Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the grin has'nt gone yet! Very Happy

i guess it means i have to look at other stuff now till big shiney turbo comes alongh - though i have two of the bits already - 540 cc insquirters and the cams - fuel pump i c an get pretty easily too - but it needs work in a few other niggly areas before that happens

So there you go guys - gen 2 + frontmount + good ecu + tuner who knows what hes doing = big power for what we already have turbo wise

Eat that speed magazine! Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 16 July 2005 10:38]

Send a private message to this user    
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you heard of this?

http://thespeedfactor.com/turbo_mr2.html

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gunna wait a bit re new turbo - got alot of bookwork to do before i settle on one in particular ..

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about to change gen1 3sgte to semi-synthetic (penrite hpr10 10w-50) Sun, 17 July 2005 13:39

hey all,

im about to change my engine oil, ive been running hpr40 (25w 70) in my 3sgte with a low kilometer engine that was put in 6 months ago.

im about to change over too semi-synthetic penrite hpr10 10w-50.

just wondering if this is a good idea or now? possibly to thin? i checked penrite's handbook guide, and this is the oil they recommend for gen2 3sgte, so i figure it should be the same or close for the gen1 engine.

ive heard that going from mineral to synthetic uncloges heaps of crap in ur engine and causes probelems. the hpr10 is a semi-sythetic oil tho.

what are your thoughts?
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 17 July 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

What are your thoughts

Use Motul, Silkolene or something else with Esters. Then again, i am anal like that! Laughing

Seriously though, that sounds like a decent viscosity and temp range. For all your Oil Issues see this thread:

http://www.gt4oc.net/viewtopic.php?t=12202

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 14:36]

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as for the swap from mineral to semi-synthetic tho, is it as simple as just out with the old in with the new, or is there precedures that should be followed?

do i have to use another set of oil to first clean out the engine or soemthing?
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Warm up engine to get the oil flowing.

2. Turn off engine and drain the oil.

3. Fill with new oil but to min as you going to waste this.

4. Warm up engine to get the oil flowing.

5. Turn off engine, drain oil and change filter

6. Refill to correct level with fresh oil.

Might also be an idea to use an oil flushing product of some sort. They loosen up all the gunk and then flush it out when you drain it. If u are going to do this i recommend doing it before you drain the oil as per the procedure above.

Good luck.

PS: the "GE" series of engines are heavily reliant on good clean oil. Try to change at 5,000km but don't go more than a few thousand over this and def. don't drive hard if you have passed the interval. Might sound anal but it will lengthen the life of the engine quite a bit.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless your current oil is giving you problems just drain the mineral oil as normal and fill with semi-synth.

Just don't go chucking anything thinner than 40 weight in it unless you've recently rebuilt the engine
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does any1 know what oil filter type the gen1 3sgte engine uses.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KYOTO wrote on Mon, 18 July 2005 13:25

Might also be an idea to use an oil flushing product of some sort. They loosen up all the gunk and then flush it out when you drain it. If u are going to do this i recommend doing it before you drain the oil as per the procedure above.

Do NOT use oil flushing products on your 3SGTE! You might as well pour degreaser in your engine. They dry out seals and increase the velocity of the oil at cold temps.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 18 July 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been told to get a thin cheap semi-syntetic oil, put that in idle it for a bit, drain it out with some gunk, then put the good stuff in.

hows that sound? or would you really have to drive it around to loosen up all the gunk in it?

KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 19 July 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I stand corrected. Puffy knows a fair bit so id be inclined to listen to what he has to say. The point remains however that if u use decnt oil you shouldnt need to "de-gunk" your engine so it pays to actively avoid the problem rather than fix it when it comes up.

You shouldn't need to drive the car round. Just let it sit there and idle to warm the engine up so it all drains out cleanly.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 04:07]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 19 July 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all - time for my first foray into the GT-Four thread Smile

since I have come into the temorary stewardship if a particular Group-A ST185 I have a quick question Very Happy

The front engine mount. Is it the same mount as the regular ST184s? It even looks the same as my 3SGE ST162's mount?

Thanks heaps.. sorry if I appear ignorant Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 19 July 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy is right... don't use "flushing oils".
Proper flushing oils will f'ck your seals and will clean your engine out bigtime!
They will clean the engine out so much that you may find you have compression problems afterwards.
Reason for this is on older engines (i.e. 50,000kms or so old) often small carbon deposits around the valve seats and ring lands build up, these carbon deposits build up slowly and end up wearing to suit the ring / valve.
If you remove these deposits the valves and rings will not be seated properly and you will lose compression.
w_e_b_s_t_o_r
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 19 July 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a question Smile .

What heat range in spark plugs do you guys use? I know the heat range is not universal over different makes (NGK, Denso etc), so i am mainly directing this question towards NGK iridium plugs.

I run 17 psi boost. Not sure whether to go for heat range 7 or 6. My thoughts are to go for colder 7's, although the supplier strongly recommended i get 6 (claimed 7 are for boost upwards of 25psi!!!)

I am installing a Power FC very soon, just getting new plugs and leads ready for the tune.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 07:48]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 19 July 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whos group A do you have robert Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is mos' old one, purchase for my cousin for rally tasmania next year (private)

he comes back next month but I am doing some work on it atm

here it is at it's new home Smile

http://roblincolne.com/pix/DSC07655.JPG

any ideas on the engine mount question guys?
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy jesus stu!!!!!

Congrats dude, all your hardwork has paid off, you have one hell of a special monster there now! Surprised Surprised
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that A DB5 dude? and E-type jag in the background?? Shocked

and and and what number is that group A? Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2005 04:43]

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

has any1 fitted some WRX wheels to a celica yet?

im having a real shit of a time looking for wheels with a offset smaller than 39 with a 5x100 pattern!

why the shit is the offset from toyota so fuking small!!!
not having fun!!! and i dont want to fit spacers!

(correct me if im wrong but the st165 offsetis +39 correct?)
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
+38 AFAIK.
You can get some really nice "track adjusters" from H&R.

Unlike your normal spacers these bolt onto the original studs and then have their own set of studs which you bolt the wheel onto.
25mm fills the GrpA gaurds quite nicely.

Also we could never work out what number MOS's GrpA is, if you want to post up the VIN I can look it up again.... from memory the VIN was 000001 or something.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WRX rims are commonly 45mm offset. Dunno if anyuone has fitted them.

Has anyone fitted the Whiteline Anti-Lift Caster kit to their car? It was reccommended to me by Whiteline. Just wondering what is so special about it...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/dyno.jpg

Some people have asked me to put up a dyno chart and what ive had done engine and drivetrain wise to get the above figure, so here goes - sorry bout the spammage - i can create a seperate thread if needs be - for more broad OMG Shocked reactions from the other non gt4 types - haha Smile

Basics of what ive done

Fully rebuilt from scratch gen2 3sgte with a requested power handling capability of 450 HP plus

head porting , poishing and general make flow bettering Smile ( technical term u know )

St205 camshaft swap + shim under bucket conversion

Pistons are ACL forgies on St205 rods

Bearings are TRD heavy duty items

Gaskets are a mixture of genuine toyota and TRD items - bolted up with Arp goodness

This was all reassembeld by an Ex Cosworth britan /current prodrive/FPV technical advisor based in ballarat

Ct26 is a stock steeel gutted group A Spec item - all aussie widebody Gt4's got these - Injectors are stock - fuel pump is stock but running the 13v mod , pump is stock

ECU is a stand alone map sensored WolfEMS v4 - Boost is controlled currently at 15PSI maximum by an AVO electronic boost controller

Exhausts leave by a aussie 3 inch dump and midpipe , into an AVO 2.5 straight thru system from cat back

Cold air is made by a custom frontmount intercooler setup - thru a hybrid 600 x 300 X 75 intercooler , excess boost vented via a turbosmart plumback into a Straight air intake setup off the turbo ( its also pretty and blue and stuff )

Power is fed to the wheels thru an St205 group A box

thats basically it for my Drivetrain package as it stands , at the moment

Im yet to tackle a better fuel system , have a set of 540CC st205 injectors here , and 264 HKS cams to go in - and i have a good friend hanging onto a Gt30 Garret turbo as well if im able to afford it in the near future

Wolf's tuner also reckons if the AVO boost conteroller was made redundant , we could more accurately map for upwards to 17PSI with what i have - so its not the total extent of what the current setup can deliver - but pretty bloody close to it
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh i forgot to add - i have a chair damaged black group A bonnet , and red painted calipers , so that HAS to give me at least 10 more KW Wink
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the upgraded fuel system, cams and turbo, you must be looking at heaps more power, so i dont think 160kw is anywhere near what its capapble of really...

although yes ur bigger breaks might be a good idea Razz
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the next step - got to be able to stop it Smile
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu that graph is fucking neat as anything... So impressed! Shocked

How did the chair damage your bonnet?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was damaged somewhere between importer in adelaide sending it - and arriving here ..

apparently it left straight bit it has a visible chair leg like dent just near the toyota symobol and a scratch down the passenger side , that also wasnt meant to be there ..

So in short - it needs a respray - one reason it stays black ill i decide what to do the car completely in
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh - just a quick one guys as i have to finalise some details

talked to the guys at wolf as some of you might already know - and also had the ok from the board Re a group buy for their ecu's

it will be for the V4 WOlfems ECU - and handset - as used on my car

ATM they are offering the deal to St185 and 205 GT4 owners but im pretty sure it could go on 165's as well - or Mr2's ..

currently only a base map for St185 and st205 are available , as far as i know

These are some of the points i need to clarify with the guys - to make it easier to organise

I also have to see which V4 we are getting - the base model - or the upgraded one

Currently they are looking for 5 to 6 genuine partys to snare the deal but im sure they would be ahppy for more

Price is $1395 for the unit AND handset , but no install or tuning included remember this is pretty much plug and pray with Gt4's - Physically the only tings needed to change when they put in mine - was air temp sensor had to be relocated - I can show you how for this one , they had to tap the manifold for a vaccum line for the map sensor ( it has internal sensor ) (( or you can still run off AFM to keep things a little less noticable ))

I had a few other little glitches theve pi cked up on and since rectified that caused a few dramas in the tuning , but as the results posted have shown - its helping alot in doing its job !

the rest was pretty much go for it - i believe but im sure i can get more technical details for parties interested

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2005 12:25]

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
170kw is great. Nice work !!!!

Noticed that it was done in shoot out mode so was the run done in third gear?

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 20 July 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt that the usualy price of these sorta things?
ive been quoted 1400 for a haltech e6x i think it was.

what is something like this usually worth?

also how much did ur rebuild cost you as it sounds like it was done by a shop correct? how much for parts, then how much for labour?

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2005 13:42]

-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 21 July 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 17:59

Shannons wouldn't insure mine as a daily driver... mind you I didn't really push too hard as they were quite a bit more expensive than the others.

Just Cars - Agreed Value $17,000 - Policy $1357
Vigil - Agreed Value $17,000 - Policy $1268
Shannons - Agreed Value $17,000 Max kms 5,000 - Policy $2480
NRMA - No cover
AAMI - No cover

I'm 23 with max no claim bonus and no accident history or license disqualifications.

holy f#@$ just cars wanted around 1500 a yr from me to cover me for $5000 with my 165...im 21, max no claim no accident history or licence dq....surly 2 yrs cant make that much of a difference?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 21 July 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe its because mines Aus delivered and the 165's are import?
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 21 July 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I got my car fully covered with shannons
covering all mods
$16000 agreed - not as much as I'd like Sad
but its only $1080.00 a year
so its the best I'm gonna get Very Happy

cheers Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 21 July 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy wrote on Wed, 20 July 2005 23:16

170kw is great. Nice work !!!!

Noticed that it was done in shoot out mode so was the run done in third gear?

Nods 3rd gear runs - and shootout mode

as for my motor - without putting a exact figure on the whole lot - i roughly estimate i could have bought a cheap st165 for the dollar figure involved, or an St205 frontcut with change to spare

As for the ecu's - i BELIEVE they are about $1700 dollars with a handset normally

Feeling crap atm - as my 5 days of fun have ended already - stupid starter motor this time - the alloy casing that goes into the gearbox bellhousing grenaded this morning - i have metal chunky bits floating around between the lutch and flywheel - so my engines going to have to come out AGAIN after all the work ive put in to get it running happily again, to see if the fragments caused any damage

Its one fking thing after another i swear .. Another thing ill add to my " new or rebuilt " list when i come to sell it

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 21 July 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as for shannons too - i might have to talk to them - im paying double that for my setup - so im wondering where they gave you such a good price - it should be cheaper than what i pay if thats the case - even if my agreed is a little higher
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 22 July 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey stu, that wolf pack, it does not plug and pray with the Group A ST185's im guessing?

Sorry to hear about your starter motor dramas, im starting to get a few problems as well, i think its part of the GT4 Initiation process... Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 06:09]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 22 July 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a handful of spare starter motors if you need one Stu... Remember, between myself and CLG we have pretty much anything you could ever need. Very Happy
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 22 July 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just purchased a HPC coated dump pipe, cat.converter, and connecting (front) pipe from aussie exhaust. It was a bit of an impulse buy, but i'm pretty sure i wont regret it. $1100 delivered Neutral
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 22 July 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats pretty expensive inst it?

the HPC coated downpipe is spose to be 345$ deliverd from memory?

could have got an exhaust shop to make up a mid section with cat for less than 700$ surely? then since ur buying from an exhaust shop they will package it with labour a little cheaper..

let us know how it goes, cause thats what im looking at doing to my car next (ive only got cat back exhaust at the moment)
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 22 July 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the dump pipe they charge $560 with HPC, thats their retail price anyway. but i bought a cat converter and the connecting pipe and he didnt charge me for the HPC.
so the deal i got was..
dumppipe with HPC $450
cat.converter $270
connecting pipe $330
plus $50 postage to melbourne from queensland.

definatly no bargain.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 22 July 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re ECU - im pretty sure its good for all St185's - Group A or not .. the only difference would be an enabling thing for the intercooler pump + sensor on a group A which would be run id say off an auxillary pin .

The same ecu runs st205's so im pretty sure theve taken this into account

Re starter motor - managed to get one locally today - its on the way my next drama is going to be getting it on a traler of some sort to get it back to the builder - from there its just a case of drop motor out - check - asses + repair - bolt back up and its good to go

Im hoping its not too pocket hurting tho

Re aussie stuff - that price is about right Carasanctra - I payed that for mine and dont regret doing so - its a bit of a prick to install but once in - its sweet Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 22 July 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exhaust shop ones dont seem to counter in HPC coating - or actually the time taken to make the curve smooth - its been argued about many a time but i know id prefer an extra cost for something i know works , fits , and definanlty will last ..

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 22 July 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so is it just me or did he get ripped of at those exhaust prices?

cause yeah i want a downpipe soon, but faaaaark, i not gona pay 560$ for a pipe!!!!
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 22 July 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLKGT4: the dump pipe is going to make a huge difference. Despite the price you won't regret it in the least.

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 22 July 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=43808&item=4563517452&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

or you could buy this for 199$? and it will crack on you as soon as it gets hot.

also the price that i was looking at for the DP (although beeing called aussie exhaust bla bla bla) it was an american price! Mad

i dunno, i think the ebay DP is ok, not as good as the aussie by a long shot, but at less than half the price.....
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 23 July 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like i said i paid $450with HPC for it. (i definatly wanted it HPC coated considering how hot our engine bays get already)
i dunno i just couldnt convince myself to get the 200buk one.
and when i come around to installing it down here, all i need to worry about is the piping from the cat back.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 July 2005 00:30]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 23 July 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carasantra - he got what he paid for - its a quality item, renouned WORLD WIDE - not a cheap ebay rip off dude ..

i Swear by my aussie dump pipe and would happily pay that again if i was to do another Gt4 or Mr2 ..

its made off a jig - already pre measured and lined up so nothing fouls - you pay for the research gone into it to make it as good as it is
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 23 July 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys!

just a quick question.

In about 2 weeks time i will be installing a GT2871RS onto my car, now i need to get hold of s template to give to the exhaust place for the manifold plate. Dr T's gasket for the exhaust manifold comes in 2 pieces, so it isn't too useful for the purpose (and costs $40 per half!) so does anyone here know, or have a teamplate that they could send to me??

Regards Nathan
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 23 July 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out this site nathan..

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/category2_1 .htm

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 25 July 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I just discovered my factory wastegate
actuator has crapped itself Mad
so I've finally decided to go custom manifold
and external wastegate.
planning on using a tial model.
has anyone got one or running external?

cheers Very Happy
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 25 July 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys,

is anyone from the GT4 fraternity going to the picton go-kart day?
I am should be some good fun, tho will be a bit slower to the karts i am used too.

Hope to see someone there!

Regards Nathan
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 July 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys is there anywhere I can find a diagram of the gearbox/diff arrangement for a GT-Four? ie, an exploded drawing or something

Put the new diff, strut brace and engine mount in the Group-A yesteday, just have to clean the plugs this morning and take it for a good fang in the bush now Very Happy
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 July 2005 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I know I don't belong here, but I thought this item on Ebay might interest some of you guys

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=43808&item=4564230303&rd=1

Yian
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 July 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm ST165 W/A IC ay...
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 July 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one for the melbourne guys (classique71)?
where do you guys go for a dyno run? and what does it cost normally?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 July 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine was run and tuned in bayswater - at dynomotive

a fellow by the name of marty ( efi hardware ) tuned her in but he doesnt work there - ill try and dig up his info later - but he only really deals in the wolf tuning i believe

marty ( efi hardware )and steve ( wolfems )are both great guys to deal with

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 02:41]

Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 July 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey stu, about the wolf ems again, have you got any details about whether or not this ecu will work on a gen2 mr2 3sgte? or could you give me contact details? phone number,email so i can contact the guys.

I'm really keen on this ecu package. Smile

I live right near Dynomotive in bayswater, so i'll probably go down there for my tuning too Very Happy who should i speak to there?

thanks mate,

I better get out of this thread now, with my fwd.. sorry to bother you guys Razz
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 July 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couldn't find Toobs' Members Rides thread, so I'll chuck this here...

Spotted STI-85R at the bottom of Mt Ousley, coming past the uni. I was going around you in the green AE102. Hawtness man, I love it Very Happy
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 July 2005 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
G'day Fellas,

Some of you may know that I have recently moved to Spain. Well I am looking for something fun to drive around in and it appears that the Spaniards have no idea about what a car should look/perform like. Nothin but renaults and pugs here.

Anyhoo, I figured being a celica fan living in Spain, the only way to go is a Carlos Sains GT4. I have had a look and there seems to be a few around for sale for what I think is a reasonable price.

What is the main differences between 185's and 205's and what is different about the Carlos Sains edition and Group A's.

What are each of these models selling for in Aus, average condition? I may even bring it back to Aus if I like it...

Sorry if these questions sound lame but until now, I have never really looked at GT4's. Old cars are almost non-existant here. A RA23 cost about the same as a ST185.

Anyhoo any info is much appreciated.

oh and I don't suppose anyone has standard 1/4 times for these cars? Just so I can compare. I know I raced a 205 on the 1/8th at Dubbo. It was doing similar times to my RA28, so I am guessing the 205's go a little better than a 185. Not sure what mods it was wearing though.
Pages (23): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:50:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017639875411987 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.