Toymods » Cruises and Events » IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Indi
Regular

December 2004
IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Wed, 15 June 2005 03:37 Go to next message
From the IDA site

Initial Drift Australia will be holding another of its hugely popular Skid Circuit days at Eastern Creek on the 18/05/05.

The relaxed day of drifting starts off with the morning wet session (From 9am-1pm) and then progressing through to the dry afternoon (From 1pm-5pm). This is a good day for first timers who are not confident in their skill, start out on the wet track hone your skills and then make the switch to the dry track. This is great to get to know the dynamics of your car and predict how it will react on a dry track.

For the more experienced drifters, this is a great opportunity to get some practice time in before the 3nd Round of the NSW Drift Championship. Final setups can be decided on and the extra track time is a bonus to get your skills fine tuned.

Numbers are limited to around 20 cars per session with preference given to members.

Track Fees are as follows:

Non Member Half Day $75
Non Member Full Day $130

Member Half Day $60
Member Full Day $100

CAMS Day License $20
Members can purchase a YEARLY CAMS license for $46 (must be a member of a CAMS affiliated club)

You can join on the day for $170 and apply for license ($120 yearly membership $50 administration fee).

As per usual head to toe coverage in a non flammable material is a must, along with your helmet (AS1698).
  Send a private message to this user    
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Wed, 15 June 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is anyone else going to this? I'll be there again, this time in MY OWN CAR!!!! Shocked hahaha
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey indi
Im trying to get my shite in a pile to get out there. Im cutting it pretty fine, i only just got the front suspension in late last night, and ive still gotta bleed the brakes, and sort out a few other minor issues before i can drive it, and i still have to run in the LSD Confused Hopefully go for a drive tonnight, and see if everything beds in ok (new LSD, new susp, new brakes etc.)

Craig
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe I haven't done my suspension yet, I wonder if I'm gonna get sea sick Laughing
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine was HORRIBLE, not only swaying side to side, but changing direction mid corner, and constantly pulling to the right, not good if i fall asleep at the wheel Shocked !!!!
Thats why i thought i may as well put it all in while im down there Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe stock suspension rocks not, i remember the poor rona, was hang on to anything you could for passengers if i went thru a round about with any speed. Whats that the door sills are touching the ground and the other side has about 2 feet of clearance.
Be afraid be very afraid if i rock up cos i will come in tow with my camera and anything that happens will be caught on film.
Still tossing up whether i should come and have a geezer and take some photos. That will give me all day sunday, monday and tuesday night, all day wednesday and thursday and half a day friday to study.
Hmmm *thinks about sneekingly removing steelies from backyard and bring them out to eastern creek*, not yet though.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, if i get out to this, or even at Fatz, expect me to do something embarrasing, cos i havnt driven this car in anger once yet, only a little single spinner action around the corners on McCarrs Creek, damn open centre Sad
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Thu, 16 June 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, its not looking good for me, everything is together, and runs fine but no brakes!! Mad Mad Mad
Ill still come out to spectate though.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Sat, 18 June 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This was such a great day! I had so much track time that now my whole body is aching and I'm completely exhausted! Still I cant wait to go drifting again next weekend at Fatz Drift Day Razz

It was great finally getting sideways in my own car instead of having to borrow John's, many thanks to those who made it possible Steve, John, Kris and Keven for all helping install my 2-way LSD and to Beau for giving me his spare tailshaft Cool Yay for hachi drivers!!!!

I can't wait to see some photos of my boat drifting Very Happy

It was good to meet Lucid in person too, although I'm sorry I didnt get much of a chance to talk to you I hope you enjoyed the day too!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Mon, 20 June 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Indi, good to see you out there - Looked like you were having a blast! Smile

Anyway, got a selection of some of my pictures up here:
http://www.luc1d.net/drift/oran_park_180605/

Overall I wasn't 100% happy with what I shot, but a few still came out ok..
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Tue, 21 June 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great pics, I love this one Very Happy

http://www.luc1d.net/drift/oran_park_180605/IMG_65 93.JPG

Just before you appeared at my window I heard someone near the car say "its a chick!" was that you?
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Tue, 21 June 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

No - I don't think it was me. I did have a mate with me who may have said something, but I'm not sure sorry!
Todd
Regular

October 2003
Re: IDA drift day at Eastern Creek Skid Pan 18/06/05 Tue, 21 June 2005 08:45 Go to previous message
hey guys,
i only just saw this thread but i was out there in my soarer that day, i only did the wet morning session but.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dirty Ibis Drift return to Twilight 10/06/05
Next Topic:Toyo Drift Nationals Round 3 - Entry Forms Now Available
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 23:49:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062940120697021 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.