Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Fri, 22 April 2005 14:12 Go to next message
Well 13 months and a few days after buying it sight unseen the new toy has finally arrived Smile

She is a 1974 Toyota Crown Custom Wagon and is destined to be the next project vehicle once the trusty old TA22 is Finished (Yes I am actually going to finish it )

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Crowns/60-70%20Series/MS6x%20Wagons/Rods%201974%20MS63%20Wagon/As%20Delivered%20001.jpg

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Crowns/60-70%20Series/MS6x%20Wagons/Rods%201974%20MS63%20Wagon/As%20Delivered%20002.jpg

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Crowns/60-70%20Series/MS6x%20Wagons/Rods%201974%20MS63%20Wagon/As%20Delivered%20003.jpg

I Still haven't had a chance to have a good look over it but I drove it off the truck and will be getting stuck into it over the long weekend. By the end of next week it will most likely be sporting the complete front end off a series 1 MS65 I bought for parts (Which arrived on the same truck mind you... Good thingthe parents are away Wink ). Then its into storage for a while till the Celica is done.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 April 2005 14:14]

Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Fri, 22 April 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! Shocked
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Fri, 22 April 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diddnt turn out so bad for sight unseen mate
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Sat, 23 April 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod you have problems Laughing
looks different read ugly Confused
have fun
OldSchoolRolla
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Sun, 24 April 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good restorer......talking about crowns my dad use to have a 1968 or 69 crown ute.....i aint never seen another one of those anyone know of one??? if anyones interested ill scan a foto of it n post it....
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Sun, 24 April 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks good mate

I drove past on Friday night and saw it, will have to come and have a look in day light some time soonish

Old School Rolla

Yeah there a few 68 Crown Utes on these forums not to metion the two 68 and 70 model Crown Wagoins that Rod and I own.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Sun, 24 April 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice but i like the one CLG has better
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Sun, 24 April 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, c'mon - Crown love is good love!!!

Look forward to following it's progress Rod.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Sun, 24 April 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant,

Mate did I ever tell you why I fell in love with the 60 series crowns. I was in pickies and saw a poo brown sedan, After declaring it as one of the ugliest Cars I had ever seen I raced down to the office and tried to buy it Smile They wouldn't sell it to me of course but I eventually tracked down the red MS65 and then discovered the MS63 wagns and was on the hunt till I found this one. You just have to love the cars that are so ugly they are cool Smile

The MS53's on the other hand were used by the Toyota race team to tow the TA22's around, Hence why I also wanted one of them Smile

Progress on this will be slow but I'll keep everyone posted once I get stuck into it. In the mean time I am chasing the missing chrome piece from beside the drivers side rear bumperett and a spare set of tail lights so if anyone see's one around Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 24 April 2005 13:46]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Wed, 27 April 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No need to ask me what I think about this. Very Happy
1UZ FTE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Wed, 27 April 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The MS53's on the other hand were used by the Toyota race team to tow the TA22's around, Hence why I also wanted one of them

Best reson i have seen so far ,.. keep them comming Smile

Nah only joking Rod ,.. looks sweet, keen to hear how it all progresses
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Wed, 27 April 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, if anyone points out that my new wagon is fugly, can I point them to this thread? Laughing
At least yours has some curves though Rod.

And definitely some incentive to get the Celica finished Wink
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Wed, 27 April 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm very.... interesting. actually i dont think its a bad looking car at all. very unusual and ive never seen one before. how rare are these?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Thu, 28 April 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam,

This model wagon was never sold in Australia. I know where 2 others are in Australia but thats it. I'm sure there are a few still in hiding around the place tho.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Thu, 28 April 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seriously Rod, how many Crowns do you want outside the house these days.. I crack a smile everytime I drive by hehe

Rod owns the STREET y'all! Very Happy
SRacin
Regular

March 2004

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Thu, 28 April 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod, their is one at my local wreckers, email me a shopping list and i'll see whats left on it if ya want, for the taillights include the lense numbers so i can check next time im there.

las52nz@yahoo.co.nz

Logan

Trent-KE30
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Thu, 28 April 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey rod,
nice looking crown wagon,
how many crowns is that now lol

cheers trent
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Thu, 28 April 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u r one lucky man...
pr*duct
Regular

April 2005
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Thu, 28 April 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats so pimp.

The old crownie will be quite the cruiser when done.
Slam it and rim it!!
Are you gonna run somehting mean up front, or is it going to more just for looks??
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Thu, 28 April 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 23:45

After declaring it as one of the ugliest Cars I had ever seen

And then some Rod! Laughing

The ta22.....yes. This....... Confused

Whatever floats your boat. Should be good though, i look forward to seeing how this one ends up.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Thu, 28 April 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Logan,

You have mail Smile

Rob,

The neighbours do tend to call the council more often than I would like but the MS63 will be in storage soon and the Orange MS65 with no front end is being picked up in the not to distant future. That still drives BTW Smile The MS53 and MS123 are registered so nothing they can do about those Smile

Pr*duct,

The current plan is to fit a single turbo 2JZ-GTE and 6 speed but by the time I get around to it you never know ? Dumped with whitewalls is deffinatly on the cards tho.

Fat,

Being beaten by another car is one thing, but being beaten by an old and Ugly car really upsets people Wink And thats the plan ! Smile
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Thu, 28 April 2005 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but bro it is still VERY ugly. i would be like crap that thing is quick...then laugh cos it is so ugly anyway
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Thu, 28 April 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt know whether to laugh or cry being beaten by the '63....

Wow, it really does look a lot better than what it did in that Redcliffe garage (i think the garage brought it down a few notches Razz)..... knowing where the car came from really does make me chuckle, and my god was that old guy into his custom wagons! You would have been jealous of his green one rod Razz

How were the "stains of age" on the white one rod?? I saw that one and nearly keeled over in the thought that you were going to do it up!! (until you said it was the blue one you wanted)

Very Very nice Rodney. One of these days i think we need to invest in a car storage facility for our collective spare cars Razz
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Fri, 29 April 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 08:47

One of these days i think we need to invest in a car storage facility for our collective spare cars Razz

im working on this its one of my long term goals ill call u in 10yrs ok.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Fri, 29 April 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might have my cars on the road by then dude!!!

i mean leaving the '28 in the backyard is a little mean Sad I have to go out there and hug it every week just to make sure it still feels loved....
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Fri, 29 April 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I liken the MS63 to a bulldog. It's damn ugly but that just makes it cooler.

I can't wait to get a good look at the 63 and lend a hand playing with it once the 22 is on the road.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Fri, 29 April 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*hint* TA22 *hint* Laughing

comon rod... finish so we can play with the new one!!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Sat, 30 April 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sat, 30 April 2005 01:11

*hint* TA22 *hint* Laughing

comon rod... finish so we can play with the new one!!

I'm trying dude, Instead of having the MS53 Wagon repainted the diff is off being shortened, The Turbo is receiving some attention.. Rolling Eyes and the new injectors are on there way Smile

Now if someone would just buy my old (Unused 660cc) injectors I could get the turbo manifold ceramic coated !

Money sux.. But not having it sux even more !
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Sat, 30 April 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the problem there is Rod... that there are VER VERY few people who are going to use injectors that freaken big!!!

WEll ok maybe i will (and maybe bigger)... but right now i have even less money than you do!
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Tue, 26 July 2005 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rod, got an email bumping your celica thread but the thread ain't there. Did you delete it intentionally, given up on the celica and retiring to a life of crowns and lawn bowls? Wink

By the way, I agree, the 63 wagon is ugly but kinda cool. And it definitly needs to be slammed and sporting some whitewalls and hubcaps. Cool
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Tue, 26 July 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there Mate,

Long time no speak dude. Looking forward to catching up when you get back next month.

The Celica thread has been deleted from these forums I'm afraid.

The new Toymods forums are in testing now and the members rides section will be limited access to financial club members only. The Celica thread has been updated and moved over there now Smile

As for the MS63 wagon, It also tucked away in storage until I get the time, space and $$$$ to unleash it's uglyness on the general public Wink

lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
Re: Rods 1974 MS63 Crown Custom Wagon Fri, 25 November 2005 12:30 Go to previous message
heres a thought weld up the rear doors punch out the rear side windows fit steel plate in there instead drop it on some insanely huge rims as low as it is allowable for it still to move and finish with a crushed velvet interior and try that new ford purple it has a nice blue hue to it lol! well if i had that kinda dough id do it.......bloody trust fund!!!! by the time i get the cash theyll have all but rusted away
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[AE86] ae86drift's 1986 Sprinter Trueno GTV
Next Topic:THE EGG - in car race vid on page 2
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:30:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007627010345459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.