Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Adios y muchas gracias Tue, 10 May 2005 08:41 Go to next message
G'day All,

Well it's a little over a week until I head off to Spain and I just thought I should mention how much I have enjoyed being part of Toymods, both as a member of the club and of the forum.

Thankyou to everyone both within toymods and others for a really enjoyable few years. I have met some great friends and had a lot of fun.

I especially want to thank the committee members for their efforts organising cruises, social events and all the administration that is required to maintain the club.

Some highlites for me have been.

- Meeting many good friends
- Owning another celica - well it had to be said
- Owning a celica with a little bit of power Razz
- Toyota Nationals and other social holidays
- Many cruises - and not damaging the celica on them.... Rolling Eyes
- The monthly meetings - and Pizzas
- Social gatherings
- willing mechanical/electrical assistants Very Happy
- Did I mention owning a fast celica
- Drag Racing a fast celica
- Track Racing the celica - well mixed emotions there Embarassed
- and once again meeting great people.

Thanks all and keep up the great work, cos I plan on another toyota when I get back. Well at least a toyota engine anyway Razz

Anthony
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Tue, 10 May 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you make it sound like your going for good. are you?
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Tue, 10 May 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 years in Spain then 1-4 years in Brisbane depending on how long it takes me to get sick of queenslanders
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Tue, 10 May 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah queenslands tops xcept for the queenslanders Smile
goodluck mate.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Adios y muchas gracias Tue, 10 May 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 18:57

3 years in Spain then 1-4 years in Brisbane depending on how long it takes me to get sick of queenslanders

This could be fun Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Tue, 10 May 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gonna miss ya Anthony! (or was that your car?)

*shrugs* all the same Razz nah, have an awesome time, stay safe and say "hi" to all the loyal toyota enthusiasts in Spain! (are there any??)
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Tue, 10 May 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll be missed Tony.
Best wishes to your family. Safe travelling.

Hope you're used to driving FWD, coz there ain't much option over there. Mind you, Bimmers & Mercs are a lot cheaper than here.

You have to change your sig now, seeing as I know where your car went & I know the new owner will treat as well as you did (So Rob it won't be that missed Wink )
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Tue, 10 May 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if I have to lower my standards to a merc then so be it. I have sworn never to own another fwd car again.

Oh and the signature has changed and yes the car has gone to a good home. Although it did concern me when they picked it up on a rainy day. I hope the trip home was uneventfull.
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Wed, 11 May 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the best Anthony

Dont worry your car is still alive and going well. I love it,ive only driven the corolla once since i picked it up Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Wed, 11 May 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surprised i didnt realise you ended up buying it. will we see it on monday?
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Wed, 11 May 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah theres a pretty good chance Razz
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Wed, 11 May 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I did. So tell me, have you managed to "explore the envelope" of the celica yet? Evil or Very Mad

Oh and I will email you the details for thoes bearings too.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Adios y muchas gracias Thu, 12 May 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah best wishes to you and your family Tony. Will be different not having you guys around.

I glad the car ended up where I was hoping it would and we will still see it as well as watiching it get possibly upgraded.

Stay in touch I tell you I will head over to spain.

Safe Travelling Mate.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Thu, 12 May 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad to see you go Tony.

Enjoy yourself and try not to fall in love with SEAT's Laughing .
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Adios y muchas gracias Thu, 12 May 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all the best Tony.
And hope you & the family stay safe, hope to see you around when you get back to OZ.
PS.you should still have access from Spain.so keep posting.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Thu, 12 May 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the warm wishes fellas.

I will definitely keep in touch and on the forums and there is no fear of falling in love with Seats Josh, no fear at all. Although I am contemplating a Porsche turbo, I hear they use them as Taxis over there. Laughing

I will see you guys on Monday night for one more round of Georges Pizza.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Sat, 14 May 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the computer gets packed up today so this is my last post for a while. The removalists arrive on Tuesday to take my world away and I don't know when it all arrives in Madrid for me.

At this stage it looks like I will be at the meeting tomorrow night, so I will see a lot of people then. Otherwise I will be back in August, so I catch-up might be on the cards then.

Adios Amigos

Anthony
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Adios y muchas gracias Sun, 15 May 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate, thanks for being a mate over the last few years and helping me out, take care and god bless mate

craig

edit: still cant spell

[Updated on: Sun, 15 May 2005 07:50]

Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Adios y muchas gracias Sun, 15 May 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was nice meeting you the few times I did Anthony. Good luck in Spain.

Cheers, Greg.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Mon, 16 May 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, definately good to meet you in person, on my last trip over there, best of luck for the next installment of your life overseas!
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Thu, 19 May 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I didn't get to the meeting to see you off like I really wanted to. (New job stuff) But I wish all the best for you and yours on your little adventure O/S.

Thanks for being a mate, pushing me in the direction of 1G goodness and generally confusing me when it comes to suspenion setup theory.

Sorry things didn't come off the way I would have liked with the Celica, however I will be picking up a 1G powered Toyota on the weekend, so I can keep telling you how much fun I'm having. Evil or Very Mad

Be good to see you back in OZ at some stage.

Cheers
Simon.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Tue, 14 June 2005 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I did actually make it to Spain and I finally managed to get some sort of internet access, so I decided to report in and say G'day.

Thanks for the warm wishes all, twas great to meet so many good people in the club. We appreciate your warm wishes and prayers.

Spain is interesting. The arrival was a shock, we picked up the hire car at the airport, realising that none of the maps that we had detailed the airport, nore the hotel we were trying to find. On top of that driving in spain is something to behold. Cars all over the place So day 1 was a stressfull experience.

Now that we have been here a few weeks though, we are settling into the Madrid groove. Beers are 1.73euros for a 6 pack (about $2.80Aus) and you can get a 1 liter tetra pack of red wine for 39centimos (65c Aus) Suffice to say, we have started an alcohol addiction.

The people here are great, although I seem to meet more french people than spanish. The Language is a bit of an issue but we manage to combine some spanish, english and sign language and get by. Fortunately for me most people at work speak english a lot better than my spanish.

The car situation here looks bleak, I am astounded how the europeans can manufacture the most beautiful cars in the world and the ugliest. Very few older cars on the road, so I may have to look hard for something that fits my style.

Will report back soon

Anthony
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Wed, 15 June 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

gold28 wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 06:35

I seem to meet more french people than spanish. Anthony

That's unfortunate, though it's probably the reason why they sell such cheap wine. After a tetrapack or four even the frenchies may seem like normal people.

seeyuzz
river
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Adios y muchas gracias Tue, 21 June 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure you get up to San Sebastian, one of my favourite places in the world. I can't remember if it has the most pubs per square meter in spain, or the world. Either way, it's a top place!

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you more when you were here, I'm a toymods hermit Smiley =. But I'm sure I'll still be here when you get back Smiley =. Hope your spanish stay is enjoyable!
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Sat, 25 June 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well there is a glimmer of hope for the car enthusiast in Madrid.

I was looking for a car and what should pop up but this.

For SALE. I want it....

Genuine black RA28GT.

Now to find the 9000euro (about 15000AUD) asking price.

Might have to find this museum anyway and take a peak....

Adios Amigos
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Adios y muchas gracias Sun, 26 June 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am I wrong or dose that say it's diesel?
Forgive my ignorance.
Quote:

Marca: TOYOTA CELICA LIFTBACK 1ªSERIE
Modelo:
Combustible: Diesel
Color:
Kilómetros: A consultar
Garantía: No disponible
Color Interior: Año: Matriculación: -
Precio: 9.000,00 ¤

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Sun, 26 June 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could be, most cars in europe are diesel.
thats a mighty fine looking car, even if it is a bit expensive.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Sun, 26 June 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice... Nice... Except...

1. It's an ST Celica.

2. It's a TA28.

3. No 1G. (that being said chasing a crossmember would be easy.)

It does however have (jdm) GT door trims which is interesting. Over in europe they came in ST's and GT's only.

There should be GT's available there (or england) and france has a TA28 GT which would be as rare as rocking horse doo doo.

Look around you might find some rare examples. England seems to have alot of GT's so try there (my geograpical expertice fails me as everything outside australia seems to be next to each other so I don't know how far away england is.)
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Sun, 26 June 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it does say diesel, but I think thats because the proforma has diesel as the preselected entry. I was also looking at a MA70 that showed diesel too.

Yeah I think your right simon, it does say 1.6 ST, I just got excited seeing the GT badge on the grill. Sweet looking cat though.

By the way Simon, hows the corolla going. From the photos it looks like a nice car. It should go well too given the weight advantage it had over the celica. Is it running standard boost?

I was thinking of getting a MA70, but fuel here is about 1.10euros a litre (about 1.80AUD) and the car park in my apartment block is better suited to a Smart42 than a big car like a supra. I am now thinking of something European... Something like a Renault 5 turbo....
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Wed, 06 July 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate, so to hear u've gone..
but ive found plenty of pics of nice celicas over in spain... n some very wrong ones too.. there out there just have to search.
remember finding a celica for sale in spain it was rust on rust... kick it n the car would fall over.. even the engine was rust.. n it was a real gt too! ne who all the best in finding a new toyota machine or maybe a not so toyota machine.
good luck in the future mate hope to hear bout your cars and hopefully see u back hear with another beast.
cheers
-jeff
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Wed, 06 July 2005 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate,

It seems like anything over here that is more than 5 years old is considered "old" so close on 30 is well into the "classic" market. I will keep an eye out for something fun but in the mean time, the wife had laid down the law and demanded a few creature comforts and her idea of comfortable does not include crazy power and a harsh ride. It seems that the differences between man and woman are more than skin deep.

On the brighter side, there is a lot of MA70's here going for reasonable prices. I am kinda leaning towards a black turbo targa for sale in Barcelona.... I wonder if it will still be for sale when my residency gets finalised.
CELICA1600GT
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Adios y muchas gracias Mon, 08 August 2005 02:17 Go to previous message
Hi gold28,

If you want to find celicas TA-22 ó TA-23 put in contact with me. In Spain this models of Celicas was never commercialized only sold in "Canary Islans" Canarias where I live.
Here we are a group of friends that have this Celicas and Truenos.
gecar-slot@telefonica.net

cheers,
Gerardo
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:New forum?
Next Topic:Permission denied?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:40:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084950923919678 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar