Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » who here drinks and drives????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
187_20v
Regular

October 2004
who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 06:55 Go to next message
im just wondering if all u ppl out there drink and drive
coz i usally do it every weekend when i go out
i know i shouldnt
but u still do
mmmmmmmmm.............
  Send a private message to this user  
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I have a couple of drinks and I'm driving I'm responsible about it. I don't want to be hurting anyone or doing anything that is going to make it harder than it already is to get insurance. There are ways around it dude, and going out and having fun with your mates doesn't always equal getting blind.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No No No
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Start rant

And when you lose your licence or worse what then?
drink driving is one of my pet hates,have never done it and never will.If i'm driving somewhere i won't even have one drink at the start of the night.
IMO anyone who does drink drive deserves everything they get,has been law for so long now it just shouldn't happen.
Get a cab,get a lift,walk,take a bus/train just don't drink and drive.

End rant
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i barely drink and would never drink and drive, for one i value my license my life and other ppl's lives more than a little fun.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its when you kill someone and even if your just over they will throw the book at you so hard the next thing you know some big boy in jail telling you how your his new bicth and he wants you to pick his spoap up off the floor.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, all you drink drivers are scum.
If I had my way there would be a 0% blood alcahol rule and if you get caught you loose your licence for ever. Then if you get caught driving again you get a bullet in the head.
I dont care what anyone says, one drink alone has an affect on anyones driving skils.So again, you drink drivers are scum Evil or Very Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with shane - people are shit enough drivers as is without a few drinks to make them even worse. My brother has a few metal plates in his head thanks to drink driving (his own stupid fault), and was just lucky tehre was noone else in the car.

I hope all you drink drivers crash into trees while alone in the car, so you can remove your danger from the road without hurting anyone else.
dizzy
Regular

February 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
187_20v wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 16:55

im just wondering if all u ppl out there drink and drive
coz i usally do it every weekend when i go out
i know i shouldnt
but u still do
mmmmmmmmm.............

No No No No No No No No No No No No

http://www.funnymatt.com/images/fag.gif
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did it and copped 3 years,One night after not being able to stay the night somewhere as planned I stayed in my car for 3 hours just to make sure I didnt have any alcamahol in my system...Its not worth it,and if you have been caught going over the limit by more than 20kph and then get done drink driving you are risking 5 years mandatory licence loss if you ever do anything similar again..
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have some milo before i drive cos i like milo
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no... I dont want to endanger my self and others. I would rather have my car in 1 peice at the end of the night also.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i value my life Nod
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it is the stupidest thing to do ever when i go out im happy not to drink ill be a sober bob Very Happy
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 18:07

If I had my way there would be a 0% blood alcahol rule and if you get caught you loose your licence for ever. Then if you get caught driving again you get a bullet in the head.
I dont care what anyone says, one drink alone has an affect on anyones driving skils.So again, you drink drivers are scum Evil or Very Mad

what about alcoholic cakes, mouthwash, cherry ripes and a load of other things that contain alcohol but would nowhere near get you drunk at all (with normal usage, anyway Rolling Eyes )

dont get me wrong, i reckon drink drivers should be shot as well No No No , but i think a 0% alcohol limit is a bit far
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not worth the risk both to urself and others
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 20:11

what about alcoholic cakes, mouthwash, cherry ripes and a load of other things that contain alcohol but would nowhere near get you drunk at all (with normal usage, anyway Rolling Eyes )

dont get me wrong, i reckon drink drivers should be shot as well No No No , but i think a 0% alcohol limit is a bit far

You would have to drink a carton of mouth wash and eat a pallet load of cherry ripes to get any reading of alcohol in the blood.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

/me strokes gun.

Where can I sign up for this task force?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 20:25

/me strokes gun.

Where can I sign up for this task force?

Every Thursday night the clan has a meeting at my house. You can sign up then.
187_20v
Regular

October 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh im with u's
i should be shot
i'll try not 2 not next time
but i know i will
dumb i know
im still young and dumb
Sad
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 20:17

You would have to drink a carton of mouth wash and eat a pallet load of cherry ripes to get any reading of alcohol in the blood.

you sure? thats what part of the argument against the 0 limit for p-platers was wasnt it? or was that just a hunk of whinge crap? Confused
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 20:47

you sure? thats what part of the argument against the 0 limit for p-platers was wasnt it? or was that just a hunk of whinge crap? Confused

Have you ever watched myth busters? Cause this exact thing was busted on there a while ago Very Happy
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 20:55

skellator wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 20:47

Have you ever watched myth busters? Cause this exact thing was busted on there a while ago Very Happy

hehe, good old mythbusters
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't drink at all so yeah, Not me Razz Razz Razz ...

But too all those Drink Drivers, No No No No No No No No No ...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they can make you read on your breath, esp if you've just had one, but they don't affect your BAC
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the most ill do is move my car into the drive way but have when i was camping out in the bush before, just up and down dirt roads... and only when it was essential (we needed more beer)
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 21:21

they can make you read on your breath, esp if you've just had one, but they don't affect your BAC

Thats correct and is the reason why a breath reading wont hold up in a court!
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wat bout Bitters the ingredieant in lemon lime and bitters its 40% alcahol and if u have a few of them then drive u post a reading and they r my fave non alcaholic drink,
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the bitters may be 40% but there is 9/10ths of fcukall of it in a lemon lime and bitters. You body would absorb and metabolise it very quickly.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol nah i work in bar, i make it like half bitters half lemondae Razz
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't drink drive... never have, never will. It's honestly just stupid. It's like running a red light, maybe some other car won't be coming through but if one does....

I also agree that even a couple drinks, even though staying under the limit, will still affect your driving.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Mon, 30 May 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drink drive to certain extent,
Last week there was a party in rural area so with the land owners permission i went and cut sick in a paddock blind as a bat. I was the only person in the paddock with no trees ditches or anything i had about a kay in every direction before i found trees.

I say this is fair it's my car i couldn't really hurt anybody.

But having said that my friends drink drive alot but...... they drive the safest when they do drink drive. We have all been educated on the dangers, So if they say they are ok to drive i belive them.

It's a shit thing to do but alot of people do it. When say drink drive i mean "had my last drink over an hour ago i've been drinking water and eating now i feel fine" if they were blind drunk couldn't walk or anything then i'd take their keys and maybe slap them around the back of head.

Oh and on the topic of things with alcohol but no effect mcdonalds roast chicken salad the dressing will show up on a breatho.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but one of the main things with drink driving is reaction times, a person may seem alright but apparently their reaction time is still impaired, meaning they may brake later, react later, steer out of the way later, and be more prone to taking risks. These things still affect a person even if they seem fine.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cutting up a paddock is one thing. In my eyes is just phuckin around and letting of the steam type thing.
But out on the road its like giving a kid a loaded gun in a shopping centre......

As for myself, if i go clubbing or pubbing with mates and i know that we'll be there for a good while i'll have a drink but then after that its on to straight coke and maybe, just maybe a nip of water. But if just to see what the place is like it'll straight coke.
But if i'm not driving, its a little different, something alcoholic till i feel i'm getting tipsy then its on to the hard stuff. Been blind drunk twice and hated it with a passion. Plus i like to make sure my mates aren't trying to do something stupid (like picking fights with the the bouncer) and that the one who's driving is staying sober.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drink now and then, but it's usualy just a quiet beer (see one) at home, or a glass of red. I prefer not to, but sometimes I drive soon after that.

Once in a while I actualy get drunk, but you'll never seen me behind the wheel of a car after that... unless I'm sleeping in my car. Heh heh.. I think .05 is a fine level to have it at. I'd just say, it's a limit. If you're worried you might be over, DON'T DRIVE. 'cuz you should feel confidant that you're under before getting into the car.

People who deliberaltly go drive after a night out on the piss should be stabed in the head with an icepik a few times.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with shanes school of thinking ..

the same should apply for drugged drivers ..

both are equally as dangerous to other road users ..

if your drugged up - stay off the fking roads ..

if youve had a bender - take a taxi home ..

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm yeah as above i would never drink and drive well at 0.0000000000 i can't anyway. But here me on this, on friday nights we regularly hit the pub after work, now having not eaten since lunch the alcohol should affect me more. But i can have three beers within the hour and feel fine and piss off to the station and home nothing wrong at all.
On saturday night was my bros birthday anyway had some wine for the first time only half a glass and man, straight to my head. I wasn't drunk but i could feel it affecting me straight away, and this was just after eating a large chinese meal hmmm.
I'm not sure on the alcohol content of the wine but the amount i drank wasn't equal to three beers. Personally after drinking the wine i wouldn't even go near a car, but after the three beers i would feel much more able to drive (note i still wouldn't). Surprised
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big T wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 00:17

I also agree that even a couple drinks, even though staying under the limit, will still affect your driving.

I usually drive if I've had a bit of alcy. I wait for a while and I eat and then it doesn't seem to effect me at all. Well it doesn't but I can't prove that so I'll stick with 'seems'.
I've passed an RBT twice whilst having consumed alcohol. No joke.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 02:50]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People who drink and drive have made the choice to do so, no matter how impaired they claim their judgement may have been.

I have zero tolerance on the issue, complete f$%ktards is the only way to describe these people.

Drink driving appears to be almost "socially acceptable" in the upper echelons of society. You only have to look at the penalties for drink driving compared to that for burnouts (not condoning burnouts at all but the two don't compare on the danger scale to other road users).

I guess our law makers don't lay skids but a bottle of wine at Old Parliament House before heading home is a regular occurrence in this town Rolling Eyes .

If you are ever involved in an accident and you suspect the other c$%t is drunk don't let them leave the scene and make sure the cops attend (they will usually try to flea or will try to persuade you not to get the police involved, f$%k 'em!). Being drunk will negate their insurance and they will be forced to pay back your insurance company for the damage, thus leaving them with less drinking money Wink

This topic makes me angry because I know so many people drink and drive Mad

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drink Drivers are idiots and thoughtless. Dude, wait until you mow down some 5 year old kid and see if you still have the attitude that you are "young and dumb". Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my dad passed an rbt once after consuming a rather large amount of alcohol, had been to parents friends place for dinner and they also drink a lot their, wine port beer you name it, but nope passed fine we were all laughing in the back were around 10 thinking he was gonna get caught but no.
Generally now if my parents are gonna drink and we go somewhere i won't drink (mainly cos i don't like to) and i'll drive home. Have done this for a few wine festivals and when we visit friends and relatives.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
187_20v wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 20:32

yeh im with u's
i should be shot
i'll try not 2 not next time
but i know i will
dumb i know
im still young and dumb
Sad

what gets me the most is that this guy speaks as if he has no control over his own actions. Perhaps a commentary on people in todays society not wanting to be responsible for their own actions.

WAKE UP TO YOURSELF YOU FUCKWIT!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you're right. It is "social acceptable" in some circles. I think it's far worse than some other "offences"... but that's another story.

I used to live with a guy who did the drink driving thing. He was a shithead too, with the "it's only a short distance and I drive really slow!"... If it's that short, freekin' walk home.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of drunk ppl at accidents, my uncle was sitting in traffic on the freeway last friday, was stopped cos of the traffic anyway, guy behind him still doing around 90 doesn't notice the traffic stop. Hit the brakes at the last second nose dives and goes under the arse of my uncle rodeo. Camry is a right off still deciding on the rodeo.
Get this though, there way a highway patrol car sitting next to my uncle in the traffic and they saw the whole thing, apparently the rear of the rodeo got about a metre of air underneath it.
To top it off the guy got out of his car talking on his mobile phone, my uncle got a zero reading on the RBT the other guy failed.
When ringing to get further insurance details my uncle found the guy once again very pissed. He has insurance at least but will probably be voided by the DUI, meaning my uncle will get his claim but the NRMA will sue the other driver to cover the costs.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

what gets me the most is that this guy speaks as if he has no control over his own actions

Another related issue, no c$%t is responsible for their own actions any more.

Perhaps he was "touched" as a child and can use that as an excuse for his wayward actions?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a good point Rob. So many people don't wanna take responsibility for their actions these days.

I think much the same way about smokers that bitch that they can't quit. Yes you can. Sure it might be hard, but it's still a CHOICE that YOU make. Nobody else is forcing you into it, and if they're coercing you into it, then you're just a weak willed fuck.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRINK DRIVING IS FOR FUCKWITS.

Shane and Rob, i am standing proud on your side of the fence regarding the responsibility argument. EVERYONE is responsible for their own fvcking actions..... but if you want to hear screwed up laws, i can tell you all about the laws relating to responsible serving of alcohol in the USA..... i'm qualified in 3 states to serve booze, and their laws are 110% fuckedup.

I do however have something against the driving under the influence of illicit substances laws we have though. The way it works here is you are qualifyably DUI, and not quantifyably DUI.

Meaning: By our laws, if you have traces (any amount) of XXX substance in your system, therefore you are inhibiting your ability to drive, therefore you are under arrest for driving INEBRIATED. There is no set quantity of XXX substance that equates to your driving ability being impared. I think that is wrong.
What about people on medications such as fenergen and other alergy related drugs? These substances make you VERY sleepy and in my opinion impair your ability to drive rather dramatically, yet there is NO LAW to place them as DUI!!! What about people on morphine medications for pain? Dexamphetamine for ADHD????

Anyway... now im arguing slightly off topic.

Last time someone who i thought had had too many drinks wanted to drive me home, i told them to get stuffed and i walked the 10kms home from Parramatta.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 19:47

Using mouthwash and drinking mouthwash are two different things. Since mouthwash is approx 22% alcohol if you drank a few shots of it (and you'd have to be a mad bastard) it will register a blood alcohol - just the same as if you drank a few bottles of essences used in cooking that could be up to 80% alcohol.

It always surprsies me that some underage kids sniff paint and glue Confused when they could be getting loaded from basic supermarket items Razz

And drink driving is for dickheads. Drug driving is whole new and different can of worms. What about those who drive after 5 shots of espresso in an agressive and dangerous manner?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It'd be nice if we didn't have to make laws about things like this, but rather people would self regulate. ie. the .05 thing. If you can't handle driving at .02, then don't. Easy. But most people will though, even if they can't handle it.

It's like the speed limit. Most people travel at the speed limit, regardless of what speed they SHOULD be doing. I know, I've done it.
Now days I use speed limits as a guideline. I feel much safer on the roads, even though sometimes I find myself a little about the limit. Others, when I'm cruising around pedestrians or packed areas, I find myself traveling well below the speed limit, and focusing on other road users/pedestrians rather than my speedo.

You just need to know your limits. I think my limit is about .03, but I can't be sure as I've never tested it.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 13:59

Drug driving is whole new and different can of worms. What about those who drive after 5 shots of espresso in an agressive and dangerous manner?

We can say that about anything. What about those who drive when they are extremely upset or extremely pissed off? Or those that drive when they are really tired/sleepy?

I think the 0 BAC is a good idea.
Why? If we allow a tiny bit of alcohol in our systems, for most of us we're relatively unaffected. However my friend never drinks and the one time he did, he had literally about 30mL of VB and he was tipsy as a motherfcuker. Had he chosen to drive he would legally have been allowed to even though he was in no such condition to do so.

The thing is with drink driving, if you can handle your alcohol I don't see what's wrong with having a glass of wine or a beer before driving. Neither does the law because if you're on your full license: TADA! you can!
If you know you're not being affected then I don't have a problem. I mean when you really know, not when people say 'No, it's ok I'm not drive I can drunk' Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 14:39

my friend never drinks and the one time he did, he had literally about 30mL of VB and he was tipsy as a motherfcuker. Had he chosen to drive he would legally have been allowed to even though he was in no such condition to do so.

30ml?

man, your mate was putting it on. so many people that "never drink" or "hardly ever drink" or people that just want attention pretend to be drunk off a small amount.

Dunno why you would, just makes you look like a tool acting like a dickhead, especially if you've only had like half a beer.. or in this case 30ml Rolling Eyes
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 14:51

thu187 wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 14:39

my friend never drinks and the one time he did, he had literally about 30mL of VB and he was tipsy as a motherfcuker. Had he chosen to drive he would legally have been allowed to even though he was in no such condition to do so.

30ml?

man, your mate was putting it on. so many people that "never drink" or "hardly ever drink" or people that just want attention pretend to be drunk off a small amount.

Dunno why you would, just makes you look like a tool acting like a dickhead, especially if you've only had like half a beer.. or in this case 30ml Rolling Eyes

No I'm being serious. He's a very skinny short asian fella. I thought he was putting it on too but you could tell from the way after 5 minutes he kept rolling around and pretending to be the Sargeant from We Were Soldiers and he went red and his face was hot.
I kid you not he was tipsy as.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 15:28

No I'm being serious. He's a very skinny short asian fella.

Thats your problem there. Razz In most cases Asians just cant drink when compared to our Caucasian friends. I read something interesting in a Biochem textbook about something genetically different in the ADH enzyme in the Asian population that makes them more succeptible to alcohol.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I'm going to have a bit of a bender, I'll generally organise a party at my place and get drunk here, no need to risk driving then Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The effect of loosening your inhibitions when drinking is mostly psychosomatic. There have been tests.

In one test, they had 2 groups (and 2 control groups). One group was given a drink with a tasteless alcohol additive and told it was non-alcoholic. The other group was given the same drink, without the alcoholic additive.
The test showed that the ones given the placebo non-alcoholic drinks showed the same behaviour as the control group that was given alcohol (acted drunk), while the other group showed the same behaviour as the non-alcoholic control group (acted sober). Of course the ones who where actually given the alcohol stared to lose co-ordination, and didn't seem to understand why.

I don't need any alcohol to act like a nutcase and have a good time.

And Merudo, that attitude sucks. What, you have to be a professional drinker before you can enjoy your alcohol? By your reasoning, you're a tool, 'cuz even fully loaded you have the same (or similar) ability to control your inhibitions anyway.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:45]

prrrmeow
Regular

February 2005
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I WISH! (not drive completely drunk- but a couple of drinks...)
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've never been stupid enough to risk it (still on my P's). But as of 2 weeks ago, i've quit drinking, unless its a dinner at a nice place Very Happy
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't get this, you see it all the time on the news, people DIE from drink driving, and drink drivers, god, imagine that one night, you've had a few and you think your fine, drivng down the road you drift across the road a little bit, SMACK, head on with a family off on there holiday, you've killed them all. Your life would be over.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: who here drinks and drives???? Tue, 31 May 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 20:58

I don't get this, you see it all the time on the news, people DIE from drink driving, and drink drivers, god, imagine that one night, you've had a few and you think your fine, drivng down the road you drift across the road a little bit, SMACK, head on with a family off on there holiday, you've killed them all. Your life would be over.

But then you'd get over it, eventually start driving again, and then drink driving...

lol

be careful people.

oh btw, isnt an old person pumped full of pain killers just as bad, if not worse?! i say they should have a body age limit 0.5 centuries, get all the crusty olds outa the way

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:57]

maverick
Regular

November 2004
Re: who here drinks and drives???? Wed, 01 June 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

What is wrong with people, this is a car enthusiast site for ppl who love cars, and to DRIVE THEM - and everyone craps on about cops giving them a hard time for takin their licence for speeding/or whatever... and then u still are foolish enough to get on the piss and drive -

how f!@#ing stupid could people possibly be...? Mad
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Your not allowed to use the word "mate" anymore
Next Topic:HELP! Question on forces (Mechanical eng. problem!)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:24:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093560218811035 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.