Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
icon14.gif  Do fish fart? Tue, 21 June 2005 14:37 Go to next message
Shocked
i have gold fish at my house and i think i heard my fish fart!!

anyone else heard their fish fart?

cheers
will
Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Do fish fart? Tue, 21 June 2005 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any bubbles?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Do fish fart? Tue, 21 June 2005 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm how did you hear it? Confused
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Do fish fart? Tue, 21 June 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86Boy wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 00:37

Shocked
i have gold fish at my house and i think i heard my fish fart!!

anyone else heard their fish fart?

cheers
will
Laughing Laughing Laughing

have you been drinking while taking prescription medicine???
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Do fish fart? Tue, 21 June 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is a frogs arse water tight???

i can't see any reason why i COULDN'T fart... it's got a digestive tract.. it eats... it's all the same thing.. except you'd SEE the fart... i'm sure it wouldn't be loud enough to hear... unless your fish is a pilot fish, or some huge mutha
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do fish fart? Wed, 22 June 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno about goldfish but when I kept South American Cichlids (BIG Fish that are known to prey on piranha) they would definitely fart. Never heard it tho, definitely saw it. Those suckers would do the largest horrible turds too (looked suspiciously like digested goldfish lol).
Hickosbro said:
Quote:

i can't see any reason why i COULDN'T fart

You can fart mate, your can if you really want to lol. You can do eeeet!

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 05:21]

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do fish fart? Wed, 22 June 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*obvious whisper* i think he's drunk *obvious whisper*

look at the original time! Laughing
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Do fish fart? Wed, 22 June 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL

he usually is at work at that time - but he may well be behaving like that from lack of sleep Razz

Go to sleep Will !!!! Laughing
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Do fish fart? Wed, 22 June 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Des, not lack of sleep.. Will has lost the plot due to lack of drift.. ive seen this type of thing happen.. it needs treatment immediately.

take 2 tablespoons of stolen cash to fix *insert drift damange related problem here* after lunch

then immediately after, drink a glass of water and hit the OP for an all nighter...

and if symptoms re-occur, consult your drift doctor for a possible new location to practice dori dori.

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Do fish fart? Fri, 24 June 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 18:39

Des, not lack of sleep.. Will has lost the plot due to lack of drift.. ive seen this type of thing happen.. it needs treatment immediately.

take 2 tablespoons of stolen cash to fix *insert drift damange related problem here* after lunch

then immediately after, drink a glass of water and hit the OP for an all nighter...

and if symptoms re-occur, consult your drift doctor for a possible new location to practice dori dori.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: Do fish fart? Fri, 24 June 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes lack of dori dori indeed Laughing Laughing Embarassed Mad

must... fix.... car!
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Do fish fart? Sat, 25 June 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
back on topic a "fart" is air. since fish don't really have "air" in the sence in them then i would say a fish fart would be very runny indeed. unless they sucked in some air from above the water or something. just my 2c
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do fish fart? Sat, 25 June 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A fart is gas dude, not air. You don't fart by sucking in air do you, (at least I hope not)? Gas can be produced by matter decomposing or breaking down. Air don't have to be involved in this.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Do fish fart? Sat, 25 June 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 11:39

back on topic a "fart" is air. since fish don't really have "air"

Did you know that Over 60% of the worlds oxygen comes from the ocean so your statement about the fish not having air is incorrect in fact fish and all marine animals need oxygen to survive

To answer the original question yes fish do fart but no you didn't hear it

Blinkyt18
Cichlids do not prey on piranha Rolling Eyes

Ben
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: Do fish fart? Sat, 25 June 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeez funny how fish farts seem to be a hot topic...
Bored bunch of nutters yeah??

Dog farts always always smell like something crawled up their asses and died!!
funny how dogs look at you after they let one rip! Laughing
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do fish fart? Sat, 25 June 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86Boy wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 22:21

Jeez funny how fish farts seem to be a hot topic...
Bored bunch of nutters yeah??

Dog farts always always smell like something crawled up their asses and died!!
funny how dogs look at you after they let one rip! Laughing

It's 'cuz the stuff they eat, does indeed die. Think of it, something is dead, inside them, and decomposing.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Do fish fart? Sun, 26 June 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.smellypoop.com/farts.html

all your answers are here

i like this question

Is is possible that, by inhaling other people's farts all day long, my own farts will smell more?
(Question submitted by MtBfTr)

No, inhaled farts would go into the lungs rather than into the digestive system, and would simply be exhaled again, although it might be possible that some of the fart components might be absorbed into the blood. If you wanted to benefit from other people's farts in the way you describe, you would have to swallow them somehow.
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do fish fart? Sun, 26 June 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Blinkyt18
Cichlids do not prey on piranha

As a matter of fact some of them do Mr Fish expert. I've seen the underwater footage of it when I was a Cichlid mad breeder. I kept open water predators in swimming pools. The largest fish I grew was a Peacock Bass (it's a cichlid) and it was about 85cm long and had a mouth like a bucket with teeth. Do your research and you will find that a number of South American esturine Cichlids go upriver to chow on the dreaded Piranha as well as camo hunting river Cichlids that also eat them. In a tank, Piranha will wallop most fish, especially the black variety (except the convict cichlids they make piranha piss). Your average Piranha is about 11 inches long mature so it stands to reason that larger fish will chomp then down out in the open water. I had a Dovii (wolf cichlid) about 24 inches long and that thing ate ANYTHING, I got it a large armoured catfish and it ate it like it was a happy meal. It was the meanest bastard fish I have ever seen. All of the above Big Cichlids are also known as 'Tankbusters' because of their ability to actually break fishtanks.

On topic, these fish all did really dirty messy turd/farts. I needed major filtration to keep the tanks clean. You could actually smell it in the air after they turd/farted.

I'm not going to post any more on this topic cos I'm wayyyy to interested in this for it to be healthy lol.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2005 05:34]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Do fish fart? Sun, 26 June 2005 08:28 Go to previous message
Siktoy ra23 wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 22:16

ndgcpr wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 11:39

back on topic a "fart" is air. since fish don't really have "air"

Did you know that Over 60% of the worlds oxygen comes from the ocean so your statement about the fish not having air is incorrect in fact fish and all marine animals need oxygen to survive

To answer the original question yes fish do fart but no you didn't hear it

Blinkyt18
Cichlids do not prey on piranha Rolling Eyes
Ben

i'd agree. Fish obtain their oxygen by diffusion from the water, but it's not involved in digestion and all that (not that i know of Razz )

So i reckon they would...my cat ripped one today, had to leave the house Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Grocery Store Wars
Next Topic:linking to sites in signature
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:02:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072190761566162 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.