Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Enjo car wash mits ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Enjo car wash mits ? Sun, 01 May 2005 10:22 Go to next message
Who uses these and how do they work ??? Are they any good ?
  Send a private message to this user    
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Sun, 01 May 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i use one, so much easier than getting like a big bucket of bubbles Very Happy you just hose the car, put the mitt on and rub it all over (the car that is Razz ) and hose it off. done! Surprised
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Sun, 01 May 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it better than conventional wash with sponge ? and does it REALLY get rid of dirt ??

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Sun, 01 May 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 20:27

yeah, i use one, so much easier than getting like a big bucket of bubbles Very Happy you just hose the car, put the mitt on and rub it all over (the car that is Razz ) and hose it off. done! Surprised

and what about scratches when your wiping?, since theres still dirt on the car even after hosing off the car.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 10:33]

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Sun, 01 May 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 20:29

is it better than conventional wash with sponge ? and does it REALLY get rid of dirt ??

ah, dunno actually, havent tried a sponge recently, but when i found a ditch to go driving in ( Rolling Eyes ) and ended up with heaps of dirt in the rim gaps (stock ae82 twin cam rims), it worked fine at getting that out, with the help of a hose of course. and you dont have to refill them! Surprised

smt_007 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 20:32

and what about scratches when your wiping?, since theres still dirt on the car even after hosing off the car.

hmm, yeah, youd probably have to be kinda careful about that, not that ive had any problems so far

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 10:36]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Sun, 01 May 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would (am) worried that it will remove wax too, and so leave your car clean, but more unprotected than if you used a conventional soap/was + chamois combo
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Mon, 02 May 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used them for a bit but found the ol conventional way better.

brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Mon, 02 May 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i haven't ever used or seen one, just use sponge and bucket, pisses me off though when the water dries again it dries brown and dirty, even after washing Mad
duskwolf
Regular

April 2005

Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Mon, 02 May 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought i would throw in some arcane and pointless knowledge here.. picked this one up by listening to my olds (not something that happens often)... For prevention of window fogging (talking bout old cars that can't fix it themselves) give the window a wipe with detergant and then remove.. it stops it happening (buggered if i know why, but it works!)

And as far as water drying on your car and going all streaky and crap, for windows use some newspaper to wipe off the window once its dry.. it removes the streaky-ness from washing.. (freaky huh?)

Anyway.. thats all i got Razz personally.. as fasr as washing goes, do it the old school way, no point in trying to cut corners!
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Tue, 03 May 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meguires Microspun wash mit works for me! And a bucket of bubbles. Wink

Much better than a sponge IMO. Smile
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Tue, 03 May 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duskwolf wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 20:20

For prevention of window fogging (talking bout old cars that can't fix it themselves) give the window a wipe with detergant and then remove.. it stops it happening (buggered if i know why, but it works!)

I think it has something to do with scanging the surface chemisrty of the glass so that the fog wont stick to it. It also works well with glass doors on old fridges if you work in a bar ( insert winky emoticon here).

As for Enjo, the microfibres on the mit pick up dirt and trap it until it is washed out. If you are thinking about getting one, try a less expensive one first.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Wed, 04 May 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Miss MR2 wrote on Tue, 03 May 2005 17:44]
duskwolf wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 20:20

As for Enjo, the microfibres on the mit pick up dirt and trap it until it is washed out. If you are thinking about getting one, try a less expensive one first.

which one in particular ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Fri, 02 December 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any progress on this?

Does Enjo affect the wax?
Or does it just remove the dirt leaving the wax there.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Sat, 03 December 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meguires pwns all.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Sat, 03 December 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also it doesn't remove wax, you need a decent dishwashing detergent to remove wax of a paintjob.
wawa
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: Enjo car wash mits ? Sun, 04 December 2005 13:03 Go to previous message
I havnt heard about these mits but other enjo products cost more than honda parts.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Stupid or lucky?
Next Topic:Radiators
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:11:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073659420013428 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.