Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 19 June 2005 13:45 Go to next message
Just starting a thread in advance for the next drift practice.

I know this is a lot to ask, but how about toymodders, be spectators or drivers, introduce themselves to anyone sniffing around a toyota.

Also someone with a gze bring their sprinter!! I want to look at your alternator setup!

maybe we could hold a toymods diff welding day before hand?? haha

if the weather is dodgy all you 4ac bastards have no exuse not to enter!!

cyas there.
  Send a private message to this user    
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 19 June 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'M TRYING GOD DAMN IT!!! ALL I NEED IS WIRING!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 19 June 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shiri, pm me for help in melbourne... i have recently wired my 4age and may be able to help with any mysteries regarding your conversion you may have... or maybe i'll just come around and drink all your beer and tell you to put 4ac back in...

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2005 14:28]

Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 19 June 2005 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be coming to this one, i was supposed to go to some of the previouse ones but my car keeps breaking down Mad
My Lsd should be here in a week Very Happy
I'll take it easy in the mean time and hope nothing breaks.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 19 June 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should make it to this one. But I have a bunch of work to do before Adelaide so could conceivably have bits missing on the crucial night.

As I've said many times before, if you want your diff welded PM me. It may not be the best long term option, but it works.

As for the ZE alternator, mine sits in the normal spot, and just clears the swaybar (most of the time). It has a few bash marks on it, but nothign serious.

Hen
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 20 June 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Otherwise I have some 20V alternator brackets to put the alternator on the upper lhs but I dunno if you can do it if your still supercharging.

I will be there fitting fucken tyres again!! Mad

Jezza
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 20 June 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there to spectate definately
Not goin to say i am goin to drive because i know i cant afford it, entry fee or the panel damage Shocked

Hope to see a big turn out

Cheers
Shtock
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 20 June 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there gonna be like a beginners section?? I've never drifted before. How much does it cost to participate and also do i need a helmet?
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 20 June 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StockAE86 wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 11:09

I will be there to spectate definately
Not goin to say i am goin to drive because i know i cant afford it, entry fee or the panel damage Shocked

Hope to see a big turn out

Cheers
Shtock

panel damage doesn't cost anything! Very Happy
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 20 June 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kikaider wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 18:58

Is there gonna be like a beginners section?? I've never drifted before. How much does it cost to participate and also do i need a helmet?

http://www.fulllock.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=113 0

last practice night announcement... but i'm sure it still applies.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 20 June 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1- Yeh, there sure is a beginners section.
2- It cost $80 to participate and u might as well bring a freind along as u get 1 free "pit crew member" entry.
3- Yes you do need a helmet. If u dont have 1 of ur own or cant borrow 1 from a friend you can hire 1 at calder for $20.

As for me, I will definately be there in the N/A 86 (i'll be driving this time, not my sexy girlfriend Wink ) .
Hope to see more 86's (or toyota's in general) as my car was very lonely last time.

Peace. Smile
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 20 June 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRFTAE86 wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 20:04

As for me, I will definately be there in the N/A 86 (i'll be driving this time, not my sexy girlfriend Wink ) .
Hope to see more 86's (or toyota's in general) as my car was very lonely last time.

awesome... i'll introduce myself this time... and i'll stay away from alexia... promise!!
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 20 June 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Don't worry if you're a beginner. I'm pretty sure the "beginner" section will be open, but you can have a go on both tracks for a bit of variety. And that's what these nights are all about, improving your skills, no matter how good or bad they are beforehand.

Yes you need a helmet, as said you can borrow or hire one, or you can buy a THH open face one for around $70.

Hen
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Tue, 21 June 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might actually get out there this time, my car seems to be runing pretty well now i have hooked up most of the "non essential" sensors.

only question is, is it worth going with an unlimited slip S series diff? i have heard from a few people that if you have a standard diff you may as well not bother.

oh yeah, and my car looks like absolute shit, but maybeye its my turn to get laughed at, goodness knows i have dealt it out to the falcons, commodores and utes (and i even laughed at a certain defensless T-18 once, im sorry toyota)
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Tue, 21 June 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best bit: July 13 is my birthday, and Don's gonna be overseas, so can't stop me taking the 1JZ-XF ute Razz
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Tue, 21 June 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like i'll be out there... got wiring done yesterday!
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Tue, 21 June 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw an xf "drifting" at calder a while back, so here are some suggestions

1. dont wear a flannelette shirt

2. write "fujiwara building supplies" on the side in english

3. put heaps of balls in the tray and video tape them showing 1337 weight transfer techniques

4. dont bother doing anything, as you can actually drift and the sound of a 1JZGTE will speak for itself
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Tue, 21 June 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Don't knock the flannie, or I'll go back to orange overalls
2. Bring a texta, and write on the ute yourself Razz
3. I'll put an old brown couch in the tray, and you can sit there with a camera. Are you game?
4. That's debatable.
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Tue, 21 June 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh mad! some interest for once! well done shiri, was it the threat of someone you didn't know that made your other friend come around and wire up your engine?

henn: may need to get you to weld my diff for beer, and possibly hack my springs for "mad handling" - and before anyone says anything about buying springs and they are cheap and i'm a tight arse and that lowering your car does nothing for handling.... I rear ended a car the other day, and my bonnet hit their bumper bar... so not only do i not have any money at the moment, but body roll is a problem.

This meet should be fun. Whos got a hydrolic jack?

and rthy, give me those damn 14s dammit!
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Tue, 21 June 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Devo, PM me about welding diff etc. I also have a spare set of King springs and monroe gas shocks you could borrow rather than chopping springs (I know not quite at hektik, but works ok).

Drop me a line and we can sort it out.

I'm all up for the couch position in the ute. As long as I can drink VB or Woodstock cans and throw empties and all those Jap hairdresser cars that insist on turning up.

Hen
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 22 June 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i have a standard mz20. Dont know if it has LSD. I doubt it does. Are passengers allowed onto the track?
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 22 June 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be there to spectate depending if I get my car engineered and the rego details changed in time... Wink
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 22 June 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no passengers allowed unfortunately, which is a pity because i want to get some pointers, and check out a few people's suspension setups.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 22 June 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inertia wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 17:48

I might be there to spectate depending if I get my car engineered and the rego details changed in time... Wink

OH OH OH its ready man?? Cool The misses car should be properly reg'd in by end of next week hopefully. She's in getting it all looked over tommorow to fix shit needed to reg. Then back to get all the other stuff sorted.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 22 June 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is ready... probably going to need suspension soon enough and a lick of paint, but all running good, cept a front wheel bearing or something (fixing on the weekend).

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-4-1119171733.jpg
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 22 June 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might bust it out for dorifto practice one night (well drive down and watch)
http://img298.echo.cx/img298/2115/d2fb6a5a6bf.th.jpg
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 22 June 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chalk up another toyota out their, ra65 Very Happy

Begginers section of course and this time the car wont be stock Laughing

Should have my springs in, and either a locked diff or mini spool, depending on how much money i have left a few other goodies

*edit*

might not be able to get out on the track after all, all depends on my money situation but i'll be spectating again if i cant make it Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 16:07]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 22 June 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the back section like for walls and crap?
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 22 June 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~awcabren/drift.avi

heres a video of the beginers section from feb this year, only real dangerous bit is the main straight on the way back, but as they have the track set up now its clock wise and u get to the S's and come back across the grass
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 22 June 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally think that the beginners section is a little more scary for walls and all. At the start you have a wall directly at the left of track, so feignt entries are very scary, and after the first turn the outside wall seems to close in quickly.

Having said that, I think it is very hard to hit any walls around the whole track (yes, ok, I've done it before), it usually happens when people try and fishy the main straight or push it too hard under the bridge. If you don't try and go mental you'll be fine.

Hen
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Thu, 23 June 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was contemplating the mr2 thats all. Getting impatient waiting for rolla funding.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Fri, 24 June 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 09:18

I personally think that the beginners section is a little more scary for walls and all. At the start you have a wall directly at the left of track, so feignt entries are very scary, and after the first turn the outside wall seems to close in quickly.

Hen

Alexia found out this when she came out of that corner a little wide. She wasn't goin that fast, but once she got on that wet grass all i could do was watch as she gracefully slid towards the wall.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/DRFTAE86/damage.jpg
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Fri, 24 June 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch!

those long ziptie whiskers looked pretty cool

looks like hammertime
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Fri, 24 June 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a pic of calder

http://web.aanet.com.au/devolutio/calder.jpg
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Fri, 24 June 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now that's just showing off your "I can find aerial pictures of stuff" abilities.

Cool shot though.

Hen
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sat, 25 June 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who votes they open up the thunderdome to us idiots Laughing
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sat, 25 June 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know if you would want to go out there, i heard it was pretty bumpy these days
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sat, 25 June 2005 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn I'd love to get out there, on the forum they mention you need to be licenced... I mean since when do you need a drivers licence to drive on a race track?! Gives me more impression to rip up my neighbourhood more and endanger the lives of civilian drivers Razz

Might be there to spectate Razz

Kev.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 26 June 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StockAE86 wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 01:05

I dont know if you would want to go out there, i heard it was pretty bumpy these days

Yeah apparently the track is sliding down towards the sentre of the dome...

Still should let us out there Evil or Very Mad

Jezza
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Fri, 08 July 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which part of the track is the beginners section? i'm tempted to bring my new ride down Very Happy
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Fri, 08 July 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://web.aanet.com.au/devolutio/beginners.jpg

that part I'm pretty sure.
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sat, 09 July 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rain forecast for wednesday - so assuming it doesn't get cancelled (has it ever been?) there is no excuse for anyone not to enter!

woot!
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sat, 09 July 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rain gods have awnsered the prayers of the 4ac and open diff owners. Confused

Theres no excuses now.

I'll see the 86 killers out there!

Peace. Smile
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sat, 09 July 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know if there would be any problems with having 2 drivers for one car? like it is $80 per car entry and not driver entry right?

I'm hoping for rain!
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sat, 09 July 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, it's $80 per driver technically. And they'll pull you up for it... if they notice.

Hen
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sat, 09 July 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can anyone weld my diff here before wednesday? my lsd will get here on tuesday wednesday -thursday and i wont have time to chuck it on....
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sat, 09 July 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bring me your diff centre tomorrow with a slab and I will return you a locked diff.

I will be at a factory in Preston. PM to organise details.

Hen

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2005 13:32]

DRiiFT_King
Regular

November 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 10 July 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
devolutio wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 17:20

Rain forecast for wednesday - so assuming it doesn't get cancelled (has it ever been?) there is no excuse for anyone not to enter!

woot!

yeah its been Canceled once that i know of, but they had it on two weeks later?

is there any where to park in side the gates? i normaly park out side, but this time in bringing the hachi
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 10 July 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I won't be able to make it after all guys... turns out i have to take my gearbox off again and fart around with a bunch of other things...

hope you guys have fun! someone take pics

shiri
Leigh AE71
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 10 July 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If my AE71 holds up i should be there. And why would the 4AC guys only come if it rains, is the calder surface extremely grippy or something.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 10 July 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most 4AC owners use the 4ac as an excuse not do anything, but cruise. Confused
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 10 July 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its getting closer!

Henn: ur coming out yeh? Smile

Shiri: sorry to hear u wont be coming (again). Rolling Eyes

Instigator_PsY: look forward to seeing you there.Smile

EDIT: I'll be putting on the PIPE "muffler" to try scare off the Nissans Very Happy

(Only ever used it once to hear how loud it would be, 1 lap around my block then i ripped it off, put it in a box, locked it up and buried it! Swore i would never use it again....
BUT now it has resurface and its back! It brings doom and death to all our ears! mmuuuuhhahahahaa!)

[Updated on: Sun, 10 July 2005 23:30]

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Sun, 10 July 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that should be cool.

i can still hear mine from when i drove it to the exhaust shop with nothing but the downpipe attatched.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 11 July 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha, i went though the same thing when i got my exhuast done.
Nothing but half extractors. Laughing
If you can remember what that sounded like, having my PIPE "muffler" on is close to the same. (too bad i put in a resonator in the middle of the exhuast system now.It Would have been more fun having the stright through again).
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 11 July 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying my best to make it, but I still need to do a lot of stuff on my car, plus work insists that I do other things for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. How inconsiderate is that?

Hen
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Mon, 11 July 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those selfish bastards! Mad
Hope u make it. Smile
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 13 July 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just finished puting the locked diff in 2 hours to late Sad
Damn work! ohwell there allways next time Mad
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 13 July 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We tried driving my ZE to the exhaust shop, but hardly made it 20meters... it was wayy too loud... trailered it...
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 13 July 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inertia wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 21:36

We tried driving my ZE to the exhaust shop, but hardly made it 20meters... it was wayy too loud... trailered it...

Wow fergus that really interesting....!?

Wasnt that a couple of months ago now?

Instigator thats shit as mate.

All my nice welding and now it has to sit for another month....or does it.... Evil or Very Mad

Drift night was really shit.

Glad you could all make it Rolling Eyes

See ya all next time...! Shocked

Jezza
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: DORIFTO PRACTICE July 13th - cmon toymodders!! Wed, 13 July 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Well, what can I say...

I packed the trailer, packed some sandwiches, and headed off to Calder, and showed sensational form - although not with drifting. Rather than the usual half dozen or so laps, I got told off after the first one tonight, and then asked if I might like to leave the track a little bit before the end. Oh darn.

The wet didn't really do much to help even me - probably shouldn't have stuck with the completely bald front tyres though!
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dyno day at R.R.D in Melbourne (This Sat.)
Next Topic:sat the 16th
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:02:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081849098205566 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.