Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
icon10.gif  the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Sun, 05 June 2005 04:51 Go to next message

22re Power do those two things go together[ 72 vote(s) ]
1.It will blow up on the dyno 10 / 14%
2.You'll Chicken out at the last minute and not put it on 5 / 7%
3.30-40rwkw 14 / 19%
4.40-50rwkw 11 / 15%
5.50-55rwkw 11 / 15%
6.55-60rwkw 7 / 10%
7.60-65rwkw (you gotta be kidding) 4 / 6%
8.65-70rwkw (WTF are you smoking boy) 4 / 6%
9.The dyno operators won't let it on cos wif the massiv low down torque of the 22r it might break the dyno 6 / 8%

Well toymods 11 biannual dyno day is coming up and for shits and giggles i might be throwing my mighty corona on the dyno. One bog stock bar mild suspension changes 1985 Toyota Corona CSI 5 speed manual powered by the mighty 22re 2.4L efi engine.
This car has covered the world 20 times over clocking up 412000km recently yay Shocked.
So heres the sitch, lets have a test to see who can guess the power output closest to what it achieves, stock the 22re puts out a mind boggling 87kw and 198Nm of torque at 2800rpm and 4400rpm respectively Very Happy .
This equates to 60.9rwkw(30% drivetrain loss), 69.6kw (20% drivetrain loss). The car had its last rebuild around some 180000km ago and is starting to blow a bit of smoke above 3000rpm.
My first guess is somewhere around 50rwkw (the pessimistic accountant in me) while JCMF says 41.7rwkw he's just trying to humour me (i think probably not). Rolling Eyes
<----------- thats the mighty 22re there, i challenge anyone with a stock 5me, 4ac or 4kc to come and see who can achieve the worst rwkw per litre

[Updated on: Sun, 03 July 2005 09:27]

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who the hell voted 65-70rwkw it wasn't me Surprised and who said it'd blow up on the dyno, i mean it s a toyota can that really happen.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2005 05:46]

unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
22.3 kilowatts of pure muscle.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha ha ha your on my 4afc thats 4afc did 48.9 KW last dyno day lets c which one wins lol Laughing Laughing
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
50-55 from me
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
46.2 for me
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 17:55

ha ha ha your on my 4afc thats 4afc did 48.9 KW last dyno day lets c which one wins lol Laughing Laughing

challenge accepted, whats the wager (pie, lunch or beer) i should ask my uncle if i can grab the exhaust he had on the car before he sold it to me, huge muffler with twin 3-4inch outlets. Help expel the smoke, mind you its hardly a fair contest cos you have the massive cannon i don't care if i've got an 800cc advantage it makes up for it instantly.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2005 09:55]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats with the little confidence in me and the car, i mean 5 say its gonna blow up and one reckons i'm not even gonna front sif, i have excepted the challenge, oh and for warm ups the car will be driven to wakefield park and back the day before and possibly hit old pac and wisemans ferry the weekend before if it dies it gonna go down in style i tell ya.
And to those claiming 22.3rwkw come on its not that bad sure it's old sure it blows smoke but it turns the treads and pulls very strongly up hills. i mean it conquered the hill for the easter event with style.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2005 10:24]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm the challenge was for stock cars too but i guess cos its puzzleman i'll let it fly, i swear we need to get some more stockers there just for fun.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 19:52

whats with the little confidence in me and the car, i mean 5 say its gonna blow up and one reckons i'm not even gonna front sif

you're the one who put those options there Razz

disclaimer: i selected 50-55
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only cos then someone would complain that i didn't add them to the poll like rob, and then he'd start a poll saying is this thread the p00. Plus i accept my car is a heap of shit and just play along for fun. But whats even more fun when that heap of shit wipes the smiles off ppl's faces who have been mocking it.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 20:35

only cos then someone would complain that i didn't add them to the poll like rob, and then he'd start a poll saying is this thread the p00.

Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2005 11:09]

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

thats the mighty 22re there, i challenge anyone with a stock 5me, 4ac or 4kc to come and see who can achieve the worst rwkw per litre

your on!!!

il run the mighty 4K-C powered ke70!! Very Happy

does panel damage increase rwkw?? haha
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i get a new job in time for dyno day i will put my rona on the dyno and we'll have a rona competion Very Happy

ST141 vs. RT142

cheers
chris
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i think the 4kc will beat me for worst power per litre i have driven my sis's ke70 and it sucks balls oh rona on rona competition eh bring it on too bad if the 2sc pulls more than a bigger motor now that'd be an embarrassment.

hmmm the results of the poll show very little faith in the 22re majority of ppl say it will either blow up or only produce <40rwkw, hmmmm that means its dropped 30kw+ from the factory figure at the fly wheel. And to the 4 goons that reckon its gonna hit 65-70rwkw i sure hope it does but i doubt it Very Happy .

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2005 00:05]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 05 June 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we'll have to get all the shitters together run them one after the other and film em who's got a video camera, i just wanna see how much smoke billows from the exhausts. Does the exhaust generally face in or out of the workshop cos i think there walls will be black by the end of the day if it faces inwards Very Happy
Wheres the sprinter boys when you need em, theres gotta be some 4ac's coming, oh and anyone with a stock 86kw 4age is welcome to, would be funny to see the difference in rwkw considering the two engine are rated 86kw and 87kw from the factory.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2005 23:53]

Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no way in hell that its gonna blow up on the dyno.. c'mon! its a 22R! all of the R series engines r tough as. as for power out-put... i would guess anywhere between 40-55, also depends on how much oil it burns Smile Have you done anything to it? like a filter or exauhst?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope as I said stock as a rock Very Happy though the day before it might get a wash, run some stop smoke and injector cleaner thru it on the drive down to wakefield. And for giggles some octane booster and Bp ultimate. Maybe we should use moth balls j/ks then it might blow up on the dyno Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2005 01:51]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much power does a mouse in an excersise wheel make ?
divide that by two and you have ur answer !

j/k
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still more than your sa63 with a 2sc j/k, ps i know you have another one with a 1ggte. after its dynoed i want you to show me the sheet for your mouse Laughing then we'll know if its true or not
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm who are these ppl that are calling me a chicken that will not front, fez up.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll run you in my soarer

should be a close matchup on the dyno
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf thats hardly fair but wth your on, i mean you have a 1ggte soarer i know its auto but i am talking hear a commercial hilux engine thrown into a corona yay. The more shitters the better, plus its less embarassing for me cos otherwise i'd be the only one.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate has an RA65 and i was pretty impressed by the power it has.
I've no idea about what power figures to expect tho.

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 13:21

wtf thats hardly fair but wth your on,

hehehe

yeah i was only joking man Smile

but it's all good fun. See you at the dyno day!
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 13:16

hmmm who are these ppl that are calling me a chicken that will not front, fez up.

i did just to stir Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i realise some ppl would do that and it just encourages me to actually go thru with it and throw it on the rollers, i serioulsy want a vid of it though, its gonna be funny. New option added just for laughs Wink who voted it

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2005 04:01]

September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted 55-60kw, as my 2S-C with dodgy everything, auto transmission in ST141 Corona turned about 54kw at the Melbourne dyno day last year.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i think i should beat that by a bit, maybe 5-10kw yay,
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had removed the air filter though... Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh thats neglible difference Evil or Very Mad
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uh, 60rwkw is like 100hp at the engine, no way in hell, witzl's 18RG with 45mm webers made 60rwkw i think
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well they are rated to 115hp at the engine stock. Very Happy
Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Mon, 06 June 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
runnin no air filter?, sounds like one of my lil performance upgrades Very Happy
115hp isn't too bad! good enough to drift i'de say Rolling Eyes , if mine did have it stock, it doesn't have it now, i think its time 4 a rebuild, tough motor though mines up to 430,000kms and counting. but ahh see if ya can get the wheels spinning on the dyno.. only jokin, but i hope it turns out some big numbers Razz cuz im interested in what they actually have after they've been thrashed a bit.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Fri, 01 July 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well its two days to the dyno day, and tomorrow i will clean the car to be ready, can't have it dirty you no. exterior is pretty clean just spruce up the tyres and plastic and vacuum inside i think.
So the answer shall be known what 413000km has done to this cars power output. Had a ball last sunday on the cruise up wise man's ferry road and back down old pac and certainly wasn't caught for speed their, plenty of squirt coming out of the bends.
Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: corona power guess how much the mighty 22re can put out? Sun, 03 July 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8611/22redynorun4qm.th.jpg
63.2kw not bad for a car thats done so many kays have a look at the af ratio not too bad considering its still the stock ecu and has never been touched.
beat a 86kw 4ag and an 18rgu thats rated with 5 more hp from the factory, plus my curve was a lot fatter than theres ie peak power for longer.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Mon, 04 July 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to bad mate only one person picked it LOL
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Mon, 04 July 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the classic bit about it, oh and who were the knobs that voted after the dyno sheet had been posted and still got the answer wrong fess up. I know cos there were 65 votes when i posted it and now there is 67.

And to the ppl who claimed it'd blow up low and behold it made no noise on the dyno whatsoever all you could hear was the fans and rollers spinning. But then again by my calcs the peak power was recorded around 4.2krpm hehe nothing.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 July 2005 06:26]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Mon, 04 July 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like something was played with there, maybe your wang was played with,

so.................what jetting did u use on the NOS kit
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Mon, 04 July 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask anyone that was there stock as rock nothing touched, ffs i wasn't even in the dyno room when they did it, standing outside and had no idea what it put out cos karl was still sleeping at that stage hence no monitor, the guy drove my car back out parked it walked back and was handed the dyno sheet and i am like hmmm thats nice, for reference a 100kw ag with no mods out 71.4fwkw so its not like it was a generous dyno.
Hehe i beat one 18rg in a black ra28 by 2rwkw and lost to an rx impreza with a zorst by .1 of a kw Evil or Very Mad
The 22re is alive and healthy no tricks no booooshit so there.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Mon, 04 July 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, i did the calcs in my head wrong {bad brain, bad}

thats a healthy 22RE, what rpm was max power at

thats 84.7525928rwhp

what was done to the 18RG
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Mon, 04 July 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty much stock i think but had been tuned the day before still had very average afr compared to my car which has pretty damn impressive ones for a car that has never been touched.

Factory claims peak power at 4.4krpm but by my calc from the graph its at a measily 4krpm hehe. Its geared pretty much at 30kpmh per 1000rpm in fourth so i'd like to see em actually rev it just a tad more to see if it picked up again or continues to drop off.
More or less though considering the thrashing the car cops and that it drinks oil like no tomorrow (valve stem seals it think but CBF to fix) its running well and damn healthy.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Mon, 04 July 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woah you could really burn some cheese in that beast.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Mon, 04 July 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude grow up and your comments might actually be valued when you get a car, considering your estimate was only short by lets see 41kw i'd shut up.
Why don't you show up to a toymods cruise i'll take you for a run and then we'll see what you say, combination of decent power nice power curve light car and good organic matter behind the wheel make this car move along pretty well.
Infact why don't ytou call someone from canberra that owns no other than a 3sgte FWD white st162 and ask what he thinks of me and the rona.
Or the passenger of the Corolla sportivo last weekend. There response at the stop was nothing more than wtf is in that rona. Infact even more than three months after the easter event at the dyno day yesterday they came up to me and are still bemused that i climbed macquarie pass as quick as i did.
see theres this thing that isn't shown on a dyno or that respected its called torque and the 22re packs more of it than pretty much any hatch this side of a clio sport in a light body, and it peaks at a mere 2800rpm meaning its on call whenever you want it.
Wanna climb a steep in hill in 5th at 100kph no prob. Evil or Very Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Mon, 04 July 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf why are ppl sill voting thats another five and only three got it right rofl.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Tue, 05 July 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 20:20

dude grow up and your comments might actually be valued when you get a car, considering your estimate was only short by lets see 41kw i'd shut up.
Why don't you show up to a toymods cruise i'll take you for a run and then we'll see what you say, combination of decent power nice power curve light car and good organic matter behind the wheel make this car move along pretty well.
Infact why don't ytou call someone from canberra that owns no other than a 3sgte FWD white st162 and ask what he thinks of me and the rona.
Or the passenger of the Corolla sportivo last weekend. There response at the stop was nothing more than wtf is in that rona. Infact even more than three months after the easter event at the dyno day yesterday they came up to me and are still bemused that i climbed macquarie pass as quick as i did.
see theres this thing that isn't shown on a dyno or that respected its called torque and the 22re packs more of it than pretty much any hatch this side of a clio sport in a light body, and it peaks at a mere 2800rpm meaning its on call whenever you want it.
Wanna climb a steep in hill in 5th at 100kph no prob. Evil or Very Mad

Are you talking to me? because if you are i was being serious...as in i was surprised...genually.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: the result is in after 413077km the rona and its bog stock 22re put out 63.2rwkw Tue, 05 July 2005 09:45 Go to previous message
ok Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Forza RA28 Replica of the new mustang
Next Topic:Windows XP Question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:11:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094478130340576 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.