Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Tue, 24 May 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulations Shane. That is the full sikest most hektic bro Cressida on the planet. The time card is a credit to your willingness to do the job right.

I had no idea that you had run a ten until I read it here....even though I did realise that the potential was there after your first run analysis.

With the numbers comes the bragging rights!
Quote:

did jase run his ke20?

I most certainly did. Was a rather lacklustre day for me..
  Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Tue, 24 May 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 13:41

Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 15:12

1JZ.747 wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 14:49

yes skip.

they had to weld on a cover of a pajero converter so the fins would fit.

That is very interesting.

I suppose you are happy you went with the n20 and current stall converter rather than upping the stall without n20 now.

What are the differences between your turbo and Milan's turbo? Just wondering as you say he runs a higher stall than you as well as n20.

i did get the converter reworked chris. it was upped to approx 3400. and its much more efficient now. the power holds from 4375 right through to red line now where it used to drop off in the top end of the rev range. the bigger injectors would have had a little to do with it also.

Milan told me he never made more than 240 rwkw. he said he hit the brick wall then. i have certainly hit the air restriction wall now and will need to open the head up to get more air into it. milan used 100hp gas right through the pass. he tries a TO4Z which is from memory about the same as the turbo im running. he then went to a 30/40 and made the same power but had better repsonse. he feels he had valve float at that power. thats why he went to the gas.

i am amazed how he got his to almost lift a wheel with a 1.7 sixty foot but mine went no where near lifting a tyre with a 1.5 maybe i need to put some rail way line in the back just once to get a wheel of the ground. he he he

I know you talked about the head there, but i noticed from the pics you are still running the stock inlet manifold/plenum and throttle body. what sort of restriction do you think this is causing?
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Tue, 24 May 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane, could you clarify the extent of your use of nitrous? a few people have asked my opinion and it is only fair to ask for yours in the interests of improving our collective knowlege...

Your trap speed increased by 7mph.

conventional wisdom holds that trap speed is independant of launch or traction and is directly related to mass and HP.

A time honoured calulation for mph trap = ??hp estimates that on your latest pass you must have had 50 rwkw or about 80 hp more than your previous best mph.

80 HP is the expected increase from a 40 shot NOS with efficient large turbo setup.

Did you extract a further 50rwkw though development since your last outing, or...

did you use the gas right through the traps?

Comment ?
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Tue, 24 May 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi all

after some shit fights on the forums and so PM and phonecalls i will answer all future questions only via PM. i dont want to hear any more who's cars faster shit. the runs are on the board and thats all i am going to say.

special ed, more than happy to field this last question publicly.

at QLD jambo we made 380 rwhp at 17psi. we were making 40 rwhp per pound on anything over 14psi. (i have a 14psi spring inthe wastegate). i was at 97% duty cycle on 550cc injectors using 45psi rail pressure. it ran a best of 119.46 MPH on the 11.8 run. but averaged 118.5 MPH.

next outing was compak attak, we changed fuel from c16 to sunoco. we picked up considerable torque gains but power stayed the same. for some reasaon the power would drop off after 4375rwhp. which later was found to be a slipping clutch in the converter(confirmed by MV automatics) at compak attak it ran consistant 118.5 MPH until heat soak settled in on elimination rounds as they were run back to back. all though coming runner up in this event i was disappointed no to run in the 11's again due to the stall issue. watching the footage it was clear the car drove 40 metres or so before seeing any reasonable boost.

after getting my tax return cheque i had some money to improve things. we decided to up the injectors. i went with rochester 1000cc injectors as they were $50 cheaper per injector than 850cc's and i didnt have time to get sard's from japan. with the added fuel now we could increase boost pressure to 22psi. again we made 40 rwhp per pound except on the last pound were gains halfed.

this is where the addional horsepower came from. the NOS is used soley for the purpose of getting the car on stall. which is commen in the drag racing scene where big convertors are used on small capacity engines.

ANDRA sport compact rules state that in my class of SPORT RWD/AWD i can in fact use NOS and as much as i like. i am contemplating changing the setup and using the NOS the full lenght of the track. this should help drop times to low tens.

SKIP- yes i believe trying to squeeze this power through a 60mm hole is a definate restirction. i may look at HARDCORE RACING's stage one head in the near future, with a 7 litre plenum as well.

thanks for all you well wishes guys, i appreciate it. again if anyone has more questions i am more than happy to answer via PM.
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Tue, 24 May 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Shane for making that clear.

Matt

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Wed, 25 May 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.realper4mance.com/events/dragcombat2005/dragcombat2005_008.jpg

http://www.realper4mance.com/events/dragcombat2005/dragcombat2005_013.jpg

http://www.realper4mance.com/events/dragcombat2005/dragcombat2005_073.jpg

http://www.realper4mance.com/events/dragcombat2005/dragcombat2005_169.jpg

this was the 10.7 run burnout
http://www.realper4mance.com/events/dragcombat2005/dragcombat2005_179.jpg

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Wed, 25 May 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do hardcore want for that head, what have they got done to it

will u be up for the qld jambo again this year
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Wed, 25 May 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that jason's car pulling wheelies? That is awesome Smile

What is GIHOOK running these days?
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Wed, 25 May 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugger me jason that thing was launching well hard Shocked
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Wed, 25 May 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris, gihook ran 12.39 @ 107mph in final at drag combat. i had a fair lead up and dropped throttle to roll through traps but still broke out. was running 15psi on day as i knew vehicle would be consistent (and it was!) pb to date is 12.35 from j14. the only thing that has changed in this car, apart from tyres, is the oil since j14. in fact, a spanner hasnt touched the engine since the water pump let go in dec 2003. 1j reliability!. dont forget - this car is daily driven to work 500km + per week.
Gunna wind up boost and play with auto a tad before running wed nights again in a few weeks.
craig
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Wed, 25 May 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the update Craig.

Congrats on getting to the final Smile

I wish my 1jz was as reliable as yours. Been off the road for 362 days Laughing

BTW good luck in dropping those times. I assume you are aiming for 11's with a bit more boost and auto mods?

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2005 23:52]

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
craigs car wil run deep into the 11's with the new tyres.

12.35 with a back off, the backed of mph indicates its potential.

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aah yes, didn't see that 107mph. Good to hear. Everyone seems to be getting quicker lately.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 17:20

how much do hardcore want for that head, what have they got done to it

will u be up for the qld jambo again this year

they have 3 different stages of heads.

stage 1 $3000 264 cams and cnc porting

stage 2 $4400 272 cams, springs retainers cnc porting

stage 3 $5500 280 cams, lift secret, springs retainers cnc porting over sized ferra valves, this is micky mouse i seen one when i was up there 3 weeks ago. to quote bruce from hardcore "this is not streetable, as you can see the cam lobs are much higher than the journals".

all the come with cam gears too. bruce is a top bloke and i would highly recommend him to any one with a jap car wanting to go faster.

as for jambo, dont know yet. i would love too to get current sponsors more coverage, and go head to head with theo woolett. would make a good diy final. but at this stage i am going to the states late septemeber so it depends on if some new sponsor comes on board with some cash to help pay for transport an fuel.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 11:16

aah yes, didn't see that 107mph. Good to hear. Everyone seems to be getting quicker lately.

from memory craigs car has run 115 maybe even 116 mph which with say a 1.9 60 foot would put him around a mid 11
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes chris, 11s is the goal. my goal from day one with the setup currently running is to run 11s - as tempting as it is to go with the large single, programable management etc, it would be deviating from my aim. having said that, once it goes 11s i have some rather larger plans to put into effect. but one goal at a time.

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captain chaos wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 14:43

as tempting as it is to go with the large single, programable management etc,

I know how tempting it was Razz

Are you still running stock ecu then with SAFC or something like that? Your cars runs twin t28's doesn't it? I have never seen any engine bay pics.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10.7 Run as requested Wink Right click, save as
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Very Happy
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice dan, next we want incar shot Wink
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good idea, I might work with Shane on that one.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Thu, 26 May 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice video mate.

Cheers
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Fri, 27 May 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dan.

i am working on a camera mount for the in car.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 27 May 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry about the poor quality, it was off my phone Neutral
http://www.users.on.net/~danhall/shane/timeslip.jpg
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Fri, 27 May 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captain chaos wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 00:09

chris, gihook ran 12.39 @ 107mph in final at drag combat. i had a fair lead up and dropped throttle to roll through traps but still broke out. was running 15psi on day as i knew vehicle would be consistent (and it was!) pb to date is 12.35 from j14. the only thing that has changed in this car, apart from tyres, is the oil since j14. in fact, a spanner hasnt touched the engine since the water pump let go in dec 2003. 1j reliability!. dont forget - this car is daily driven to work 500km + per week.
Gunna wind up boost and play with auto a tad before running wed nights again in a few weeks.
craig

just imagine when emily page is in high school craig, and all the boys are talking about cars, she can stand up and say she was doing 12 sec passes since she was in the womb. Laughing Laughing Laughing
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 27 May 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris,
vehicle stills runs factory efi with only a boost cut defender. still standard injectors and a malpassi fuel reg. turbos are off rb20s (r32). initiatly only used due to cheap replacement price when they die... but are still the original ones after 4 years. oh, it was dec 2002 when waterpump went - saw receipt last night for it. Vehicle was built to a tight budget, but i wanted something very different and reliable at the same time.

shane,
can you imagine emilee when she turns five, and all the kids at school are talking about "hi 5" and she just wants to talk about "low 9s" Laughing Laughing Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 27 May 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is might impressive Craig.
Unfortunately, I missed your car and Shane's at J14. I saw them on the trailer but couldn't find you guys. Not that I would know who you were anyway Razz
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 27 May 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 16:37

Unfortunately, I missed your car and Shane's at J14. I saw them on the trailer but couldn't find you guys. Not that I would know who you were anyway Razz

hey were prolly the guys in the tow car Razz

shame that rotary was running next to ya, couldnt hear the cressi
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 27 May 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 17:27

Chris Davey wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 16:37

hey were prolly the guys in the tow car Razz

shame that rotary was running next to ya, couldnt hear the cressi

They weren't in the tow car! I am not that stupid Laughing

He was racing HYPO77 in that 10.7 vid which is 1jz powered also.
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 27 May 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fantastic effort on the time. Must be great to have so much work pay off.

There isnt many people there?
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 27 May 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the eastern side of the track is closed off to spectators.

but yeah there werent heaps of people there. maybe 1000 spectators at a guess.

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 27 May 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane,

Congratulations !

You have built my dream car !

Always wanted a 10 second Cressida, its just what i envisaged.

Keep up the good work and i really enjoyed the Vid Very Happy

How much faster can it go ? what do you think about sub 10s ?

Regards
captain chaos
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 27 May 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i believe the cressie has room to go quicker... i mean, 3400lb is no lightweight, and the 10.7 was done on vehicles first outing with this setup. imagine dropping the weight to the 3200lb limit, with cams, head and a full track squirt of the giggle gas.... what do you guys concur? i think definite low 10s. i think a cressie would look tops with a 'chute.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Fri, 27 May 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I just watched that video again and I couldn't see any N2O sticker on the car? Don't you have to have the sticker on your car if you were to run N20? Confused

Captain Chaos: I agree that a cressida with a chute would look pretty damn tough!
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Sat, 28 May 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes chris, you have to have a n20 sticker on or the andra official will write a BIG N on it so the fire marshalls know.

sean, which tread pattern did you get?

mine are the second one, i didnt know we had a choice when ordering. would be interesting if there is much difference between the two performance wise.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/images/catalog/tires/gforce_drag_radial_small.gif

or

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/images/catalog/tires/gforce_drag_radial2_medium.gif

oh, and to the individuals who are losing sleep at night

dont forget

http://home.worldonline.dk/c32/ponch-homo.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2005 08:28]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Sun, 29 May 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was nice to see you again yesterday and very much lookin forward to whats coming up soon with Grant Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... Catch up soon champ...
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Mon, 30 May 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane-yep, I also have the second type. I found out when hunting them down that the top ones are the 'G-Force' drag radials and are available in the low profile, big rim sizes for the dudes who race the late model stuff with big rims.

The bottom ones are the original trad style-similar to the BFG Comp T/A tread pattern.

Overall though, they both run the same compound and sidewall construction, however the taller sidewalls on the bottom ones are better for wrinkling on launch-and hence better traction. (or so the story goes anyway.....)

June 19th will be the Crown's next outing. It'll be interesting to see how well they hook up on the crown-having a look at the video it seems that your great 60ft comes from the good weight transfer you'r getting from the squat. I might go get some softer sedan springs and take them out with me as a test. Hopefully the 4-link rear I've put into it will help me with some bite. I've set up the geometry so that as the power hits the diff is forced downwards, jamming the tyres into the track.

Finally-what tyre pressure did you find worked best?

Sean.

PS
If you're a HOMO what am I? Nyaaa nyaa nya nyaaa nyaaa.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Mon, 30 May 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sean i ran 14 psi and found it workeb best.

by the time i did a reasonable burnout i reckon they would be back up to 16 psi.

Matt in hypo77 ran 12psi but for some reason it just wasnt happening for him. i think his car may be to light for them. as i was racing in his class didnt really get to see what his were doing. he ran 235 60 15.

spoke to a bf goodrich man today, apparently the g force are aimed at the front wheel drive guys.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Mon, 30 May 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't I feel poor running 225 60 15 Simex's Sad
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Mon, 30 May 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bit off topic but where are you guys buying the BF drag radials from?
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Mon, 30 May 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got mine from a mate who owns a bridgestone store.

i was just on VPW's website, they have them at good prices. Joshstix, i would recommend maybe the MT et street radial, they are a fair bit cheaper than the BF's. unless BF goodrich comes through with some sponsorship, i will be going to the mickey thompson et street radial. i have been told there side wall is better constructed.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Mon, 30 May 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well given a good proposal I think you'd have a pretty fair chance of getting some sponsorhip from BF since you've run awesome 60 footers with their tyres and that's what the tyres are all about.

On the other hand I guess when you want sponsorship is when the stealth properties of the Cressida don't really pay off. It's hard to sell sponsorship on a sleeper I'd imagine.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 17:06

Well given a good proposal I think you'd have a pretty fair chance of getting some sponsorhip from BF since you've run awesome 60 footers with their tyres and that's what the tyres are all about.

On the other hand I guess when you want sponsorship is when the stealth properties of the Cressida don't really pay off. It's hard to sell sponsorship on a sleeper I'd imagine.

true josh, but when you see a full house supra run a 1.5 sixty footer on 335/75/15 bf goodrichs i dont think its as impressive as a standard rear end cressida doing the same on half the tyre. anyway time will tell.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate I agree completely. I'm sure the guys at the tyre companies agree as well. It's just a matter of if they think the public will understand that it's a lot more of a challenge to get the performance out of your setup than a car with a bigger tyre.

Image I guess is what I'm getting at. I assume a flashy hi profile car if it ran the same times would be more likely to be sponsored just because it draws a lot of attention. I'm not saying it draws the right attention just that it draws a lot.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just found out that the cressida is sixty footing faster than theo wooletts GTR and is 0.2 seconds slower than rob baracs APC evo lancer. not bad when you consider robs evo is fully stripped out and theo GTR would way 300kg or so less and making probably double the horsepower.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very impressive Very Happy your car isn't stripped at all??
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope.. i think it will go on a diet going forward though with the wieght restriction being lowered. see chris's thread on sport compact classes.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hire a jockey
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha he's alright, atleast I'm not drivin' it! Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who says 4WD launch better hey? Smile

The grandpa cressida can nevah lose? Razz
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats still amazing,

not dissin u but theo cant launch for shit, he's running taxi tyres, i'm surprised he can even get under 2 secs, i've seen him shift b4 the 60ft before,

what does rob 60' at

do u have a timed NOS hit or do u just let go of a button or what
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what i've read in other threads, it is just used to get the car up on stall not during the run.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then why doesn't he have the N2O sticker on his car?

At present the car must weigh 3500lbs to run 2 power adders, it was at 3450lbs wasn't it? Confused
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He didn't use it at all apparently, was talking to him on the weekend. Don't want to talk for him or anything, but yeah, no N02 at all.
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Tue, 31 May 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bows deeply*

This is a great day for Cressida's! Wish my old Cressida went that hard!

I noticed your using the Audi rims? Looks similar, anyhow. I was at Richard's place (Mr Cressida) the other night, the Audi rim seems like a popular choice for 1J Cressida's. What's with that?

Mind if we post your vid on our forums also, Shane?

Funny actually - we have a Shane in our club with a 1J conversion who loves the drag strip. It will be a while before he see's 10's though...!

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:48]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Wed, 01 June 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm I can't see the video link.... sorry!

can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks heaps!

Rob Smile
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Wed, 01 June 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 23:05

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres Wed, 01 June 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 10:18

rvrolla wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 23:05

Wink thanks dude

and WHOAH congratulations, fantastic mate
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Wed, 01 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 18:41

thats still amazing,

not dissin u but theo cant launch for shit, he's running taxi tyres, i'm surprised he can even get under 2 secs, i've seen him shift b4 the 60ft before,

what does rob 60' at

do u have a timed NOS hit or do u just let go of a button or what

how hard is it to get a 1000hp 4wd drive to get of the line.

serious. my gawd.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1JZ.747 runs 10.70 et on street tyres(video on page 2) Wed, 01 June 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thunderbird2,

They are 16" soarer rims as far as I know.

Cheers
James
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I'm buying a 1990 GT-4 in brisbane jap import has not been registered in australia yet need help!!!
Next Topic:auto electrician workshops
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:29:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084929466247559 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.