Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » EOI : Serious MA61 Brake Package + 5 stud hubs

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
EOI : Serious MA61 Brake Package + 5 stud hubs Fri, 20 May 2005 06:14 Go to next message
I'm toying with the idea of upgrading the front brakes to something truly ridiculous (see other post) or keeping these.

Depending on the offers is what the end result will be.

What this package is (as per the monster BBK thread) ;

* Fully recond Z32 300Zx Calipers
* Metal pads (brand new - used to setup brackets etc)
* MS65 Crown Hubs - new seals and bearings
* WRX STi front slotted discs (DBA 4000 series) - 326 x 30mm
* Caliper mounts & bolts
* Greenstuff pads (still in box)

Looking at about $1,350 for the lot o.n.o.
Bolt on-bolt off (to RA60 strut tubes), will fit MA61 strut tubes, but may require a little massaging, but RA60 strut tubes are cheap and easy way to get neg camber as well.

Any queries, phone me on 042 111 9249.

Pics can be sent to email as required.

Cheers

Michael B
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI : Serious MA61 Brake Package + 5 stud hubs Sun, 22 May 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: EOI : Serious MA61 Brake Package + 5 stud hubs Mon, 23 May 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why on earth would you need bigger than 326mm? its a 1200kg car...unless your aiming for something like 800hp+ i strongly reccomend u keep ur current upgrade...put that extra money into something else!
My car will do mainly track work, and its only getting 330mm's MAX...

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI : Serious MA61 Brake Package + 5 stud hubs Mon, 23 May 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 11:09

why on earth would you need bigger than 326mm? its a 1200kg car...unless your aiming for something like 800hp+ i strongly reccomend u keep ur current upgrade...put that extra money into something else!

'Cos I got them at a good price, and the reality is that the car will do some cct work at Mallala, and that is one of the hardest cct's on brakes in Australia.

Also, I plan to do some laps in the Adelaide hills, and I don't want to run out of brakes !!!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: EOI : Serious MA61 Brake Package + 5 stud hubs Mon, 23 May 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 12:45

V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 11:09

'Cos I got them at a good price, and the reality is that the car will do some cct work at Mallala, and that is one of the hardest cct's on brakes in Australia.

Also, I plan to do some laps in the Adelaide hills, and I don't want to run out of brakes !!!

i bet ya my left testicle with 326mm rotors u wouldnt loose brakes!
my engine builder uses r33 callipers on 316mm? rotors on his mustang with about 1300hp from a twin T04s 400 windsor. And he uses like stock GT brakes on the back - 287 or something.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI : Serious MA61 Brake Package + 5 stud hubs Mon, 23 May 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 15:46

my engine builder uses r33 callipers on 316mm? rotors on his mustang with about 1300hp from a twin T04s 400 windsor. And he uses like stock GT brakes on the back - 287 or something.

Power produced has nothing to do with braking ability.

As mentioned before, Mallala is VERY hard on brakes. Try it and you'll see. The brakes will work very well, but I could kill them in 10 ior so laps at Mallala with the right tyres
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: EOI : Serious MA61 Brake Package + 5 stud hubs Tue, 24 May 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 16:21

V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 15:46

Power produced has nothing to do with braking ability.

As mentioned before, Mallala is VERY hard on brakes. Try it and you'll see. The brakes will work very well, but I could kill them in 10 ior so laps at Mallala with the right tyres

I forget to mention that the above guy only uses the car on circuit, not around the streets Smile
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: EOI : Serious MA61 Brake Package + 5 stud hubs Tue, 24 May 2005 02:12 Go to previous message
Doesn't really matter now, as the Evo calipers and discs have been sold pending payment.

Blake, as I said before, power is not the be all and end all. Despite the barkes and the track, the person can still baby the brakes and not use them properly.

It depends on dics material, pad material, balance, airflow, system stiffness etc, etc etc.

I think both setups will be fine !!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA70 Stock alloys
Next Topic:SERIOUS BRAKES !!! Mitsi Evo VI Calipers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 09:35:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047099590301514 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.