Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
2T > 2TG Tue, 26 November 2002 23:50 Go to next message
Hi, does any one know if it is possible to put the head off the 2TG onto the 2T.. something is telling me that the push rods may be in the way???
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2T > 2TG Wed, 27 November 2002 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it is possible, but not worth the effort. It's much much easier to just swap the complete engine. The pushrods probably would get in the way, that's why you remove them first!
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2T > 2TG Wed, 27 November 2002 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a complete 2TG in the shed, head needs a rebuild, the blocks in reasonable condition, head and block are complete, would sell for $250neg. pistons in good condition, so you could use the block and take the head for spares or use your block and take everything needed to convert the 2T to 2TG from this block. I'm in adelaide, not sure if its worth transporting to you since your not sure where u are Laughing

can send pics if you want

rob
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2T > 2TG Wed, 27 November 2002 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might be interested in your engine one day soon. It sounds cheap enough to me Very Happy just that transport thingy.

Ill keep in touch
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2T > 2TG Wed, 27 November 2002 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok no worries mate, i'll have to get some pics for it then. I really want to do something with it, but since buying gaskets etc costs cash and it will just take up precious room for other celica junk.

just for interested: for the 2TG head on 2T block, you will need the front timing chain stuff including- the top chain, tensioners- (one on timing cover (which bolts to external), two in head, and the external one) and timing chain cover from the 2TG. also should swap the drive shaft/cam that pushes the pushrods (obviously). Then the oil lobes for the 2T cam have to be turned otherwise you'll loose oil pressure etc. Then a 2TG head gasket, and of course the complete 2TG head.

This topic has been covered previously in the tech section i think. Its not a big conversion, just messy and time consuming, a lot easier getting a 2TG block.

BTW not sure if the 2T pistons also need flycutting for the 2TG valves, maybe norbie knows. I think the 2TG pistons are needed aswell, so basically a complete 2TG.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2T > 2TG Wed, 27 November 2002 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, pistons must be swapped also.
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2T > 2TG Thu, 28 November 2002 03:21 Go to previous message
ohok, i was merely after some information. if it wasnt much of a hassle it could have been a quick bang for buck till i sort out a 13B turbo.. cheers guys for the info.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:supercharging a 18RG
Next Topic:cams
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 8 16:39:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064651966094971 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.