Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car'

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 16 June 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
troy would have been a bit young to remember you. i however remember you were just as crazy with your white corolla. you probably know Wes Hokin my brother he was kind of friends with tim lambert (he had the skylin that you did the burnout out the front of our house in). and yeh don+turbo= extremely scary.

Keep up the good work,

Calvin
  Send a private message to this user    
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 16 June 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
troy would have been a bit young to remember you. i however remember you were just as crazy with your white corolla. you probably know Wes Hokin my brother he was kind of friends with tim lambert (he had the skylin that you did the burnout out the front of our house in). and yeh don+turbo= extremely scary.

Keep up the good work,

Calvin
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 16 June 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha long time no see, yeh that skyline had some grouse memories, I still remember the day I got really pissed off at my dad and drove through the spur and Acheron Way 5 times in one day, I gave that car such a hounding that day. It has kind of inspired me to even consider getting one on a couple of occasions,

so what are you boys up to these days? I've just registered on the LAA website to have a look at what everyone's upto these days, can't find many from my old class though.

what cars are you driving etc?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 16 June 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Don wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 23:16

can't find many from my old class though.

Which class was that - I don't remember you actually going to any? Razz

Maybe it would be fitting for me to put a pic of ol' whitey up here as well? Just to show the world what Don did to my immaculate, one-owner Corolla!

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 14:50]

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 16 June 2005 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah what happened to the pizza delivery bus?
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 17 June 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Don wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 23:16

Haha long time no see, yeh that skyline had some grouse memories, I still remember the day I got really pissed off at my dad and drove through the spur and Acheron Way 5 times in one day, I gave that car such a hounding that day. It has kind of inspired me to even consider getting one on a couple of occasions,

so what are you boys up to these days? I've just registered on the LAA website to have a look at what everyone's upto these days, can't find many from my old class though.

what cars are you driving etc?

nah i am not driving i am oly in year 11. yeh that skyling got so thrashed. wes was tellin me that once they were at HJ's and they were fillipin off this big gang of blokes and then they went to take off and the tailshaft snapped Laughing they were a bit worried. Laughing Did you wreck sheehans corolla? Surprised
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 17 June 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well umm, I guess I should prolly take the blame for it, but essentially the engine didnt' like the treatment I was giving it and as such tried to escape;

in english that is...

travelling to church one morning, giving the rolla a bit of stick through some corners coming into wandin (taking shortcut from coldstream) when the cross-member came loose, as this is what the steering box is attached to, you can imagine what happened when I put my foot down mid corner to accellerate out of the corner and instead the "rocking" of the engine under acceleration, turned the steering box and put me into the bank, thankfully I only side-swiped, but unfortunately this was a coupla days before she ran outta rego so I think shin just gave up on her. (well to be honest shin was over whitey well b4 I did that but I think yes, I did actually become the last person to drive her)

but I still maintain that it wouldn't have happened (well at least not then) if the engine hadn't been trying to fall out onto the road lol

and yes shin, put some more photo's up here damnit 8<)
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 17 June 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which car was supposed to have snapped it's tailshaft?

I don't "recall" that ever happening, I did break whitey's diff a coupla weeks b4 she died though
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 17 June 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tim's skyline snapped the driveshaft
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 17 June 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim's pile of scrap munched a diff pinion - I've still got the innards of the old diff kicking around here somewhere.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 17 June 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL I used to live in Launching Place I think I know just the road you mean where Whitey died; comes out on Warburton Highway between Seville and Woori Yallock right?

You guys make me feel like I missed out going to Billanook in Yr7 after Croydon instead of LAA lol.
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 17 June 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol well I guess u did miss out, I doubt a billanook you'd have gotten away with coming to school in no shoes, pants 4XL shirt untucked, unshaven sign in at roll-mark, walk out the front gate, walk back into homeroom at 1:45 (roll-mark time again) then walk out front gate again, and actually not get called to the office,

man that was a crazy time in my life (have I really gotten any better though? I gotta ask that sometimes)
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 17 June 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooh and surprisingly, NO I've never done drugs hehehehehe

well not unless you call drifting a drug?
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 24 June 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well looks like me showing up has well and truly killed this thread lol,

since shin isn't posting updates anymore I'll post what i know,

essentially, ute is almost finished, a couple more hoses on the intercooler, some more wiring and an exhaust, if I'm not mistaken after that it's wrappable 8<)

looks like mr shin is going to get first honors though as I'm afraid I'm off to the US for 3 weeks, well maybe I'll see you all at the august practice night 8<)
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 24 June 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Been watching this thread closely, Mr Shin's story time is great.

Good to hear its nearly done, will make sure im out at calder for the debut.

Cheers
Shtock
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Wed, 29 June 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howdy all,

greetings from San Francisco, am currently typying this via internet on my hotel TV with a cordless keyboard, gotta love some things about USA!

We missed our connection to Alberquerque today coz the flight from Melbourne arrived late so United Airlines a put us up in a Hilton for the night free of charge and we'll fly out in the morning, it's currently 4:42am local time been asleep for a bit but my body-clock just wont let me sleep any more for now,

so just thought I'd drop u all a line, anything exciting to report back home?

anyway's,

Happy Drifting

Big Don
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 30 June 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha Good work Don, Enjoy the States.

Make them feel as dum as they are for me!

Jezza
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 30 June 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mate but that's a negative,

I'm afraid the peeps round ere aint got's da brains to go feelin stoopid now.

man I tell u, food here is SHITE, it's about as fake as any smiles you'll see over here, didn't have vegie pizza (at a pizza shop) the only option they had was an 18 inch, yep that's right 1.5 foot, pizza, the equivalent of a margherita, with 4 cheeses, damn even I've got a gut ache from 3 slices of that!!

they got some nice mustangs and camaro's driving around though, and i don't half mind some of the dodge ram trucks I've seen, best thing though was last time I was here a car yard in Brooklyn was selling a 2003 mustang gt for US$10k damn it was so tempting if I ever had the money (which wont happen lol 8<)

anyway finally found out that I've got Cable internet at the hotel I'm at for the moment, not sure if the resort I'm staying at has it in the room, we'll see, anyone heard from shin recently?

anyway cheers big don
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 03 July 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 19:07

Grega wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 06:59

ideal shaker = plastic rubbish bin cut in half (not the round ones the square type ones)

I was actually thinking of being slightly more upmarket, and buying a cheap mailbox from Bunnings/The Warehouse and chopping it in half...

And Boofis, don't worry, Don's mind hasn't improved at all since you saw him last... Then again, what do you remember about ME, hey?

Just grab a lid from one of the bins in the local Macca's car park.
Perfect Cool .

Edit: BTW, stealing is bad mmmmkay.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 July 2005 11:09]

Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 03 July 2005 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I hope that the ute is going to have more than the 2005 Rental Mitsubishi Galant I drove yesterday, damn i've not driven such a piece of SH!T3 in a long time, and I've been driving the EA a lot recently.

Front wheel drive (not that it really mattered I wouldn't have been confident in this car enough to slide it out) it had 12000 miles on the clock but still the suspension was as loose as the EA (which is non-existant after over 400KK's) I mean cruising along at about 50-60mph and hit a sudden rise and hollow in the road, the car will continue bouncing for the next 30 seconds!! Some-one had obvoiusly been bouncing off gutters with this thing before I got too it. The alignment was completely knackered, and it pulled a bit to the left, fuel economy was ok, I got about 7 hours driving from 3/4 tank of gas. Ooh well i guess it was better than walking.

cruising the free-way over here is more fun though coz most people sit between 80-90mph, unless there is a Cop in sight in which case they go back to the 75mph limit. Gas prices over here are good too, though the american's are all complaining coz it's reached $2.50 per Gallon, which correlates to Australian 70c per litre. Can't wait to come back in 2 years and have a go at a Mustang or Corvette 8<)

Anyway I'd betta head off, Amy's waiting for me so we can go play Golf 8<)

Cheers all.

p.s. will prolly look at something a little more upmarket than a macca's bin lid 8<)
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Wed, 06 July 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maccas bin lid sounds good to me.
We are talking serious air flow Shocked
just not sure how you are going to see around it Rolling Eyes
Have fun in the US Don and dont drool to much over those slabs of iron that go glug glug glug.
Oh thats right you like FORDs sorry Razz
MATT.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 07 July 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey
Sorry Shin I don't remember you Sad Is that your name? LOL! Michael, you went to Croydon! Hahahaha! Thats awesome. Were you there when Mr T was there? Good times lol! And Shin were you ever involved in any holden vs ford arguments?
Thanks
Troy
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 10 July 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey peoples

Yes, I'm still alive... I've been away on holiday for a couple of weeks myself. Hopefully will have this ute going nice and soon though, I'll try and have some more pics here in the next day or two. Oh, and some more stories to tell Cool
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 10 July 2005 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm back again,

can't figure out how to get my sister's Dial Up working, so I'm using her work computer.

last coupla days been good, first day back we got another rental car, this time of all things a mini-van lol. surprisingly had moer ballz than the galant!! it was a Chrysler Town & Country Touring (what a name) anyway had that for most of the day gave it back in return for a Mazda 3, while it doesn't have as much ballz, it is a much smaller car so it's still got a little bit of go.

Actually the mazda 3 is quite fun, I'm having a ball with the sequencial sports-shift and the frontwheel-drive through the twisties, a lot of the roads that Alicia (my sister) lives near are the same as Sheffield road in Montrose, up down, twisty and a bit bumpy, atleast it keeps you on your toes.

Drove up to Conneticut <sp> yesterday, didnt' have anything else to do so just took the map and headed north, drove for about 2 hours, trip meter showed about 125 miles (just over 200k) took the interstate, it's cool coz people over here sit around 10-20 miles over and the cops don't really care all that much. Hopefully I'll be headed back up to Conneticut later in the week coz there is a whole bit area full of roads like Sheffield rd 8<)

Oh yeh, when I find the time I'm gonna try come back over here for 2 months or so and get a job as a taxi-driver in Manhattan (CBD of NY) It's so much fun driving through the city here, EVERYONE drives like Shin and I! speed-limits are advisories only, changing lanes is for whenever you feel like it, if your nose is in-front of the other car you have right of way, basically everyone here is going somewhere in a hurry, no-one honks if you cut them off, it's every-day practice, honking is only for when you are passing some-one with maybe 6-inches either side of the car and your not sure they've seen you, that way they know your there and not to swerve. In short to drive over here you have to stay on your toe's and DAMN is it fun!!! NO GRANNY DRIVERS HERE!

Nice to hear that you are safely back in town Shin, look forward to hearing about your holiday. When did you arrive back?

Ooh Yeh, Matt, I do like the Fords, been drooling over a 2001 Mustang GT with 18in Alloys Silver, 20000miles, for 14,999 so nice!!

Anyway till next time stay safe all and happy drifting!!

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 11 July 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Don wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 05:30

Ooh Yeh, Matt, I do like the Fords, been drooling over a 2001 Mustang GT with 18in Alloys Silver, 20000miles, for 14,999 so nice!!

WTF that price just isn't fair Sad Anyone know if its possible to bring these cars back as a personal import the same way as from japan? cause thats just too cheap
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 11 July 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure it is... just never mind the import duty, other taxes, right hand drive conversion, and whatever else the clipboard holding labcoat wearing shiny arsed pen pushers suggest you need to cough up for...
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 12 July 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o yeah good point lol Sad would be awesome to be able to get big meaty cars like that over here for that price Sad
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 15 July 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh finally, FINALLY, after a day or so of swearing at the gods of ignition noise, I got it to start today. There's plenty that needs to be sorted, and some tuning to get it to run properly, but it's still the smoothest idling XF I've ever heard Laughing Sits on 600rpm, and for some odd reason, the whole car doesn't seem to be moving. Who'da thought it?

I even managed to get adventurous enough to back it out of the shed under its own steam. At this rate, I might even get to drive it in the next day or two - lovely, ey?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 17 July 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spent today lying on the wet ground nutting out the transmission wires (nothing I could find on the net was much help), and enjoying the various proctological complaints that it brings. Got to get the radiator changed a little bit again tomorrow morning, and I'll likely end up cheating and getting the exhaust shop to do the exhaust on this one as well. I connected the Toyota speed sensor to the Falcon speedo, and it doesn't actually seem to be that far out - I was expecting massive differences. One of those Jaycar speedo corrector kits is probably the easiest way to fix the issue.
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 19 July 2005 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I'm back in Oz.

Shin picked me up from the airport tuesday morning, then we headed around to his place where I heard for the first time the Ute "running" I must admit it was a real shock at first, I'm not trying to be funny here but the car didn't actually move a millimeter and the engine fired first crank, combined with the lack of exhaust so most of the sound was coming from the right hand side of the engine bay right next to the neighbours fence I had to ask myself if Shin had indeed started the ute or the neighbours suddenly got themselves a slightly beefy sounding car.

I was none-the less impressed, startled but impressed, it just wasn't a falcon sound (and yes I sort of enjoy the sound of a falcon 6 with 2.5in exhaust 8<)

So I am definately glad that I'm going to be getting a 3in exhaust because with the engine at idle I really couldn't tell from looking at the car that it was running.

Anyway, Shin drove it down to the servo to fill it up ($18 for a full tank) I miss gas, haven't had a car on gas since my Xr6, it's wonderful to fill a tank for less than ($20) I follow in the old boyz VR wagon, on the way there in an effort to make it on practically no fuel we pretty much coasted, on the way back Shin couldn't really take it above 4grand on the tacho coz he's still sorting out ignition etc, but even so, there was nothing I could do to the commodore that would entice it to even stay even with the ute, so shin slowly dissapeared into the distance despite my foot being buried into the firewall just behind the accelerator.

Seeing the Ute ride on the road is a bit of a laugh too, none of the falcon body-roll but it dips and tips with every indentation of the surface 8<) I've not actually ridden in it yet but I suspect it's going to be a bit of a hard ride 8<)

anyway this post is seeming long enough already, I guess I'll leave all the technical details to shin, I can't wait to pick it up from the exhaust place this arvo it should have a half decent note I'm hoping.

Cheers all and happy Drifting

Big Don
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 19 July 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats to the lads once again!

nice work people!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Wed, 20 July 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the major ignition breakdown is sorted, so with some more fiddling tomorrow should be able to get it running passably well, and start to fix up a few other loose ends. Then time to get it on the dyno to clean up ignition mapping and a few other things, and see what it puts out with those stocky turbos (which would be better suited to aerating a fish tank someplace else), give it to Don for a little while, and if he hasn't taken himself out into a solid masonry structure (brick/concrete wall, concrete power/light pole, Boral dump truck from the local quarry), and better yet, if he pays his bills, then it just might be time to put on a decent sized pump, fit a second exhaust, and see what it might be capable of.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Wed, 20 July 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics ????
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 21 July 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well unfortunately shin is the one with the camera so I can't really get much by way of pics up here,

exhaust is on, sounds frighteningly falconish Shocked the ignition problems seem to be sorted now shin's just playing around with a few minor changes to the wolf, he was fiddling around when I left to do some farming this arvo.

still haven't driven it yet though shin took me around the block once, it's definately a bit more of a stiff ride, though not uncomfortably so. hopefully it'll liven up a bit when the tuning is finished, it's alright once u get it on boost but down low it's a little depressing. Still I can't wait to take it to Calder or even just for a drive 8<)

Well I'll keep you all posted as I find out more, unfortunately Shin is off at tafe now so I can't find out how he went this arvo, but I'll ring him up and Harrass him tonight.

take care and happy wrapping
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 21 July 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift pics or vids!

NOW!! Laughing
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 21 July 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't have the still camera for the moment, buy will be getting some video ASAP. Managing to get things sorted out one at a time. The ignition issues are hopefully almost sorted, since playing with the trigger settings a bit more, base timing is a lot more sensible now. Going to borrow a better timing light tomorrow to finish sorting it out. It definately goes a lot better when the base timing isn't 20 degrees retarded... Tomorrow might just happen to bring some good times!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 21 July 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys are absolute legends.
I haven't laughed so hard in ages well done !!!
you should win awards for that shit !!!!

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 21 July 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 22:28

You guys
should win awards for that shit !!!!

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Well I'm gonna be gunning for the practice night podium if I end up being able to 8<)
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 21 July 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics....vids....pics...vids...! COME ON! I want to see this. Also, Don were you driving around the lilydale area in a white Falcon? lol. Looked like you and they were sideways in the wet LOL.
Thanks
Troy
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 21 July 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah I'm afraid not, unfortunately I'm not driving at the moment, seems my mum managed to kill the EA while I was in USA, so I'm just waiting for the ute, then the answer would probably be yes 8<)

have fun at school
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 22 July 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don mate,

I have the perfect car for you to buy!! Or your mum!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=75344&start=0&rid=5868&S=d751e17c094 7830f0b6535644dd1564b

Its me mums car..

Cheers

Jezza from the drift tyres!
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 22 July 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks nice, (ur mum's a doctor, lol, same here)

biggest problem is two fold, it's TOO nice, we need something for a farm car and would be a pity to use an SVO for that, also mum n dad are in a bit of a pinch atm, they just want a decent engine swap-over, though if I had my way I'd be rebuilding the XR6 engine properly from the ground up with bigger cams etc, but that's prolly a little outta budget atm 8<(

if however you hear of someone selling a decent falcon 4.0 six for a reasonable price please lemme know asap

don
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Fri, 22 July 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well we've found an ED motor at the wreckers they want $600 for it, so we'll be picking that up on monday,

we finally picked up a 3 core radiator for the ute as well, aparently the weak little fan with the "small" falcon isn't really going to stand up to my umm needs, and I must say, shin's finally put the front bumper back on and the car is looking SWEET!! I'll never be stupid enough to do it, mainly coz I know it's gonna get as scratched and trashed as the EA did up at the farm, but I'd almost love to paint the thing Cobalt Blue (EB-EF) blue.

I'm also thinking it needs a 3ft tall bull-bar, Sunroof and a coupla aerials, so spotties wouldn't go amiss too. but until i get all them, atleast it looks pretty phat as it is!!

Cheers and Happy wrapping all

BD
rollaboi
Regular

September 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sat, 23 July 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great story guys... hehehe
when r the vids n pics coming???
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 24 July 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I don't have the camera as I said, so I'm going to put some photo's up that I have on my computer, (not of the ute)

Here is the main reason I'll be taking the Ute up to the northern territory. This is me driving my XR6 at the Delimited Speed zone sign when I was 16.F:\WINNT\Profiles\fezik\Desktop\Amy's homework\Don's Pictures\Donald's photographs\DonInEBatDelimitsign01.2.jpg

just seeing if this works 8<)
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Sun, 24 July 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the last one worked so here's what we did just before we left NT, about 2 days later
F:\WINNT\Profiles\fezik\Desktop\Amy's homework\Don's Pictures\Donald's photographs\DonInEB225KphNT01.jpg
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 25 July 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll need to upload the pics before anyone can see them Smile

Try Imageshack
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 25 July 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, i'm feeling like a nice person today, i'll PM you my email addy so you can send them to me, and i'll upload them to some webspace.
lobby69
Regular

January 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 25 July 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hhaha this thing must be sweet!

cant wait to see some smokin drift action vids!
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 25 July 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boofis wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 19:45

Hey
LOL! Michael, you went to Croydon! Hahahaha! Thats awesome. Were you there when Mr T was there? Good times lol!
Troy

Lol, Mr T and the A-team? "Pity the fool, yo!" Yeah, I was in his Yr.5 class.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Mon, 25 July 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don: no need to be TOO thick, just send any pics you've got to me and I'll add them to my collection.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 26 July 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 22:42

Don: no need to be TOO thick

Beyond the normal thickness threshold!?!?

Nooooooooo!
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 26 July 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well no-one has ever complained to me about thickness before
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 26 July 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 22:42

Don: no need to be TOO thick, just send any pics you've got to me and I'll add them to my collection.

ahahahhahahhahahahha im sorry don
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 26 July 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
September_Squall wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 15:32

boofis wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 19:45

Hey
LOL! Michael, you went to Croydon! Hahahaha! Thats awesome. Were you there when Mr T was there? Good times lol!
Troy

Lol, Mr T and the A-team? "Pity the fool, yo!" Yeah, I was in his Yr.5 class.

Lol, rockin! Now give us pictures! And drive down to lilydale so we can see it Very Happy!
Thanks
Troy
Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 26 July 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still no pics but we'll get em soon 8<)

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 10:46]

Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Tue, 26 July 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 10:51]

Big Don
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 28 July 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm just curious, who would have interest in a celebration cruise once the ute is finished?

Not saying it's a definate but I'm curious as to who would be interested in coming.

I especially wouldn't mind seeing what a "modded" 1JZ goes like, i.e. Single Turbo running 15-20pounds of boost Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 04:00]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 28 July 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm Big Don, I never got those pics.

I'll see if they got caught in the spam filter.
Sp33dY
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Ozzie Drift - or - 'you can't put a bloody Jap motor in a REAL car' Thu, 28 July 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
This MIGHT be a long shot .... but is this the same BIG DON, that once let someone do a massive Skid in a T18 in his chicken shed? If so ... long time no see Razz
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My RO11LR
Next Topic:My White Lightning
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:38:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012077808380127 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.