Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:57

Why do I bother keeping my engine bay so clean its because I actually work on my car Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:12

Love my freind...its a beautiful thing. Very Happy

Rice.. Rolling Eyes ...as if dude.

I totally agree i dont c how keeping your engine bay clean and well maintained is rice....
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok not rice

I just don't see the point I do if you have the money I guess, each to his own I spose
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
champ

the more you work on your car ( and believe me you will )
the more user friendly you make it and suddenly the
cleaner it gets

its up to the individual

cheers Very Happy
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I see your point
but i just dont see why u need to polish everything so u can see your reflection I think your bay looks nice and clean though well done on it.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the other guys have made my point but ill clarify ..

Everything mechanically on my car has been top notch - nothing is left half baked if it can be done better

The engine bay is a mess - but it works - i had limited time to get things running for the tune, thats what happens when you have 2 days to get it running before tuning

I want to bring the look of the bay in par with the rest of the car .. its not hard , just another job to look forward to. Mine wont be bling like puffys - i just want the wires and hoses and stuff a lot easier to work around , as like the other guys - im trying now to do as much as i can myself.

its also not all that expensive ! Its more time than money to get things sweet

No point going out to a wedding in a tuxedo - if you wear thongs with it

As for going hard - i think the numbers ive made with what i have speak for itself

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 08:10]

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 18:09

No point going out to a wedding in a tuxedo - if you wear thongs with it

what if the thongs not on your feet stu Razz

cheers Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 05:09]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your a dirty minded sofd troy Wink the only thong youll get is the one clipping you behind the ear Smile
farva
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys been looking at another gt4 recently. went and took it for a drive the other day. engine seems to be in good nick.

but the clutch will need to be replaced. it keeps slipping and theres nothing worse than smelling the burning clutch Confused

is it a big job to replace the clutch? and how much to get a shop to do it? also what would you recommend is a good clutch to get? the mods to the car are adjustable boost, bov, exhaust.

cheers!
ROME_GT4
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still have my standard clutch.. But I hear Clutch Master Stage 3 (maybe type 3) is good both stop start city driving and can hold up to high power mods.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clutch is an engine out job unless your brilliantly mechanically gifted ..

not hard - just labour intensive - as ill find out in the next day - having the mechanic removing my box to assess the debris damage - expect it to take him a day at least to drop the motor
farva
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, so what cost are we looking at? if i was to just give it all to a mechanic, what cost?

also, did all st185's come standard with front fog lights? the ones behind the grill? and where in the car is the switch for them?

cheers!
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 19:16

not hard - just labour intensive - as ill find out in the next day - having the mechanic removing my box to assess the debris damage - expect it to take him a day at least to drop the motor

according to some dude on the gt4oc the clutch can be done without pulling the engine out, he did a write up and step by step on changing the clutch without dropping the engine completely out...
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be able to change a clutch without having to drop the engine out. Some how I don't think they would design a car that way its just not feasible. For the fog light question I'm sure they all came wiht standard foggys and the button for the fogs is on the upper right hand side of the dash right next to right hand side window u can't miss it.

I have a question I'm getting a zaust and pod filter fitted next wednesday 900 all up that includes a full exaust dump and all and have it heat proofed the dump that is. one: does this sound like a good price and second question will I have trouble wiht the clutch slipping from extra power? the car has done 72 000 k's I have pics that I would like to show u boys but I'm not sure how to get them up.

Anyway cheers

Andrew
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://photobucket.com/albums/a394/da_foles/?action=view&current=118-1878_IMG.jpg

I have added the mags on just last week it was bog stock when I got her 2 weeks ago now. Loving her so much
need to get a whiteline package she sits to high.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a394/da_foles/?action=view&current=118-1877_IMG.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a394/da_foles/?action=view&current=118-1876_IMG.jpg
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg beats me how to get pics to work give up

here is a link should be able to look at em through here

http://photobucket.com/albums/a394/da_foles/?sc=1

if that doesn't work people let me know I will try figure somethign else out

peace
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/da_foles/118-1877_IMG.jpg
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/da_foles/118-1876_IMG.jpg
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=DV=- wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 23:38

according to some dude on the gt4oc the clutch can be done without pulling the engine out, he did a write up and step by step on changing the clutch without dropping the engine completely out...

would like to know how - we tried all possible means to do it
and it missed by an inch
we spent 2.5 hrs trying to geat box out only - another 1.5hrs the whole motor was out
never met anyone yet who could do it
would be nice though Very Happy

cheers Very Happy
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
farva wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 19:50

also, did all st185's come standard with front fog lights? the ones behind the grill? and where in the car is the switch for them?

The Group A didn't.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 00:00

Should be able to change a clutch without having to drop the engine out. Some how I don't think they would design a car that way its just not feasible.

The GT4 is designed around a world rally car in which the service crew could change the engine in under 30 minutes. In perspective this is a perfectly feasible requirement to have the engine out to change the clutch.

Im pretty sure Neal Bates Auotmotive take it out (mine was already out when the changed mine) and if anyone would know how to do it quicker, they would!
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine doesn't have fog lights Confused should it ? Its an Aus spec st185
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look good there Da_foles!!! check out, www.ozcelica.com join that site, we go cruisin quite often.

Dropping the engine isnt all that out of way, well it is a pretty big job, but you get a chance to clean everything up around it. So its got its pro's! Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure fog lights were standard on all Aus delivered ST185's (not Group A).
The switch is meant to be just above the drivers side air vent... Group A's have a little blanking plate where the switch goes but all the wiring is still in place.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not all of them - mines oz spec - no foglights or a switch Wink

never had em - though the wiring is there for them - i have to see if i can work out which plig is which to get some running eventually
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a couple of spare plugs here and there on my car.
I have assumed that they are...
-Heated / power seats (in centre console)
-Retracting side mirrors (drivers side of the dash)
-Foglights (above drivers air vent)
-System 10 Stereo (above rear strut towers)
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys!

Got my car back with the GT2871RS on it, what a difference it makes up high! it is pretty awesome, although i am still running the stock computer (i know) with the turbo at 10psi.
It boosts very aggressively, from 5psi through to 10psi it climbs a lot faster then the stock turbo, good kick in the pants Evil or Very Mad

Only groan i have about it is that although it boosts up ok, it doesn't seem to add power til after around 3500rpm, i think (not sure) that the TVIS MIGHT be affecting it, i have read that by pulling off the hose it keeps it constantly open, has anyone done this on a 185? if so can they help me out a bit?!

Regards Nathan
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you need any fuel system upgrades and have you had it dynoed? Whats the efficiency level? Finally, how much? Sounds intreresting...
farva
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for all your help guys! just trying to get as much info as i can before i take the plunge Razz

just another question: has anyone just got a shop to replace the clutch? how much did it cost?

i'm just worried its gonna be too much of a pain in the ass to take the engine out when i'm not even doing a rebuild Confused

cheers!

Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kyoto, no fuel system upgrades, tho i am only still running very near stock boost, i think the efficiency is 72-77% spools up pretty quick, not quite as quick as the CT26, however i think with an aftermarket ecu and decent tuning that might be a different story.

Unfortunately no dyno Sad none in my area that can accommodate a 4WD car.

The turbo with flanges, gaskets, and water and oil fittings (no lines) cost me 1767,

Cost me around 700 for manifold, downpipe, and a Magic Cat (from magic performance) plumbed in under the car, tho i haven't paid yet but that was the dudes best estimate, manifold isn't long equal length, but looks ok, and seems strong (touch wood)

Oil feed was a braided line, with the attachment silver soldered onto the existing union bolt on the block, oil drain was just a bit of steel pipe the exhaust place had sitting around and some random hose (very high pressure cause they had nothing else to fit it) water is basically back into the stock locations, just had to get a bend made up for the water return i believe it would be.

Bit of silicone hose from the turbo to the intercooler.

All those hoses set me back $110,

And last but not least, a 3" 45deg rubber bend for the air intake, and a slight flare of the steel bend in stock intake set me back $30

All up it looks very neat, loads more space behind turbo and with no cat in the downpipe loads more space there too. PLUS it holds 10psi rock steady, no boost creep like with the stock CT26.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1gt48u wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 08:04

-=DV=- wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 23:38

would like to know how - we tried all possible means to do it
and it missed by an inch
we spent 2.5 hrs trying to geat box out only - another 1.5hrs the whole motor was out
never met anyone yet who could do it
would be nice though Very Happy

cheers Very Happy

it reads sort of like this

----------------------------------------
ST185 Clutch replacement with the engine still in place.

Equipment required: Engine brace, trolley jack, axle stands & a bloody good set of tools and the help of one other person.

1. Loosen front wheel nuts and hub nuts both sides.
2. Remove as much as you can from the top before jacking up the car. such as battery, intake system, carbon canister, starter motor, earthing straps, mounting support brackets, wiring brackets, clutch pipe + bracket, gear linkages + brackets, bell crank selector and the rad fan.
3. Jack the front of the vehicle up and place stands under the jacking points on the sills, I always get it to a height so that I can lie on the ground and my arms could reach around the box while still having my back on the ground for most strength, also the box will slide out past the bumper on the trolley jack. ( If you fail to get the right height it will cause you loads of hassle)
4. Remove front wheels, hub nuts, undo bottom ball joints, lower the wishbones using a bar against the floorpan, then pull the shafts out of the hubs, yank hard on each shaft and it will release from the box, remove inner driveshaft shrouds.
5. Remove the transversely mounted and longitudinally mounted subframes and engine mountings from the longitudinally mounted subframe.
6. Remove the flexi section of exhaust and the front part of the propshaft ( You may need to jack up one of the rear wheels in order to turn the shaft to get at all the nuts. But it is possible to undo them all in the one position)
7. Remove the engine mounting brackets from the bell housing and the transfer box.
8. Remove the gearbox cooler pipes and the coolant over flow tank.
9. Drain engine coolant by removing bottom hose and rad cap and at the same time drain the gearbox and the transfer box fluid.
10. While it’s draining remove the radiator.
11. Set up the engine brace so that the N/S engine hook is supported
12. Remove the N/S engine mounting, now the engine is only held in by the cambelt mounting.
13. Undo all bell housing bolts, the worst one is at the top between the transfer box and the engine this can be loosened by putting a spanner up between the sump and transfer box from underneath and you can break the seal by turning it a couple of mm, then you can undo the rest of it from the top by using a stubby spanner.
14. Remove the transfer box mounting from behind the block and the 2 bolts that mount the box by the O/S drive shaft.
15. Lower the engine brace as much as you can until the cambelt casing is nearly touching the inner wing.
16. Slide trolley jack in from the N/S of the car and support the box put a bit of wood in between so you don’t damage it.
17. Now break the seal between gearbox and engine using prybars in the appropriate places and physically ragging it a bit.
18. Now pull on the engine from the cat and push the lot as much forward as you can while you get another bod to slowly lower the jack as the box is coming down keep an eye on the N/S drive shaft seal it comes very close to the edge of the wish bone and watch out for the gearbox selector as well.
19. Well done the transmission should be on the floor now and the engine still in pull the transmission out from under the car change the release bearing and give it all a clean.
20. Remove and refit the new clutch, no need for an aligning tool just feel the friction plate and make sure it is flush with the pressure plate at the three points where you can get your fingers in and then tighten it up.

That is how to get your clutch out and leave the engine in,

it took me a day first time.

Look in a manual for all nut/bolt torques.

Refitting is basically the reverse of removing but if people are interested I will write how to refit as well.

I think I have mentioned everything I did to get it out, please forgive me if I forgot anything.

Cheers Kelt.

-----------------------------

cant say ive tried it..but it sounds like the authors have tho Very Happy

but as i remember from my swapping engines in my 162 it would have been damn near impossible...i imagine a 185 engine bay wouldnt be much more user friendly

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2005 16:13]

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting

well if I'd no15 an no18 it may have hapenned because it was
sooooooo close

oh well, doesnt matter, I like taking the engine out of
my car on a regular basis Razz

cheers Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found that step number 13 was near impossible on my ST165 - the bolt that he described, that is nestled between transfer case, block and bellhousing, simply would not get going - and I could not get to it from underneath (I never liked being on bottom anyway), so I had to abort and just dropped the engine out.

And the Group A versions used a very different transmission (X-Trac I think) so it may have been *slightly* easier to work on, or not Wink
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 17 August 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and by 'Group A' I mean the cars that were run in Group A rallying, not the road going homologation version. Sorry to confuse.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of Group-As

There is a certain Group-A that has a rally in three weeks and there is some stuff it needs, PARTICULARLY new suspension (at the least springs).

Does anyone know where I should best look to get some heavy duty standard height (or even a fraction higher) springs that will hold up in a rally, or someone selling some rally-worthy suspension?

Other stuff I'm looking for...

rally suspension
rebuild kit for rear calipers and front
trip meter
haarnesses 3''
ST205 discs and calipers
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a set of 4 stock springs you can have for the cost of the postage rob - prolly no good for you thugh if its going offroad

tripmeter - hunt on ebay

rebuild kits for calipers - repco or toyoa have them

harnesses - well they might have to be standards approved - revolution racegears a good shot for them

st205 front calipers and discs - sorry im giggling! not a chance unless a miracle dops into your lap
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 10:54

i have a set of 4 stock springs you can have for the cost of the postage rob - prolly no good for you thugh if its going offroad

tripmeter - hunt on ebay

rebuild kits for calipers - repco or toyoa have them

harnesses - well they might have to be standards approved - revolution racegears a good shot for them

st205 front calipers and discs - sorry im giggling! not a chance unless a miracle dops into your lap

hehe thanks bro, well the 205 stuff.... Toymods is the place of miracles! lol.. what do you reckon would be a good brake upgrade then for rally use?

yeah and this is for off-road stuff, so I was thinking something better than just the standard springs (this is standard non-group-a yeah?) as I think they might be a little soft.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What model GT4 do you own?[ 29 vote(s) ]
1.ST185 Group A 7 / 24%
2.ST185 9 / 31%
3.ST165 6 / 21%
4.ST205 0 / 0%
5.ST205 Group A 0 / 0%
6.Don't drive a GT4 but I've got a 3SGTE from one 3 / 10%
7.I don't own a GT4 but wish I did! 4 / 14%

Hey guys I'm interested to know the number of people who actually own a GT4... vote in the poll so we know how many of each model are floating around the club.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im gunna steer you to the only guy on here that offroads in a gt4 compeditively - matty Dyne

he should be able to give you all the info you need re brakes

pretty sure his handle is dyno-matt or something similar to that !
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 19 August 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool yeah I found him thanks HEAPS Stu Very Happy we'll see what he says Smile
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

The car is getting an exaust on wednesday so I was wondering what is the best size to get for out gt4's 2.5 inch or 3 inch and what size dump

thanks heeps

Andrew
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 17:21

Hey guys,

The car is getting an exaust on wednesday so I was wondering what is the best size to get for out gt4's 2.5 inch or 3 inch and what size dump

thanks heeps

Andrew

The norm is just a 3" turbo all the way back. That is what i am getting done. Very Happy
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright cool

how much am I look at for a muffler if I was quoted 800 for a full exaust will that include a new muffler?

like a canon one?

sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 17:32

alright cool

how much am I look at for a muffler if I was quoted 800 for a full exaust will that include a new muffler?

like a canon one?

Not sure dude, Its a bit of aquared space under where the muffler sits, bit ive seen GT4's with Cannons on there, if thats your type of thing i guess.......

You best ask the dude who is doing your exhuast, Thats a pretty sweet price for turbo back! is that with a hi-flow cat?

3" inlet cannons usally sell for about $300-$500 dollars ive seen..

da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 are u cruising? like the guys from ozcelica

if so where are u guys all going tonight?

I might come see how it goes. pretty pointless with stock exaust though to slow haha.
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats why I'm doubtful on the price hey
not sure exactly if it includes a muffler but I can't see them putting the stock muffler back onto a 3 inch exaust I'm not sure about the hi flow cat although I think I will need one of those won't I.
I'm going to give the bloke a call on monday. Newmans garage in coorparoo is doing the bloke there Paul has worked on plenty of turbo cars and has put a 3stge in his corrolla so he knows his stuff and has all the gear dyno extra.

but yeah I would say the exaust will be getting done by the muffler shop at stones corner hehe sounds dodgy but I had them make me a double dump for my ET and yeah it was a top job.

sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 17:40

sikx5 are u cruising? like the guys from ozcelica

if so where are u guys all going tonight?

I might come see how it goes. pretty pointless with stock exaust though to slow haha.

Nah no cruises that i know off on tonight. Id be keen to go for a drive, but i took my baby apart today, putting in new hubs/CV shafts and also gearbox and transfer case seals. Very Happy

Should be done tommorow.

Well if its 3" turbo back mandel bent, thats a damn cheap price you got yourself there. Hopefully he puts in a 3"Flex and 3"hi-flow cat also.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hes gunna have fun making it! the section under the crossmember's going to be interesting if the exhaust guys going to make it from scratch
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 21 August 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Guys unfortunately since my all my wheels need new tyres and also one of the fronts had an unfortunate incidence with a nasty pot Sad im lookin at maybe gettin new wheels. Just wondering where u can get cheap/good deals on wheels and tyres from. I had a look at ozzytyres and on their website and they had some nice specials of 1200 for wheels and tyres is that about as good a price as i will be able to find ? Any info is much appreciated Very Happy
Cheers, Bill
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its nearly time to take the gt4 off the road again
even though the wastegates leaking and the car needs
a good tune ( its running rich again Mad )
we put it on the dyno to see what its doing before
the next mods.
power wasnt too bad but I know theres more in there

cheers Very Happy

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7130/dynosheet5im.jpg
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 09:59

Well Guys unfortunately since my all my wheels need new tyres and also one of the fronts had an unfortunate incidence with a nasty pot Sad im lookin at maybe gettin new wheels. Just wondering where u can get cheap/good deals on wheels and tyres from. I had a look at ozzytyres and on their website and they had some nice specials of 1200 for wheels and tyres is that about as good a price as i will be able to find ? Any info is much appreciated Very Happy
Cheers, Bill

I really like the guys at Australia's Best (www.tyres.com.au - I think)

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx i'll check em out Smile
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some standard height pedders spring, dunno if they are any good tho, bought them to get the car up to height for rego then dumped it again Smile
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I have some major fuel consumption issues! I get anywhere from 320-350km MAX from full, till the light comes on.
Also noticing increased amounts of fuel smell in my exhaust. Any hints?
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
running rich, check for any loose sensors in the engine bay, and check the error codes.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hye guys i was just wondering has any1 on here ever actually broke teh gt4 gearbox?

i hear stories that there tuff, but just how tuff are they!!!!

state ur power and how it broke, and what exactly it was that broke!

cheers guys.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno but i have a feeling mines gonna break before too long. Soon to be running a de-restricted 205 motor through a standard E50F1 (86 model, number 735!) gearbox. If and when that happens i'll bite the bullet and get a 205 box.

When they go its generally the synchros that wear first which then leads to teeth chipping and shearing off. You have to be either flat shifting or have a clapped out one to start with to destroy one though.

BTW, 1GT48U that's an impressive dyno sheet. Rezpek! Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 14:18]

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KYOTO wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 00:17

BTW, 1GT48U that's an impressive dyno sheet. Rezpek! Smile

cheers mate Very Happy

the last mods I'm doing shortly and then thats it

time to just enjoy it Very Happy
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree nice dyno results Smile will be great to c how it goes with next round of mods Shocked
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
1gt48u wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 08:46

the last mods I'm doing shortly and then thats it

time to just enjoy it Very Happy

Good numbers and a great power curve.
Whats next on the mods list?
Pages (23): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:42:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010496854782104 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.