Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
go kart Sun, 08 May 2005 10:13 Go to next message
sorry guys wasnt sure if this go in here or in the out house think it should be in the outhouse ut meh....

ah ne way....
one of my old mans mates offered to sell his go karts to use...

not sure on he go klarts was told but need to get it all written down.

comes with a massive race setup go kart trailer
3 go karts fully working - including 1 long kart for tall ppl like me.
almost enough spairs to make another 3 karts.
2 motors have been rebuilt in the last 12months n work fine.

he's asking 5k is this a great price?
ill find out wat carts they r.... dads kinda thinkn bout it more because the karts r bout 8years old or so.. but r fully working and were still being raced up untill about end of last year.. and werevery successfull..

dads just not sure if he should buy em or not i reckon he should for that price.. because normally u need 10k just to get a brand new kart with helmet trailor the lot.. all the stuff needed to get started.

cheers
-jeff
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: go kart Sun, 08 May 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you want with 3 karts? and 8 years old, you wont be competeting with anyone unless you plan to take it to fastlane in minto or something.
you dont need 10k for a new kart and gear. go out and get a second hand AX7 or the like with a clubman engine, a box trailer, and buy the gear seperately. i wouldnt buy an 8yo kart unless it was to bash around the back yard.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: go kart Mon, 09 May 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im not sure on the age but yeah motors r up to date everything is in shiny order n runs well....

but yah... its more or less to race in a club rather than comps yeah... dad wants to get them so he stops me older bro turning his car into a racer.... so yeah

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: go kart Mon, 09 May 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The thing about getting lots of spares with karts, is they're usually half-worn out stuff that's been pulled off the karts, to be replaced by new stuff. have a good-old look to see what you're getting! Kart chassis' tend to "go off" after 2-3 years of normal use, which is made worse by the continual small gains made by each new model that the manufacturers release.

What I'm saying is, you won't be competetive unless you join a small, less-serious club where everyone else has year-old tyres and ancient karts too.

I drove my guts out, on 3-6 month old tyres at a city club, where dudes spent seriously, to keep their ego's floating, and top Five was best I could do, usually top 10 (in 12->25 Kart fields). Now I'm at a country club - people are just as nice, but they are similarly tight-arsed, and I'm competitive all the time in Heavy with a 3-4 Year old Arrow AX-6, wearing 18 month old tyres!!!!!

I even dusted off my old '95 PCR kart to run in lights (I'm 7kg overweight) and I almost keep up with the leaders in that old hack!!

Hope that gives you some kind of picture of what machinery does to help one's competitiveness. Smile
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: go kart Mon, 09 May 2005 07:00 Go to previous message
yeah this guys idea of spare parts is prob half worn tyres, broken seats etc. most people's idea of spares (and the type of spares you should carry) include various ratio sprockets, spare chains, fuel lines etc. tyres generally will last you a couple of meetings and cost $200 a set, but for tracks like oran park which wears the left front you just swap thew fronts around to preserve the tyres.
if i were you id be looking at a second hand kart, get a better quality one that will carry you for a while (such as an AX7 like mentioned) with a fresh engine, this will set you back around $3000 - $3500 maybe with a trolley and some minor spares. spend about $1500 on helmet, suite etc and some spares and you are ready to go for around the $5k mark.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My car i need ideas... help me
Next Topic:MKIII Supra Tailights
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 11:25:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040030479431152 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.