Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » why do people think number plates are worth $50000?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 13:45 Go to next message
some people are just fucking idiots

http://cars.listings.ebay.com.au/Car-Accessories-T uning_Number-Plates_W0QQfromZR4QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQs acatZ72526QQsocmdZListingItemList
  Send a private message to this user    
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the descriptions, RARE Shocked or ONE OF A KIND Shocked

Of course they're one of a kind, otherwise the whole system would be useless Razz
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

This is a REAL UNIQUE Aussie find!!

Rolling Eyes
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wholey crap someone bid $6000 for one Surprised
The Bruster
Regular

August 2003
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't want to know what numberplates go for in the uk!!!!!
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buying a number plate, just so you can sell it for alot should be banned in all states. STOP BUYING THE FARKEN PLATES DUMMWITS
paulw85
Regular

February 2005
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=72527&item=4554846902&rd=1

woulndt have cost 5000 to get it made.... ild buy it if it was around 100-200 mark
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seen cop-b8 on a nissan patrol once with all these bullet hole stickers on it...this better not be him Mad
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paulw85 wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 08:01

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;category=72527&item=4554846902&rd=1

woulndt have cost 5000 to get it made.... ild buy it if it was around 100-200 mark

I'd be careful bidding for this plate, in a blown up pic there are no screw holes in it, and all number plates have screw holes.
Plus the yellow corners are square.and no stamp on it.
Looks fake.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that doesn't even look like a plate, 5 mins in paint maybe, notice it's perfectly flat as well, were plates aren't and the yellow colouring goes beyond the black outline dodgy. Wink
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmph. They aren't even that good. Except for the TRD one. Smile
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the D in both pics.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;category=72527&item=4553698447&rd=1#eba yphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;category=72527&item=4554846902&rd=1#eba yphotohosting

Since number plates are pressed you can't get a perfect square corner on the lettering.
Evan my custom made plate looks better then that one.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 23:54]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Wed, 08 June 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was a corolla levin 2001 model for sale at a dealer the other week with TRD-16V plates for 15K, Very Happy
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Thu, 09 June 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dudes... I'm sure he's not trying to pass off an MSPaint picture as an actual photo of the plates. Probably just doesn't have a digicam or something and was merely showing the layout of the plates in the form of an image. Of course you'd want to verify that he actually has the plates before you give him any money though.

Anyhow... He's advertised the plates on this forum too if you're interested... click ... I just did a bit of investigating and found that FLEX is Vice President of the Altezza Club of Australia. At least he has some affiliation with Toyotas and isn't just an eBay seller.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 03:04]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Thu, 09 June 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 09:53

Who can knock this one though Smiley =.
Actually, anyone who doesn't like this is gay!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=72527&item=4554479550&rd=1
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Thu, 09 June 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that so shit.. $50,000 for some! who ever buys it is a dick
paulw85
Regular

February 2005
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Thu, 09 June 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/me bids

Laughing
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Thu, 09 June 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not really that bothered about my number plate !
if i could have my way i wouldn't have one at all.
I hope somebody is stupid enough to pay that much for them.
I'll sell mine if they do i might even chuck in a free car !

For sale "1GT020"
Bids starting at 1 million dollars.
For the right price i might even throw in my car aswell !
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Thu, 09 June 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like mine. Yes I could have got the full personalised one "Andys" but I am not willing to pay an extra $300 a year for that one. Semi-personalised is fine. It says the same thing anyway.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Thu, 09 June 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys in other states get rolled with the whole personalised plates thing... In Vic once you buy the plate there's no ongoing yearly fees. Very Happy
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Thu, 09 June 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can't figure out your number plate in the configuration requried for each respective state ie SA has to be letters followed by numbers XXXXX 1 etc then you're just not trying hard enough according to my boy. I have to admit, he does have a rather valid point. It's all bout lEE7 sp34k
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Fri, 10 June 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
either 1337 5p34k or just over-the-topness. Anybody with NVS*** or DVS*** plates is a wanker.
p.s. mine are for sale.
50k$ Rolling Eyes

[DR LOVE] Qld plates.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Fri, 10 June 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha noones has bid on any of them.

15k for numberplates....and a FREE mr2 Laughing
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Fri, 10 June 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember i saw that number plate xxx-69x on the red aw11, and you would never ever belive it a really i mean really hot blonde got out of the car. im not a sleazy but i so wanted to go up and say how about it!!!!

i saw her get out of the car in berry. nsw for those who dont know past wollongong towarads nowra, everytime i go throught there i think of that chick.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Fri, 10 June 2005 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 14:12

Caledwvech wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 09:53

Who can knock this one though Smiley =.
Actually, anyone who doesn't like this is gay!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;category=72527&item=4554479550&rd=1

my son is sick he needs punani. give me 2. make sure its ripe let me squeeze. no no, no seeds

oh ya and the xxx69x mr2, i like the way he advertised. comes with free car Laughing
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Sat, 11 June 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
somebodys ganna get hurt really bad... somebody... i wont say who, but i think you know him very well
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Sat, 11 June 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
be a man, do the right thing. maybe u go around e bay and u dont find anything u like. then u come back here and say " Hey! i want the PUNANI numberplate for $500 I say Nooooo, now price go up maybe $1000 dollar!! Be a man!!
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Sun, 12 June 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man!! Caltex plate ??? 50 grand on a 5 grand commodore what a cock scrape. Gee a BP one would be worth shit loads then.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Thu, 16 June 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IBM was advertised for 2.5million last year in the papers, needless to say the last time i saw it they were asking 250K but is still doubt it sold for that much. Very Happy
My uncle owns the number plate 80 in SA thats worth around 25K
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Tue, 21 June 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 00:15

I like the descriptions, RARE Shocked or ONE OF A KIND Shocked

Of course they're one of a kind, otherwise the whole system would be useless Razz

GOLD !

Question: "why do people think number plates are worth $50000?"

Answer: Because some people just aren't confident that they can adequately advertise how big-a-tool they are with their Wanckonvertible. They need the extra jerking power that only massively expensive personal plates can provide!
Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Sat, 29 October 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree that paying $400 a year for plates is pretty steep but if they were cheap than everyone would have one.
Mine causes me nothing but grief iv'e got 'ID WIN' and if i had a dollar for every P plater in their dad's fairmont that tried to race me i'd be a friggen millionare. Or for every time I got pulled over... or for every dick head that yells out 'you'd loose'......like your the first one to ever say that.. wankers.
Any way $50,000....they're dreamin. E-bay should have a 'dick head fine' and every one of these guys should get one.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Sat, 29 October 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This seems dodgy... since when have Victorian plates had the option of having a letters then a number with another letter at the end? I was under the impression that the plates had to be all letters, all numbers or letters then numbers... i don't think you can have numbers following letters.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SPYD3R-VIC-NUMBER-PLATES-FO R-MANY-CARS_W0QQitemZ4585934257QQcategoryZ72527QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Sun, 30 October 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=st184 sillycar wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 11:44

Question: "why do people think number plates are worth $50000?"

Answer: Because some people just aren't confident that they can adequately advertise how big-a-tool they are with their Wankconvertible. They need the extra jerking power that only massively expensive personal plates can provide![/quote]

Shit yeah!!!

also some people think "this is an easy way to make money"....like theyre this great entrapenurial genius...fucking tools - get a real job!!

U know theres 1 billion people living in abject poverty and poser wankers r buying pointless crap like this!!!
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Sun, 30 October 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 18:25

This seems dodgy... since when have Victorian plates had the option of having a letters then a number with another letter at the end? I was under the impression that the plates had to be all letters, all numbers or letters then numbers... i don't think you can have numbers following letters.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SPYD3R-VIC-NUMBER-PLATES-FO R-MANY-CARS_W0QQitemZ4585934257QQcategoryZ72527QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i have a friend who worked briefly for vicroads a couple of weeks ago, this is the case now, can mix letters and numbers. you could use the vicplates site in this manner also (site seems to be down for maintenance at the moment)
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Sun, 30 October 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

be a man, do the right thing. maybe u go around e bay and u dont find anything u like. then u come back here and say " Hey! i want the PUNANI numberplate for $500 I say Nooooo, now price go up maybe $1000 dollar!! Be a man!!

ahahahahahaha, absolutely classic.

as if u guys dunno why ppl get custom plates, cause they increase the value of the car.

it might have been a 5k crapadore, but wif 50k plates on it, the car is worth at least 55k.

plus, custom plates are fulllly sic!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: why do people think number plates are worth $50000? Mon, 31 October 2005 23:34 Go to previous message
b1gb3n wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 15:46

"your mudda sooo fat...when she jump for joy...she get stuck, ok thank you"

russel peters rocks!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Green Screen Material
Next Topic:SoMeThInG tHat RiVaLz TeH FaSt And FuRiOuS SeRiEz Yo'
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:24:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0089719295501709 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar