Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » Got ripped off by Forum Member(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
KarolinaKid
Newcomer

April 2005
icon8.gif  Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Mon, 18 April 2005 18:42 Go to next message
Hello all!

My name is Alan and I go by KarolinaKid on Club4AG.com

I was recently ripped off by "Anthony Kellam" and someone that goes by "rollamods" on that website. I'm not sure what their names are on this website.

Link to the club4AG thread is: http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=99540

The thread was edited by Moto Miwa at my request as it had gotten quite off-topic and I did not want to cause too much of a ruckus. The important information is still there.

Both are known to reside somewhere in Australia.

I sent Anthony Kellam $210 AUD for one of his DLI Converters for my 20V swap in my AE86.

He dodged around sending it out and eventually would not reply to my e-mails. I filed a dispute on PayPal and got a little under half of my money back. The loser did not even bother to respond to the PayPal dispute e-mails from PayPal.

He still owes me the rest of the money.

If anyone has dealings with either one of these two fools be warned. They are working together to scam people.
MODERATOR EDIT: this above statement is false. They are not working together, this is a known fact.

Known information for these people:

Anthony Kellam:

Name: Anthony Kellam
E-mail(s): akellam@optusnet.com.au, akellam@autospeed.com

rollamods:

MOD EDIT: details of a party not involved in this matter should not be publicly annouced. In fact i suggest that if you want to be such a cowboy and attack these people's integrity via a public medium, at least have the courage to identify yourself as more than just "alan"

I just wanted you good folks down there to be aware of any potential problem since they are more likely to be more active in their own backyard.

ALan

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 00:50] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user  
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got ripped off by Board Member(s) Mon, 18 April 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you do realise what a 'board member' is dont you???
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Got ripped off by Board Member(s) Mon, 18 April 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe PM Steve ae86 , KarolinaKid
From memory last November he had been waiting three months , it wasn't until some phone calls that it happened , so it might pay to get his number . Also those units are produced here in Melbourne , maybe one will have to be sent direct to you to save time . I will give the manufacture a call today and see if one is on order .
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Mon, 18 April 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KarolinaKid - Great way to introduce yourself to our forums. Firstly - I have edited the title of your thread. Toymods "Board" Members are a group of people who volunteer their time to assist in the running of this car club. I for one take great offence at hearing someone claim that they have been "ripped off" by the Board Members of this club.

Secondly - Did your transaction take place on these forums? Exactly how does your complaint relate to Toymods Membership & Feedback? (which is the forum section you've posted this thread in?
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Mon, 18 April 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez, didn't think I could be involved in something like this from just showing you a link and letting you know my personal experience on the product.

You will see in my post at club4ag that I mentioned Rhett had purchased the product, so if I was you (not local to the purchase similar to Rhett), I would have contacted Rhett to see what he thought about the product and delivery time. I'm in Brisbane like Anthony (when he's not in Syd, Perth, etc) so I dont have problems purchasing stuff from him as I can drop in personally and collect it.

I know the adapters are made in Brisbane, I've seen them in person being made when I've purchased other parts from Anthony.
I've seen the DLI adapter in action on both the red AE86 pictured in that link, and a white Trueno, both with blacktop 20V's.

That's all I have to say.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2005 23:46]

soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Mon, 18 April 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Typical US first strike method....... blaze away with everything you've got regardless of the damage you cause to innocents and allies.

I am both a financial sponsor and member of this board for an extended period and I know both people personally and for many years. I can assure you that your dealings with Anthony, regardless of how they turned out have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Jason. Re-assess your facts immediately
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Tue, 19 April 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for sharing that with us KarolinaKid.

As a long term financial member of the Toymods Car Club Inc, a moderator of this forum, a serving board member of the Toymods Car Club Inc, a moderator and long term member of the Twincam.org group and as an aquaintance to Soarer21, Jason P. and Anthony K...... i will back up everything Soarer21 has said, and add the following.....

Im just going to refute everything you say and back up the two individuals you have attacked here and give my personal feedback on them, as i know them both personally.

Both Jason and Anthony are two of the most honest, trustworthy and helpful guys i know from the Toyota community within Australia. I have had a number of business dealings, sales, purchases, discussions, and friendly chats with both of these guys long before meeting them in person - and i would have to say that i feel your comments have about as much truthful basis as the story behind "Back to the Future".

I have since met them both personally and regularly talk to them. I could not find a more inaccurate and untruthful way to depict both of these guys than the way you have.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 06:18]

Anthony Kellam
Regular

July 2002
Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Tue, 19 April 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The principal purpose of almost every one of Jason's posts on any forum in the world is to help other toyota modifiers. So to accuse him of conspiring in some scam is so ridiculous it's funny.

In any case, I have replied to you by email.

Improved86 or whatever. There are words to describe people who bring up stories from people they heard months back from other states. Do you have any direct knowledge here? Isn't there a forum rule concerning butting in where you don't know what you're on about.

The converters are produced on my bench from my design that consumed thousands of hours of my time to create. I will never see that investment back but I saw it as a way to learn something about the cars I love and produce a cool product - not to rip people off.
OverDose
Regular

October 2004
Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Tue, 19 April 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill vouch for anthony, hes been a big help with my project

cant picture him trying to rip someone off
KarolinaKid
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Tue, 19 April 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, such a response was never expected!

It seems there is some very rigid support for these two fellows.

Firstly, you must understand that being half a world away does nothing to help perception on the relationship between these two individuals. For all I knew they were working together. If you actually follow the link to the Club4AG.com post I provided and read it and not "blaze away first like us Americans". You'll see how I drew my conclusion. Jason posts about it, says it's great, and sends you on to Anthony.

Since he is not actually involved in scamming people I apologize to Jason for any problems this may have caused. I can appreciate you willingness to help others out and hope you continue to do so.

No on to a few other issues.

Jason you said (focusing on the bold section):

jasonp1977 wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 19:43

geez, didn't think I could be involved in something like this from just showing you a link and letting you know my personal experience on the product.

You will see in my post at club4ag that I mentioned Rhett had purchased the product, so if I was you (not local to the purchase similar to Rhett), I would have contacted Rhett to see what he thought about the product and delivery time. I'm in Brisbane like Anthony (when he's not in Syd, Perth, etc) so I dont have problems purchasing stuff from him as I can drop in personally and collect it.

I know the adapters are made in Brisbane, I've seen them in person being made when I've purchased other parts from Anthony.
I've seen the DLI adapter in action on both the red AE86 pictured in that link, and a white Trueno, both with blacktop 20V's.

That's all I have to say.

Well, Rhett did contact me and the board as a whole through his posts. I didn't even have to ask him, he found the thread and spoke up, very quickly, and loudly. Here is a copy of his post for all of you here to read:

TOYCOOLROLLA

Since this thread has been edited...I just want to say that i never received any DLI system i bought from Anthony Kellam for more than 2 years already. Now, you decide if you want to get something from him or not.

Seems he has said it in a very concise way. Never got it. Not pleased with the product. Or rather the service since he never got it to judge it. He had posted much the same thing prior to Moto editing the thread, but not in such a nice way.

Rhett's waited over two years, I've been waiting about two months. If there is any question about the timeline, I can post up the e-mail I sent to PayPal for the dispute with the dates spelled out in plain english so you can get a clearer picture.

Anthony has contacted me regarding the DLI converter and apologized for the delay. It seems he never recieved any e-mails from me or PayPal. He didn't even know about the situation until after reading the post here. He has sent it out to me. I will be glad to send him the money reclaimed by PayPal once it arrives.

I would suggest making things right with Rhett and get a new e-mail service. It's apparent the current one isn't working too well. I can appreciate your efforts as well to contribute to the Toyota community but it seems that something is working against you to tarnish your reputation outside of Australia. I'm sure your product would sell like hotcakes here in the States and abroad but no one knows about it and to be perfectly frank, you are comming across as a scammer overseas regardless of your reputation locally due to the lack of communication. Perhaps you might want to consider setting somone up here in the states as your local distributor for your products. If they're that good, I'm sure they'll be a great alternative to some of the Japanese competition and it will remove the problem of communication and shipping time.

Now, as for posting in this section about "trouble people/members", I saw a post further down the page in this section about another problem person and no one had made mention about this not being the correct section in that thread so I posted here. I was simply trying to be a responsible Toyota enthusiast by alerting you folks to a possible problem in your own backyard. I was also hoping someone here could shed some light on past problems involving these people if there were any.

I apologize for the misunderstanding in the distinction between "board members" and "forum members".

As for not giving more detail on who I am...

I said my name is Alan, I go by KarolinaKid on Club4AG.com. I didn't know I needed to give my complete family history in order for you to take me seriously.

Thank you all for your attention to this matter and your input.

ALan

KarolinaKid
From the USA
I live in South Carolina
I'm a male
Born in the month of July
I have a father and mother
One brother,younger by three years, he's recently married (poor soul)
Anything else?
Oh yes, as for being a cowboy, I do ride when I have time, English, not Western. The girls like me in breeches, what more can I say!
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Tue, 19 April 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anthony Kellam wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 20:58

The principal purpose of almost every one of Jason's posts on any forum in the world is to help other toyota modifiers. So to accuse him of conspiring in some scam is so ridiculous it's funny.

In any case, I have replied to you by email.

Improved86 or whatever. There are words to describe people who bring up stories from people they heard months back from other states. Do you have any direct knowledge here? Isn't there a forum rule concerning butting in where you don't know what you're on about.

The converters are produced on my bench from my design that consumed thousands of hours of my time to create. I will never see that investment back but I saw it as a way to learn something about the cars I love and produce a cool product - not to rip people off.

So what do you want me to get Steve ae86 to post a reply about what happened in November ? From other states ? , he wouldn't have got to this state for the drift nationals if i hadn't informed him to contact Mr Motec about the DLI converter hold up . Like i said "memory" i could call the people involved and get them to answer you here if like ?

Main point has he got his DLI converter yet ? If not refund his money and i will send him a DLI converter , which state you in KarolinaKid ? Basically ae86 or Toyota people are crap to deal with in this country , if there where half as good as the silvia people it would be a good , but there not Sad
Anthony Kellam
Regular

July 2002
Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Wed, 20 April 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Even though you think you do, you dont know the full story and for that reason I simply ask that you mind your own business.

I'm not really sure what "Mr. Motec" has to do with all this. I've never met him nor spoken to him.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Wed, 20 April 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why mind my own business , do you have something to hide ?
Has this guy got his converter yet ? I will get steve ae86 to give you the facts when he returns back here from holiday regarding that case of waiting three months plus for a converter . Its a forum i think you better remember that Laughing And news on giving crappy service travels fast Rolling Eyes Also i think you have heard of Steve "Mr Motec" before , maybe think about that for a while . Mind my own business Laughing maybe you should pay more attention to yours and you wouldn't have to answer my or other peoples posts .

Anthony Kellam
Regular

July 2002
Re: Got ripped off by Forum Member(s) Thu, 21 April 2005 00:41 Go to previous message

Well I had already thought about it and had already come to the comclusion that "Mr. Motec" referred to Steve. I still maintain that A> I have never met nor spoken to him and B> I dont know what he has to do with all this.

I am not quite sure where a product that is sympathetic to those wanting to utilise an OEM ECU in difficult circumstances fits into "Mr. Motec's" business plan, but if he wants to produce a competing product that's fine.

Steve paid me against my wishes for a product that wasn't ready. It was developed at the same speed as if he had paid me or not. It's a different situation and there are other factor's that you do not know about. Nothing I want to hide - I just don't enjoy bitching about ppl on public forums, especially with third parties whose relevance I am struggling to find.

I am sorry that Alan doesn't have his product. But I have been in touch with Alan and a solution has been formed. Isn't the point of this thread therefore over?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:deleted thread
Next Topic:how do i reduce the size of an image?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 15:39:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00705885887146 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.