Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i new that would be easierbut had no idea how to unscrew the instrument cluster. All i could see were the two screws at the very top near the projector bit.

coFF33 do you think you could tell us where all the screws and bolts are to undo it. I'd like to take mine out and beat it with a sledge hammer. Or atleast take it out and make sure that cable is screwed in correctly! My mate unscrewed it with a mirror, atleast all i can say it was a cunt!

cheerio
  Send a private message to this user    
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys i need some help here due to financial difficulties i no longer can afford to take my soarer to a shop to fit the manual gearbox in is it possible for anyone here in melbourne who can help me out to do this i have no idea where to start anyone who has done it before

CAN PAY FOR LABOUR IN ALCOHOL LOLLLLLLLLLL

seriously guys i was considering selling the car but i think i wont need to now but the gearbox will need to go in so i need some dedicated soarer owners to help me out if possible

let me know if it can be done maybe we can arrange a soarer owners meet at my place and fix the gearbox while were there altogether
let me know if u guys can help me out
i only need the custom tailshaft which i will be getting soon hopefully

cheers
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, i have no idea but i am in melbourne and i reakon a soarer meet would be awsome. Or even a melbourne toymods meet. But i still dont think it would be that hard.
KYOTO_ESP
Regular

September 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey peoples im new to soarers and am looking to buy a gz10 soarer and im wondering if its possible to change the front gaurds,bonnet and headlights and the rest to the gz20 headlights and others listed above with out cuting shit

so if its a straight bolt up ill be so happy

thanks
dave
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
without custom mounts im almost certain that gz20/mz20 front end and lights wont bolt on what so ever ...
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys we started work on puttin my new engine in etc and i swapped the dif from my current soarer 2 the new soarer
i took my lsd out of my gz20 and put a mz20 open dif in my car but it def must b a diferent diff ratio cause the car is slower and the speedo s out by about 15-20 km
i am drivin at about 44 and my mates were doin 60-65
now tell me if that does that from a mz to a gz
wat will happen when i put my lsd in a mz20
the same but opp or wat??
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here r some pix of startin work on d engine

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1337/picture0016la.th.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3809/picture0032vs.th.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1181/picture0059ci.th.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7744/picture0118ax.th.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4046/picture0154vc.th.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 06 November 2005 23:03]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks nice TT_50AR go into the engine bays and write down the diff codes, should be GXXX or something, then go here:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/dataBy Subject/AxleCodes.html

and it will tell you what the numbers mean and how different the ratios are.

Also can anyone please tell me how the z20 speedo is wired, and where it is run, i know it is 3 or so wires but where does it run through the car, on its journey from the dash to the box? thanks.
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 10:20

looks nice TT_50AR go into the engine bays and write down the diff codes, should be GXXX or something, then go here:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/dataBy Subject/AxleCodes.html

and it will tell you what the numbers mean and how different the ratios are.

Also can anyone please tell me how the z20 speedo is wired, and where it is run, i know it is 3 or so wires but where does it run through the car, on its journey from the dash to the box? thanks.

hey mate i can find out the dif ratio of my lsd goin in2 the new car but the dif i got and is now on my gz20 came off a wreck so i cant c wat ratio it is
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, do they stamp these things on the diff itself?
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 10:27

hmmm, do they stamp these things on the diff itself?

nah.. but i mite have a way of finding out... ill c
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 07 November 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Sun, 06 November 2005 14:51

well thanks for trying to help guys ... ive finally ended up calling Ian/WaxE and he talked me through it

what i was looking at the whole time was what i should have unplugged ..

but at that angle it looks odd

so as i took the dash apart i took some pics for future Soarer owners to see ...

the box is actually EASYer to get to via the dash than going underneith , so you were correct there Big Rob ....

*bows*
Laughing

glad to be of serviced.. hahah you did sound mad stressed tho Razz
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 07 November 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

My brother is about to buy a twin turbo soarer, with a 1jzgte. I was hoping for an honoust opinion on any issues that it could have.
we're buying it from a family friend of ours who said its a little big for him (he previously owned an AW11 MR2)
This car is in really good condition and has turbo timer, pod filter, and remote start with alarm etc.
looking at $14,000

honoust opinions would be much appreaciated gentlemen! Smile
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 07 November 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are sweet cars. Pretty much the same as any car check everything when you get it, all fluid levels etc. Something you might want to check is the power steering...
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 07 November 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good chance the control arm bushes will be shagged too.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 08 November 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look out for the door trims cracking , also for the blinky dash phenomenon , where by the dash blinks or totally goes out and doesn’t work for a while it cab be fixed though for a small price
Go to planet soarer to find out everything u need to know about these cars
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 08 November 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolies Cool
Thanks guys!
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 08 November 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably check that the turbos are in good nick, if the car has over 100,000km then the turbos should be replaced. but once fixed awesome engine!
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 08 November 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as always check rust in the bottom of the doors !
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys , i want to get new shock's because mine are all still stock from 86' and very very fucked

now i know the "in thing" is to get coilovers which is fair enuf i know that coilovers are adjustable and thats why people get them but i dont want rock hard racing springs , i want comfort and lowness

so what would be my best option ?

apparently shocks from somewhere like pedders/other shops are around $150 per shockie and around $400 for a set of nice springs

but these will be comfy comapred to rock hard coilovers ..

so what springs and shocks should i browse for if im not wanting to go coilovers but i want lowness and comfort
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, I would so not be wasting $150 a corner on Pedders (Monroe) shocks. My Tokico's cost less than that, and they had to come all the way from the US!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oooh, one other thing to remember, it's all well and good to want lowness and comfort, but if you go low, you're going to have to sacrifice some of the ride quality. teeBore can attest that his GZ20, while looking pimptastic, isn't a fan of every road thanks to the fact the suspension can't stop it rubbing in time Razz
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate,

I have a pair of brand new boxed KYB rear shocks for our cars which i bought ages ago and b4 getting them fitted end up getting some coilovers, therefore won't end up needing them at a later date. If you wanna call around and get prices on them and if interested you can take em off me for a saving once you have a price on them from the shops, that way i recoup some of my money and you get them cheaper than you could otherwise
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 09 November 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coil overs don’t necessarily have to adjustable and neither do they have to be rock hard
If u want lowered look and comfy ride get the stock shock absorbers regassed /or buy new pedders replacement ones and get some lovell/king lowered springs and put them on
I have the stock shocks with lovells in mine they are pretty comfortable plus the car is lowered too check pages 3-7 somewhere in there for a pic of what my car looks like if u like the look then do the same
The ride can be too soft on over 100 speeds and he car can bottom out if not carefull so use the tems sport mode and itll fix it
Oh btw did I just mention that the tems feature still works with this setup (can still hear the actuators clicking ) lollllllll
Cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
free words of advice...

PEDDERS = SHIT

just ask merudo, his shocks were 12 months old and already fucked...id personally go for coilovers, but failing that the KYB super streets i used to have were pretty fucken sweet
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where can i browse a range of shocks/springs online ?

anyone have any reccomendations (linkies)?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this all the same info for a z10? what should i look for, as for those who remember my skid pan vid should know that i need shocks, and for those who don't remember, check out my body roll

http://users.tpg.com.au/phiele01
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 10 November 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
afaik you can get the same tocikos that cruz and the frankie boy have...why not invest in a set of them, as they are a pretty damn decent shock when combined with decent springs as well Smile
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 12 November 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what ever happened to getting those stock kits made up is that still going through or have i missed something?
ive only just found out a family friend of mine owns a fibreglass and plastics factory if that helps any in getting these kits made up
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 12 November 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the foglight bars are easy to find for the Gz20 and Mz20's but the sideskirts are prolly the hardest to find , im not willing to donate mine for anything .... lol

but if a wreckers had one (sideskirts) and u found them, i reckon u could make fuckin heaps mate, just get ya mate at the plastics factory to make like 20 copys and sell them for $2-300 each

this idea is good , but i have no chance of that happening in perth .Sad

TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 12 November 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i found sone1 that wil make skirts but im gettin postage costs b4 i start the gp
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 12 November 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone interested in a vpc
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 15 November 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT_50AR wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 09:57

*pics snipped*

looking sweet dude, BTW is that Warne (or whatever his name is Razz) the editor of Zoom magizine's 300kw 7m? piping looks the same.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 15 November 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 10 November 2005 11:50

free words of advice...

PEDDERS = SHIT

just ask merudo, his shocks were 12 months old and already fucked...id personally go for coilovers, but failing that the KYB super streets i used to have were pretty fucken sweet

wootlar, you people remember me Laughing

Yeah, pedders didn't really work out for me.

Nor for Dan (Rvrolla, used to have a MZ20)

his pedders ended up from my interpretation of his description of it making his car bounce like you were in a jumping castle
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 15 November 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kemicalx wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 14:58

TT_50AR wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 09:57

*pics snipped*

looking sweet dude, BTW is that Warne (or whatever his name is Razz) the editor of Zoom magizine's 300kw 7m? piping looks the same.

yeh mate its the engine out of that zoom soarer
grant...warne might b his last name r somethin
so yeh its got a bit ova 300rwkw
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 15 November 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any1 got a auto gearbox 4sale in syd
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 16 November 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the a340e gearbox
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 16 November 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow this thread has gone downhill... Rolling Eyes
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 16 November 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since i sold my soarer Laughing

god i miss it Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 16 November 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok people...lets liven it up...

my motor is going to be back together and hopefully running by this weekend...I should have a base tune of about 14 pound and should make about 260rwkw...when I get a proper computer and some bigger injectors boost will go up to about 25-28 pound and it should see the further part of 300rwkw...

glenn..wanna run?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 16 November 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounding very nice matt!

I'll give you a run... in the AE82

LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing

*hides*
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 16 November 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id give u a run for a bit of fun. pity u not in perth, have to swap timeslips. still yet to pump 18psi through the 7m, boy do i hate uni wages.
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 16 November 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://i27.imagethrust.com/i/69759/dyno1.jpg

any interpretations of the "after" hiflow turbo run would be helpful - theres no difference between the tuning on both runs
Jimmy01
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 17 November 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to rally gz20 or not too rally gz20...... i wish
[img]http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc002166 tn.jpg]http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8924/dsc002166tn.th.jpg
too bad its only a time keeping decal
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 17 November 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr 1JZ what computer will you be running, also are cams goin in at the same time?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 17 November 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock comp for a little while...gonna tune it for about 10-12 pound, with just a bigger fuel pump and rising rate FPR but then later on im gonna go to a haltech and a pair of 272's

should see me around the 350rwkw mark...

same turbo I have made 429rwhp on an RB30DET on 16 pound...its good for over 2 bar as well
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lads I need some help with my steering rack the steering arms on them is fubared , I have a chance to purchase a #A70 steering rack will this thing fit straight onto my soarer gz20 or am I wasting my time I need o do this asap as my car is steering badly plus when the car was hoisted up and the wheels checked there was a lot of play in the wheels in all 4 ways which the mechanic said is the steering arms being worn out
If the steering rack won’t fit will I be able to just remove the steering arms and just replace them in my car
Cheers fellas
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
afaik soarer and supra steering rack are IDENTICAL
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEAH that’s what I was told as well but I needed to confirm it also what about the pas (power assisted steering) im sure the supras had them too didn’t they I just don’t want to spend money un-necessarily as I cant afford it atm I am in the process of buying a house and I hope I can afford to keep the soarer otherwise might have to trade her in for something local made so the insurance and parts cost will be lesser hopefully ive got so much stuff for the car but I dunno if I can put them all in due to finance problems
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 00:43

my motor is going to be back together and hopefully running by this weekend...I should have a base tune of about 14 pound and should make about 260rwkw...when I get a proper computer and some bigger injectors boost will go up to about 25-28 pound and it should see the further part of 300rwkw...

glenn..wanna run?

I'll be in for a drag meet after next week. Although i am speculating at the moment to a degree, after my GT 35/40 is fitted and we crank the boost i'm expecting somewhere between 300-350rwkw dependant i guess on the psi i run it at. But next week all power figure will be confirmed so glenn, mr 1j, lets do it Evil or Very Mad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a few weeks away still

car has too look pretty too Wink
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course mate, some pink flowers on the bonnet Laughing

Hey guys, i'm going crazy out of desperation for an aftermarket bodykit so i have two questions i'd like your feedback too. First up, who would be interested in buying my full factory kit and second who would be interested in copies of the do luck kit if i bite the bullet and pay the ridiculous money it'll cost me?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take your side skirts...

how much?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soarted bruva wrote on Fri, 18 November 2005 16:25

glenn..wanna run?

I'll be in for a drag meet after next week. Although i am speculating at the moment to a degree, after my GT 35/40 is fitted and we crank the boost i'm expecting somewhere between 300-350rwkw dependant i guess on the psi i run it at. But next week all power figure will be confirmed so glenn, mr 1j, lets do it Evil or Very Mad

mate, let me know when, I'll see if i can come down. I'd love to watch you run that beauty down the strip.

Sounded like a demon when you showed me before, love to see it tuned and going like a rocket! Very Happy
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be far more in favour of selling it all together cos if i sell the skirts seperately i may not be able to sell the front and rear sections on their own and need to get a sale for all of it if i'm gonna spend on this do luck kit
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Merudo wrote on Fri, 18 November 2005 16:40]
soarted bruva wrote on Fri, 18 November 2005 16:25

glenn..wanna run?

mate, let me know when, I'll see if i can come down. I'd love to watch you run that beauty down the strip.

Sounded like a demon when you showed me before, love to see it tuned and going like a rocket!

sure thing merudo. Nathan wants to drag me in a few weeks when we're both ready so i might lose my track virginity then, hope i don't have any premature ejaculation and stall it
Embarassed
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want a copy of the do-luck kit !

also Matthew im getting the tociko set sent from the U-S-A to here in perth Smile

prolly get some low low Lovells too Very Happy
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want a copy of the do-luck kit !

also Matthew im getting the tociko set sent from the U-S-A to here in perth Smile

prolly get some low low Lovells too Very Happy
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, well the more interest there is in the do luck the more feasible it will be to get. I'm looking into the shipping side of things and waiting on a reply email also in regards to the matter.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 18 November 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
it would be a good investment imo ... if u bought 2 , 1 for your car and 1 to duplicate for sale throughout Australia

unless thats illegal ? ??
Pages (51): [ «  <  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:35:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.016043186187744 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.