Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 00:40 Go to next message
Just a random rant, Justified however..

Playing Forza.

I have Toyota 2000GT, and thought, yeah, that'd be great to have an engine transplant for....
I go in, try and do it.. BAAAAAA... Can't do it. No engine's to convert to in the 2000gt.

Then, I win a race and I get the - ever so classic - 240sx, which looks just like an early 300zx.. Figure, what the hell, lets go see what engines you can put in that.

Well, THAT has an sr20 AND an rb26dett that you can put in it. But NOO, don't let the toyota have any decent engines..

poofters..
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but maybe they believe the classic shouldn't be tampered with, i have a 240sx with a rb26 beast not really good for racing but for a muck around its cool.
Oh want a good conversion get the Porsche 550 spyder and throw in the 3.2 motor, 273kw for 600kg fun fun fun.
I also find it gay that you can't turbo or supercharge an ls1 Pontiac GTO i mean there is hundreds of kits that exist for them.
Oh ae86 can have beams 3sge and 3sgte. Camaro can have a C5R racing motor as can the stingray corvette. There's heaps more esp the honda's like crx etc.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have almost finished the game. I love it. So realistic. Smile And I was happy with my MKIII. Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i haven't been playing a lot lately sitting on about 40% completion. I find myself mucking round drifting and doing the motokhana type test tracks for fun Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh heh. I just got my Dodge up to 362 kmph. Friggen scary with the back all over the shop... Shocked
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my skyline up to like 380 on the test bowl thing man that was fun, need to do it with two players though one as a tow car its a nurburring special fully kitted out

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 00:53]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, the old Skyline. That would handle sweet as at that speed. I just want to get to the 400 mark. Havent done that in any game yet. Smile
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 08:58

Ah, the old Skyline. That would handle sweet as at that speed. I just want to get to the 400 mark. Havent done that in any game yet. Smile

cadillac cien in GT4, 428 km/h

eat that.

Eldar.O.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 01:30]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, that is my mission. To get to 429 kmph. Smile
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So Forza Motorsport is a decent game? I'm having fun with GT4, but I wouldn't mind having more racing games Very Happy

edit: my mates and I got something upto about 450 in GT4, maybe the Mark IV Supra? Can't remember, either way the gearbox was wound out ALL the way, and used a full tank of NAAAAWS to do it.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 02:03]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me and my mate towed each other in nfsu2 that way you build up nos found a down hill run and got an rx8 up to 380kmph, and a pontiac gto to 400. Very funny to watch cos the slightest mistake and its all over, pretty much just get a car infront to tow a car with really high gearing up to say 300-340 kmph, then the get the to hit nos, then i hit nos behind with a more aggressive nos injection pull out of draft hold nos down till it runs out and see how fast you can go.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Forza is a good game. It's awesome. The graphics arent brilliant, but they do. And I havent even got to the top level of cars yet, so I assume that they are going to go that fast. Smile Unfortunately no NOS Sad
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try winding the GT4 formula 1 out all the way, see whats possible.

ill try it when i ge thome in 6 hours Very Happy

basically, you get the highest horsepower car you can, wind the tranny all the way out, and get nos

then strap yourself in and go for it Smile

the caddilac cien and F1 are the fastest ive come across, although they certainly arent the only ones.

the cien is something like 940 bhp N/A.

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you guys think of the motokhana tracks i love em, good to set up the car in too, favourite motokhana car probably ferrari 355 challenge modded fully with 423 kw, just increase the clamping pressure of the handbrake for instant lock up and have fun tossing it around. The VIS mrs 2 is great for them also and probably my favourite car, so versatile and easy to drive. Can race it in so many categories depending on mods and one of the quickest cars in each class. Best thing is even if it lacks topspeed, its accleration is nuts so, they can catch up under brakes etc but you gun it out of the corner and wave goodbye Very Happy
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why is it, that every forza thread gets hijacked by gt4 people. Eldar..
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cos they are jealous of our superior game Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havent played any motorkhana tracks. Just been going through the career mode.

The easiest car to drive is so far for me is the probably the evo or sti. The most fun is a little harder. My dodge with 742kw and 1170 Nm of torque and weighing only 1300 kg is fun because you wrestle the car the whole way. It never wants to cooperate, but accelerates so quickly its not funny. Evil or Very Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i found the sti and evo hard to drive damn understeer, i love the rwd cars especially the mr2 and 200sx easy to control quite neutral to mild over steer, a mildy modded pontiac gto is also quite a quick car and easy to drive with style power over on exit if you wish.
I found the Gtr's to be not much chop either the evo's are slightly better than the sti's and my full spec racing evo is pretty good , mind you i'm running 90% rwd bias yay
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I just did the Infield Test Track which I assume is motorkhana, with a turbo 400 odd kw NSX. Wow, now THAT's a handful. Talk about tail happy

But, that said,
I have just started racing iwth my turbo 350Z pushing out a large amount of power, and it's so controlable, it's brilliant. An absolutely joy to drive.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, the gtr has so much understeer it's not funny. But it does stick. Smile

If the Infield Test Track is the motorkhana, then I have done that. That field tests your cars out like no other... And the driver as well. Smile

Havent actually raced in the 350z. Might have to try that now.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no the infield track is just a prick, there is actually motorkhana's tracks with cones in the free run section pretty cool. Very Happy
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mod it up, and it sounds mad... Goes like nothing else too.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats your quickest trip down the quarter, dodgy way is to reverse back than once at the wall dial up revs and hammer it got like 6.9 something in the skyline Very Happy timer only starts timing as you cross the start line.
I think the endurance races are pretty cool although i usually get spun in 1st place by someone on liek the last or second last lap that shits me up the wall. Wink
turboii
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have done 402 kmh in FORZA

all you do is get a jag XJ220, fully modify it then take it to the track.

402 kmh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss sssssy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xj220 is shit mmm kay go get a better car and try again
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 10:50

i haven't been playing a lot lately sitting on about 40% completion. I find myself mucking round drifting and doing the motokhana type test tracks for fun Very Happy

I'm at about 35%.

I tried making a drifting drivatar, but it just registers the corners as being poorly executed and when you observe it after it drivatar is so dodgy. Would have been cool to make a driftatar.

Was playing a mate over xbconnect last night, very cool indeed. Anyone up for a toymods challenge one night?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't have xbl Sad
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.xbconnect.com
Is not xbox live.

Download client to your PC.
Run client and make yourself an account.
Join xbconnect server (like IRC)
Set your console up to system link and in the xbconnect client go to tools and find console.
You or your mates create a game
??????
Profit
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm would i need a wireless network card cos thats what we have in our house. So do you have to go on and play with mates, or can you just challenge anyone on xbox connect
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get an xbox wireless doovalacky, or just get yourself a long cat5 cable and plug directly to your hub.

You can join any server that allows you to. The one's I create with my mates have passwords though to stop randoms joining in.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cable is not possible the modem is about 30 m away by walking and down stairs lol, so it'd have to be a wireless setup. Hmm will talk to my brother about it we just upgraded our net so we have 6 gig a month.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back in the old days, I used to run cables further than that. Surely there's a better way to configure your house. Ie, slap brother upside the head and move the xbox closer to the internet connection. You want it near your computer anyways to be able to type/chat to the folks your playing against.
Anyways, if you want to play it bad enough you'll work something out Smiley =
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets see down stairs one bedroom my brothers and rumpus room with two computers one old shit one and new one and internet access/wireless router. Up stairs loungeroom 3 bedrooms. Xbox is set up in my room with my tv vcr and stereo, its great. I can play from bed lol Very Happy yeah might make it hard to chat.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 13:34

whats your quickest trip down the quarter, dodgy way is to reverse back than once at the wall dial up revs and hammer it got like 6.9 something in the skyline Very Happy timer only starts timing as you cross the start line.
I think the endurance races are pretty cool although i usually get spun in 1st place by someone on liek the last or second last lap that shits me up the wall. Wink

How do you run a 1/4 mile?? Is that in free run as well?

Xbox live is the best thing ever. Halo2 on xbox live in so awesome it's not funny. Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep another free run race
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad. Evil or Very Mad I am there. Want to find out how fast my MKIII is.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get lost in the free race sections just drifting running quarters occasionally high speed testing and of course the motorkhanas, its funny cos car that you think are good turn out to be crap, what you really need is good traction in first gear, plus it takes a bit of skill to slide the cars round the circuit, looks pretty cool. Very Happy
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've done the same thing, but I ran a 20 metre cat5 out the window, down the wall of the house and back in the bottom window.

Kai Xlink works well too though.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i put a 2j in the is200, goes great but can do more with the supra

http://insertdomainnamehere.com/misc/forza.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 06:27]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are the veilside supra's like ie the ones with 744kw i can't be bothered to buy one if they are shit cos they are pretty exy.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havent got one yet, ive done the vw golf cheat and can buy anything and sorter hardly play it now Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the vw golf cheat never heard of it enlighten me please Very Happy
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Free Money

To get a lot of money without racing, buy a WV jetta vr6 glx.Go to the buy upgrades section and then the engine upgrades section. Buy all of the upgrades(every level in every section) but do not buy the upgraded engine.After you have purchased all of the upgrades, buy the other engine for the car, then install the stock engine. now sell the non-stock engine.If you do this correctly you will be able to buy the other engine for about 2,500 CR and sell it for around 45,000.At this point you can repeat thebuy engine/equip stock engine/sell engineroutine to make alot of money really fast, there is no limit to how many times you can do this.

i couldnt get the 45000 they claim i think im getn like 6g but still helps none the less Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 06:57]

Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 14:42

Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 13:34

How do you run a 1/4 mile?? Is that in free run as well?

Xbox live is the best thing ever. Halo2 on xbox live in so awesome it's not funny. Smile

Mehh so over halo2 on xbox live, To many dumb americans that just cheat, even on forza all they do is just race the speed way rings, its so crap when no other aussies are online xbl
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's why you go on xbconnect with a known opponent Smiley =
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im assuming you guys have turned all the handling options off with all the talk about traction? my mates that have got it (2) still use the line Rolling Eyes and they dont reckon it's cheating Confused
i still have all the traction options on, but im only up to about 30% in the career section, and about 5% in arcade mode
but i do run manual now, changing with the right thumbstick on the small controller, so good Cool

anyway, dont have xbox live, and dont play it enough to bother getting xboxconnect or whatever, but i have played it a few times at a mates with a projector Shocked now that's good hehehe
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have never played the game with traction on the only aid i have is the guided line, i play on hard, simulation damage, tyre wear and fuel on only thing left to do is turn the giude off and rive a manual
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg! another who think's driving with the line on is fine No No No
Razz
yeah, ive got simulation damage and fuel/tyre wear (not that ive had to use it yet, havent done any endurance races yet), and ai on medium
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't use it for the line just the braking marker cos some of the mountain stages are decieving Shocked
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look at the map Razz
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Thu, 09 June 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 10:51

i never said anything bad about forza.

but... your right.

Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
448.249 km/h

Smile

Eldar.O.

edit: a short while later,

450.21 Km/h

stick that in your pipe and smoke it Razz

another edit: damn im good,

458.13 km/h

i beleive this to be terminal velocity.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 11:33]

Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Fri, 10 June 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drive with the line as well. Razz It's very conservative so I only use it as a general guide. Smile

Halo2 is awesome. You just gotta get on at the right time. Usually after 12am there are more Brits online. Smile
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Fri, 10 June 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 11:01

I drive with the line as well. Razz

argh! No No No

Razz
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Fri, 10 June 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only thing that I have to say that pisses me off with the game is just before I was playin it on xbl and I was in a race with a whole bunch of americans and what happened was that my car was in front of the pack and this dick head just drafts my car and then smashes right into me say " get that shit out of the way" I was like wat the fuk you dip shit wat the hell are you doing. and after that I get dropped back to last. Luckly I was able to catch up and come 2nd over all so I got to rub it back in that rednecks face.

end rant
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Sun, 19 June 2005 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 21:22

stradlater wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 10:51

i never said anything bad about forza.

but... your right.

Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
448.249 km/h

Smile

Eldar.O.

edit: a short while later,

450.21 Km/h

stick that in your pipe and smoke it Razz

another edit: damn im good,

458.13 km/h

i beleive this to be terminal velocity.

Sorry to hijack again Forza people, but I've got you BEAT Eldar.O. Me and my mate's top speed so far, 508.7 KMP/H AND I have picture proof on my phone! Very Happy I'll post that up tomorrow. Not telling what car Wink, but I can assure it it was done legit (with a massive list of top speeds as we were choosing the best settings for top speed)
opasan
Regular

October 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Wed, 22 June 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gots the game today... a bit late for some ppl... but beta late den never...

top speed so far... 256k's Mr2 Very Happy .... havnt tried the other cars i have....

love the game, but finding hard to get used to shifting gears.. always squeeze the brake button by accident... used to gt4...

Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Sat, 25 June 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Speed: 436km wit Enzo
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Sun, 26 June 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no long freeways, no nos.....

but good game for drifting with a real sense of control

unlike NFSU physics gayness...
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Sun, 03 July 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive been playing this game for past 2 days, so fuckin awesome, heaps better drifting ability than gt4. And the engine transplant idea is so awesome, i've got the 3sgte in the AE86 plus full upgrades, the thing hammers!! 11.900 down the quater, sure not blistering, but when your drifting, it flies.
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: RANT: Forza, please who do you think you are.. Sun, 10 July 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
modified the trueno to the max, i cant even drive or take off normally without doing 180s..

but im used to it now.. kinda cool to drift without hand braking coz youll only have to give more throttle to let the car go loose..

Very Happy
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A little something you might find funny
Next Topic:reality shows
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:50:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012577056884766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.