Regular

January 2005
Backyard Job Wed, 11 May 2005 23:14 Go to next message
http://www.cordiapower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4 672
  Send a private message to this user    
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Backyard Job Thu, 12 May 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck thats rough
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Backyard Job Thu, 12 May 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want a subie for $20 Razz
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Backyard Job Thu, 12 May 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing love the pipework
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Backyard Job Thu, 12 May 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh god.

he should spray the PVC piping with some faux chrome paint for bling effect

edit: hmm, just noticed someone else said that in the nissansilvia.com forum thread for this cordia thread

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showt opic=65196

some of the posts.... lmao Laughing

edit again: he says he has no money and has to use PVC intercooler piping....

but then you look at all the audio gear he's got on page two of that thread.... talk about needing to fix his priorities up

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2005 01:45]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Backyard Job Thu, 12 May 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Believe it or not PVC pipe is pretty fucken tough stuff... It's not too brittle not too soft... The joins usually have a fair bit of overlap and the glue that you use to bond them actually eats reacts with the pvc and welds the parts together.

Having said that, I wouldn't be putting it near turbos or exhaust manifolds that kind of heat will cause troubles. Wink
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Backyard Job Thu, 12 May 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DODGEY DODGEY DODGEY. poly pipe rated at 60psi???????? WTF
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Backyard Job Thu, 12 May 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get pressure rated PVC pipe (not sure of pressure) pretty tough stuff.

If anyone knows what a Broco cutter is, PVC only chars, doesn't melt or burn.

Broco = oxy thermal lance that'll cut just about anything at 10,000F plus. What you see spraying sparks when you watch police/spec forces breeching steel doors etc. Operates by burning oxygen and using the material to be cut as the fuel, but for some reason won't reach with PVC.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Backyard Job Thu, 12 May 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some old guy a really long time ago said:

and automobile? my god man! are you insane? that would never work!

fuck, it may not be quality but i tip my hat to him.

its people like him that are the reason we have what we have now. hes shown what he can do, and hes acheived extrodinary results for what he has.

If people like him weren't around, we'd still be walking.

awesome! (DID I MENTION RUST PROOF? Smile)

Eldar.O.
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: Backyard Job Fri, 13 May 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for christs sake,.... this dude comes from kangaroo island in SA, i doubt that there is any places to purchase better piping from, and the island is not accessable by road, only ferry.., points for the effort though, in the end it's not gonna be the end of the world if it shits it's self.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Backyard Job Fri, 13 May 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm... Kangaroo ISLAND you say . . .

Makes me wonder about how many islands or single-access road systems there are - somewhere that you can watch the entrance to make sure there's no coppers about . . . Very Happy

Luvverrrllly work I sez - farm engineering triumphs again!
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Backyard Job Fri, 13 May 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me and a mate made a compressed air potato gun and we held 100psi no worries, pvc can take some pretty hight pressure

didnt even blow the welds on the intake
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Backyard Job Fri, 13 May 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bro had a subbie that wanted to b offroad drag car... lol he drove it every day had 4" body lift then 2" sus lift had 6" total lift... then he had masssive super swampers on it.. lol he used it every day n he dragged ppl off the lights soon found out it wasnt good to do... he went through 2 gears boxes - launching then slamming into second.. then he did 3 clutches so he up graded that n oh damm it was a nice car.. lookes the goods... suprisingly u couldrun a fair few ppl
oh and he had like a 200kilo roof rack.... lol
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Backyard Job Sat, 14 May 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wmahahaha

i lived on KI for 10 monsth for a job that i did, i bought a 4wd subie JUST like that one, cept it was brown.

anyway if you have ever been to KI you will know rthat their gravel roads are mostly made of a iron ore ball type surface.. millions of ball baring style iron ore rocks.. so the roads are a very slippery surface

anyway the 4wd subie was THE best dirt thrasher ever... could take corners flat out, full lock, full slide before and after the corners are crazy speeds.

thwen one night we hit a kangaroo (7 foot tall) on thew side while i was sitting on 120 on a long wide flat dirt road...

set me into 5 360 degree spins lolol but other then that car and roo were ok
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Backyard Job Sat, 18 June 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearb0x wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 14:01

me and a mate made a compressed air potato gun and we held 100psi no worries, pvc can take some pretty hight pressure

didnt even blow the welds on the intake

How did u do that ???

My orange gun holds up to alot of pressure so it might work for ic piping.
We did blow the end off it once and it shattered so if anything did happen it would be horrific.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Backyard Job Sat, 18 June 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only probs I think would be the flow restrictions and proximity to heat sources. As long as he used good pipe it can holdup to 280 PSI or so. He shoulda used 3 inch to make up for the flow Razz

I got a spud gun that I charge up to about 125 PSI. I shot a few nuts and bolts clean through my old celica bonnet with it. It's amazing what a little air pressure can do like that.

Tim.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Backyard Job Sat, 18 June 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do you make em ?????
I've got a orange gun that you load with an orange or tennis ball spray aerosol in one end and screw the cap on quick then there is a bq qlighter in there that works as the trigger and BOOM !!!

But i like the idea of the air gun as i've gone thru 3 cans or deodorant this week
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Backyard Job Sat, 18 June 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 the doubters out there
consider whats used for plumbing for your pool spa and pool/spa gas heaters
ive taken my hat off to this apprentice of aussie engineering
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Backyard Job Mon, 20 June 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine's simple, built it after looking at the hundereds of plans on the net. search a bit, there's shitloads of info.

I have a air chamber which runs under the barrell with a sprinkler valve from bunnings between it and the 2 elbows leading to the barrell. I made the barrel interchangeable and I have a 8mm aluminum barrel for shooting darts. It put a 4 inch nail through a paice of 18MM mdf from 20 meters with that setup.

The valve is activated by a air compressor blow gun attachment which I attached under the gun like a rifle, so you can fire it off the shoulder. It's too innacurate for sights.

You stuff something down the barrel, plug it into the compressor, shut the fill valve point it at whatever you want broken and pull the trigger.

It cost me about $50 all up I think, and for comparison, I think combustion cannons get like 40PSI max at the moment of combustion, and they are a pita to reload. Mine used 125 PSI and I can fire it as fast as I can stuff things down the barrel. Downside is I need to be connected to a compressor and a power outlet Sad

Tim.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 03:12]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Backyard Job Mon, 20 June 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh nice i like that idea !

It's a stupid question but is it safe(ish)

Also i'm assuming it's illegal aswell.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Backyard Job Mon, 20 June 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Safe = yes (well, as safe as the person using it. There is definently a dangerous end...)
legal = no. (well, maybe if you registered it as a firearm and had a licence)

Tim.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Backyard Job Tue, 21 June 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive just put in pvc cooler piping in my soarer and its holding beautifully ( a few rubber joiners were getting blown off but its fixed now they werent tightened properly ) but none of the pvc joins came off as someone said above the pvc glue/sealant that has to be used actually melt the pvc and kinda joins them togeter , there no way u can get them out after that , (if u fcuked up like i did the first time do it all over agin as the joints wont come undone)so yeah its a cheap way of doing cooler piping , they do get warm but doesnt melt for normal car use

unless they are near the turbo then maybe but that why u wrap them in heat proof material lollllllllllll

but yeah if anyones planning to go my way its def woth it and cheap

btw the throttle response on the soarer is much better than stock boost si still stock and exhaust is still stock so aftermarket exhaust and more boost will give more gains cooler used is a hybrid copy and is cooling very well inlet=warm outlet=cold

i dont care what others think or say about what ive done im happy with what ive done and i recommend it as long as its not near the turbo on the 1g-gte it can def be done with no problems

if u look at it most of the cars have plastic piping somewhere or the other in the engine bay so go figure
wait till u see the intercooler piping that comes off the soarer ull be shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

cheers

edit-- btw the piping i used was 2.5 inch all the way and all the piping and bends were pressure piping and pressure bends , they are not normal pvc ones(although normal ones can still be used ) they are the more smoother shinier ones and cost more money but work very well and hold more pressure and use a different sealant to normal pvc piping

all up my cooler piping cost me 110 dollars with plenty of spare ones so i reckon maybe can be done for 75-80 bucks for sure (for the soarer of course)

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2005 02:45]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Backyard Job Tue, 21 June 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but your engine bay still looks like a pool filter
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Backyard Job Tue, 21 June 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 12:51

yeah but your engine bay still looks like a pool filter

pffft i didnt think pool filters only had one pvc pipe

wait till u see pics of the engine bay theres only one pipe visible and its much better looking than the stock soarer engine bay fiy makes the bay look tougher lolllll big chrome looking pipe sitting next to a pod filter always looks good in the engine bay

btw did i mention i sprayed the piping chrome looks good too
but i could do better with my spray painting skills ive ony sparyed out of the can a coupe of times , so might get someone to do it properly for me later all the other piping u can see cause its underneath the car hahahahahahahahaha
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Backyard Job Tue, 21 June 2005 09:46 Go to previous message
meh - just another mitsubishi owner copying a toyota owners ideas Smile

* lol *

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/Gt4_pics/thejig.jpg

Didnt stay this way for long - she's all metal now and nearly finished !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EOI ????
Next Topic:My Ma(sh)61
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:32:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065000057220459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.