trying to organise some better pictures

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/images/melb0411.JPG

http://insertdomainnamehere.com/gallery/Concept

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 11:58]

Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that the one thats on those tv ads??

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havent seen, looks like its been around for a year but ive never seen it

i want one Cool
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh its on the ads like every 1/2hr over here. I dont mind it, Id probably take one.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got some nice shots, got some of the engine too

will post them up at some stage
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get to drive it? Evil or Very Mad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thing is crap.

Who the HELL designs a car for 14 to 18 year olds? WTF?! You don't even get your licence till your 18. 18-25 year olds would be a MUCH better market, as they actualy DRIVE... damn it.

Also, speed monitoring, adaptable licence plate for drive ID... big brother anyone? (and no, not that shitty TV show).

A car designed for 14-18 year olds should be an el cheapo 1.0ltr 3cyl tiny little second hand car, 'cuz that's all they'll be able to afford. Razz

188kw turbocharged AWD? Under the new P plater laws not even 18 year olds will be allowed to drive it.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh im not 18 and p plate rules dont apply Evil or Very Mad

the speed limiting will be a win for younger drivers, the only thing im not sure about is how it verifys you like you could plug in your parents and not have capped speed Razz

its begging for a 1jz though or more likely a 2j

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 04:03]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 13:40

Get to drive it? Evil or Very Mad

nope Sad

hell to get to the engine they have to pull the whole bonnet off
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

hell to get to the engine they have to pull the whole bonnet off

Rolling Eyes thats practicle
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen,I saw it at the motor show years ago and it just looked cheap...Nice work toyota,just bring back the fukkn sprinter or a rwd celica for christ sake Mad
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be honest... if these were available right now, and i could pick one up for about..sayyy... $30K tomorrow in japan... i would buy it straight away.

in fact, find me one in japan (for that price) and i WILL buy it Razz

Cya, Stewart
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it come in black?

21 inch wheels from factory. WHY??
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 17:43

21 inch wheels from factory. WHY??

cos it's fully sik to all us young people Rolling Eyes
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
14-18 year olds? what sort of 18 year old can afford a brand new 4wd turbo, and the insurance associated with it? definitely very small percentage of the population.

toyota should build it as a new gt four. god knows toyota need some balls in their australian lineup.

the rx-8 and 350z have proved very sucessful for mazda and nissan, so why are toyoa so fuckin scared of bringing out a brand new performance car? they used to do it so well...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 16:05

Thats one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen,I saw it at the motor show years ago and it just looked cheap...Nice work toyota,just bring back the fukkn sprinter or a rwd celica for christ sake Mad

yea same... i wish they would start to use REAL metal again, u know, the kind that rusts n shit
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I've got a photo of the real thing from last years Melbourne Motor Show. See I'm from Tasmania and even I'VE seen it. Laughing
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the look of it Smile
Also they said they created something that would appeal to 14-18 year olds and included input from 14-18 year olds. It doesn't mean they designed the car ONLY for 14-18 year olds.
As for speed monitoring I'm sure nobody will be able to monitor your speed. I'm guessing the transponder will send out a signal saying the limit is 60 and the speedo of the sportivo coupe will adjust itself accordingly. So it works kind of like an at-the-moment thing if you know what I mean.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the idea of replacing number plates with that driver id thing.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 16:14

to be honest... if these were available right now, and i could pick one up for about..sayyy... $30K tomorrow in japan... i would buy it straight away.

Stewart,

if you can find a genuine corolla rally car (as used in the ARC), you'll find it's really a ST205 with the wrong body bolted on. Has the same brakes, engine, transmission and probably front suspension.

If the Bates crew in canberra can get them landed in Oz, perhaps you can locate locally Very Happy
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2.4 Turbo.. interesting.. bet its a CT26 from a 7M Rolling Eyes or not
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its just a concept car guys, no need to get all upset about it.

I mean, you should be happy that they went to the trouble of chucking on a huffer on it, as most cars Toyota is bringing out these days are n/a.

Its also got some pretty cool ideas, like the Driver ID and this cool digital speedo thing they built for it.

The rims are pretty 'sik' too. Apparently they are one off's built especailly for the car.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 20:22

oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 16:14

Stewart,

if you can find a genuine corolla rally car (as used in the ARC), you'll find it's really a ST205 with the wrong body bolted on. Has the same brakes, engine, transmission and probably front suspension.

If the Bates crew in canberra can get them landed in Oz, perhaps you can locate locally Very Happy

Sorry, your description of the Bates Corollas isn't that simple.
For starters, they're 5 door hatches not 3 door.
Most of the running gear is ST205, but not the front suspension (it looks identical to my Caldina - which came in a turbo 4wd version) & I suspect the rear suspension is Jap spec Corolla AWD version with an ST205 diff & rear brakes. But I haven't got anything to compare to, so don't quote me on that.

Plus this year, they're not running the ST205 water-air intercooler. Instead they've got a front mount.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 20:46

2.4 Turbo.. interesting.. bet its a CT26 from a 7M Rolling Eyes or not

from wilbo's discussions with their mechanics: ST205 based 3sgte, ST205 brakes, machined down to fit under the 15" wheels, rear also machined down.

wagonist

Sorry, your description of the Bates Corollas isn't that simple.
yes, i know it was a gross generalisation Laughing

it's just that it would be a far more attractive sportz car than a NA corolla with flares on steriods.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 11:58]

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, Oz rally car must run 15" wheels. This is why the STi WRXs run normal WRX brakes & the EVOs run normal Lancer brakes.

So yes, the brakes are machined down.
But mainly, he fronts are machined down so the ST205 calipers fit onto the factory mounting points (I have an identical setup on my Caldina, follow the brake upgrade link in my sig to see why)
The rears don't have to be machined down from 315 to fit, but to fit under the 15s they do.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a 2.4 from a 2002 camry with a GT25 Garret turbo

180kw they claim

http://insertdomainnamehere.com/gallery/Concept

pictures at above url

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 11:54]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Wed, 15 June 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must admit I kinda like it, 21" rims are a little much for my liking, but this is a pretty nice car. Not slow either. I'd buy it if it was the right price.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Thu, 16 June 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 23:06

I must admit I kinda like it, 21" rims are a little much for my liking, but this is a pretty nice car. Not slow either. I'd buy it if it was the right price.

like i said, 30K and i'll buy it tomorrow....

that or maybe a nissan cube car Razz

http://www.wald.com.hk/nissan/cube/cube-CG-F.jpg

Very Happy
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Thu, 16 June 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 15:37

http://www.wald.com.hk/nissan/cube/cube-CG-F.jpg

hehehe i love pimpin cars. well, in a 'funny' kinda way
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Thu, 16 June 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 22:44

its a 2.4 from a 2002 camry with a GT25 Garret turbo

180kw they claim

http://insertdomainnamehere.com/concept/

pictures at above url

Damn, I was hoping for a 22R with a massif turbo strapped to teh side... one day Laughing
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Thu, 16 June 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i saw the 1st car on tv i thought it was the new supra from a glance, corrolla huh hmmmmm thats a rolla id love Smile
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Toyota Sportivo Coupe Concept Thu, 16 June 2005 10:16 Go to previous message
BOCKA wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 20:00

when i saw the 1st car on tv i thought it was the new supra from a glance, corrolla huh hmmmmm thats a rolla id love Smile

dont think its a rolla, just called 'sportivo'
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:crazy mofo's...
Next Topic:Hook up History (yes im VERY bored)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:50:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078518390655518 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.