Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » P PLATERS!!! ENGINE MODS ARE OUT!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: P PLATERS!!! ENGINE MODS ARE OUT!!! Mon, 13 June 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slightly OT but interesting none the less!

According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics you are more likely to be murdered and more than 3 times more likely to be kidnapped or abducted in Australia than you are to die on Australia's roads due to negligent driving.

2003 data:
302 cases of straight up murder
716 cases of kidnapping / abduction.
245 cases of driving causing death.

Here is the data:
http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/abs@.nsf/0/76C8926B D8A12E1FCA2568A9001393F2?Open
  Send a private message to this user    
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: P PLATERS!!! ENGINE MODS ARE OUT!!! Mon, 13 June 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i mostly agree with where the government is going...inexperienced young people in high powered cars isn't a bright move. However i am on my Green P's and have a ST185, all my own money, my own car, and i love it.

I feel that drivers should have to undergo a test/training to get behind the wheel of a high powered car, i will admit that when i first drove a GT4 (i had an RA60 before hand) it scared me, however i didn't get into it and give it full stick first chance i got, i gently acclimatised myself to it.

As a lot of people have said, DRIVER TRAINING is the key. I know myself that my experience in Go-Karts has helped me a LOT! even tho they are worlds apart from cars, just the experience of driving something to the limit of adhesion, in wet and dry, let me understand what to do if i have a loss of traction. After driving a go-kart in the wet with slick tires i gaurantee the driver will have a very good idea of what to do with all types of oversteer, understeer, brake lock-ups, four wheel drifting.

[/rant]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: P PLATERS!!! ENGINE MODS ARE OUT!!! Mon, 13 June 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actualy toobs.. do you know whats more concerning about those numbers... well not those numbers but loko further into the causes of mortality... what is the biggest killer of people aged 16-25... it isnt road accident.. and hasnt been since the early 90's. it is suicide.

suicide is the biggest killer of young people. by a huge margain over road accident. could the fact that is is easy to "put thos young whipper snappers in their place" and its politically favourable to do so ?

concerning eh ? sounds like a bigger social problem to me.. perhaps a hint harder to solve.
johne
Regular

March 2005
Re: P PLATERS!!! ENGINE MODS ARE OUT!!! Tue, 21 June 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so... i've beening hearing stuff about a new law?(lol not the july 11 ban on turbo etc)

If u wish to drive a V8 or Turbo or supercharged Motor vechicle, regardless of work, you know have to pay an annual fee of $23.00...

anyone confirm this?

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2005 07:19]

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: P PLATERS!!! ENGINE MODS ARE OUT!!! Tue, 21 June 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we had a highway patrol cop come to our school today to talk to us on driving
my favourite quote (something like this, anyway):
"you people are in control of a very powerful weapon when you're driving; something that is more dangerous than a gun or a knife..."
Rolling Eyes
paulw85
Regular

February 2005
Re: P PLATERS!!! ENGINE MODS ARE OUT!!! Tue, 21 June 2005 10:18 Go to previous message
but we dont drive 260kw cars... Surprised
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:vid of burning golf GTI
Next Topic:EOI ????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:45:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052249431610107 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.