Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » CHECK OTHER POST FOR DYNO INFO!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
CHECK OTHER POST FOR DYNO INFO!!! Sun, 22 May 2005 00:05 Go to next message
Ok heres what we have...

Me and Andy162sx are organising a dyno day

23rd of July
or
31st Of July

Bennica Dyno

Is the location so far

Wanna see some numbers of whos coming!!!

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 09:08]

Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sun, 22 May 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hopefully its not in like the next month - no way will i be able to get ready in time ..

somethings always being repaired or broken before these days for me
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sun, 22 May 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit man it seems like your car is always broken Shocked

I hope my car isn't that much of a pain in the batty when i get it going!

Dyno day...meh

Jezza
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sun, 22 May 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not always broken - most of the time its waiting on getting upgraded parts put on - ie the frontmount for example

Im not a mechanical whiz - dont have a hell of a lot of tools - nor access to mates who do - so most of the work is guesswork and luck which sometimes turns out to be wrong !

ive gone theu hmm 4 different ways to doing my intercooler setup - finally got one that works Wink Just awaiit in a trady now to come do some weldng of pipes and we'll be a goer again Wink
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sun, 22 May 2005 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There have been a few discussions like this trying to organise dyno days. Everyone wants to have one, but no-one can be bothered organising it.

So to cut a long thread short, ring or drop into some dyno places and explain your plan. Then decide on a concrete date time and place and post it here.

Hen
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Mon, 23 May 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for that...
I think a lot more events would come out of toymods with a bit more pitchin in from everyone..
So i'll do my best to get some going...

Classique, you always say that you have to wait till the car is running hehehehe.. I'm dyin to see this GT4 Beast....
Good luck with fixing it..

If anyone has some possible good suggestions on dyno places i'll look into it and make some calls...

I'm a GO TO man not a Go Where? hehehe...

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 00:03]

Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Mon, 23 May 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm keen on a dyno day too, i never had a power run done on the GT2. can they do a lil bit of tuning aswell on these dyno days?just leaning out the a/f ratio on the AFM..
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Mon, 23 May 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A local car club is keen to help boost the numbers,

http://www.weaponofchoice.com.au/

mainly drifters in nissans but pffft, there cars go fast and hopefully see a few high power runs
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Mon, 23 May 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd also put my hand up for this - interested to see what the gen III puts out. Alternatively (and this may be the wrong section to ask), could anyone recommend a dyno tuner out here in the east?
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Tue, 24 May 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amberley Autos?
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Wed, 25 May 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NT Performance in Footscray are doing cheap Dyno stuff next month. Perhaps you guys can organise something with them and perhaps get a cheaper tuning rate or power run or something.

http://firesport.ipspace.com/?section=item&act ion=show&id=20289

http://www.ntperformance.com.au/

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know and offer a suggestion for you guys to possibly follow up. Btw I don't know them or have even been there but if they're offering specials, then I'm sure they can do something a lil better for the Toymodders.
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Wed, 25 May 2005 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when would be the best time for you guys? i'm thinking early july-ish as that give me time to finish exams and Stu to finish his mods Razz

would you guys be cool with it being at Beninca Motors again? if so i'll talk to improvedae86 and work something out similar to the last dyno day.

Cheers

Huy
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Thu, 26 May 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I liked the Benincas dyno day, my print out was a shitload easier to read than those dyno dynamics ones Mad

Early July... sounds good Smile
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Thu, 26 May 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah July would be good , might have the irs conversion done by then so i can check the drivetrain loss or gain before and after . But i am way to busy to organise this one . The last one i invited the OzHonda.com , and The European Car Club Australia , ecca.com , And Twincam.org people .

There was about 40+ runs i remember . If you plan on these kinds of numbers you need a place like Beninca Motors where cars have loads of space to park before the event , and a workshop where cars can be driven straight through . No backing out into traffic and people awaiting there run . Also last time we had 4x4 , front wheel drives , and rear wheel drives , all of different wheelbases etc . And there wasn't a single problem thoughout the day , this was also due to having three skilled operators as well . Also people ran the bbq and 4age organised the drinks , and da horse helped out as well , which with out them it would have been crappy too .

I am sure you can get together the numbers for a good day , i know that most of the guys from those forums would come again since there gave it good reviews .

Heres a list of equipment which i took .
1. camping bbq
2. six seats
3. two tables { from beninca motors }
4. one esky { fridge at beninca motors }
5. two clip boards
6. one megaphone
7. 100 snags
8. 100 pieces of bread
9. cheese rolls
10. big bottle of sauce , for smaller bottle
11. cheese slices 2x 48 packs
12. some onion
13. some pens
14. excel run sheet to mark people off , and to group cars .
15. some change $$$
16. ear muffs
17. one sprinter to carry it all there

P.S wombat have you finished with the engine crane yet ? I need to put a engine in the trueno asap

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Thu, 26 May 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be in for this again guys-hopefully my other celica will have its new worked heart and be on the road.

Let us know whats happening and i can probs get aus prelude guys and some commies down from trade school

(thats commodores not russians or reds)
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Thu, 26 May 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in, wanna see what the stock gze will do Cool
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Thu, 26 May 2005 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What day would be best for everyone?
July, Saturday 2, 9, or 16 ?

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Fri, 27 May 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in.
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sat, 28 May 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm nothings chnaged, no point another reading, damn
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sat, 28 May 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if my new car isnt on the road which i doubt it will be i'll be interested to see what a stock 215km celica will do.Now i can get some figures to see what the extractors do and standard tune. Um, the 9th sounds good to me as im doing a driver training course the following weekend(AAMI)

Oh, and CLEEKA, if you want those extractors id prefer to sell em to you coz i dont have to ship and can exchange at the dyno day if you want.

Catcha guys
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sat, 28 May 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in too...

Any chance of a Sunday?

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sat, 28 May 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-NiCkeL- wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 14:58

I'm in too...

Any chance of a Sunday?

I second that. Sunday would be perfect for me. Too tired on Sat 'coz I'll be in between 2 overnight shifts.

Please Huy? Surprised

Yian
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sat, 28 May 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMAO.. OMG i've began something.. I didn't check this post for a bit coz i thought there wouldn't be any interest..

WOW...

Now that we got interest.. Lets start gettin some dates down i say...

I'm lookin foward to see what the celica will put out really badly.. Powerchip and Extractors as the new addition, as well as a new fuel filter (mine was REALLY CLOGGED on last dyno day) and my timing will be on a more decent 10degrees base timing as a pose to 6 on the other time...

The one we went to last time.. Benenni Dyno was awesome, they took care with the cars and were pretty nice ppl. they deserve some business again...

da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sat, 28 May 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not Benenni Dyno mate, BENINCA,

anyway it might be hard to get them to open sunday as they are usually working on their sports sedan or closed. i'll have to check with them first. either way what day would be best for everyone?

July 2/16/23/30 pick a day....the 9th isnt possible but just throw some dates that would be best for you and i'll do what i can.

Cheers
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sun, 29 May 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2nd or the 16th are good for me. Thanks for getting this organised, let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sun, 29 May 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Likewise to DaHorse... Ur DaMan hehehe..

I'd say 16th would be good for me... even 2nd...

-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Wed, 01 June 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just put down a date, and let people organise themselves around it.

Did you say July 16th? hehe Very Happy Very Happy

That's 6 weeks, surely enough time for the boys to get their sh1t together!!
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Wed, 01 June 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah lets get some numbers down.
Just post if ur definate and to stop time wasters some kind of collection of deposits?

Alternatively we need to find out a minimum number. The cost i'm not sure of yet.

For starters before anything gets negotiated we need a hands up to work around the pricing e.t.c.

So mingers get cracking put your hands up or i'll break them off Eye Spin Eye Spin Nod Nod Rolling Rolling
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Thu, 02 June 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmms same weekend as winton fun day guys ......

i know where ill be !
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Thu, 02 June 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused forgot about that one....

how about 23/30 of July then. that way people can get things finished, and for those that go to Winton fun day, they can fix their cars in time should anything happen.

Cheers
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Fri, 03 June 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make it the 23rd then.

Didn't the last day have a maximum of 25 cars @ $25 each? Preferance should go to Toymods members first I say, what do you all think?

I am sure it'll be easy to fill those numbers..
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Mon, 13 June 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did anyone take the inititiave to organise this event, or has it died?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Mon, 13 June 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heard no finals on this nickel - im out of contention anyway till i finidfh my frontmount and retune hence why i havent spoken up much about getting it happening ..
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Mon, 13 June 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As you some of you might have noticed in the Vic Roll Call thread, most of us are students, and right now is exam season. i have 3 more to go and then i'll be able to go make some arrangements. dont worry i havent forgotten. once i get some more details i'll post them asap.

Cheers
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Wed, 15 June 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough!

When nothing got posted I thought people just forgot about it...I didn't even know it was exam time!

Hope to see you all soon.. Very Happy
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Thu, 30 June 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its time we boost this up a bit..

Wanna keep interst going..
I'm really lookin forward to see how my car goes with a couple of new additions...

Whats the plan?
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Thu, 30 June 2005 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey so what's happening with this? date? cost?

-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Fri, 01 July 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It needs someone to take control...if I weren't so busy with work i'd organise the day.

Would you be able to do some planning Adrian?
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Fri, 01 July 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian couldn't organise his way out of a wet paper bag.

Lolz sorry for stealing your quote adam. I had to. Seems like everyone wants to jump on this bandwagon but no one can be bothered to organise.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sat, 02 July 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGE wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 19:25

Adrian couldn't organise his way out of a wet paper bag.

Laughing at Adrian Cool

We need someone to organise this. There's plenty of interest here..
I've never been to a dyno or tested my car so where's good?Should we try and organise it for a place were toymods members have done it before,to simplify things??
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Sun, 03 July 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To make it easy, just plan it at Bennica Dyno.

Make a date, but make sure it's not on with any other major dates.

Advertise it, and people will come.

The last one was a huge success, we shouldn't have any problems organising numbers.

If I weren't so busy, i'd do it...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Mon, 04 July 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone should get onto organising this. *deftly dodges responsibility*

what? don't look at me like that! ... I don't even OWN a TOYOTA. Wink
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Any Chance of Dyno Day?? Mon, 04 July 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its always me... First I ask "any chance of a Dyno Day" and then everyone makes me organise it.. hehehe

Me and Andy are gonna check with bennica dyno on wed/thursday...
I am thinkin the 24th/31st of July

What are most people like with this date?

Likely to get a decent amount of people to make it worth while?

Mentor
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dyno day 23rd/31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Mon, 04 July 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ME ME ME ME ME!!

ok I'll go ether day is good Very Happy
LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Dyno day 23rd/31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Mon, 04 July 2005 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably be there if im not working. Wouldn't mind seeing the beasts you guys have created in flesh although i havent got a car to dyno myself. lol Very Happy
supra10
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Tue, 05 July 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi every one
I've just moved in from adelaide
I owne a yellow MA70 supra I8A4RE
looking for a good shop to tune a 2jz and events, dyno days
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Tue, 05 July 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcome to the club supra10
i'd like to see your beast's dyno reading

i'll be down to come and watch this next dyno..

hope to see the rest of you guys there

btw: just organise a date adrian and make people work around it, its the easiest way when ppl dont reply to the thread. jus make sure it doesnt colide with another event Smile

Good luck
Cya's then
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Tue, 05 July 2005 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Choony_AE86 wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 00:21

welcome to the club supra10
i'd like to see your beast's dyno reading

i'll be down to come and watch this next dyno..

hope to see the rest of you guys there

btw: just organise a date adrian and make people work around it, its the easiest way when ppl dont reply to the thread. jus make sure it doesnt colide with another event Smile

Good luck
Cya's then

fei chai!! get ur ass up and finish ur car and bring to dyno!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad

DA FEI GEI!! Laughing
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Wed, 06 July 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Wed, 06 July 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 10:05

Ok heres what we have...

Me and Andy162sx are organising a dyno day

31st Of July

Bennica Dyno

Is the location

Just thought I'd add this down here in case anyone missed the editted post at the top of the thread.

The place is in Surrey Hills, but a more precise address and details would be handy.

In any case I won't be there, drift nats in Adelaide that weekend. Plus my car hasn't changed (other than more dents and mud) since it was last on a dyno.

Hen
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Wed, 06 July 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engineering on the GZE is looking shaky at the moment, so I may or may not have my car on the road by the 31st... I would feckin hope so though!

I'm working extra hours and saving for the EPA test... Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Wed, 06 July 2005 13:08]

da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Wed, 06 July 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry i couldn't organise this, i have a few things on my plate in regards to uni.

all the best.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Wed, 06 July 2005 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_horse wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 01:46

Sorry i couldn't organise this, i have a few things on my plate in regards to uni.

all the best.

does that mean ur not coming??
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Wed, 06 July 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this official yet? Do we have a booking at the dyno place?

It's time to start getting numbers, deposits, etc going if it's going to be on the 31st.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon it will be a bit tricky to organise everything,
I say we should arrange somethin for next month, i don't think we could get enough to actually make the dyno day worthwhile and enough to actually have the dyno day!!!
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Sat, 09 July 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so bennicas is opening on sunday the 31st of july for the dyno day maybe the 30th might be better as im sure they wont be able to make noise on sunday ,especially the council around there are pretty tuff
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Mon, 11 July 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the whole idea is/was yours adrian. U took the initiative to say that u and andy are going to organise it.

It would be good if u set a concrete day instead of saying next month e.t.c.

When it comes down to shit like food i'm sure that can be organised in a week.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Mon, 11 July 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Guys cant make this one!

Only because I will be attending another event, In S.A.

The drift nationals.

Have fun for me,

Jezza
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Tue, 12 July 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much is the dyno?????

is these the same thread at the classic celica of vic????
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Dyno day 31st July!! Whos Coming?!!!!! Thu, 21 July 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Only read the first post but if the day goes ahead and you end up having it at Joe's then count me in. Its literally round the corner from me.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Melbourne Celica/ Toyota (swap)meet/display-24th july!!!
Next Topic:George Derrick Rally (VCRS 4)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:36:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093080997467041 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.