Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Western Australia » MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Tue, 03 May 2005 12:22 Go to next message
I'm toying with the idea of forming a team to compete in the next MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Series, to be run from July - December, 2005. I've previously had a team in this event and had a great deal of fun, and also learnt more than I ever could have hoped too, on the street.

Ideally, I'd like the entrants with a committment to attend more than once, so we can post some decent results, but beggers can't be choosers. Priority will be given to those who commit to more than a single event though, as I hate chasing people up to compete. The series usually runs six times over the six months and is half a day in duration.

Costs involved are (approximately):

CAMS Affiliated Car Club membership: Cheapest I know of is the Combined Car Club at $30/yr pro rata ($20 will cover you till the end of the year as of July 2005)
CAMS Licence: $50 (?) for a Level 2NS licence for 1 yr
Event Entry Fee: $70 per event

so for the sake of approx $100 for the event, you can cut sick as best you can, and learn a thing or two in the process.

I'm looking to compete in my GT4 Celicas, the 205 will prolly get a run in the first few events, with the 185 coming online once it's back together and producing the goods.

So, who else is SERIOUSLY interested?

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 06:58]

Send a private message to this user  
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Tue, 03 May 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Tue, 03 May 2005 20:22

So, who else is SERIOUSLY interested?

Oh you know I am....
If you're driving we're going to need all the help we can get.
Where do I sign?

Oh yeah I'll be driving the sprinna, and in for every event too.

Gabe
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 04 May 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know I am on your list as well.

Refer my avatar of course !

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2005 01:56]

setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 04 May 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds interesting.
I was going to 'get into trackwork' as soon as my car is finished Smile
no previous experience and stuff, just out to have some safe fun etc.

but the celi is not complete yet Sad

month or two(or 12? Razz) hopefully the engine will be completed.
then work on suspension, but not needed to go have fun Smile
silvi
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 04 May 2005 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in, ST185 and all.
you still owe me a spin in the 205 any way, payment for makin me thrash my car in the name of science. Very Happy

Cheers, MIKE.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2005 18:41]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Fri, 06 May 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehehe, i just bought a close ratio gearset too - whichever car it goes into will certainly be more fun now! I'm prepared to make some serious enquiries with the organiser of the event, can everyone who is interested contact me either on MSN, email ( limeglaze@hotmail.com ), or call 0403 733 054, and I'll get an idea of how many spots we have filled, we have to fill, and so on?

Last time I ran a team in this event we were also asked to supply a volunteer to assist with timing and general duties, if this is still the case, can I also have an expression of interest for these spots too (1 Volunteer per event). If you can't afford to compete, don't have a car, or are a little timid to push a car - this position is for you! I've volunteered several times, and must admit, I've learnt more about cornering technique, entry speed and driving style from watching than actually driving. Who's interested?

oh yeah, slow in fast out, is always faster than fast in slow out, too!
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Fri, 06 May 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey clint, yeah count me in for sure, every round no probs.

Be down there in the supra.

Hopefully have the emanage in and tuned by then aswell, car might handle just a touch better this time round than last time now i have the bilsteins in also.

On a side note some1 should buy my mini and bring that thing down also Laughing

Cheers
Matty
Drew86
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Fri, 06 May 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be interested i havnt done any track sorta things yet but i really want to do some
my car isnt that highly modded yet so i wont be too fast
Cheers

[Updated on: Fri, 06 May 2005 13:27]

gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Fri, 06 May 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wildsupra wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 17:01

On a side note some1 should buy my mini and bring that thing down also Laughing

If you dont sell it, you should bring it.
It will almost certainly be quicker than the Supra....

Gabe
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Fri, 06 May 2005 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROFLMAO!

Sorry, it was funny, ....

I'm pissed, what would I know, what would I care?!
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Sat, 07 May 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 01:15

I'm pissed, what would I know, what would I care?!

So i'm assuming my TEDs are now gone? Razz
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Tue, 10 May 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I've applied for a team position in the upcoming Winter Series, os it is underway. For those of you interested in competing, here is the checklist you will have to forfill:

SCRUTINEERING CHECKLIST
Car to be registered, roadworthy with no safety defects or fluid leaks
Seat belts and / or harnesses to be fitted
Battery to be securely fixed
All lose items to be removed from with-in vehicle
Tyres to be road legal – no slicks
Brakes to be efficient

DRIVERS CHECKLIST
Helmets are compulsory for ALL cars.
Long sleaves & pants are required
Fully enclosed footwear no sandals or thongs
Hat, sunscreen, drink, food, (soft drink and hotdogs will be available at the venue)
Sign the indemnity form on the day

Pretty simple really! So start saving your pennies and preping your car, hopefully we'll be running in July?!

Drew86
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Tue, 10 May 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you think it would be worth doin one for those friday afo tunning days before the events start just to get a feel for it
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Tue, 10 May 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, any seat time you can score will always help, even if only sorting out what tyre pressures to run?!
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Tue, 10 May 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 12:51

Surprised

Time to pull the ol' finger well and truly OUT....
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 11 May 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gabe wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 20:36

CLG wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 12:51

Surprised

Time to pull the ol' finger well and truly OUT....

Does that mean engineered?
Coz my car is registered, roadworthy, no safety defects or fluid leaks.
But its by no means legal....
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 11 May 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think you'll have a problem - their inspection basically runs to "is your car going to drop oil, and are your tyres going to last the event?"
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 11 May 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So about the same as the drags.
"Does the steering work, seatbelts work, brake work? Check, off you go"

But I plan to have it engineered soon anyway.
Then I can bend over for insurance. Shocked

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2005 02:48]

silvi
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Sun, 15 May 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Better than havin an accident and the innsurance boy bending you over and inserting your whole car coz its not engineered. Very Happy
adavy84
Regular

February 2003

Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Mon, 16 May 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey im currently doing the Summer seasion.

The checks that they do are:
1: Quick look at engine for oil leaks ect.
2: Secure battery (can be in boot)
3: Seat belt working
4: sometimes they push the brake peddal
5: Good approved helmet.

Then just need the Cams and club licence, long sleeve top and pants

VERY FUN STUFF!!
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Tue, 24 May 2005 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this thing run on the circuit around the complex or around the cones on the inside of the track? Also what sort of competition do u normaly face Evil or Very Mad

Adam
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 22 June 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the correspondance received, this team looks to be a goer. For those of you interested in running, start saving, looking at dates and getting organised. If you aren't already posted in this thread, please do so, as this will be my list source for further info.

Event dates are as follows:

July 10th, 2005
Aug 14th
Oct 9th
Nov 13th
Dec 11th

Priority will be given to those people who want to run more than one heat and who also pay in advance - so who's up?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 22 June 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll probably be looking at October at the earliest.

Can't see the funds building the car before then
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Mon, 04 July 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I've just been informed - without much notice I might add (or appreciate), that we have a position in the next series starting this Sunday, so who's in for a run?
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Mon, 04 July 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are you driving Clint?

I'm out for sure....no car as yet....
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Mon, 04 July 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not - lack of infomation from the event organiser has seen me wane on my build time for the two GT4's - I'll let the thread run for the next 24 hours, but given the short notice, I'd say it will fall in a heap, which will see me heading off to Max Action to compete over there!

[Updated on: Mon, 04 July 2005 13:15]

rxbenny
Regular

November 2004
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Mon, 04 July 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the Max Action and i'll c u there

Smile

Ben
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Tue, 05 July 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 05:14]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 06 July 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, this may yet rise from the ashes to be a goer?!!!

The MC Motorsport organisers have seen the error of their ways and relaxed their entry rules for this Sunday's event for us, I'm looking into fielding a half team, so we can continue to run in the upcoming heats and final?!

If you have an interest in competing in the MC Motorsport Motor Challenge, I'm now contacting all interested parties interested in competing in the series and particularly this Sunday. Let me know if you are interested in competing if I haven't contacted you already?!

Basically I'm trying to field a team for this Sunday afternoon, and also guage interest to continue running the team for the remaining four events until December - are you interested in either option? I really need to know ASAP - message me or reply promptly here - if I do commit, it means being able to ensure I can cover the cost of running the team. your cost for the event will be as cheap as $80 once you have all your required licences, or $100 for a single day use licence and entry fee.

I'll only confirm to the organiser my intetion to run if I can establish other people who can compete in the other heats and final - I'm not up for chasing people to compete like I have done previously. This means the success and enjoyment of this team is up to you! You need to let me know you are serious about competing and put your money where your mouth is. We are in the afternoon session, so if you are free for the dates above in the afternoon, and want to compete - I want to hear from you.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 06 July 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yay! C'mon, there must be some people, any people out there that want to have a run this sunday. At the moment its just a one man team, me Sad .. please help!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 06 July 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Provided we run both on Sunday and the following events - you won't be the only one there now Matt!!! I'm looking to fill in all the spare spaces in the sessions below:

Sunday July 10th - Afternoon Session
1: Matt C - AE86
2: Dom S - RA28
3: Wayne St - RA28
4: ???
Helper: Clint G

Sunday August 14th - Morning Session
1: Matt C - AE86
2: Clint G - ST205
3: ???
Helper: ???

Sunday October 9th - Afternoon Session
1: Clint G - ST205/ST185
2: Matt C - AE86

Sunday November 13th - Morning Session
1: Clint G - ST185
2: ???
Helper: Matt C

Sunday December 11th - FINAL - Session time TBA
1: Clint G - ST185
2: Matt C - AE86
Helper: ???

So wanna take a spot - let me know when and where, and I'll slot you in. Please be prepared to place a deposit on your spot too - this event costs the team $1400 to compete in - this cost is covered by your $70 per session entry fee, so you can understand I need to have commited people to run the team, not empty promises and late withdrawals!
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 06 July 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be down probably helping team rms in the morning session Smile

good to see a toymods team starting Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Wed, 06 July 2005 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good, you can say Hi to Tom if he's running for me?!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Thu, 07 July 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heading towards cancellation again, if I can't find people to fill the remaining spots - I'm not keen on scraping competitors together like I've had to do for Sunday, continuously.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Thu, 07 July 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
:'(

.. its happening .. its not happening .. its happening .. its not happening .. someone help Sad
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Fri, 08 July 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt-AE86 wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 17:48

:'(

.. its happening .. its not happening .. its happening .. its not happening .. someone help Sad

someone give me a car and i'll drive it Rolling Eyes
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: MC Motorsport Motor Challenge Team Fri, 08 July 2005 08:06 Go to previous message
Cancelled due to time frame restrictions, and lack of competitors.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:OST Cruise - 12 June 05
Next Topic:Targa West - Volunteer Officials Needed
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:23:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095832347869873 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.