Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Playstation3 Hardware revealed!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 02:03 Go to next message
http://au.playstation.com/assets/news/ps3_hardware_03_big.jpg

http://au.playstation.com/assets/news/ps3_hardware_02_big.jpg

http://au.playstation.com/assets/news/ps3_hardware_07_big.jpg

i like it.
more at playstation.com.au
  Send a private message to this user    
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks good, wireless controlers, blue ray and a heap of other stuff. Expect to cost more than 1k when if finaly launches.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both PS3 and xbox 360 look to be very promising package both will have wireless controllers, best feature of the xbox one is you can now turn the system off by the controller, which for the set up i have in my room means i can sit in bed play and when i wanna pack up turn it off and not have to move woot for lazyness.
Nice sleek design, love the promise of realtime graphics.
One thing that worries me about xbox 360 is heat, having three 3.2ghz processors would have to mean quite high temps and when enclosed with little air flow like it would be in my cabinet i have a concern.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah heat could be a factor but they are getting quite good at losing it. The Dual 2.4ghz in the mac's really dont put out that much at all.

I am sure they will be ok. Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 13:53

Yeah heat could be a factor but they are getting quite good at losing it. The Dual 2.4ghz in the mac's really dont put out that much at all.

I am sure they will be ok. Smile

CAL POSTED! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

yeah looks like a roundier version of the PS2
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 13:01

Looks good, wireless controlers, blue ray and a heap of other stuff. Expect to cost more than 1k when if finaly launches.

If I recall the ps1 and the ps2 were both close to 1k when they launched also.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both forms of hardware look impressive, ps3 seems to be toping the scales tho.. and why the hell is the 360 only dual layer dvd??? bit of contreversy going on about which ps3 trailers were real-time or pre-rendered at e3... can anyone say killzone 2?

hopefully each has the power to pump out all the new normal-mapped game engines at nice framerates...

still no word on why the nintendo revolution is "revolutionary"

cheers
evan

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 04:50]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehendrikd wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 14:50

still no word on why the nintendo revolution is "revolutionary"

cheers
evan

ummm they found a new way to market the same old mario shit to kids, another new system with another quirky disc that makesit hard to pirate games for i don't know.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol Laughing

i have read all sorts of shit on what is revolutionary about it... from controller-less conrtol (ie. eye toy) to 3d stereo projection out of the box...

i just want some way to make shooting mario in the head more realistic
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ps2 was $799 or $749 when it first launched, i think this will cost more.
if xbox makes a decent price this time around i'll probably go for one of those.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the ps3 is roumored to be shit expensive when it comes out, mainly cuase it will be one of the few machines able to play HD movies
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehendrikd wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 14:50

can anyone say killzone 2?

Head over to IGN to read the interview with Jan-Bart. He said "we've been working on the sequence since November. We didn't have it finished until three days ago!".

Obviously if it were real-time the answer would be different. Anyhow it's Guerilla's pre-renderisation of what in-game *should* be capable of. Let's see if it is or not Rolling Eyes

As for the Revolution, being a die-hard Nintendo fanboy I have to say I'm dissapointed. Not in the console but in Nintendo. I was hoping all this time that they'd try and really get back in the war but the revolution kind of makes me feel as though they're happy to just float around and make money. As a company it's all good. They are the most profitable of the three (yes, that's true) which is good for their shareholders but not good for fans like me Sad
Oh well, it's not like they've got crappy games or anything and they're trying to make broadband free for all players so it should be interesting. If the revolution came out with just mario kart, smash bros. and zelda then I'd still buy it Embarassed

Also, Nintendo is trying to go after the Japanese market which has had a huge decline in video games which is why it's trying to go simpler to get more people gaming in general which means catering for casual gamers.
You should check out Nintendogs, it's a really cool idea.
It's like a tamagotchi type thing to raise a dog but you touch the screen and stuff to pat the dog and you train it by voice commands!
I thought it was really cute when I saw it.
Anyway, my $0.02 Smile
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 13:06

both PS3 and xbox 360 look to be very promising package both will have wireless controllers, best feature of the xbox one is you can now turn the system off by the controller, which for the set up i have in my room means i can sit in bed play and when i wanna pack up turn it off and not have to move woot for lazyness.
Nice sleek design, love the promise of realtime graphics.
One thing that worries me about xbox 360 is heat, having three 3.2ghz processors would have to mean quite high temps and when enclosed with little air flow like it would be in my cabinet i have a concern.

its apparently oil cooled without any fans so it saves space and is quiet
it should also some with some sort of automatic shutdown like most pcs but im not 100% sure
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw the tech demo of the final fantasy 7 remake of the very first scene. gave me goosebumps, oh the memories!
anyone catch the MGS4 clip for ps3? fuck that was hilarious

just register at gamespot.com and they'll let you watch it (rego is for free)

oh yeh, but if you don't want it on your hd, just stream it (no rego involved)

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:08]

Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 18:08

i saw the tech demo of the final fantasy 7 remake of the very first scene. gave me goosebumps, oh the memories!
anyone catch the MGS4 clip for ps3? fuck that was hilarious

just register at gamespot.com and they'll let you watch it (rego is for free)

oh yeh, but if you don't want it on your hd, just stream it (no rego involved)

i cracked up so hard when i saw that prettyboy raiden scene "yaaaaaaayyybbbbbooooooooooooooooooooo"
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
free downloads (no need to rego!)
http://www.gametrailers.com/
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks sick. 1k though, hmmm i spose its about time i stop buyin ps2 games huh
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah now thats a crazy shape O_o

But then again, knowing Sony, in about 3 years there'll be a redesign of the console, leaving it about 1/10 of its original size ^_^

I just hope it has good games again Smile
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Mon, 23 May 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd choose the white one.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Wed, 25 May 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring on GT5 Very Happy
NERD
Regular

November 2004
Re: Playstation3 Hardware revealed! Wed, 25 May 2005 19:24 Go to previous message
Mr DOHC wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 23:41

bring on GT5 Very Happy

ill second that! Very Happy Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:25]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:P plate driver course
Next Topic:The English Muffin vs The Crumpet
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 21:01:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063948631286621 seconds