Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Boost Gauge in Soarer's Fri, 22 November 2002 02:14 Go to next message
Hi all soarer owners, (those who are soarerless are unfortunate... but welcome to comment)

I'm about to install a boost controller and thought it a wise move to have a boost gauge first so I don't kill my precious 1J.

Of those of you who have a boost gauge can you please tell me

A) What type of gauge you have.

B) Where have you mounted it.

C) Does it look out of place.

I want this thing to be as descrete as possible and to match the asthetics of the car

Your thoughts and experiences would be greatly apreciated.

If anyone could go to the trouble of taking/posting a photo that would be even better.

Thanks,
  Send a private message to this user    
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: Boost Gauge in Soarer's Fri, 22 November 2002 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been looking for a guage for ages. Been trying to look for a digital looking one, so it matches the dash. A girl i know has one in hers (even though its a NA 3 litre!!) and it kinda looks out of place compared to the dash.

I was considering getting the AVCr boost controller for the guage that has. I've also looked at the HKS CAMP system (way too much $$$$), the Defi HUD guage, and another that im not sure of the brand, but it was just plain LED numbers. I really liked the HKS one but like I said way too much $$$.

Im interested to see what other people have too!
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Boost Gauge in Soarer's Fri, 22 November 2002 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly what I was thinking..... I actually typed all that up in my oringinal post, thought it was too long and deleted it.

But yeah, i had a feeling an anologue gauge would look funny amoungst all the digital goodness.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Boost Gauge in Soarer's Fri, 22 November 2002 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend has an apexi electric gauge in his pounted on the apiller. it is quite high though so it doesn't clash with the digitals. you could always get a digital boost controller but once again big $$$
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Boost Gauge in Soarer's Fri, 22 November 2002 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a thought but have a look at the blitz dual turbo timer.
It has a boost gauge built in and is digital.
Comes in 2 colours too. Silver and black.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Boost Gauge in Soarer's Sat, 23 November 2002 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an AutoMeter analogue gauge in mine (black to match interior). It's placed right near the odometer control buttons on the left of the dash. Most of the time I hardly notice it's there, but being analogue, it is different to the rest of the car.
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Boost Gauge in Soarer's Mon, 25 November 2002 22:18 Go to previous message
No one else has any ideas on this?

Would anyone be able to take a photo and post it..... would really appreciate it!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EFI conversion on 18RGU- what dizzy?What ignitor? what injectors?
Next Topic:wirinig diagram 3sgte
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Oct 6 07:24:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090920925140381 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.