Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » The Champ Has Fallen.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 00:00 Go to next message
Did anyone here watch the kostya fight?

I am extremely dissapointed - talk about un-Australian to throw in the towell after the 11th. For f@#$s sake it is 3 more minutes - and he was still in the fight. Then he still had enough energy to stand up and congratulate him... if he could stand up then he should have fought, you should be on a stretcher before you throw the towell.

The whole situation reaks - especially seeing as Hatton was something like 60-1 to win in the 12th.
  Send a private message to this user    
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They said that the Ref convinced Kostya not to come out. Bit dodgy. I was extremely disappointed. Thought Kostya as invincible. Sad
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
APparently his trainer called it, Kostya wanted to fight on... He'll be back - he will retire as the champ.

The other things is how piss poor was it that those pommie bastards booed our national anthem. Shame on them.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kostya is a great fighter and an absolute champion of the sport

a real gentleman like Rafter

much respect
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 10:09

They said that the Ref convinced Kostya not to come out. Bit dodgy. I was extremely disappointed. Thought Kostya as invincible. Sad

So did I!

But I think he is getting on in the years now. He should retire while he's still at the top.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell me about it. I thought it was pretty poor. Reminded me of the Davis Cup affair in Spain. So dodgy when fans do that. Sad
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do i smell sour disappointment??

Kostya is still a hero mate, and everyone i have talked to so far feels the same. Just cos he doesnt win doenst mean you shouldnt support him.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn straight he's a hero... Anybody read/hear about what happened at the weigh in? He weighed in at 50g's over the 63.5kg limit so he returned 50 minutes later without any underwear and weighed in at a perfect weight. Evil or Very Mad
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 10:24

do i smell sour disappointment??

Kostya is still a hero mate, and everyone i have talked to so far feels the same. Just cos he doesnt win doenst mean you shouldnt support him.

Dude, I wasnt saying what Kostya did was poor. I was talking about the crowd. I agree with you 100% in that he is a hero. And a gentleman. He is one of my most admired and liked sports persons. Even if he loses every fight from now on, he will still be a hero in my books. He has re-written the boxing records so many times.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was kostya who called it, but as it was the trainer, and kostya wanted to fight on, he still has my respect.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He's 10 years older than that pommie bloke isn't he?
AJ200
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kostya is a champion. He is a gentleman compared to the other loud mouthed fu*kwits (ie Mundine) .

It still shits me that he lost.. didn't want to believe it!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Dude, I wasnt saying what Kostya did was poor.

wasnt aimed at you, it was aimed at the first post Razz

More has been said since then, so comment isnt really valid now, other than Kostya is a legend Smile
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh it was a great effort but it just wasnt Kostyas night,he was definately out boxed and as expected in typical Tszyu style he took his loss with dignity!

Now im looking forward to seeing Mundine finally fight someone with a bit of ability and hopefully get knocked! Laughing
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mundine V Green.... now when the hell will that happen?

As for Kostya, he is a true champion, galant in both victory and defeat. He is held very high in my books and is a prime example of a true sportsperson
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
his trainer convinced him?

more like somesort of multimilliondollar backcheque. kostya is a champ and no amount of words would convince him to stop a fight.. a large cheque on the other hand.. everyone would accept, i dont blame him for that but its a shame thats what boxing is about these days Nope
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 19:53

his trainer convinced him?

more like somesort of multimilliondollar backcheque. kostya is a champ and no amount of words would convince him to stop a fight.. a large cheque on the other hand.. everyone would accept, i dont blame him for that but its a shame thats what boxing is about these days Nope

keep dreaming. He got 5.4 mill or something from the fight alone, like he'd want anymore money. Unless you're saying that the money from just fighting was making him content. Great fighter, getting on in age though, he can't be in prime forever. Hatton seemed kinda dirty on the day (Low blow, constant back of head punches etc.) so I've got no respect for him whatsoever. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks
Troy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Mon, 06 June 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasnt the score just before he threw in the towel something like 107 to 102??

From the way Hatton was all over him you can certainly see just how clean a boxer Kostya is, to still be up there with the number of clean hits Smile
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The Champ Has Fallen. Tue, 07 June 2005 00:10 Go to previous message
Kostya got a fair few warnings for back of the head too - but as for the low blows he got called on - the guys belt was up under his arm pits steve urkel style. But the retaliation (which he has openly admitted to) was just fucking low.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dilema.....Job Wise
Next Topic:why celica = cicely mosquito...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:06:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008613109588623 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.