Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 01:08 Go to next message
just thought i put a reminder in for everyone that this long weekend is another double demerits one, well it is for NSW anyway, don't know about the other state Very Happy
Cheers don't drink and drive, have fun and hope you make it thru the weekend unscathed
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers mate,

You too. Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. And in case you hadn't realised, the double demerits actually started at 12 midnight LAST night, so as of now they are being enforced.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's already taken my friend as a victim Laughing
As of 2 and a half hours ago he doesn't have a license anymore.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reminder cause I drive like a mad khunt at double tha speed all the time, cept for dubble demerits Rolling Eyes

Seriously though, does double demerits really have an effect on peoples driving any more?? I know I drive pretty sensible any way so it doesn't really bother me.

But do crazy mofos tone it down over the weekend?

Oh and it's double demerits for belts and speeding, personally I think if you are too stupid to wear a belt you deserve to superman through your windscreen. Parents who don't belt their kids in deserve a kick in the teeth.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well you don't even have to driving like a nut to lose your license, red p-plater doing 7-15kmph over the speed limit would be loss of license would it not.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it would Corona. My friend got done because he was doing 58 on Windsor Rd.. except that it was school zone time so the limit was 40.
Hi friend lost his license too. For not slowing down to 40 because of a bus Laughing Laughing Laughing That one would really piss me off!
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OOOhhh. That's unlucky.

I seriously think people do go slow. Like on Pennant Hills Rd. There are certain places there that no one ever goes the speed limit. Except for on DD weekends. Then everyone is doing the speed limit.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

red p-plater doing 7-15kmph over the speed limit would be loss of license would it not.

meh, P-platers.

It's not that hard to coordinate the right foot and only depress the velocitator enough to maintain the speed limit in your ottomobile Very Happy

Do the crime - do the time
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 11:52

OOOhhh. That's unlucky.

I seriously think people do go slow. Like on Pennant Hills Rd. There are certain places there that no one ever goes the speed limit. Except for on DD weekends. Then everyone is doing the speed limit.

Yeah it reminds me of Kissing Point Rd. People do try and go slow.. people usually slow down to about 55ish which is understandable because it's very annoying going from 70 to 40 for a hundred metres. It is unlucky.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA had it last weekend.
Some dude lost about 28points in 2 hrs.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now thats an effort and a half, what a knob
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Fri, 10 June 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, that must be a record Rolling Eyes

and yeah, my mate got done last double demerits weekend (easter?) for 63 in a 50, he's got about 80 days to go out of 3 months

edit: i dont have an engine for my car anyway, so i definetely wont be losing my license Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2005 08:27]

Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Sat, 11 June 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 18:23

haha, that must be a record Rolling Eyes

and yeah, my mate got done last double demerits weekend (easter?) for 63 in a 50, he's got about 80 days to go out of 3 months

edit: i dont have an engine for my car anyway, so i definetely wont be losing my license Sad

You could always roll it down a big hill, that could get you over Razz
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: just a reminder drive safely this weekend, double demerits start Sat, 11 June 2005 05:16 Go to previous message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 11:41

Seriously though, does double demerits really have an effect on peoples driving any more??

Yep, whenever it's double demerits you get the dickheads who ride their brakes all the time sitting 10-15k's under the limit Mad Had a bloke in front of me on the highway last night who wouldn't go over 90kph in the 110 zone...

[Updated on: Sat, 11 June 2005 05:17]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A Fully Sik Ad at ebay
Next Topic:Where to buy pressure sensors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 09:41:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086910724639893 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.