Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Mon, 25 April 2005 01:52 Go to next message
OK guys, round 2 is hitting Queensland Raceway on the weekend of 4th and 5th of June.

A convoy of around 3-6 drivers plus support is heading up from Melbourne for the event and would love to get some local info. About all we know is where the track is.

So any suggestions on somewhere cheap to stay CLOSE to the track, whether you can buy/have tyres fitted at the track and other local tips for us interstaters would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hen
  Send a private message to this user    
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Mon, 25 April 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't know about tyre situation, but place to stay would probably be ipswich bed and brekky. it's about 15 min from the track (but then again the track is out in the sticks). Might be closer places, but that's the best i can tell u. Should be a good day, like to meet up with a few people from interstate.

Crok.
banzai
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Mon, 25 April 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring lots of tyres, 1 set of tyres lasts about 3 or so laps!
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Mon, 25 April 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah..... If you drive a 700KW ute....

Yeah you could stay in ipswich but its in the sticks and theres not really anything interesting there. I'd recommend you stay closer to brisbane or even better the Gold Coast. Its only about an hour max to the track from either and the night lifes a lot more interesting. The tracks pretty easy to find but there are instructions on how to get there on the QR website
http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/

Tyre fitting is usually available for big events but bring extras anyway if needed.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Tue, 26 April 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe look for a place around rosewood or yamanto,
i did a bit of sluething for ye

City View Hotel
275 Brisbane St Ipswich
(07) 3281-4038

Coronation Hotel
254 Brisbane St Ipswich
(07) 3281-4360

Harp Of Erin Metropole Hotel
253 Brisbane St Ipswich
(07) 3281-1940

from brisbane street to champions raceway is 17km,

heres the maphttp://www.whereis.com/whereis/mapping/zoomDirecti on.do?mapIndex=44&brandId=1&level=5

between the hotel and thet track there is 3-4 servos, a medium sized shopping complex and multiple fast food outlets. the speed is 80-100 most of the way, maybe 10 mins max each way.

here is all the tyre shops in ipswich.

frank and jeff's discount tyres are only 500m away from those hotels, so that might be a good place to start

Bob Jane T-Marts
Brisbane St (Cnr Waghorn St) Ipswich
(07) 3812-1155

Boral Tyres
45 Huxham St Ipswich
(07) 3294-0178

Frank & Jeff Discount Tyres
23 Darling St Ipswich
(07) 3282-9755 {18k away}

Goodyear Auto Service Centres
Wharf St (Cnr Brisbane St) Ipswich
(07) 3281-1500
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Tue, 26 April 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats cool ill come say hi when you guys are here.
as for staying places. I say the closer to brisane city the better, QR is a bit out from every thing, if you want to do nothing except focus on drifting then stay some where near the track, because you will have nothing else to do, but if you want to see some night life some of the sights then choose gold coast or close to brisbane city. its about an hr tops from goldcoast and im sure some local people will show you the way.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Tue, 26 April 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will definately be going, what cars will u guys be bringing up, i wanna meet some more toymods ppl
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Wed, 27 April 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id stay the hell away from the swich.
stay in brissie/goldcoast somewhere
use a last minute motel reservation site like wotif or lastminute..
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Thu, 28 April 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last year some of us IDA people stayed at the Sundowner in Ipswich during Round 3 of the Drift Nats and we will NEVER EVER EVER stay there again Mad some of the guys showed their displeasure in a form of black lines that are probably still being cleaned off the courtyard Rolling Eyes
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sat, 30 April 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info everyone. I'd be leaning towards staying as close to the track as possible so its a shorter limp if anything breaks. Plus after two solid days driving up there, then two days drifting (hopefully) and fixing cars it'll probably only be two beers before I pass out, so night life may not be so important.

I'll be the tall guy in the stock looking bronze 4AC sprinter if anyone sees me round. My gearbox is rooted so the thing whines like nothing else though.

Hen
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sat, 30 April 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh great, i'll look out for the 4AC powered sprinter, wats your mate driving a black 180SX Rolling Eyes

every other spectator up here's in a sprinter, i have seen upto 25-30 sprinters at an event.

i'll be in the loud corona
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sat, 30 April 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is nuthin rong with stayin in ipswich. but i agree with mr dohc. brisbane street would be a good place to stay as there is lotsa tyre joints and the hotels are ok. i will probly be there, il be in a blue ta22 with soarer rims.

laterdays
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sat, 30 April 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring the rona, back me up Very Happy
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sat, 30 April 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer ok mayb but just remeber its only a 18rg so its nuthin special. does neone know wat it costs to be a spectator???

laters
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sat, 30 April 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what u mean just an 18RG Sad

normally $10 a day
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sat, 30 April 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly wat i said its just an 18rg nuthin special. my celica kills it everyday and its only got 85.1hp at the wheels (cause no one can tune it)

i was talkin to my mom and she seamed to think that the willobank caravan park would be a good close place to stay.

laters
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sun, 01 May 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be their if my mz or s13 finished
not sure which 1 to bring

just a few q's
can any1 enter? even if u only got a learners
how much to enter?

just thinkin about entering
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sun, 01 May 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 13:50

ill be their if my mz or s13 finished
not sure which 1 to bring

just a few q's
can any1 enter? even if u only got a learners
how much to enter?

just thinkin about entering

anyone can enter, try to get the car ready by the 21st may, they are having a practice day there,

Quote:

DriftZone Event Bookings:

Price: AU$100.00. (US$69.00 if paying by credit card)

Requirements:
- Current drivers license
- Car in safe condition
- Long sleeve shirt
- Covered shoes
- Approved crash helmet

MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sun, 01 May 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so on the 21st of may just roc up
wat time

how much does it cost for practice

Quote:

Requirements:
- Current drivers license

ive only got my learners
is that okay
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Sun, 01 May 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to my understanding the drift nats arn't run by driftzone. so some prices might be different last year entry fee for me was $20 unless the lady at the gate scamed me...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Mon, 02 May 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there spectating. Even if my rona is going, I don't think I will take it as I have heard some pretty bad stories about people damaging cars there. So I will play it safe.

Later
Chris
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Mon, 02 May 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at least bring it for the drive down Very Happy
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Wed, 04 May 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I will be there spectating. Even if my rona is going, I don't think I will take it as I have heard some pretty bad stories about people damaging cars there

park it on the hill and pitch your tent/chair/esky next to it...we can get a toymods corner happening Very Happy
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Wed, 04 May 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so guys if i only got my learners
i should be able 2 enter?

if so ill take my 7mgte auto soarer
ill enter
any1 else entering
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Wed, 04 May 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mx73 drifter, go to www.driftzone.com and ask there.

we need to have a section where all the toymods guys will be sitting, we can cheer all the toyotas on and boo the nissans Very Happy
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Wed, 04 May 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be drivin a soarer
i don't know if ill be able 2 drift
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Wed, 04 May 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 19:50

we need to have a section where all the toymods guys will be sitting, we can cheer all the toyotas on and boo the nissans Very Happy

hell yes, i think if we get in early enough should be able to grab some prime seats say after turn 2
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Wed, 04 May 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a question
if you are on your learners, you would be learning to drive. How can you possibly drift? I am thinking of when I was on my learners here and I was terrible. Smile
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Thu, 05 May 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

if you are on your learners, you would be learning to drive. How can you possibly drift? I am thinking of when I was on my learners here and I was terrible.

ive been driving since i was 14
mostly bush bashing, rallying or drags
im now nearly 17 so ive been driving for a few years
i just thought i would give it a shot

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Thu, 05 May 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aah, ok.

Well, I say give it a go then Smile
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Thu, 05 May 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, we need a good laugh

i reckon just after turn 2 as well, can anyone get some shade/tarps/tents
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Fri, 06 May 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

TOYO Drift Nationals Round 2
:: Click here to register for this event ::

Date Sunday, 5th June 2005
Location Queensland Raceway, Ipswich, QLD
Price Saturday $15, Sunday $25. Kids Under 12 Free.

Schedule:

Saturday 4th June

8.00am Scrutineering
9.50am Drivers Briefing
10.00am Track Opens
11.00am Gates open to public
1.00pm Practise concludes / Lunch
1.30pm Demonstration
2.00pm Qualifying
4.00pm Demonstration
4.30pm Team Drift Practise/Qualifying
5.00pm Track Closes

Sunday 5th June

8.00am Scrutineering
9.30am Drivers Briefing
9.45am Practise
11.00am Gates open to public
11.30am Team Drift Finals
12.00pm Demonstration
12.30pm Lunch
1.00pm Street Class Top 16
1.30pm TOYO Pro Class Top 16
2.00pm Demonstration
2.30pm Street Class Top 8
2.40pm TOYO Pro Class Top 8
3.00pm Street Class Top 4
3.15pm TOYO Pro Class Top 4
3.30pm Street Class Finals
3.45pm TOYO Pro Class Finals
4.05pm Presentations
4.20pm Demonstration
4.40pm TOYO Expression Session
5.15pm Track Closes

http://www.fulllock.com/dnats/images/qldmap.jpg
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Fri, 06 May 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have sum bad news (not that neone will care but i wanna say it)

my corona comes off the road on the 25th of this month so if i come it will be in the celica.(it will be the only blue ta22 with 15 inch soarer wheels, 4 inch cannon and a young tosser driving.

laterdays
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Thu, 26 May 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be able to make the sunday event.....it would be nice to get some other ta22's out there.

Cheers, crok. Mr DOHC, did you want to meet at maccas again like last time? won't have to stuff around with the stereo this time, so we can head straight out.

Cheers, crok.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Thu, 26 May 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well all's planned, we've got cheap accomodation in Ipswich where there are a few other drift teams staying too apparently. Probably going to be hitting the local RSL/bowls club/pub for dinner and drinking on Saturday and Sunday (depending of course on how qualifying goes).

So just look out for a bunch of sleep deprived Victorians.

Hen
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Thu, 26 May 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good mate. That is a decent trip. Are you driving or towing?

I will check that steering rack on saturday. *reminds myself*
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Thu, 26 May 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I gave in... I'm towing. I know it's not nearly as manly as driving my drift car 2000km to a meet, drifting all weekend and driving home, but you have to give in to reason eventually.

Got a convoy of 4+ cars on trailers coming up.

Hen

Check that steering rack... Do it... Do it
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Fri, 27 May 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there

what do u all say to sitting along the back straight, just to the right {as per the pic} of the dipper, since they will be coming the opposite way at the nats

http://www.fulllock.com/dnats/images/QLDcircuit.gif
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Tue, 31 May 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good to me, except it is a big walk to the pit area.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Tue, 31 May 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drive then
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Tue, 31 May 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alrighty then. All settle Smile
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Tue, 31 May 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am i able to get a lift with someone one on one day and i take them the next, my car uses $800 fuel a day out there
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Thu, 02 June 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm bringing my soarer up with a few freinds, one a silvia owner , it has a blown head gasket hehe. Should be a good day.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Thu, 02 June 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are we going to try and organise a meeting spot for all toymods people?
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Tue, 07 June 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 22:16

am i able to get a lift with someone one on one day and i take them the next, my car uses $800 fuel a day out there

you need a new car ! or your paying way to much for petrol
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift Nats Round 2 - 4/5 June QLD Raceway Wed, 08 June 2005 10:09 Go to previous message
no, i need a 5 speed, so my car isnt it its power band at 100k
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Queen's Birthday Cruise!!!!!
Next Topic:NEED LIFT TO DRIFTDAY SATURDAY
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:10:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076160430908203 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.