Toymods » General Car Talk » Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Tue, 31 May 2005 11:18 Go to next message
just thought i would comment on something i saw today

petty lower than $ 1.00 !!! OMG !!! driving hoome today , pennant hills and epping shells both had petrol for 98.5 ! and then u minus your 4c off it ! thats 94.5 ! thats awesome, now i can afford to change higher than 2500prm !!!

tell us the cheapest ppl have seen atm, and when its gonna scream back up to the hideous 120.9 level !!!!!

oh yeh and dont forget the story , dont buy BP or CALTEX !

nick.
  Send a private message to this user    
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Tue, 31 May 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stable at 111.9 up here, actually went down about a week ago from 112.9 Shocked

but i dont have a running car at the moment, so i cant take advantage of it Sad
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Tue, 31 May 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah prices went down a bit since the price of crude oil went down. I imagine that this wont be for long my friend.

Answering your question it is was $1 in Eastern Suburbs at the Shell (not after the 4c discount)

Regards
Eddy
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Tue, 31 May 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been buying fuel for the last 2 weeks or so in SA for 99.9 on the board. this equated to 109.4 for ultimate Wink

dont buy from BP?! are you nuts? ultimate is the best !!! Cool
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Tue, 31 May 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you not heard the reason to high fuel prices ( apart from oil prices ) ???

BP and CALTEX have the largest refineries and pump out the most petrol, and there has been a national strategy of not to buy these petrols,
therefore they will have to lower their benchmarks and hence lowering the price of petrol in the other companies !
so the outcome for everyone is a lower price of petrol ! they are saying the companies could sell it for 80c a litre and still make healthy profits, so u can imagine what they are making with 112.9 prices !!!

total joke, but hey we need it, so we'll pay what they charge for it i guess

nick.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Tue, 31 May 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcome to Queensland we start to really kick a fuss when it gets to 95c
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Tue, 31 May 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
100.9 here in Newcastle on the way home, hopefully it drops below a dollar soon. Although 98 octane is still ridiculously expensive.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Tue, 31 May 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i been filling up every tuesday for 97.5 at the most at a woolies servo wif out any discount. i got it for as low as 93.9 on night, it tends to be cheaper at night infact.
its the woolies servo on that road that intercepts mamre road. UWS Penrith is down from it. but its jus b4 the uws bridge thing, coming from mamre road.
i cant remember the road but its where u turn off the m4 at mamre road then go right away from elizebeth drive. oww, i wish i could remember, sum1 help me out ehre.

well dat servo is cheap anyway, cheapest i seen on north shore n west.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Tue, 31 May 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been filling up at 98, 99 cents lately...

not that i even bother looking, just notice on the way home from the bowser...

the big sign thingys...

the way i see it... i need it anyway, and im lucky enough to be making enough to be able to comfortably not care Smile

Eldar.O.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Tue, 31 May 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want the price to go up to $2
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in camp hill it was 99.8 for bp ultimate... and i think the regular was in the high 80's something likie 89.9... it was a highlight of the day
Bozza
Regular

September 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw it at 88c yesterday. I havn't seen it over 95c the past week. hehe
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GBC_069 wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 21:45

BP and CALTEX have the largest refineries and pump out the most petrol, and there has been a national strategy of not to buy these petrols,
therefore they will have to lower their benchmarks and hence lowering the price of petrol in the other companies !
so the outcome for everyone is a lower price of petrol ! they are saying the companies could sell it for 80c a litre and still make healthy profits, so u can imagine what they are making with 112.9 prices !!!

nick.

Well, I guess thanks to people like me the price of petrol is high huh? I just paid 110.9 for BP Ultimate. $57 to fill up my tank. Quit whinging.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh i paid 122.9 cents to fill up with ultimate the other day then came back and filled it up again 4 days later at 114.9, hmmm first time was around 50 bucks second time 40 bucks, i couldn't give a rats as long as i enjoy using the petty i will pay whatever to fill up.
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I paid 115.9 on the weekend (don't buy petrol on the weekends in Adelaide!)
A couple of weeks back I saw the BP was selling unleaded for 114.9 and drove round the corner to the shell where I filled up earlier that day and they were still at 102.7! 12.2 cents difference and there probably less then a k form each other Shocked

WTF is with that???
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually now that ive thought about it, these prices probably havent changed at all, all they have done over the past 10years is keep up with the inflation rate.

i havent done the maths on this our budding accountant corona_RT142 might be able to help us here

so then why arent people complaining about the cost of paddlepops then? cause in my day u could buy them for 30c

hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lachie wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 11:13

I paid 115.9 on the weekend (don't buy petrol on the weekends in Adelaide!)
A couple of weeks back I saw the BP was selling unleaded for 114.9 and drove round the corner to the shell where I filled up earlier that day and they were still at 102.7! 12.2 cents difference and there probably less then a k form each other Shocked

WTF is with that???

saw the same thing yesterday... caltex at 112c p/l and i was thinking oh SHIT its risen again.. down the road BP was 98.4..

mind you i filled 98 ultimate early this week for 102.4cpl Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 14:24

actually now that ive thought about it, these prices probably havent changed at all, all they have done over the past 10years is keep up with the inflation rate.

i havent done the maths on this our budding accountant corona_RT142 might be able to help us here

so then why arent people complaining about the cost of paddlepops then? cause in my day u could buy them for 30c

i think the problem is rob your right but the inflation hasn't been at a slow rate, up until say 5 years ago the price had remained constant, however it started rising all of a sudden and now we have seen a price hike of 30-40c in a short period of time rather than rising with inflation
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh the beauty of 'compounding', use it wisely and you'll never have to complain about the price of anything ever again.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prices should be lower than they are

oil is like the lowest it has been in about 10 years

Neutral
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it has more to do with the middle easts perception of the western world in the current political climate and nothing to do with inflation.

i.e. they thinks were dicks so they've jacked up the price of crude oil, and everyone knows crude oil makes petrol (along with some other things) when you distill it.
Lachie
Regular

January 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oil prices aren't low! It about 35 to 40 us dollars a barrell. It's gone up about 10 to 15 dollars since the US invaded Iraq and thats why we are paying so much

We pay about 55% or 48% tax (none of which goes back into maintinaing our roads) on petty as well, so if we could change that then we could get heaps cheaper petrol
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GBC_069 wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 21:15

nick.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

dude that is a CHAIN email saying all that crap about who is the biggest etc, i got the same thing saying mobil and ampol, in all seriousness it is BULLSHIT, mobil USED to own the refinery here, but it doesnt matter, i dont go to mobil, never have never will, Bp ultimate and all their sub companies are good!!

bp ultimate seems to be the best, they dont have the 4c discount but doesnt faze most...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lachie wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 16:35

oil prices aren't low! It about 35 to 40 us dollars a barrell. It's gone up about 10 to 15 dollars since the US invaded Iraq and thats why we are paying so much

We pay about 55% or 48% tax (none of which goes back into maintinaing our roads) on petty as well, so if we could change that then we could get heaps cheaper petrol

mate the price of oil is floating around 50-52 us a barrel get your facts straight, just imagine the shit we'd be in if the aussie dollar was still 49c us
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call me a winger !!! but it doesnt really matter, i dont see why the different states can have soo much ripping off control over us!
also dont see it fair that we have that many locally owned gas resources and oil and yet our prices are still regulated by OPEC! and america ! still driving around in their 8 banger trucks !!! with fuel like 15.0c a litre (guesstimate) hows that work aye! oh well !!!!

oh and as for it being under a 1.00 yesterday i will now say i missed out on those prices as i was gonna fill up today but yet again in the space of 12hrs it has gone from 98.9 to 114.9 across a range of stations !!

nick.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 14:24

I do ever since that nickle back guy made them popular with all the teeny bopper girls "wanting to suck the paddle pop off" they begin profiteering from them in efforts to take over the world.

I really did bitch about the price of paddle pops a few weeks ago Razz
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah how gay back up almost 16 cents overnight
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
98.9 for unleaded and ultimate at just 110.9.
Stable everyday.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if we all garaged our cars n bought bikes, we would save shit loads of money and have a hell of a lot more fun. ahahahah...

i want a bike, but i like a pulse too...
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent call , i think i told myself that if petty reached 2.00 a litre i would do that at the close of this year !!! get a 250cc !!! hmm yeh that ll do me till i fall off and want more power aye ! Laughing

nick//
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i filled up on tuesday for 97.9c Shocked

Haven't seen a price like that in a fair while...look forward to it hopefully cooling off a little Razz
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Wed, 01 June 2005 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 00:34

yeh i filled up on tuesday for 97.9c Shocked

Haven't seen a price like that in a fair while...look forward to it hopefully cooling off a little Razz

Went around Campsie Bankstown Berala and out west to Blacktown.
Everyhwere was between 97 and 99.9c for regular unleaded Very Happy
Yeah let's hope!
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Thu, 02 June 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well we do all sorts of dum mods to our cars, imagine bolting on sum power to a bike... would be fun as hell. lol

i think petrol seems to be coming down, i only rarely see it above 105 the last few days. even those two big servos on the m4 down b4 wallgrove road exit coming from city havent been that high. they usually rip it in price cause they can...
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Thu, 02 June 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate in Venuzala washes his car with petrol and rinses it with water, because the petrol is US$0.06/Litre and the water is US$2.00 a litre.

He rekons the most he has ever paid to fill is truck (Bravo) is about US$8.

Bottled water is also more expensive than beer.

And the ratio of men to women is about 1:6 or something.

Hrmmm might head over there Razz

I'd rather cheap water and expensive petrol though.
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Thu, 02 June 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the period of 8 hrs . pennant hills + epping

98.9c/l morning -------------------------- 114.9c/l arvo

now you cant tell me the price of barreled oil went up like $8.00 in that 8 hrs can u ???

man count me in on that !!! recon we can tanker ship some back to australia dude ??!!!

nick.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Thu, 02 June 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I always complain about that, I also like to complain about how a Bubble-o-Bill is much smaller than they were when I was a youngen.

Should be cool when petrol becomes uber rare like on the Mad Max movies Laughing
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Thu, 02 June 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah let's organise a bulk-buy on a petrol tanker lol Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Thu, 02 June 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 14:52

I always complain about that, I also like to complain about how a Bubble-o-Bill is much smaller than they were when I was a youngen.

u know what i think your right, those FVCKERS!!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Thu, 02 June 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and they used to only cost like 80 cents to, not that i have had one in a long time, but i'd be betting they are atleast $1.50 by now.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Saw something weird today !!! petrol below $1.00 Fri, 03 June 2005 01:43 Go to previous message
wen i was in china u could buy paddle pops for like 30c aussie, and venice ice cream, which over here cost like 4$, for like 40c. it was crazy..!! and those magnum ice creams for like 60c. u can geuss wat was for breakfast lunch and dinner than? Razz

i say we buy a tanker, fill it wif crates of ice cream, and then stop by in Venuzala and fit wat fuel we can. LOL

ill put in. anyone else?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:opinions on what car
Next Topic:Painting a Celica!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:09:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098979473114014 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.