Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Modifying the gas bonnet shocks Sun, 12 June 2005 02:48 Go to next message
I've heard of this being done, but even after trawling the murkey bowels of toymods I still can't find it.

What I remember seeing was someone with an MA61 who had changed the gas bonnet shocks to much longer ones. The end result being a bonnet that opened up to about 90 degrees rather than the usual 45 or so. Now I'm a tall beanpole of a fellow, so this would be hugely useful for me while working on the car. Infact it'd probably be usefull for anyone who works on their car a lot, as it affords a much wider range of movement around the engine bay.

Can anyone tell me what shocks were used, and what (if any) modifications to the mounting points are required?
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Modifying the gas bonnet shocks Sun, 12 June 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
undo the 4 bolts and the bonnet comes off... dont know about the car but mine wouldnt open to 90 degrees the top of the bonnet would hit the top of the firewall..

DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Modifying the gas bonnet shocks Sun, 12 June 2005 08:25 Go to previous message
better yet how can i insert gas shocks on my celica? your right its probably too much effort, the ones on my boot need replaceing. with the extra weight of neons on it it will close on its own!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:battery in boot....St18*
Next Topic:2tgeu bell housing on 3tgte??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:14:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064890384674072 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.