Toymods » The Outhouse » If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 04:58 Go to next message
If you by a VL Commodore follow these tips:

Your VL is beast you need to learn how to control, here are some insiders tips.

1.Cut the springs full dont be shy! 11mm off ground, that's heaps!
2.fully sick interceptors with 2 mags on front wheels maaaayt!
3.shick subwoofa ( note: it's not loud unless the boot hinges are about to give way)
4.Get some fully fluffy assed dice from Uncle Charlie down at the Vic market,
he can hook you up with some real niiiice ones mayt!!
5.Install a custom built hair wax holder on the dash for those last minute touch ups before you turn off Chapel Street
6.Buy the lowest seat you can find so all people can see is your Kappa hat poking above the dash
7.fully shick stickers on the side door, showing the sponsors you couldn't afford ( Greddy, HKS etc etc )
8.put 144 on side window and state it does 11's
9.install a bottle of gold polish under the dash so you can quickly shine up those "chest-hair line indicators" before stepping out.
10.put a $30 turbo tip from Super-Cheap Auto on your exhaust so people think you can actually afford a real turbo
11.Slow all the way down to about 2 kph at least 20 feet prior to a speed hump, to ensure people understand your car is lower than it actually is, and seems like your chassis is detailed
12.Stare at people when you drive past as if you're about to fight them, then drive off with as much RPM as possible so they get "scared"
13.When you exit your car, look at the big scratch on the spoiler. You put your amp there when your arms got weak but pretend to forget that for a second, rub the scratch with ur thumb as if it would come off
14.When you rest your arm on the door, make sure you push outwards so your muscles look bigger.
15.Make sure you have a nice teenage girl in the passenger side who's "like, totally in love with you"
16.Never fix your neons, just constantly jiggle the wires until they go on.
17.Make sure youur turbo's bearing are shot so badly that u get 3000rpm of lag and need to pump the clutch to get the shick sound
18.Make sure you own a nokia, so you're bro's and hoes can call you and say, hey bro, lets go for a cruise in the VL turbo Leh!
19.Take your ride to "tint professor" so you get to drive the replacement car (excel) and FRASH it to da max
20.Never buy optimax because your bro said it's not good for turbos
21.Ask a bro for 2 bucks for fuel money coz you used your money up for a new turbo badge for yuour fake turbo
22.Moving your lisence plates to the side so you can get that extra 3 square cms air intake..
23.When you change the steering wheel moit, make sure you use the good boss kit so your fringes dont get stuck in the column
24.Write in ur calender that you'll need a new clutch every two months because you can't drive manual
25.Have a folder in your glove box to store all the canaries you cop every saturday night at chapel st coz ur seat is so low
26.Ask the copper to stick your canary on an angle in the perfect place on your window so the most people will see it at "chapz"
27.Keep a syphon tube in the boot incase you need to make a quick refill.
28.Nod your head to other "tilted hat people" as if you know them... they'll nod back if they are sick
29.Get your break lights tinted so they are only just visible at night.
30.Make sure u are sponsored by a Car Towing company, proving you are a real VL muzza on the burnout run saturday nights
31.Dont use brakes.. manual shift the auto like a sick [censored].... guy (heh)
32.Clean your lowerd seats before leaving Chapel so your ma doesnt find out you ate a souvlaki after her dinner.
33.State you got a permit from the EPA not to run a cat converter.
34.Tell everyone at the drags that you're running 32psi, and after the Cortina sucks your headlights out , say " oh my digital boost controller was stuck on 11psi "
35.Blu-tac your TURBO badge on to your boot so when you floor it, the badge will fly off and you can say, "Bro! See that my car is so f'n fast the turbo badge fell off"!
36.Always wash your car with the hood up on the nature strip
37.When out with mates, make sure your fat cousin and her boyfriend sit in the back so your car looks lower.
38When someone overtakes you in ur VL you have to reovertake them and just as u pass them you have to make sure the blow off valve sounds
39.When driving past chicks at o-zone, make sure you change gears at just the right time for the BOV to open up...
40.The correct cruising method is: 1 hand out window on the door, 1 hand on top of steering wheel, chin up, hat tickling gods feet, full shick diesel jeans and top

edit and note : i didn't write these myself, I got them sent to me... if there's something excessively offensive that I may not have noticed, i apologise and will remove it as soon as im notified.

Cheers Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2005 05:08]

Send a private message to this user    
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: If you by a VL Commodore follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ooold... and racist... and funny... Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: If you by a VL Commodore follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 15:02

Ooold... and racist... and funny... Razz

You're right, it is a bit racist Sad

Some of em are funny though, so I thought I'd send it along. I did search before I posted it.

So yeah once again if you want it deleted just say the word! Smile

Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2005 05:11]

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahhaha Laughing thats classic !!!!
racist pfft nah man leave it whe way it is
its goldddddddddddddddd
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is it with people these days?

Vl's are a car, same as sprinters, cressidas, celicas. just because they're common enough for people to do up, doesnt mean you should bag them.

your telling me every sprinter and celica out there is tastfully modded?

whatever.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tears........ Rolling Eyes
lol dood its a joke, u take stuff to seriously
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 15:32

what is it with people these days?

Vl's are a car, same as sprinters, cressidas, celicas. just because they're common enough for people to do up, doesnt mean you should bag them.

your telling me every sprinter and celica out there is tastfully modded?

whatever.

I'm not telling anyone anything, I didn't write this. Whether or not every sprinter and celica out there are tastefully modded is irrelevant...

This is still funny Smile

And how dare you refer to the VL commodore in the same vein as the cressida

*shakes fist at EldarO*
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what? a vl has wheels, and engine, 3.0 litre, like the 7M cressdias...

im not taking things too seriously, you can still joke about racism and be a racist.

the road to hell is paved with good intentions. to quote some harvard twat.

Besides, its just dumb because its been done before.

Eldar.O.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 16:10

what? a vl has wheels, and engine, 3.0 litre, like the 7M cressdias...

im not taking things too seriously, you can still joke about racism and be a racist.

the road to hell is paved with good intentions. to quote some harvard twat.

Besides, its just dumb because its been done before.

Eldar.O.

Fair enough! I don't wanna argue about it.

on that side note but... I'd rather this

(rvrolla... you lucky bastard!)
http://www.users.on.net/~danhall/Cressy/Resized.JPG

over this

http://www.carsonline.com.au/1986_VL_Commodore.jpg

any day of the week.

I know thats irrelevant... but you can't really say the two vehicles are in the same class Laughing

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I know thats irrelevant... but you can't really say the two vehicles are in the same class

They are both family trucksters (ie same class) Very Happy
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very funny Smile I bag vls as much as the next person but merudo, your opinions might change if you went for a short ride in my mates vl.
Modified 308
Supra 5spd
Dyna Clutch
around $3000 suspension package inc springs, shocks, sway bars, steering rack etc
Grp A rims
Grp A Scoop
Calais skirts.
Bob Tail.

A very tastefully modified car (I really need some pics). There is nothing "sick" or "fully" about it. Plain "tough" will do. And i guarantee it would flog your Soarer. (but it will never be as pimpin Smile ) I used to own a gz20 5spd and it was is no where near as quick as my mates vl.
prrrmeow
Regular

February 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's actually a site with all that kinda stuff on there- including that list...hehehe

"37.When out with mates, make sure your fat cousin and her boyfriend sit in the back so your car looks lower."...should try that one
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I dispute points 17 & 24. Most fully sick, hektik mo'fo wouldn't know how to drive a manual and they'd be fully sick in an auto.

Another point regarding cars "flogging" other cars. To me there's two types of flogging; namely performance flogging and style flogging.

I'm sure a fully modded (and possibly hektikly sick) VL would run rings around my car for pure speed and such performance. However, in looks and style, I reckon my car beats any VL... matter of fact, just about any car on the road. Sure I'm biased, but at the end of the day looks are important and a lot of cars look like shit or just plain "ho hum". I don't care how fast or modded they are, for looks and style they ain't in the same league as any 1st gen Celica or some of the RWD Corolla or the Corona Mk2 or the MA61.

seeyuzz
river
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend has a VL Calais, completely restored, painted XR6 Blue with silver highlights, rb25 head on an rb30 block, meaning a 3.0 litre twinky.

however ive seen very nice cressidas, and Glenns (TOYCSX) Camry is a very nice car. Tastful mods and a decent paint job will make any car look good.

by tasteful, i mean rims, tints, lowered and a sound system.

i dont see your point?

Eldar.O.

editron: speeling was fubar.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2005 08:02]

M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 16:45

Quote:

I know thats irrelevant... but you can't really say the two vehicles are in the same class

They are both family trucksters (ie same class) Very Happy

Yes they are in the same class but as for the owners thats a different matter again.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get off your high horse, there all cars. This shit should be closed.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing alot of those points apply to many people i know! vl's get payed out because of the type of people they attract. get over yourselves do-gooders, this shit is funny.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86DRFT wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 20:37

Laughing alot of those points apply to many people i know! vl's get payed out because of the type of people they attract. get over yourselves do-gooders, this shit is funny.

haha yeh wat is this a VL performance forum in disguise Razz
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 05 May 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fucking GOLD hahahaha!!! LMAO Laughing

nice find man!!
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Fri, 06 May 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEH! because we havn't seen anything like this before! I mean geez! Its so original nobody would have thought of it! God every time i read it i piss myself laughing! OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELEIVE I HAVN'T EVER READ ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE! ITS JUST SO NEW AND FRESH!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Fri, 06 May 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 11:54

YEH! because we havn't seen anything like this before! I mean geez! Its so original nobody would have thought of it! God every time i read it i piss myself laughing! OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELEIVE I HAVN'T EVER READ ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE! ITS JUST SO NEW AND FRESH!

Do i detect sarcasm? Wink Wink Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Fri, 06 May 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 17:49

Hi,

I dispute points 17 & 24. Most fully sick, hektik mo'fo wouldn't know how to drive a manual and they'd be fully sick in an auto.

seeyuzz
river

plus we all know that autos are faster for drag racing, and thats all that matters bro, i can go fast in da strate line, wats a corner
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Fri, 06 May 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 13:57

plus we all know that autos are faster for drag racing, and thats all that matters bro, i can go fast in da strate line, wats a corner

bahahaha Laughing

on a serious note, thats one of the better things about some parts of the old pac. highway... you dont have to speed to have fun, there's some awesome corners along there Smile
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Fri, 06 May 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
14 needs to be updated to include the seat being tilted back enough so your arm is infact on the rear window sill.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Fri, 06 May 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its funny cause it true.

as i started reading this i thought oh here we go.

then from ten on i started thinking. wait i saw someone doing that. lol. my friend is looking to buy one so he is getting this on email
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Sat, 07 May 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Every bogan in a VL that i've seen usually makes sure when he looks sideways, he looks out the back windows!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Sat, 07 May 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha absolute gold.
yes its old but still funny.
the whingers who can't take a joke are even funnier. must have hit a heart string.

there was another one floating around...you must be able to wind your windows with minimal shoulder movements so it looks like you have power windows.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Sat, 07 May 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 17:49

for looks and style they ain't in the same league as any 1st gen Celica or some of the RWD Corolla or the Corona Mk2 or the MA61.

Amen to that.

You forget one thing. You have to respray the car in canary yellow. So it matches the defect sticker you're about to get.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Sun, 08 May 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will this apply to 323's or lasers? what about excels Rolling Eyes with spinner hubcaps Shocked
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Mon, 09 May 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
::big smile::

you could say the same about quite a few different stereoyped drivers.
WRX
Fords (mostly the old shitbox xd/xf falcons)
+ a lot of random hatchback drivers (sorry to say it but toyotas are included in here)
honda drivers (i used to be one)
nissan drivers
etc.

all have their own stereotypes but the vl's are very obvious.

basically anyone who thinks they are too cool for school just because they bought some gear for their car falls in here..

and dont forget STEREOTYPES EXIST FOR A REASON.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Mon, 09 May 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what stereotypes exist for toyota drivers? other than random hatchbacks?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Mon, 09 May 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
camry drivers are all boring cardigan wearing old ppl that drive around in fridges for a living
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Mon, 09 May 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some funny shit
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Mon, 09 May 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supra drivers are compensating for something Razz

j/k i love em
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Mon, 09 May 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 20:55

camry drivers are all boring cardigan wearing old ppl that drive around in fridges for a living

and the camry drivers are all ***** that cant park, merge or accelerate..

***** = asians/indians (use either or both)
Razz

pr*duct
Regular

April 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Wed, 11 May 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys if every fully shlick teenager didnt want a VL as their first car, and didnt ALL want to do the same shit to them then there never would be that stereotype.
But there is now, and its not that everyone with a VL goes to cruise Chapel, but the ones that do ARE just tools.

I don't mind a tastefully modded VL as described way up there.. but the list at the top describes perfectly well the lengths that some go to to look stupid..

My old man drives a VL.. and he still pays out on them....

Let it ride
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Wed, 11 May 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pr*duct wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 12:42

Guys if every fully shlick teenager didnt want a VL as their first car, and didnt ALL want to do the same shit to them then there never would be that stereotype.

Does that mean i was abnormal for wanting a crown and getting a cressida as my first car?
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Wed, 11 May 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 20:20

what stereotypes exist for toyota drivers? other than random hatchbacks?

People who think they drive the best cars in the world.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Wed, 11 May 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt buy one if i didnt think it was the best Razz
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Thu, 12 May 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86DRFT wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 22:23

i wouldnt buy one if i didnt think it was the best Razz

thats the difference between fact and a stereotype.
Smile

we know we drive the best, but vl drivers are only mostly losers

Smile
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Sat, 14 May 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EnFlaMEd wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 16:58

Very funny Smile I bag vls as much as the next person but merudo, your opinions might change if you went for a short ride in my mates vl.
Modified 308
Supra 5spd
Dyna Clutch
around $3000 suspension package inc springs, shocks, sway bars, steering rack etc
Grp A rims
Grp A Scoop
Calais skirts.
Bob Tail.

A very tastefully modified car (I really need some pics). There is nothing "sick" or "fully" about it. Plain "tough" will do. And i guarantee it would flog your Soarer. (but it will never be as pimpin Smile ) I used to own a gz20 5spd and it was is no where near as quick as my mates vl.

the only "sick and fully" thing about it is that it has 1 toyota part in it the gearbox and this just sez that no one can live without toyota , nuf sed
cheers, Lloyd

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: If you buy a VL Commodore, follow these tips Sat, 14 May 2005 14:10 Go to previous message
EnFlaMEd wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 16:58

Modified 308
Supra 5spd
Dyna Clutch
Grp A rims
Grp A Scoop
Calais skirts.
Bob Tail.

A very tastefully modified car (I really need some pics).

WHO SAID I WAS BAGGING VL's?

I'm just copy-pasting jokes i saw on another forum... my opinion isnt neccessarily reflected 100% by this... but as people have already said, stereotypes exist for a reason... but we also know not every VL is a boganite or fully sick bro car, just like not every camry driver wears a cardigan, and not every celica driver is a hairdresser.

I'm sure his car is very nice and tastefully modded, it sounds very nice.

Quote:

There is nothing "sick" or "fully" about it. Plain "tough" will do. And i guarantee it would flog your Soarer. (but it will never be as pimpin Smile ) I used to own a gz20 5spd and it was is no where near as quick as my mates vl.

It does sound very tough!
What I'm curious about however, is why you would think I would care if it would flog my soarer....

Hell, a 1994 sprinter beat my soarer off the line and until i got into second gear, it was in front... auto makes it quite sluggish down low... plus i need to fix a few things (exhaust leak... belts as well etc... ) so it most definitely would whoop my GZ20 soarer.

I agree with the pimpin' remark but Wink

Did you enjoy your five-speed GZ20?

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2005 14:10]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GOT RICE?
Next Topic:so it IS possible to drift farm equipment
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 02:20:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099129676818848 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar