Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CheeseCake_Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Battery in the boot for AE92 Sun, 24 November 2002 11:47 Go to next message
Has anyone moved the battery to the boot in an AE92 Sedan

I know how to do it, but is it LEGAL to do so, as i read somewhere that hatches can't have the battery in the boot due to fumes, Does anyone know the procedures in doing a legal move,
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Battery in the boot for AE92 Sun, 24 November 2002 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out this thread mate! Should give you all the details! http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=6876&start=0&rid=42&S=5455ed37 2686c57d7888d90af6b82308
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Battery in the boot for AE92 Tue, 26 November 2002 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude... i wouldn't want hydrogen building up inside you cabon... NOT COOL! also the voltage drop from teh long distance, and sheer size of cabling thus required would be an expensive and space consuming exercise.... plus you would get some bigtime engine noise if you wanted to run your RCA cables ANYWHERE near those power cables!!
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Battery in the boot for AE92 Tue, 26 November 2002 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RIDING HIGH ON VAPOURS, SOUNDS THE GOODS.
JUZZO
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Battery in the boot for AE92 Tue, 26 November 2002 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You wouldn't have to worry about gases building up in the cabin beacuse you need to have the battery in a box vented the the out side world anyway!
And if you use decent cable you wont get a voltage drop big enough to have any effect on anything!
And if you get engine noise on Line audio cables that run near your power cables, it means that your audio cable is shit!
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Battery in the boot for AE92 Tue, 26 November 2002 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got a battery in the boot of my ET pulsar, it didnt have a voltage drop as i used good cables :)and the car went over the pits and they didnt say a thing(but i was defected for being to low Sad.)
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Battery in the boot for AE92 Tue, 26 November 2002 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL Laughing
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Battery in the boot for AE92 Tue, 26 November 2002 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It only took 30 mins to bring it back to legal height!hehehehe Laughing Laughing
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Battery in the boot for AE92 Tue, 26 November 2002 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can i ask the reason for wanting to do this??
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Battery in the boot for AE92 Tue, 26 November 2002 13:11 Go to previous message
The only reasion i can see for doing this is if there is no longer room in the engine bay for the battery. The reasion i moved my battery was because i had an intercooler top mounted where the battery used to be and now im doing an engine conversion so the air in take will now be where the battery is ment to be..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Intercooler work -?WHO?
Next Topic:ta22 seats into ra23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Oct 7 05:21:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064849853515625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.