Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » Smashed's ST162 Garage Cleanup Sale!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Smashed's ST162 Garage Cleanup Sale! Wed, 11 May 2005 03:28 Go to next message
3S-GE (dismantled) - SOLD!
Includes block, complete head, manifolds, injectors, alternator, sump etc. Died of blown big end bearings, top end looks to be in good condition. Good for someone who wants to learn more about engines and getting some hands-on experience.

3S-GE + gearbox (complete) - SOLD!
Motor was running well before I removed it (I have a video of it just before I pulled it out if you're interested). 210 000k's on the clock. Will possibly need new HG and oil rings. Has 4000k old timing belt and waterpump, recently replaced clutch, new oil gaskets etc. Gearbox was shifting smoothly. Also includes all accessories, ECU, most sensors, airbox, starter etc. Will separate if no interest is shown.

EDIT: There's a link to a dyno graph produced by this motor in my sig - was from the Technik Tuning dyno day about 6 months ago.

S-53 Gearbox - SOLD!
Not sure what condition its in as I never used it, was told its in good working order tho.

Denso Platinum Spark plugs for Gen I x 4 - $35
Paid $13 ea for these from Toyota, used for less than 100k's. Sell for $9 ea. These are the recommended spark plugs for the Gen I motor, they burn hotter than regular plugs and last up to 80 000k's.

K&N Panel filter - SOLD

Thermostat - SOLD
Genuine Toyota item, barely used. Will test for you.

I've got lots more bits and pieces which I need to move, will add them later.

Make an offer, I just want this stuff gone and need the cash to finish off my conversion! Will arrange shipping if someone explains how (never done it before). Can post pics if required.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 13:55]

Send a private message to this user    
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Wed, 11 May 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was just thinking about it, If you buy the complete engine and gearbox I'll throw in the dismantled engine for free. That way there should be enough spares there to get one good motor.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Thu, 12 May 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The loose gearbox has been shotgunned for a uni project! Smile Buyer still not 100% tho.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Tue, 17 May 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Panel filter sold! Nobody wants any of this gear? I just want it gone so that we can use the garage again, will consider any offer. Rolling Eyes

Edit: I will separate parts off the complete engine.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 01:05]

doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Tue, 17 May 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is $120 ok to start things?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Wed, 18 May 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man, thats a good start.

Also, I may be able to provide transport if the buyer is local.

The complete engine now includes the A/C compressor.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Wed, 18 May 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool, Im in geelong, so it should be easy to transport, if i win that is.
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Wed, 18 May 2005 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
argh.. would luv the 3S-GE.. my FE just dont cut it Razz
but sending it to perth... prolli not worth it ey
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Tue, 24 May 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, shipping to perth wouldn't be cheap. I'd find out what they're worth over there first

Doobs, check your PM. Very Happy
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Wed, 25 May 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$500 for the engine to tas? Razz

Whats the condition like of the head on the parts motor? (straight etc?)

whats the crank pulley condition like?

-Chris
RS1600
Regular

June 2004
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Sun, 29 May 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Sun, 29 May 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just for the record i will be picking the engines up on weds
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 3S-GE Gen I x 2, S53 gearboxes and other ST162 bits. Wed, 01 June 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys, forgot to update this. Doobs picked up the two motors on wednesday! (How'd you get em out of the Bronco btw? Very Happy)

The thermostat is also gone, but the rest is still up. I found a pallet of hoarded parts when I was digging up the dismantled engine bits! Took a quick look and found;
- 2 x complete headlight assemblies,
- door control and headlight retractor control modules,
- centre and drivers side dash panels,
- 2 x front struts,
- 4 x pedders heavy duty springs (bit tired by the looks of em),
- 3 x front strut tops / bearing caps,
- drivers side door map pocket, handle and lock trim.
- drivers side power window regulator
but wait there's still more! I just havn't dug deep enough yet!

Not sure if I want to sell a few of these things yet, but make an offer anyway if you're interested. Smile
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Smashed's ST162 Garage Cleanup Sale! Wed, 01 June 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andy, regarding that drivers side handle, is it the grab handle from a car with elec windows?If so what colour?
Im aft6er one, pref in black but i'll take whatever i can get atm coz the one in my 2nd car is busted up big time.

Cheers mate
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: Smashed's ST162 Garage Cleanup Sale! Wed, 01 June 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL, We hav'nt yet Razz
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Smashed's ST162 Garage Cleanup Sale! Tue, 07 June 2005 01:49 Go to previous message
Stu, not sure I want to sell it - I know how hard they are to find! The passenger side one in my car was broken when I got it - had to call every wrecker in the state to get a matching one! Confused

If you're really stuck I'll help you out tho. Its black and is from the later model ST162.

EDIT: Yes, is got the big hole for the power-window switches.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 01:51]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TurboSmart Type2 Vee-Port BOV
Next Topic:FS: Auto Trans A340e $50 pickup
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:35:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061278343200684 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.