Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toy.car
Regular

January 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
desparate for more speed in the GT4. yes desparate measures had to be taken back then need cash. but sh-t happens, just wipe and flush and move on..

i use the gt4 for club level motor sport 3rd place 1999 3rd place 2003 at collingrove SA. personal best 35.82 sec. with this time puts me in the top 15 cars. out of 90 cars running.

im looking for a new low temp. TRD therdmostat 71 c. for the gt4 where? what cost? email me
any one try a 1mm head gasket?

i have found the gt4 to be a strong car built too out last the other trubo 4wd 2 litres out there.

the only part that as let me down (alot) has been the wheel bearings. they are to small for the weight of the car. (as soon as you hear a bearing hum) REPLACE IT ASAP because they destrot the hub so fast. thats the only real fault i found.

any one else found any on going faults?

other parts that i have broken
power steering pump
clutch box (under the dash above the pedal) it snaped in half.
fuel tank pulled it self apart on the race track (dumped half a tank on the track.

im not listing throw away parts like clutch, spark plugs, wheel bearings, brake pades ect ect they are replacements.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 June 2005 04:53]

Send a private message to this user    
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont know about a 1mm gasket
running a 2mm copper HG in mine
no probs with it Very Happy

cheers Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toy.car wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 14:36

desparate for more speed in the GT4. yes desparate measures had to be taken back then need cash. but sh-t happens, just wipe and flush and move on..

i use the gt4 for club level motor sport 3rd place 1999 3rd place 2003 at collingrove SA. personal best 35.82 sec. with this time puts me in the top 15 cars. out of 90 cars running.

im looking for a new low temp. TRD therdmostat 71 c. for the gt4 where? what cost? email me
any one try a 1mm head gasket?

i have found the gt4 to be a strong car built too out last the other trubo 4wd 2 litres out there.

the only part that as let me down (alot) has been the wheel bearings. they are to small for the weight of the car. (as soon as you hear a bearing hum) REPLACE IT ASAP because they destrot the hub so fast. thats the only real fault i found.

any one else found any on going faults?

power steering pump
fuel tank pulled it self apart on the race track (dumped half a tank on the track.

im not listing throw away parts like clutch, spark plugs, wheel bearings, brake pades ect ect they are replacements.

My power steering pump is a bit on the noisy side... wasn't too worried about it and was just going to replace it when the engine comes out.
Haven't noticed any wheel bearing problems as yet.
Gone through lots of throw away parts though.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to replace wheel bearings. Mainly passenger side for some reason. Rear diff cushion was done and gone through a couple of clutches but thats expected.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah big-end bearing went on mine - which subsequenty stuffed both the crank and the conrod.

Aside from that - radiator top tank shat itself (for some reason unknown to me!) and for some reason one of the bolts that held the front right brake caliper onto the strut fell out.... Confused
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive had a hum coming from the driver side rear, i believe it is a wheel bearing. I better get it fixed soon, i have driven the car for 3,900km since the accident, loving every bit, just waiting on tein's and brakes to rock up. Very Happy

also need some wheels, damn its hard to find good 5x100 wheels with a 35+offset.

How is everyone's cars coming along??

Very Happy
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 23 June 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I just did that - and I thought I was special Razz

well I got a month out of the car, I cant complain Rolling Eyes

cheers Very Happy
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1gt48u wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 08:31

I just did that - and I thought I was special Razz

well I got a month out of the car, I cant complain Rolling Eyes

cheers Very Happy

Hehehehe, ive been lucky i guess, had some good times so far, but mine is bog stock, hehehehe.

Hopefully it wont have to go off road for a long period of time when i do the engine rebuild Razz Rolling Eyes

Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know where to get well priced comp grade valves and springs for the 3SGTE???

Currently looking at over $1000AU for Ferrea 6000 valves, dual springs, aluminium magnesium retainers and seats.
Thats without buckets or shims.

Toda have a kit with springs, seats, retainers, buckets and shims but it seems pricey considering the buckets and shims are pretty pointless to anyone doing a gen3... plus valves aren't included.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys may or may not have heard but my red GT4...err GT8 just laid down 320.9rwkw on 13psi boost...that was the back up run from 313rwkw on 11psi a coupla days before.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 13:52

You guys may or may not have heard but my red GT4...err GT8 just laid down 320.9rwkw on 13psi boost...that was the back up run from 313rwkw on 11psi a coupla days before.

Pretty impressive!
Still with stock internals isn't it???
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 24 June 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR F*cking car! Just got home and smelt that stomach churning coolant smell, to notice that my car was pissing coolant all down the driveway... From what I can see it looks as if the bottom tank of the radiator has sprung a leak, the top one has been replaced already, now the bottom one goes! Car was too hot to tell properly, so I gotta rip it out later on.

On the bright side, I hope this is the explanation for my slight coolant loss/leak the car has been suffering, rather than water pump or head gasket.
Although knowing this car, its probably just another completely coincidental problem! Mad Mad Mad
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 25 June 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justen gt4, thats awsome, do u have a list of all ur mods sumwhere i can have a look at?

very interested to see how that was done. have u been down the quarter or got a 0-100 time yet?

next question:
guys im looking to get more speed out of my st165. what are the mods u tend to do after u get basic exhaust, boost controler, and intake setup??

does any1 think that getting one of those 3sgte turbo manifolds off ebay would be a good starting mod to get done with the exhaust, or would the money be better spent elsewhere.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the intercooler setup would be the next point of call - though id be focussing on making the car able to handle greater power and speed more than diving in the deep end - no point having a car capable of 250 KMH + if you cant stop it - nor turn onto a corner when it comes up ..
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes understood.

although in my situation, the car is already really low and stiff so handling isnt a problem as yet, could use some rear swayabars down the track and some better tyres, but bodyroll is practically illiminated so far, and understeer is minimal.

breaks are sweet too, nice and tight.

other question i had was if any1 had used the custom 3sgte turbo manifolds?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=43808&item=4557819368&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW

any comments, good bad or otherwise?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not here - all things point to it beint adequite for the most part ( the standard one , that is ) youd be better off upgrading the turbo strapped to it - then the manifold itself ..

or investing in brakes
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra -> What shocks/alignment settings are you running? What's the static ride height and the what maximum suspension travel have you got? What brake pads and rotors you running, are you able to adjust the brake bias? When was the last time your brake fluid was replaced? How much power are you making at the moment? What kind of clutch are you running? What kind of driving are you planning on prepping the car for?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What rate is your sway bar f/r? What tyres are you running (profile, brand/compound)? What diffs are you running (standard I presume)? Any modifications to the struts or suspension arms (strengthening or otherwise?) - have you modified the chassis in anyway to improve flex? What bushes are you using? Have the rear ball-joints/rose joints been checked lately?

and so the list goes on.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh also I thought that ST165s have the single entry CT26, that manifold looks like twin-entry? (although I admit I didn't look very closely at the whole ad to check if they do offer a single entry turbo manifold).
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 26 June 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will have to get in contact with previous owner for that sorta info, as i didnt do the suspension stuff.

as for the twin entry manifold, thats something i was looking at myself, as the add rekons they fit on a gen 1 3sgte, yet it wasnt till the st185 which got the twin entry turbo? correct me if im wrong, but i think it was the 185 and the supra which had the twin entrys. thought that was a bit suss myself.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey TOOBs, yup stock internals...gotta love that.

carsandactra - check out the members rides thread, plenty of detail there to read thru RE the evolution of the beast
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the pedalbox is fixed and back in Very Happy
now its time for bigger front brakes - justen I will
be in touch shortly

cheers Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And i have a completed frontmount piping setup as of today - AND IT WORKS ! for the short trips in town to bring her home- intake charge temp didn not crest 20 degrees , mind you i havent wound her up uet as its still not clamped in correctly.. but one happy camper here atm - the piping into the core JUST fitted by the skin of the teeth Wink Anyone doing a gt4 fropntmount might wanna look at shorter end tanks or shorter core to give a bit more freedom to the swap and less fiddlyness in the end
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Replaced my radiator with a new one today, only set me back $308 so I'm happy with that. Also replaced the thermostat while I was at it, but unfortunately as I would have guessed, there's more problems Sad. There's a steady stream of coolant leaking down the engine, its kinda running along the top edge bit of the sump and dripping out, its not the thermostat housing or lower hose, logical thing would be the water pump I reckon. *Sigh* time to take it somewhere tomorrow and bend over!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra -> the site says it fits Gen 1 and Gen 2 SW20s not Gen 1 and Gen 2 3S-GTEs...the SW20 never came with a Gen 1 3S engine in it afaik, nor did ST185s.
-Totenkopf-
Regular

November 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Recently taken ownership of spectrals GT4..

Body, and especially interior, are a bit rough, but I guess not out of sorts for the age of the car. Front guard looks like the alps and stone chips galore, a heap of them after a bit of a cruise over the weekend, which reminds me, windscreen needs a small crack repaired.

Basic run down:

Rebuilt engine <2000km old.
* New oversize pistons
* Full chemical block clean, bore and hone
* 3 angle valve job, pressure test head and beadblast
* Hastings rings
* Kings main and rod bearings
* ARP headstud kit
* TRD Metal head gasket
* Every new seal and gasket (inc front and rear main)
* Waterpump
* Oil pump
* Gutted TVIS

ST205 Gearbox
ST205 Clutch (12000km old)
Aussie Exhaust 3" HPC dump-pipe
Aussie Exhaust 3" Front pipe, Cat, mid pipe
Front mount intercooler with HPC 2.25 and 2.5" mild steel piping
Group A Front bumper and support bar freshly professionally painted (though it appears to be missing a bit of paint now, god knows why/how)
ROH Strada 17x7.5 alloy wheels
Bridgestone Firenza 215x40 ZR17 tyres, 75-80% tread
Eibach springs
Custom gas dampers (monroe internals)
Fresh Shadow Castrol Livery Replica Vinyls
Tinted Windows (that could really use retinting)
2 point Immoboliser with keyless central locking
Odessey Dry Cell battery with custom brackety
High amperage power and earth wires, with top range gold terminals
Various custom bracketry and stainless steel radiator overflow bottle

Only pic after I took posession is: http://img247.echo.cx/my.php?image=pugssuck007a5cv .jpg

Some that spectral had taken are at:
http://web.aanet.com.au/spectral/photos/recent/

Could have alot of the body blemishes fixed for next to nothing, but then I'd have to have some of those vinyls replaced, unless there is a way to remove and then reapply them.

Pain in the arse and it pisses me off, im pretty fussy about little things Sad Bad I know. Miss my MR2 GT in a few ways and sort of wish it'd never taken a hit up the arse. But on the other hand I like a few things about the gt4 (the grip is nice, not totally used to handling dynamics yet, and how the hell do you launch one of these.. Gave it a goo and failed miserably, just did what I used to do in the mr2, up to 4grand and drop it, but instead of shooting off, it just bogs right back down. Turbo lag from the front mount probably doesn't help, and the 4wd drive train probably made it bog down also, though I dont know how healthy for the clutch taking it from much higher is Neutral)

Anyhow, got a couple of niggling issues to fix, a small oil leak from somewhere and work out why it overheated whilst stationary today (thinking thermofan that failed to turn itself on? Thus just letting the car boil itself).

http://web.aanet.com.au/spectral/photos/st185.jpg
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats on your new ride.

Sounds like you got a fresh engine too. Nice find Cool

Noticed its running a WOLF 3D - is this currently in piggy back mode?
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just remembered...... you can get in some serious shit with that Marlboro sticker on your car. Im talkin big ass fines.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just rip off a bunch of letters (e.g. rlro) and you'll be sweet.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 27 June 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dyno day is getting closer
who's going??

cheers Very Happy
-Totenkopf-
Regular

November 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
past roadworthy and have driven past many coppers, no issues yet.. The WOLF 3D is a standalone plug and play ECU.. Not hooked up, running a jspec ecu.. going to wait till after bigger injectors/pump etc to have it professionally tuned.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 05:02]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think mines the only St185 on here running full standalone off the wolf ECU - theres no AFM , no stock ecu , no nothing left - all gone!

prick to start in the AM but we know why now - and shallbe rectified in the next week or three before my trip to winton ..

It also can run without all the turbo pipes hooked up - had a NA Gt4 yesterday on its trip to get the last pipes welded up - the sound of turbo spooling into open air ( via filteded end pipes sounded literally , as they say - like an airplane!

As a little bit of fun - i did this photoshop of Spectrals car while in NZ with my colour grey and a different set of vinyl colours

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/spectral copy.jpg

Was planning on Doing my car in this livery - if it was allowed in Classic Adelaide - but they wont let me compete in it!

Token - Launching a Gt4 is a very hard thing to do - youll prolly kill a clutch or two before you get it right - and especially if the clutch is stock or only heavy duty - she'll cook in no time ..

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 12:26]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i totally apologise for the noobness of this post, but if someone is willing to give me an earful of 1st step things to do to a GT4-like car, i would be very grateful Smile..
links to tell-all sites etc would be great (have only just started lookin around)

also... opinions of jap available aftermarket stuff would be a good help too... like Tein, Bilstein (yeah i know they are not jap based), Cusco etc etc.... is it just all wank factor? or is some of it decent?

please PM or email oldcorollas@yahoo.com or hotmail.com

domo arigatou gozaimasu!

oh and a tech Q.. what sort of spring rates are ppl running for aussie roads?

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 11:54]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guessing being in the united islands of japan - Tiens would be your easiest purchase ..

Im just using the straightforward Whiteline works kit - prolly the easiest way to upgrade everythign in one hit and net a very good results ..

Ill have to dioublecheck spring rates unless someone has em on hand - but its 100 % worth it for a street car ..

its track test comes mid this week - to see if the springs are up to the task .. the Koni's certainly are!

As for 1st things to a Gt4 ..

get rid of the stock dump pipe - get a aussie or similar 3 inch downpipe , mid and cat .

get a rear swaybar happening - biggest one step upgrade for the suspension !

get hot air out or cooler charge in - thats obvious - they get bloody hot underbonnet - a simple thermofan on the air to air cooler helps a bit bit ideally frontmounts the go - but spendy!

FCD + boost controller makes it a sportier drive - feels much niicer with a few motre top end PSI - but watch as it will reduce your headgasket life pretty quickly

Dump the stock clutch - Upgrade to something better - Slippage with the stock clutch is a given - they dont clamp enough from the factory

Simple cold air induction in the stock airbox will aid things a bit - a bandaid solution but cheap and cheerful - I can show you how with piccies if needs be !

Decided to post it public as im sure were gunna get a few questions like that in here ! and a quick reference is always good

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 12:22]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 28 June 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks very much Stuart Smile

from the Toobster (and thnaks to CLG for the link)
Quote:

Re: ST185 GT4 Shock Absorbers Mon, 28 March 2005 15:45

From Whitelines forums (www.suspensionparts.info)

Quote:

Toyota Celica ST185 GT-FOUR

OEM spring rates (according to our measurements);
front ~ 150 lbs/in
rear ~ 140 lbs/in

Whiteline;
front 71602 - 172 lbs/in
rear 79213 - 157 lbs/in

so stock is 2.68 and 2.5kg
the Tein hard for ST185 are 8kg and 4kg!!

thanks for th tips... no more OT from me Wink
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just found this thread. Good to see some unity on the GT4 front!

I just finished putting a 205 WRC engine / rear LSD / IC system in my 165. Havn't driven it yet. Final step is to panel beat a bulge into the boonet and fit Group A bonnet vent so the intercooler clears the hood. Then it will be drivable at least...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know you got the front brakes too i believe Wink Saw thast motor with matty - i got the rear brakes off that car he had stripped Smile

In a 165 its gunna be mental - Smile
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will be interesting to drive for sure. He reckons with the motor completely stock, it was quicker than an ST205. I think its nice to try something different, to the best of my knowledge this hasn't been done before in Aus, not that its a radical swap as far as engine swaps go though.

Didnt get the rear brakes but i got the rear Torsen. I might ask Matt whether they're still kicking round though. Braking wise im going with Portfield pads with stainless lines and Castrol fluid.

Gotta take my hat off to Matt and the crew at Toyospares. Know their shit back to front and are a breeze to deal with. This is very preliminary and hasn't been detailed at all, but you get the idea. Almost the best part is the intercooler installaiton. The entire 205 set up, pumps, lines and all and still with the factory foglights and airconditioning. I had previously been told this was apparently "not possible". Rezpeck!

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568684/17.jpg

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568684/18.jpg

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568684/19.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 12:46]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 29 June 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wont get the rear brakes Smile

I have em Wink

Oh and as for the vent - its sutuated usually right above the exhaust maifold - to allow stationary rising heat of said hotbits a quick excape - have a look at a group A bonnet if you get a chance and you will see!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 22:50

you wont get the rear brakes Smile

I have em Wink

Oh and as for the vent - its sutuated usually right above the exhaust maifold - to allow stationary rising heat of said hotbits a quick excape - have a look at a group A bonnet if you get a chance and you will see!

http://www.elektranix.com/images/ST185R/wta.jpg
Yep... as you can see in this picture its just above the heat shield.
You can see the pipe from turbo to IC and the caution hot plaque through the grill in this pic.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not quite Stu,
The vent is a low pressure area when the car is moving, so it's there to pull air thru the radiator and improve cooling. It certainly does as you say as well, just not the main intent. The heat haze that emerges when stationary can be pretty impressive (scarey).
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - i was half way there! Smile

ive only just got mine - learning all its wonders and goodness Smile

BTW in toob;s you can see the plate and stuff - with mine you can see soon to be shiney frontmount piping - looks Quite impressive ( grins! )

on that note HPC would have recieved my IC pipes today - they should be back tuesday from what im being told to go back in the car + ill have some completed photos hopefully wednesday night of it all working and stuff !

Justen - that IC core JUST fitted - the pipes were such a squeeze to get em all to line up but i managed it in the end - nothing really fouls and the hotpipe has clearance all the way - will still make a heat shield for it though just to help things stay a little more protected where it passes by the water In pipe off the radiator and Aircon piping
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey kyoto, went to the shop today and saw them working on ur car. just wana say looking VERY awsome there. gona be a monster of a thing ...
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 30 June 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was there ever any doubt it would fit Stu Wink
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there were fleeting moments when i saw what angle i needed to get the pipes off it!

lol - mans i may have to remove some IC pipes if she ever needs towing though Wink which i hope is never!
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does any1 have ANY idea what wheel look good on a st165!!!

ive been looking for ages and cant find anything!!

i rekon some tough 6/7 spoke wheels would look ace but cant find any examples.

any seen some they really like?
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 01 July 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dyno day tommorrow

anyone going??

wheres dave (silverghost) hiding?

cheers Very Happy
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsanactara: I've been deliberating over this for ages. I have some really good ideas. Gimme your email address and I'll send some piccys over. I have literally about five hundred GT4 pics, plus some ideas.

Depending what coloure your car is, TE37s, Weds Sport TC005, and P1s look the bomb. There is also a pic of a mint 165 with mesh spoked wheels of some sort that looks ABSOLUTELY horn but i wouldnt get em simply because they'd be a bitch to clean.

I'm going/got BUddy CLub P1s in white, though check these out:

Mesh wheels, unknown brand.

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568684/20.jpg

Buddy CLub P1 Racing

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568684/7.jpg

GOing to see Matt this morning to get car. You should have asked to see what was in the boot the other day, it had all that stuff we were talking about.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
start looking around sites from roh, performance wheels , simmons etc .. and have a peek - or get on the st162 dedicated thread and see what rims those guys are using !

I picked mine after seeing ROH adrenalins on Davgt4's car - then found performance made a " copy " of such - Quite happy with them for the moment but plan to update eventually
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know I haven't got a gt4 but at least here u can see what some of the different wheels look like on the st16# Body...

They are ONG Rally rims supposably, Very similar to the OZ Racing Rims, but these have a bigger ventilation area for the brakes...
They were originally Silver, Sprayed em myself with an enamal spray can.

I love em.. They are only 15" and even with king springs (standard Height) the car still looks good with them.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2279/net8tt.jpg
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy crap. Got to drive the car for the time today post engine install. I never expected it to:

A: Look, feel, generally drive so....stock
B: Have that much grunt
C: Come on boost so fast. It is literally comparable to the 4AGZE powered AW11s.

The way Matt & co. plumbed the anti-lag valve, when it comes on boost it sounds like a smallish wastegate. Really screams. But bear in mind that was without a bonnet and with windows down...

Carsanactra The 205 swap is the easiest thing if the ppl doing it know what theyre doing. Its literally plug and play once you get the wiring bit sorted. There is literally NO POINT building a Gen 1 engine when you can have a better overall result for the same money. The fact that PFC's and other aftermarket goodies are on a plug and play basis is just a bonus, if you go searching for more power. Also, if u get a half cut, don't think of it as 7k+ for an engine, think of it as 7k+ for a complete engine, gearbox, and brake upgrade. When you think of it in that light, its a relative bargain. Hell, the intercoolers alone from Toyota are 2k+ new!

PS: i think i need a six speed!

[Updated on: Sat, 02 July 2005 08:24]

KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PS: if anyone needs any 165 bits im wrecking a motor, so let me know. When i find out exactly what is good and whats not (next w/e prolly) I'll post something mroe official. There is also an Apexi twin chamber BOV with flange and TRD hi-flo drop in filter, as well as a Turbosmart two stage adjustable boost controller...
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 02 July 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
email adress is:
jazdog@gmail.com

and yeah ive been looking through those kinda sites, not much there.

i really like the wheels on the second pic, the p1 things. would look good on a silver st165.

i rekon the gold WRX wheels would be not bad either.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 03 July 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think WRX wheels will fit yours - the offsets are wrong ..
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i have had a set of lower rear springs sittin in my room for ages so i finally got off my arse and put them in with lots of help from my crazy 4WDin friend Very Happy All went in pretty smooth and its now about an 1 1/2 inches lower at the rear. Not a huge difference but definitely looks nicer and feels better. I'll be takin some piccies soon and i'll post em on my members ride thread.
Thanx to justen for the springs Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How low did it make your car??

This is with Puffy's King Spring Super Lows on the rear... its so low that the tyres go up into the gaurd.
I had to put almost -2deg camber on it to stop them from hitting the gaurds with my 25mm "Track adjusters"!
http://www.elektranix.com/images/ST185R/ST185-Lowered-by-puffy.jpg
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well not that low Sad i haven't measured it yet but will take photos photos hopefully tonight gets dark so damn quick so makes it hard to get photos when im at work all day. Also it needs new suspension i found when we were replacin the springs cause they r well fucked lol another day when i have more money Sad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone here heard about Anti lift kits for the Gt4 -

I knew justen was planning something - but dunno what came of it ?

And can someone get me a decent picture of the rear light assemblies on a Group A St185 please !
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also while im thinking about it - Who here uses whitelines front thicker swaybar and strut brace ??or front strut bracing of any kind
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 04 July 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
The bitch about those P1s is they are 5x114.3 instead of 5x100. If i cant sell them on NS.com, or one of the Honda or Evo forums i will look into getting my hubs and discs re-drilled.
Pages (23): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:29:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01098895072937 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.