Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 01:31 Go to next message
so i was wondering what to buy when i stumbled across this yard.. (at kita sanjuuichi-jou, nishi yon-chome, kita-ku, sapporo Wink )

GT-T??
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/caldina-gt-t-sml.jpg
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/caldina-gt-t-sml2.jpg
unfortunately it may be taken... thats ok, i'd prefer a black one anyway Razz

or for a few yen more...
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/crown-sml.jpg
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/chaser-sml.jpg

mmm maybe a 6 pack of crownies??
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/crowns4sale-sml.jpg
ahh, geez i'm funny Razz
Cya, Stewart

yes, i will make a dedicated photo thread, but for now it's a bitsa effort...
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy that caldina damnit it looks very nice
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it does.. TV DVD, 4WD, moon roof.. 50,000km..
but it is already "in negotiation"... if it's still there in a week and a bit when i next get paid.. i might just get it Razz heh heh... also depends on how it drives.... if it's uninspiring, i might have to look for something else... Sad
maybe even a.. gasp... subaru..

Cya, Stewart
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is a very nice looking sports wagon.

Out of interest, how much $AUS are we talking for a car like that?

-Adam
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That caldina gt is dead sexy u gotta buy Very Happy but does depend how they feel to drive too
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Caldina isn't available for import in the normal ways, so your chances of getting the GT-T here isn't very likely. Price wise, in NZ similar spec'd Caldina's were going for $18-19K while I was there earlier this year.

I don't think a 3S-GTE powered car is going to be un-inspiring no matter how you look at it. Toyota really need to release these here to give a bit of competition to The Subaru's that are owning the Sports Wagon market.

The Caldina is my car of dreams if I was to get something sensible.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love how you add on the end "if i was to get something sensible" 'cause you own a supra

Laughing What's not sensible about the supra?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 12:10

The Caldina isn't available for import in the normal ways, so your chances of getting the GT-T here isn't very likely. Price wise, in NZ similar spec'd Caldina's were going for $18-19K while I was there earlier this year.

I don't think a 3S-GTE powered car is going to be un-inspiring no matter how you look at it. Toyota really need to release these here to give a bit of competition to The Subaru's that are owning the Sports Wagon market.

The Caldina is my car of dreams if I was to get something sensible.

it's 1.25 million yen+costs, so around AUD$16-17K.. the only catch being you have to live in japan for at least 12 months with the car (oh darn Wink ). in that case, there is NO restriction on the type of car you can bring back.

for comparison, a subaru forester of the same year(99-00) is around 1.4million yen, and WRX STI's (2000) around 2-2.3million.
late model caldina GT4 is also around 2-2.3million

yar, this is also to be my "sensible car".. ie can take passengers and luggage.

so far it's a toss-up between Forester and Caldina..
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 11:42

yeah it does.. TV DVD, 4WD, moon roof.. 50,000km..
but it is already "in negotiation"... if it's still there in a week and a bit when i next get paid.. i might just get it Razz heh heh... also depends on how it drives.... if it's uninspiring, i might have to look for something else... Sad
maybe even a.. gasp... subaru..

Cya, Stewart

most cars in japan have tv's with sat nav in em have these ugly tv antennas on the rear windows look like the cars got wiskers very ugly when someone puts it on a r34 v spec
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 13:08

so far it's a toss-up between Forester and Caldina..

show us the forester
i'd go for the caldina hehehe
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you talking sti spec forester or just normal one even sti spec i reckon the caldina would smack it lower similar power + its just cooler lot more subtle rather than have a mail box at the front its got a moderate scoop
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this STI is same price.. is 2000 model (vs 99), and has 80Kkm vs 50Kkm

it looks kinda cool also Wink, but there are already foresters in Aus (and i liked them before too)
http://picture.goo-net.com/0130050701/D4003903/J/0130050701D400390300200.jpg

compared to black caldina
http://picture.goo-net.com/0100050702/A4001916/J/0100050702A400191601100.jpg

i dunno man, the forester is pretty sexy also Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you don't buy the caldina i'll fly to sapporo and smack you in the head, you can get a forester here be different and daring bring back the caldina after your trip and be the envy of all toymodders like me.
Drop the black caldina 2 inchs and it'll look hot imo the white aerial spec one looks the best out of all three then the forester then the black one.
That or get the chaser
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the thing thats sets the white one off so much is the headlights and mags much better than the black one imo
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
considered garden variety JZX100 with 2JZ-GE and 4WD then plonk in a GTE after you bring it home?

or something already modified?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 15:19

if you don't buy the caldina i'll fly to sapporo and smack you in the head, you can get a forester here be different and daring bring back the caldina after your trip and be the envy of all toymodders like me.

LOL, easy to say when it's not your money Razz

for me it's a big purchase, not having had a newish car for a while.... and $17K is nothing to sneeze at...i could also buy a shitty Kei 4WD for 2K, and then spend 15K on my rolla when i get back Wink

i'll get back to you after test drive Very Happy
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 16:24

considered garden variety JZX100 with 2JZ-GE and 4WD then plonk in a GTE after you bring it home?

considered a chaser, but they look basically like a sporty camry.. no offence intended.. they are big and boxy lookin Wink.. the TRD versions look nicer, but i'm after a smaller car (even camry/vienta is too big for me Confused

the crowns in my price range are all either old or high mileage...

this one is a little out of my price range (2.5 million yen) but daaamn.. looks interesting.. 4WD too Wink
http://picture.goo-net.com/9030050619/90303090/J/90300506199030309004800.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe yeah but i reckon if you brought the caldina back itd sell pretty quick on here and you'd still have 15K to spend on your rolla. I just wanna see a car like this actually come to aus, bring back a kei car lol. Very Happy
The tarago would make a statement though i reckon it'd get defected pretty quick in aus
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 16:24

other thing is, this is not to be my performance car Wink.. just something better than aussie average i guess.

as for modified, in Sapporo performance engine mods are not so popular (due the 5-6 months of snow), and also due to the strict emissions inspections etc. suspension mods, on the other hand, are much more popular, as are rims with decent tyres (and snow studded tyres on the stock rims is the norm).

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah people think that heaps of people in japan drive arround with atmosphere venting external wastegates and mega loud exhausts but from what i head and saw over there its the complete oposite most people had silencers in their exhaust to avoid being busted
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 18:35

yeah people think that heaps of people in japan drive arround with atmosphere venting external wastegates and mega loud exhausts but from what i head and saw over there its the complete oposite most people had silencers in their exhaust to avoid being busted

except for the kiddies who drive around at 2AM Very Happy doing high speeds through red lights Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/caldina/2 000_1/photo/557/
theres a nice two tone black one
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that two tone one is nice
i reckon the black, subtle headlight detailing thing is essential, otherwise it looks wierd Nod
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Wed, 22 June 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked i officially love van's Razz (only from japan)

I think that one would have a few problems with the police once it's in the country...IMHO get the caldina, looks very sexy and a 3sgte cant disappoint Very Happy
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Thu, 23 June 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude you have to get a Caldina, you've got the 12 months rule on your size doooooooooo it!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Thu, 23 June 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Black caldina or black van... DO IT!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Fri, 24 June 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
black van costs 1million more yen than a 4WD crown!!!! sheesh!

yar, i think the black version of the white caldina look the best.. finding a manual one is pretty hard tho Sad so far there are only two, and the white one above is "in negotiation" (ie, they are checking the person actually has a parking spot...)

so.... does anyone know what auto/manual box is in the caldina? is it the same as the same age celica? (i think this is an ST215 caldina) are the auto's that bad? (i'm thinking for snow they will be good, but maybe not back in Oz...)

hmm, maybe i'll start new thread for this...
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Fri, 24 June 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a nissan stagea? u can get them in a special GTR (austech?) version with GTR running gear.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 00:49]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Fri, 24 June 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they look pretty average though, very slab like plus you can already get them in aus

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 00:55]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Fri, 24 June 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 10:48

how about a nissan stagea? u can get them in a special GTR (austech?) version with GTR running gear.

yar, was lookin at stagea and familias.... but but..... they aren't toyotas Wink
apart from being Nissans answer to the volvo wagon, the stagea 2.5T's in my price range have all done around 70-80Kkm... half dead Wink

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Fri, 24 June 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*cough*
http://img109.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/0/3/4/2/kenbo911m-img600x450-11170248080521_001.jpg
http://img109.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/0/3/4/2/kenbo911m-img600x450-11171250430521_002.jpg
^^
u know u wanna, it's a gt-four! ^_^

dare i say... a pissan

http://img113.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/4/4/4/7/masa_motor_sports-img600x450-1116306527dsc297.jpg
http://img113.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/4/4/4/7/masa_motor_sports-img600x450-1116306545dsc305.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 10:05]

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Sun, 26 June 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon that white car at the top of the thread looks hot! The black one down the bottom would be a close second Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Sun, 26 June 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shiri, i'd love to afford an ST245, but the asking price is around AUD$30,000... just a little outside my budget for now.. for that i can get a fully modified R33GTR...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what to buy? Toyota U-Car (Sapporo) Sun, 26 June 2005 03:58 Go to previous message
and all the ST245's are autos Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:linking to sites in signature
Next Topic:Beware the Beast!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:12:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078330039978027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.