Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Tue, 19 April 2005 23:42 Go to next message
I was wondering, what's the best steering wheel for PC as far as realism goes? I've only got a mad catz analog one that plugs into my gameport and it cost me ten bucks many years ago, so i was thinking of upgrading Wink

While this wheel still kicks ass, it suffers the same problem 99% of steering wheels suffer - it feels like a little toy and doesnt turn enough!

Is there a steering wheel that actually has more travel and turns more like a real steering wheel? Preferably force feedback, but I imagine any wheel that actually is expensive and realistic probably would be force feedback anyway Rolling Eyes

Any suggestions are perfectly welcome... Cool Surprised

Cheers
James

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 23:55]

Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on, don't tell me you're all PS2 and Xbox girlies
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i used to have a V3 non force feedback and the spring that returns it to centre busted but sinec then we had another old wheel that my sisters boyfriend gave up was ok but aparts from that i haven't played a computer game for around 2-3 years cos i got the xbox and may get a wheel for it. Personally i don't think you can go past the logitech wheels unfortunately the 900 degrees wheel is PS2 only atm so we are stuck with the momo force feedback with 240 degrees for xbox and pc no hand over hand action as yet.
Carmageddon 2 is what broke our wheel and my effects of drifting round tracks personally though that wheel was great but weak as piss we didn't really reave it or anything like that it just broke after about 9 months, not good when it cost 150 bucks back then and was a chrissie present.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got the black, rubbery MOMO racing (logitech) and it's SWEET ! ! - I've heard that someone's working on drivers to run the 900deg. PS2 Logitech wheel on PC, but I haven't heard much more than that.

Logitech all the way bro - Don't touch ANYTHING by thrustmaster, EVER.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 13:58

I've got the black, rubbery MOMO racing (logitech) and it's SWEET ! ! - I've heard that someone's working on drivers to run the 900deg. PS2 Logitech wheel on PC, but I haven't heard much more than that.

Logitech all the way bro - Don't touch ANYTHING by thrustmaster, EVER.

Yeah, if I was going to upgrade wheels I wanted the bees knees of steering wheels Very Happy so yeah heh

That 900 degree one is the one I was hoping they had an equivalent for here on the PC.

So far the best one i've seen is the logitech momo one you're talking about I think.

Is it the one that was $299 that lets you swap the gearshift from the left side or the right side?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the momo one is around 180-200 bucks depeanding on who's selling it http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?game id=7700
thats the xbox version and that is a price that is more expensie than i have seen elsewhere
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoops, i meant $199 Laughing
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got mine for $160 or so on special at Electronics Boutique.

Same place I got teh PS2 and Logitech 900degree actually . . Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the 900degree really good?

is GT4 even worth getting a PS2 for?

h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hada logi tec wheels non feed back it was good for nfs ug n stuff but nething else ppf piece of shit....

gt4 gets borring after a while.. dont get me wonr its a great game but hey kinda dont like setup and it get gay after a while fining races to do....

im stilll waiting for a company too make an all in one console... lol that would b so wack... b great when u take it to a mates place u wouldnt need to have botha ps2 n xbox to play games.... Surprised
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i had a logitech a while ago, i was great Very Happy
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Best steering wheel for PC?? Offer your input here! Wed, 20 April 2005 08:27 Go to previous message
Well, I wouldn't have bought a PS2 if it wasn't for GT4, and I wouldn't have bought GT4 if it wasn't for the 900deg wheel.

Go figure Very Happy

(yes, it is really good, but I haven't used it back-to-back with the cheaper 180deg logitech.)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TruenoSedan :twisted:
Next Topic:burning an audio cd from dvd???using nero
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:56:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060329437255859 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.