Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 04 December 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch i know what thats like - my gt4 went from being mildly noisy to WTF when swapping to the group A bonnet - im using a plumbback too , they are meant to be quieter , but it still sounds like it vents to atmo

BUT working on a plan to lessen induction roar and BOV noise so you might want to keep an eye on what i find ..

Send a private message to this user    
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 04 December 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have one of those GFB hybrid BOV's, just never got around to hooking the plumback side of it up, guess I might get off my ass and do it soon!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 04 December 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods - that would help quieten it down a bit P)
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 04 December 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Lifting of the dash
Every ST18X I have seen has a bit of dash lift just behind the demister vents, I have a dashmatt which helps a bit but if I leave the car in the sun the dash still gets a bit soft.
If the thing lifts just sit in the car with the aircon on and push it back down.

I plan on getting mine fixed properly at some stage because little things like these really annoy me!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 04 December 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got the same issue with mine - has lifted - cant press it back in .. looks like a tub of glue and an upholstererer for me
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 December 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well guys after lots of thinking i realised the gt4 just isn't the right car for me and my life style Sad i only get to drive it around in packed traffic and dont have time to enjoy it for how it should be driven. So unfortunately its up for sale or possibly a trade for a medium to large boring car lol. So if anyone knows someone who is lookin for one point them this way for a look because i would like to know its goin to a good home. Anyways here is the thread link and thanx to everyone who has helped me and given me advice for my car. Big thanx to troy who has always been around newy to help me and give himself injuries fixing stuff hehe Razz

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=87898&start=0&rid=6225&S=9c89d003efd 400cc71f36930c3fe7065
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 December 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Wed, 30 November 2005 20:42

Rainey wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 15:57

I did a quick photochop with this car:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/miscellaneous/classiquesug001.jpg

What do you reckon? Maybe a little less mustard? Very Happy

Rainey - do you know of any more details on this car ..

if you have a weblink or something id appreciate it - trying to find out what Alloy's are on it

This is his website here: http://gt4dreams.free.fr/

if you go to photos, the car has been through a fair few colour changes. Shocked
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 December 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 04 December 2005 19:03

ive got the same issue with mine - has lifted - cant press it back in .. looks like a tub of glue and an upholstererer for me

Park the car in the sun for a while then put some wedges of wood / rubber between the dash and windscreen where is is lifting then park undercover or go for a drive with the aircon on.

Long term though I think an uphosterer will be necessary otherwise you will have to do this every time you park in the sun.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 December 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
straight to ulposterers here - if i get it fixed ill do it right once and be done with it - the aircon doesnt work in mine currently so i cant use that fancy trick .. it needs to be clued down - not just pressed in ..

prolly should have it windscreen out to do it - and change that at the same time ( pitted + has a crack )
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 December 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone tried using those heat sheild reflector things u buy and put on the inside of the windscreen when the car is parked in the sun. Does this prevent the dash from getting hot enough to come free from the demister vent?

Cheers

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 December 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got one of the silver reflective ones and it lowers the temperature in the car quite a bit. Not sure if it would be enough to protect your dash though?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 07 December 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having a black car I don't think there is anything that can help if the car is left in the sun.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 07 December 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I read somewhere that black cars don't get hotter, they just get hot faster. However simple physics tells us that the best absorber is also the best emitter, so black cars cool down more quickly Smile
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 07 December 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been told almost conclusively that my 165 Aussie dump pipe won't fit the motor i have now (4 bolt flange vs. 6 bolt) so if anyone is interested let me know. I'll prolly put an ad up in the for sale section too but i thought this would be most effective.

It's a genuine Aussie HPC coated 3" dump pipe and was on the car for about 6 months. It covered about 5,000km.

PM or email to droptimaline@hotmail.com
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 07 December 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do u want for it man? oh and howmuch did u want for that clutch and such aswell again?
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 07 December 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent kyoto.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 08 December 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got my insurance renewal... the f'ckers have decided to drop the agreed value from $16,000 to $13,000.

I decided to have a look on the old redbook and glasses guides and discovered that in my compliance range there is only one listing for Gt4's.
Redbook for 1991 shows:
TOYO91CL
ST185R GT4 Liftback 2dr Man 5sp 4WD 2.0T
$7,500 - $10,100 National Average Private Sale Price

Redbook for 1991 - Oct shows:
TOYO91IQ
ST185R GT4 Rallye Liftback 2dr Man 5sp 4WD 2.0T
$8,700 - $11,600 National Average Private Sale Price

Glasses guide only show one model also:
TOYOTA CELICA,
1990, GT-4 TURBO, 2D LIFTBACK, 5 SP MANUAL,
TURBO 4, 1998 cc, 01/03/1990

Another amusing thing is Glasses guide have a listing for a "2000KG" model with 3M engine... I assume this is a f'ck up and should be the 2000GT.

Stupid insurance companies.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 08 December 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Were you with shannons toobs ?

if not might be an idea to talk to them as they should cover your 205 motor swap + mods , but youll go straight onto the " modified " bracket of compo ..

on the upside you can pick a figure thats its worth ( id be sying 17 K to replace at least - with a stocker in the same condition, mine with them is covered for 18 grand as it stands atm but thats to cover the driveline mods + other stuff ) but the downside is youll be slugged the higher fee ( mines 2200 a year as is but i dont have to pay extra for mods - only if i decide to go higher with its value after its finished )
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 08 December 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I spoke to them and said 17k and they quoted $1700ish
They seemed cool and will cover all my parts not installed on the car yet... the guy even told me the proper glasses guide shows the Group A's as 15-25k value.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 08 December 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1700 was good , and you must be older than me or they do specials for genuine group a's Wink

OR it could be just cause i valued more , than 17K - who knows

( was playing $1700py for basic comprehensive cover, before major mods )

Hopefully its worth your money to go with shannons though - bar for the ouch price for cover - theve been fantastic for everything so far regarding my GT4
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 08 December 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm only 24 but its probably a combination of the area it's garaged in and the fact that 18k on a standard gt4 is probably way way up in the grades in the glasses guide and 17k on a group a is probably just average price.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 08 December 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what im thinking - 27 here and rating uno for life ..

mind you - to replace the mongrel - in need a group A or better to get anywhere near the " base car " i have now..

Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 December 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update on shirts fellas

approx. 40$ each at this stage for as follows

sleeves, horizontal TOYOTA in original font
right breast GT-Four GrpARallye as appears on grparallye.com
Left breast, 5cm toyota logo
under collar on back, 5 cm toyota logo

white shirts = black everything, yellow A
black shirts = silver everything, yelllow A
individual numbering on request in requested location for something like 3$ extra

finding out about sizes and availability of other colours ATM

ETA on shirts due to christmas is mid january

shirts can be made with large GT-Four and no GrpARallye emblem for those of u that just want a GT4 shirt
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 December 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did anyone see that Red Carlos Sainz model forsale in like Northern Territory thats had 26,000kms on it.. Shocked
I think it was on carsales.com.au
If only i could have...
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 December 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch

wrote on Sun, 04 December 2005 16:38
On another note, I cut the under hood insulation away from around the bonnet vent, christ almighty my BOV is loud now! Bloody ridiculously loud! You can also see the amount of heat escaping off the turbo when you are stopped or going slowly.

man i pulled the insulation out from under the bonnet of my 165 the other day, as part of my personal war against engine bay heat, before hand i thaught, my turbo is a little too loud as it seems to turn heads everywhere, after i pulled the insulaition off...farrrrkin hell unless im sittin on 55OOrpm i usually cant hear my exhaust over my turbo its soooo loud, even more to wtf i have no BOV of any type, but since removing the insulation, i have been straight out accused of running an atmospheric BOV....and have been told by 4 people that if they didnt know better theyd swear i have a BOV under there...and i have to say it sounds like ive got one wtf lol

do any other 165'ers find theyre turbs rediculously loud?

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2005 05:39]

da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 09 December 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would like one gt4 shirt maybe 2 will let u know

cheers

andrew
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 December 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a quick question to any 165 drivers out there!

i want to put a podfilter in my car, but im just wondering what AFM adaptor you guys are using? is it the same as a st162 adaptor?

if not where do i get one from?

thanks in advance.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 10 December 2005 14:12 Go to previous message
bro a st162 one does the trick perfectly...cheers
Pages (23): [ «  <  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:47:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084638595581055 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.