.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian email me the pics...ill host them

della@airnet.com.au
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahahahaha hts a wicked way to get the airflow in , but does it work though holes are so small aren’t they wont the air just bypass it cause there will be lesser resistance under the bumper and over it compared to the resistance those small hole will produce

Another good way ive figured out is if u have the lip for the front bar then just cut the bottom of the bar and it will work well also the lip is there so it wont look ugly
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:29

indian email me the pics...ill host them

della@airnet.com.au

cheers bro iil send u them on the weekend have to take pics of it lolllll
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:33

Hahahahaha hts a wicked way to get the airflow in , but does it work though holes are so small aren’t they wont the air just bypass it cause there will be lesser resistance under the bumper and over it compared to the resistance those small hole will produce

Another good way ive figured out is if u have the lip for the front bar then just cut the bottom of the bar and it will work well also the lip is there so it wont look ugly

Dude in Japan did it, i would think it does 9/10ths of bugger all unless its going down the 1/4, then it may do a teenie tiny little bit.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:09

indian wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:33

Dude in Japan did it, i would think it does 9/10ths of bugger all unless its going down the 1/4, then it may do a teenie tiny little bit.

its all part of the 6000% JDM Drift Spec Bro image that your car upholds Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rice idea ,

maybe u can stick a neon behind those holes and then in the night whola u have thousands of shiny little stars (depends on what colour u use I suppose)

But yeah japs sometimes go crazy , a water spray setup would have been a better option
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian, water spray on a front mount does sweet fuck all anyway unless you can get a nice even spray and the water is ice cold...ie freezing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:40

its all part of the 6000% JDM Drift Spec Bro image that your car upholds Laughing

Now now, don't be jealous.

indian wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:43

Rice idea ,
maybe u can stick a neon behind those holes and then in the night whola u have thousands of shiny little stars (depends on what colour u use I suppose)

Lets not and say we did.

indian wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:43

But yeah japs sometimes go crazy , a water spray setup would have been a better option

But that would cost money.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:17

MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:40

Now now, don't be jealous.

sif...

my car is becoming the ADM version of your car...

all I need is the pop rivets on the seams to complete the transition Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude a wet piece of metal will cool faster than a one that’s not wet when air is passed over it so technically the spray will cool it better

Same shite as sticking some spit on ur middle finger and waving it around it will most def feel more cooler than the rest of ur other fingers

nice even , fine misty spray being the important bit

bahahahahahaa

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2005 01:52]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian

its cool man none taken, also you can always upload to http://www.imageshack.us/index.php thats what i do.

Also you should use one of thoes funk neon that have like the lightining effect. then you will get the stars twinkling. like nar:

http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ST314 8&CATID=&keywords=neons&SPECIAL=&f orm=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Ke yword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax =&SUBCATID=
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3402/kerala8zu.th.jpg

woooooooooooooooooott

thats close to my hometown by the way

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2005 02:35]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now the "preview" button is your friend. try the "forum link" writing as it should post the pic in and save the thumbnail approach. i can't remember if it is the first one or second one though (as the link is in capitals or little letters, but this is where you use the preview button to make sure it shows up properly.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someone tell me what this does or post a manual engine bay up so i can see if it is an auto thing. My Z10 doesn't have one and am wondering if i need it for the swap

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1904/wtf7lm.jpg
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like the charcoal canister to me.

damn that's a tidy engine bay (even if its in a t-boned z20 Razz)
bigmac
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, I have a mz21 with a fair bit of the interior um... politely..... stuffed. Who carry's stuff for this car. I am in Brissy, so there's gotta be someone local I would imagine.

BTW Great thread, lots of good looking soarers doing the rounds.

Keep up the good work.

Greg
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate tell me the list u need and i kno some1 up ther that mite b able 2 help u out
Nathan
GreyWolfe
Regular

January 2004

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo, if replacing the thermostat is anything like mine, its a 5 minute job.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 July 2005 04:08]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GreyWolfe wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 13:36

Merudo, if replacing the thermostat is anything like mine, its a 5 minute job.

geez you are slow...if you have everything you need on a tray infront of you..i.e. socket, spanner, 3 bond and new thermostat it can be done in 2 miuntes...

but yer...peice of piss
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigmac

I am currently wrecking a Z20 in strathpine. (whereis.com it, it is prob an hour hour & a half north of you.)

I have some seats but not all. i could probably get you a blue/black rear seat
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
took a bit longer cause i had to take the intake, the piping off the top of the engine on the turbo side and undo a whole lot of clamps, but still was a 20 minute tops job, thats with a lot of talking too.

You should've seen my old thermostat! no wonder my car decided to take ages to warm up, or let me drive 20 kilometers and still only be one or two bars up on temp.

Now it takes a few mins tops to warm up, and then in no time at all we're sitting smack bang in the middle of the temp gauge.

Runs PERFECT.

runs better now it gets up to operating temp much quicker.

Also, friend gave me a boost gauge to fit to my car. and its got a black surround,and fits PERFECTLY into the air con vent on the drivers side.

ITS AWESOME! green backlit too so it goes with my digital dash. It looks like a stock install.

BUT - i dont know what line to pipe it into.

Anyone provide some suggestions please? Would be greatly appreciated.

Also... my car sounds... different. Wink

I'll post a sound file then tell you what I did...

Cheers
James
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Merudo, if you want to read vac pressure too, you will want to hook that gauge into the intake manifold. If you look at the front of it, you will see that there are a few spare places you can plumb onto. They have some little caps on them that just need to be removed and then you can plumb onto them.

Also I have seen on a few soarers with the boost gauge mounted in the drivers side air vent and I ask why? Why would you want to put it in there and loose the functionality of the vent? Also i wouldnt say it would look factory as on the passengers side there is a vent there, so it kinda looks odd.
But thats just me, good luck with the valve.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my vent never vented any air, so i'm not losing any functionality. Smile

But fair enough, everyone has their own opinion.

I just rather it there rather than screwed into my dash... I prefer a subtle look for addons rather than a stand out blingy look.

Also upon asking that question about where to connect the boost gauge, everyone told me that all at the same time LOL!

Thanks for your help mate Smile I shall hook it up tomorrow.

Cheers
James
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I have now done some hacking. Will take some pics when i can be bothered. I just need to fix it up a little bit but you will get the idea.
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i need some help
ive just installed my HU etc so my dash is half out etc etc
and all ive taken out is the speakers etc and my interior lights dont work now and the clock doesnt work and now everytime i turn the car on the digital tacho resets
y is this happening Confused Confused
oh and my power mirrors dont work 2
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 03 July 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you fuck about with the wires too much?
ever since i put my amp in my dash decides to turn itself off occassionly especially around the local cop station so i think ive down something to the wires sems theyre fairly fragile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 03 July 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CHeck your fuses?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 03 July 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[everytime i turn the car on the digital tacho resets

WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN

but yeah u might have blown some fuses somewhere look in the fuse box inside in the kickpanel
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 03 July 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 20:57

I just rather it there rather than screwed into my dash... I prefer a subtle look for addons rather than a stand out blingy look.

Also upon asking that question about where to connect the boost gauge, everyone told me that all at the same time LOL!

Cheers
James

iil show u what i did to mine look nice i have the gauge mounted on the side on the A pillar and did u use toyota red coolant
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 03 July 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 09:09

Merudo wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 20:57

Cheers
James

iil show u what i did to mine look nice i have the gauge mounted on the side on the A pillar and did u use toyota red coolant

I didn't do a coolant flush, I just topped it back up after putting the new thermostat in.

But when I do, yes, I will purchase toyota red.

Anyone got a spare soarer drivers door window?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
indian wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 09:07

everytime i turn the car on the digital tacho resets

WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN

I am with you man, how does a tacho reset. Although i have had my dash chase the fuel gauge and fuel light once before maybe it is something like that?
Pages (51): [ «  <  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:56:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.016881942749023 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.