Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Thu, 21 April 2005 11:23 Go to next message
Howdy, I have a mate selling a 1370mm hilux diff housing.
This is the one for Celicas etc who dont want the problems with increased track.

It has an open centre, axles, brakes.

New axle bearings, new brake shoes.

Asking $280 ono.

Send a private message to this user    
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Thu, 21 April 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any idea if it would be good for a sprinter width wise?
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Thu, 21 April 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm searching....
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=32888&rid=3118&S=c6e2ddd5cfac88434c7911e 0a8d2477b&pl_view=&start=0#msg_290214

summarised;
sprinter = 1410mm
rn41 hilux = 1410mm
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Thu, 21 April 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah this is probably best suited to TA22, RA23/8 Celica's. Older Corolla's also.

The AE86 has a wider track.
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would this fit a KE30 sedan? any idea
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like nearly all diff conversions, it would need changes to the mounts. But width wise it'd have to be close I imagine.
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok thanks, Im very interested, ill do a little research into it and see how I go.

Thanks.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool.. the diff is at Erina so you are welcome to check it out.
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just realised you were at Terrigal. Wish I knew yesterday, I was at Erina all yesterday with pretty much nothing to do. Where abouts at Erina is it?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its up on James Sea Drive, behind the Erina Highschool in the estate up there.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also he has a brand new LSD centre for it..
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any idea what he would want for the centre?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wanting around $500 for the centre.
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, ill see if I can get the money for that aswell. Im going broke, spending so much lately.

Is there an effective, but simple way of finding out if its the right size for a KE30?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure there would be some people on toymods who have converted KE corolla's to hilux rear ends. Might need to do some searching or ask in tech & conversion.

Also if you know what the track width is on your corolla would help.

Cheers
Joel
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok thanks mate Ill look into it. Posted it in the KE thread a little while ago, hopefully that will be sufficient. Sorry not exactly sure of the track width. Ill see what I can find.

Also, juyst noticed your sig with the AE86's, I don't see too many around the coast, but did you happen to bring one down to Woy Woy (Allcoast Radiators) to sort out a radiator for it.

Peachey
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah not many on the coast.. never been to woywoy with these ones though. or any radiator shop for that matter..

Cheers
Joel
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All good, just curious, my uncle works there and my Dad helps out when its extra busy, and they had one in the other day trying to sort out a radiator for it cause everything they could fit wasn't big enough and it kept overheating, sounded as though it had some big conversion, but they didn't know what sadly.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it fits, damn use the search boy
there is more than 1 ke30 on here with this diff
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for confirming that mate Smile
squeak
Regular

November 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinter width is 1290mm from face to face of housing.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
squeak wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 20:24

sprinter width is 1290mm from face to face of housing.

where did that info come from?
squeak
Regular

November 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
walked out to shed and put tape measure to housing and came up with this measurement.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 22 April 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting...
throws everything u ever heard out the window

ur not talking ke15 sprinter?
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Sat, 23 April 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 15:36

yes it fits, damn use the search boy
there is more than 1 ke30 on here with this diff

Yeah I realise there are tonnes of KE30's with Hilux diff's but what is the width they have to be to fit. Also what work was required to fit yours?

Thanks,
Peachey
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Sat, 23 April 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theyare hard to find and this is a good price for one
as for fitting one its easy, u will need a hilux rear uni
all u do is move the mounts on the diff and bolt it in
make new handbrake cables and get the tailshaft modded to suit
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Sat, 23 April 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay thanks heaps EMP-2TG.

Joel, when can I come have a look at it. I want the LSD centre aswell but I will have to see how I go borrowing some money for it. Got too much stuff I need at the moment.

Cheers,
Andrew
Regina
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Thu, 28 April 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boink
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Thu, 28 April 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peachy, have a chat to Regina here about having a look at it. He is the owner Smile
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Thu, 28 April 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are all hilux diffs 5 stud (early )or 6 stud (late) if i got this diff how would i keep the original stud pattern?
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 29 April 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from my understanding 5 stud is 2WD and 6 stud is 4WD
you local diff shop can change the stud pattern. not sure how much it'll cost. 200 maybe? it wouldn't be expensive
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 29 April 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel....

if the diff is still available, i want it. However due to a lack of car with a towball at the moment i might not be able to grab it for a week or two....

also i dont know what deal you have going with this other dude here, i just want the sucker for my RA28!!! You know its for a good home Wink
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 29 April 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just take it Witzl I cant be bothered anymore, might just try sell the car for whatever I can get and buy a basher later or something, so sick of being screwed around by everyone.

Oh yeah and Joel that goes for the LSD centre too.

Im just totally over cars all together right now.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Fri, 29 April 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude dont give up on it that easily!! Surely things cant be that bad to just fob the car off Sad

Im not trying to trim in here, was just seeing if the diff was still available as i could not discern whether a sale had been organised or finalised yet.....

If its more than that (or i have nothing to do with it)... then i hope it all gets sorted out and you continue to enjoy the love of a good KE30 Smile
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Sat, 30 April 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Witzl, it seems you and Rod have said you'll take it within an hour of each other. You are first in line though so yeah if you definately want it let me know.. If not it goes to Rod/Scrote.

Are you also interested in the LSD centre for it?

Peachey sorry to hear you having some dramas mate.

Cheers
Joel

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Sat, 30 April 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LSD centre i cannot afford.

Rod & Scrote can go play tallywackers!! Razz Rod already has one, and I dont!!!

I'll be in touch, might come and get some of those bits from my old celica at the same time as well.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Sat, 30 April 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would he post the lsd it to brisbane if i payed $500?
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Sat, 30 April 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah it wasnt this or you Witzl, its be getting to me a lot the last few monthes and I have had enough I have lost a tonne of money and been screwed around too many times I just cant be bothered anymore.
I might just look at selling the KE30, saving up a bit more and getting a Series 4 RX7 or something atleast its a bit newer and a little easier to maintain.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The famous 1370mm hilux G series diff & housing Sun, 01 May 2005 10:50 Go to previous message
I think the lowest he said he'd go would be $480 + postage which is around $60 for a diff as they heavy.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:rochestor 870cc
Next Topic:18rg custom water pump pulley for AIRCON
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:26:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090129375457764 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.