Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Quickfit??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1jzmx83
Regular

October 2002
icon5.gif  Quickfit?? Wed, 27 November 2002 02:32 Go to next message
I am oranising to get some work done at quickfit hornsby. They seem expensive, which is fine if they are good. I just want to know if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with these guys.
They are wiring my jzx90 1jzgte into my mx83 Cressida.
Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Sprocket
Regular

October 2002
Re: Quickfit?? Wed, 27 November 2002 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had some bad experiences with them 3 years ago, they were expensive and sold me shit, but I did get them back on warranty.
But I wont go back to them now, regardless of who ownes/manages it.
I have had a few reports recently on them and so far everyone has said they are pretty good.
PM corollaman, he had heaps of shit done by them for his engineers I think.
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Quickfit?? Wed, 27 November 2002 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are shit! Had nothing but troubles with them on a number of ocassions. A lack of knowledge also and a simple lack of "we really don't care and it's not our problem or fault what happens to your car on the dyno".

Which mind you, they dont have a dyno. I went to get some tuning done and they said leave your keys and we'll give you a call in a couple of hours!!!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Yeah right i said. I want to be next to the car when it gets dynoed, you dont spend 4 years building a car and give the keys to someone you dont know and have never seen tune before!

I said i'd like to be here when it gets tuned, they admitted that it doesn't actually get tuned here! Whaaaaatttt?

Yeah!! The guys apprentice comes and picks it up and takes it away and tunes it!
Great! He gets to crank my 300rwhp schmick car from Hornsby to another suburb. My arse!

I also asked how they tune, check for detonation etc and after get some relatively poor responses from Quickfit decided not to go through them.

Wouldn't go there bro.

Sprocket
Regular

October 2002
Re: Quickfit?? Wed, 27 November 2002 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't want to say it, but I think when a mate of mine got his car engineered there, they said they could do it, but when he got the papers back, it had some other guys name on them from just up the road, now that's not usually a problem, but when the engineer charges $450 and Quickfit charge $850....now there's a problem.
I'm sorry? $400 to drive my car 1km away? What did you say?
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Quickfit?? Wed, 27 November 2002 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had an exhaust done on my old falcon ute there maybe 2 years ago?
I was happy enough with it.
but it only cost me $180 for a pipe from the extractors back to the diff with a muffler.

But a friend of mine who know them says they are just what they claim to be "Quick-Fit"
Which is normally a bust and tear approach.

I think in this day the only way to get some thing done the way you want it done, is to do it your self.

CamZH
1jzmx83
Regular

October 2002
Re: Quickfit?? Wed, 27 November 2002 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'll give them a miss.
That still leaves me with a problem of wiring my computer.

I spoke to Grant at SIXWORKS and although he is very helpful, he is not doing much more of this kind of work for a while (next year?)

Do any of you guys know of a reputable place with realistic pricing in Sydney that does this kind of wiring work?

Thanks for your advice.
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Quickfit?? Thu, 28 November 2002 00:14 Go to previous message
For something like wiring I'd stay away from the big name places.... they generally don't want to take onboard these kinds of jobs and if they do will charge the earth.

I'd suggest that you get the wiring done at a smaller auto electrian (not a dodgy one, just smaller) and then take it to be dyno tuning and that sorta thing done elsewhere where you can attend.

Let your fingers do the walking
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SA63
Next Topic:MA70 supras - with LSD?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 8 04:42:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062458515167236 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.