Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » so pissed off.........

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 04:11 Go to next message
well story goes like this...........

received a letter today from the EPA, saying my cars defected and i need to rectify exhaust noise level....... now to my knowledge i have never been pulled over and been tested before in this car (i dont even have a license!). i called them up and they told me it was from the previous owner, what a freakin jerk!!! he didnt even tell me it had been defected........ so after a few phone calls for a few quotes i came to realise ive just been shafted Sad

but the good thing about it is ive booked an appointment with the rta to get the old owner "shafted" back Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and any 1 have a stocky muffler they wanna give away Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you didn't do a REVS check on the car before you bought it?
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, i did. it never came up on REVS. i even got the $11 printout thingy to.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's a good thing the RTA is sorting it out then, 'cause if you got a certificate saying the car wasnt encumbered or defected or anything like that, then you certainly shouldn't have to pay for it Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was of the understanding that REVS just checked if there was an outstanding loan on the vehicle.
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep that is correct........... even when i trasnferred the vehicle in my name the rta didnt even tell me it was a defected vehicle!!!

oh and no matter what the car still has to go through EPA which again is gonna kill me Sad i need a quick fix for the noise!

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 04:44]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you're right.... ah well.

Although it does state this -

"REVS can also tell you if the vehicle is reported to the Police
as stolen, de-registered due to unpaid traffic fines or is recorded with the RTA as a write-off or a vehicle of interest. "
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and hes another f**ked up story, im supposed to get my licence back on tuesday (disqualified through court). i called up the rta for some info wether i have to do a test or not, and i find out that im suspended as of tuesday for another 3mnths due to my demerit points
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats some fucked up shit...

as for the exhaust noise, bung something like a tennis ball or some foam in the pipe for a little while* Razz

*dont actually do this

Eldar.O.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best beat is the wreckers for cheap bits but they aren't much chop most of the time
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the same deal on my first car, it had a defect for months before I bought it. They told me when I went to change the rego though, wouldn't let me do it until I came in with a pink slip Sad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your suspended for another 3 months deregister the car and cash in the rego.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: so pissed off......... Tue, 19 April 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There seems to be a lot of whining here, yes you bought a car which had been defected, doesn't change the law - your car must be roadworthy to drive it on the road! Fix it, get your pink slip, get over it. (I had to do this, as many other have, stop complaining and get over it!)

As for the liscence you did the crime you do the time!! I can't say I feel particulary sorry for you. Maybe it is time you revised your driving style!

geeez I sound like an old man!
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: so pissed off......... Wed, 20 April 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wasnt born with a silver spoon in my mouth to afford the repairs, my whole point of this thread was to share my misfortune for the day, could you imagine waking up one day and finding all this has happened, it really dus shit you.

i dont need no 1 2 feel sorry 4 me.

oh and the whole pakage on my license, this has been my 1st driving offence. resulted in loosing 7demerit points, now what i dont get is ive done my 3mnths so why should i do another 3. this should have been explained in court.

and yes i agree u sound like a old man Evil or Very Mad

i was thinking of cashing the rego in............... but its best if my car goes to another home that will appreciate it as much as i do........
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: so pissed off......... Wed, 20 April 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edit: and yes im over it Very Happy life goes on...............
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: so pissed off......... Wed, 20 April 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok now i have had my whinge ill be a little more constructive:

Did you get a pink slip when you transferred the rego to your name? If so that should be enough to trump the defect if the pink slip has a later date.

As for the demerit - they are supposed to explain that in court, Im guessing you got bought up for somethng like neg driving or DUI, which is why you were in court. Either of these can get you 3 months. Then I'm guessing there were some other minor charges which when added up to your 7 points, hence an automatic 3 month suspension.ne which you appeared in court was the last one issued then you

BTW there was no silver spoon in my mouth, my car took me three months to get roadworthy - it happens!
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: so pissed off......... Wed, 20 April 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Double Post.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 April 2005 02:37]

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: so pissed off......... Wed, 20 April 2005 02:37 Go to previous message
Triple post, im on fire!

[Updated on: Wed, 20 April 2005 02:40]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Lowest user traffic on Toymods