Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon7.gif  Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 04:11 Go to next message
Howdy all,

Just got a copy of the last album by Mike Skinner (aka The Streets) - A grand don't come for free. F**k it's good - I'm not a massive hiphop/brithop fan but just thought it was brilliant, even thought the idea of a "concept album" is enough to put anyone off their weetbix.

And for those poor bastards in the "worst ever breakups" thread there's plenty of material to sing along with/cry in a darkened room to Laughing

Anyway I'm off to the offie to get some tennants super and crisps, then back to the council flat to watch the blues vs the reds.....
  Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah its not a bad album... one of my favs would have to be blinded by the lights.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like the whole album.
Esp "Your fit and you know it"
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love the streets, don't have any albums but a couple of songs on triple J hottest 100, fit but you know is gold.
missa
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont like the streets much, theres a couple of songs of theirs that i like, but i cant handle listening to the whole album, just one after the other, gets on your nerves after a while Smile
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It just goes to show that even an old banger anthem man like Skinner can have a contemporary career if they surround themselves with talent. He has got skills for lyrics though and knows how to spin a yarn.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 05:01]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boris wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 13:42

Yeah its not a bad album... one of my favs would have to be blinded by the lights.

That and "weak become heroes" are two of the best lyrical desciptions for a certain experience/state of mind I've ever heard Wink
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw em live at big day out, they were pretty good live.... tent smelled suspicously like a banned herb though Laughing
but yeh they were good live, sound just like they should
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate the whole big day out smelt like banned herbs Wink
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea for his first album he recorded it in has basment and u can apparently hear his mum say dinners ready on one of the tracks. i havent heard the song but the guy that told me about it has the album.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the album is wickid! but ive fu#king lost the cd! im pissed off! not only are they great tracks but the concept to interlink every song to tell a massive story is genius..

for those that dont know the story is about how he lost his $1000 (grand) and the dramas it leads to..its bloody tops

P.S If u have a burnt copy u will need to listen them in order the tracks were on the store copy..DUH
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
always been a fan of the streets since u heard weak become heroes, saw em play at livid a few years ago but the acoustics were shocking whicxh was a bit of a shame. songwriting though is great Very Happy

"allo allomy names terry and i'm a law abider theres nothing that i like more than getting fired up on beer and when the weekends here i excercise my right to get paralytic and fight!"

that'd be one of my fave lines but one of the best songs i'd have to say would be "turn the page"
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Tue, 31 May 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
praise the lord for http://mininova.org

top album Smile

Eldar.O.
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Sun, 05 June 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i reckon its an awesome CD, i dont know why some critics flamed it. Whats the name of the song that goes something like: I saw this thing on MTV the other week, says if she plays with her hair shes probably keen? Man that song is the bomb
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: Dry your eyes mate, Sun, 05 June 2005 16:39 Go to previous message
That song is called, Could well be in,

the streets are the awesomest people and have wikid music

i have both albums damn they good
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Biatch I izn't yo babys DaDDy!!!
Next Topic:the indonesian version of monopoly
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 22:38:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084071159362793 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.