Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Its Alive!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Its Alive!!! Sun, 26 June 2005 07:52 Go to next message
well it is all official. The motor will be arriving Monday and the plan is to spend the week pulling the two apart, use the weekend to swap the motor (i am borrowing stuff off my neighbour and he is gonna help so the actual "swap" will be the weekend). Then spend the next week rewiring and everything. to hopefully have the tt running sweet in 2 weeks.

I thought i would start this in-case i need quick help for anything so anyone that can help, thanks. The fist question that arises is i started to take mine apart today and thought if there was a special way you should unwire a motor if your replacing the ECU?

For example do you rip all the wires off then unplug the ECU and take out the loom, or can i unplug the ECU and take out the loom with the motor?

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2005 11:34]

Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Sun, 26 June 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't really offer you too much advice other than this - regarding the wiring, just make sure you label everything...

Or you'll be sorry later...

Best of luck mate. Very Happy
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the car is home. i was told to just unwire the ecu and pull the leads through. that'll make life easier if the can stay on the motor so i guess i will try that.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, just get under the dash and unplug the loom from the ECU and the dash plugs and push it through the hole.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While the current motor is still in situ it might be worth while to get a multimeter (i.e. method can be to disconnect the water temp probe and put one end of the multimeter at the engine end of the plug, and find the corresponding entry into the body loom down near the ECU) in the and label the wires on the body/chassis loom that you will need to integrate the new engines wiring into.

Such as
-Temperature gauge
-Tacho
-AC switch

I suspect that the oil Pressure and charge Light will go into the z10 via the drivers side and you should just be able to use the existing wires in the engine bay.

The easiest way to remove the loom is to unplug the ecu and take it out with the engine intact.

I'm guessing (from your other thread) that its a GZ10 and your using the GZ20 motor in it...you'll have to swap sumps & oil pumps and or pickups. And you may need to drill a hole in the block for the dip stick in the GZ20 motor (I know that to change a 7mge from mid rear to front sump you need to drill a whole in the block and plug the mid rear dipstick hole). You will also need to use your GZ10 mounts, I suspect they will fit without a drama.

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 04:51]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what he said ... except that my 1G-gte (gen II) loom had the oil and charge light in the engine loom, so you'd have to either:
-run you own wires from the engine-bay-chassis loom (if it comes from there in the 1gge) to the relevant bit on the engine, or
-identify in the cabin chassis loom where those wire connect and mate up the same in the 1ggte cabin plugs

am unsure of the AC wiring as the engine didn't have a compressor.

wilbo and i might be able to tell you where the charge/oil lights go in a povo MZ10 when we shift the track hack later this week.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to assume the coolant temp wire will be a yellow wire with a green trace, as all the A6X's I've mucked around with have been like this, and from memory (although I could be wrong), Peewee's Cressida was the same.

A/C wire you'll need to trace. Charge light in my case was working fine once I spliced the factory GA61 wiring onto the GA70 plug. That said, if the car originally came with a voltmeter instead of a charge light like mine, you will end up with an "everything is ok" light. Laughing

Oil light should be a simple splice from the engine loom to the existing dash loom.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok. yes it is a gen 2 as far as i can tell. and i sorta already knew about the sump and pick up. it has no voltmeter so i guess it will be simple enough. I sorta left this week aside to pull the 2 motors down then swap on the weekend then spend next week putting them back together. I was also told the unwireing of the loom bit should take all of 1/2 hour so i guess the rest of the week is free to trace wires FUN!!!!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am not sure if you mean that you're swapping engine looms on the motors - or are you talking about connecting the new engine's loom to the 1MZ? it's the later that you should be doing.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am ver confused. 1MZ??? its a GZ10 and a GZ20 is that what you mean.

I am keeping the GTE loom with the GTE and the GEU loom with the GEU. it is the wiring of the dashes that i think the problems will arrise
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry - my bad, typing while trying to work ... anyway... you answered my query.

if you go back to the chassis loom that the GUE connected to (near the ECU) you might be able to track them out to actual sensors via colour codes and use of a multimeter.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wondering, what will happen if i don't wire the dash? not that i will drive around with it unwired but i thought i could see if it runs without the dash wired. do i just loose all my warning gauges and tacho????
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Mon, 27 June 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing wrong with it except if you dont know that you've lost oil pressure, or that temps have climbed sky-high or that the check-engine light is blinking at you... then you might toast another engine?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Tue, 28 June 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i always thought that the motor and the dash ran off the ecu? is this not the case? i was just looking over the car and it seems the dash runs straight off the motor?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Tue, 28 June 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dash Item - Where it comes from - Does it go to ECU?

Speedo - Gearbox - No
Tacho - Ignitor/Coil - No
Fuel Guage - Fuel Tank Sender - No
Temp Guage - Single Wire Temp Sensor on Motor- No
Brake Light - Handbrake/Fluid Resevior - No
Oil Light - Oil Pressure Sensor on block - No
Check Engine Light- ECU - Yes
Door Light - Door pins - No
Charge Light - Alternator - No
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Tue, 28 June 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man that will help alot. but wouldn't the ECU want some of that info as well? like revs?

my original thought was the dash just piggybacked off the ecu. i am a little amazed that this doen't happen. oh well, will make the wireing a bit easyer i guess
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Tue, 28 June 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ECU get its revs from the pickup in the dizzy.

The tacho display is just for us.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Tue, 28 June 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another thought. so does the ecu only run to the motor? or is there power lines and things run separately. thanks for the help. i really should just go look for myself but i thought it would be quicker and more reliable here
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Tue, 28 June 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a look at how the 5MGE is wired into the MX73 Cressida
http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/wiring/Copy%2 0of%20Main%20wiring%20diagram%2001.jpg

And how the 5MGE is wired into the MA61 Supra.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM_MKII/e/ E_003.html

It will be quite similar.

Spend an hour looking over the diagrams understanding them.
Seeing where the power inputs are, which fuses protect them.
Then look on the car and see where those fuses are. Give yourself an idea where power goes.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Tue, 28 June 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't have any 1G's lol. people always seem to leave it out, dunno why. thanks man i will have a good read of them
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Tue, 28 June 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeing that the 1G wasn't released out of japan its hard to find english stuff for it...

And that MX73 diagram has the 1GGE ECU on the far right.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Wed, 29 June 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well after ripping a bunch of crap off the car for other people the work actually started. it took me all of 15 mins to unwire the ECU, run all the plugs back through to the motor and take off the accelerator cables, there was 2??? i think the auto box keeps direct dibs on the throttle position. so i guess i just leave it out. Anyone want to give opinions on what i should remove before lifting the motor out? some of the stuff could stay on there no?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Wed, 29 June 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuel lines, heater hoses, radiator hoses, remove a/c compressor from motor, leave lines on compressor, exhaust manifold, either at head or first join, earth straps.

etc etc etc.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Wed, 29 June 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats all pretty straight forward but should i remove things like the alternator, sterring pump and turbos??? i am ripping out the aircon compressor as my car doesn't have one so i will be breaking those hoses
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Wed, 29 June 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the steering pump is the same on the 1ggte then leave it in the car
It will save you draining it.

Alternator stays on motor.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well anyone following this i have now totally taken down (well pretty much) the GTE motor. most of the liquids is drained out and i am going to try to keep the original Power steering pump to save moving that. I drained the coolant and to my horror it was greeny/clear! i thought it needed red. oh well i guess we will change that.

The turbo pluming is what has me stuffed ATM. there seems to be water pipes that run from the turbo's to the outlet coolant pipe on the motor. and the two pipes at the bottom of the motor had red oil in them. i first thought that maybe it was for the auto trans, but then wouldn't one pipe need to come in from above? as far as i can tell these two pipes run to the turbos as well. so is there some sort of water/oil cooling thing happening?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the 1GGTE was originally coupled to an auto, then there will be 2 oil lines running from the autobox to the base of the radiator.

Only other red oil will be for the power steering.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it was my bad. i lost the lines around the power steering pump which is about where i picked up the turbo lines. its all sorted now. i wonder why they both come in at the bottom. it all seems a little weird to me. the turbo line comes off the coolant input and returns to the coolant output.

So about this coolant thing (i wanna run red instead of green) should i fill it with water first and run it for a while to clean it out properly?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just undo the drain cocks on the side of the block (near the base), could be one either side.

Then when you go to start the car, put 8L of distilled water in.
Run the motor for 15mins.

Then drain it completely, and refill with a 50/50 mix of distilled water and Toyota red.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, thanks.

It begins tomorrow, Yay! hope to have the motor over and running in a few days. I will take pics if anyone is interested
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please do! Laughing Surprised Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do have one pic i found very interesting. sorry about the poor quality but i will post it anyway. this is the 1G-GEU motor in Left = GZ20 right = GZ10. I put it in a thumbnail to try and achieve proper formatting of the page.

I truly find this picture amazing as there seems to be heaps more room in my bay. i have no idea why because they look to be the same width of car. Notice thinks like the amount of piping on mine and the length of metal pipe (silver intake bit) but if it is all true i should have no problem whatsoever getting it to fit. YAY!

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2304/1ggeucompare0vp.th.jpg
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GZ20 has double wishbone suspension which makes bay smaller.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2005 08:59]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also that GZ10 has an early intake manifold, much wider.
Making the GZ10 bay look more cramped.

Swap the motors over and it will look amazing. (The difference I mean)
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you mean swap the two GE motors or swap the GTE in and it will look good. So in your early intake comment, does this mean that the Z10 will have more room again?? man this is gonna be simple. i could nearly fit two in lol
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just commenting on the two GE motors.

You have the wider motor in the wider bay, and the narrower motor in the narrower bay, hence they look similar in size.

But if you put the wider motor in the narrower bay, and the narrower motor in the wider bay, there will be a huge difference.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats what i was getting at. the amount of room my motor wastes (i have the bigger bay right?) and yet there is still heaps of room in there. this TT is gonna look funny with all the extra room in there
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT will look identical to

http://conceptual.net.au/~peewee/frank/IMG_1960.jpg
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gee thanks man. thats yours right? is the cressda the same as the Z10?

Its answered some other questions i was wondering too. like i see you lowered your power steering filler and stuff. Thanks that pic will help alot
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Fri, 01 July 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Justcallmefranks 1GGTE in his GA61.
Its pretty much an identical bay to the GZ10
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer Sat, 02 July 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it was called a day at about 3:00 due to other commitments. The GEU is out and the GTE is still being worked out. The problem is that i can't undo the bolts to the starter motor because they are friggin hard to get to with a spanner. The same with the mounts, i got no idea how you are meant to fit crap in to undo it. So the thought is that i pull the box out with the motor and take if off out the car, as the car it is in has no drive shaft ect. It may reduce the oil slick too Smile

Anyway this is what the place looked like at around 1. And some more pics of the two cars and random stuff.

My house
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2307/myhouse9ot.jpg

GZ10
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/9721/z105jq.jpg

GZ20
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6008/z206pf.jpg

1G-GEU
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9804/1ge4xx.jpg
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Sat, 02 July 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the amount of effort dude, I'd just have removed the gearbox and gearbox as one Smile Piece of cake.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 July 2005 14:19]

brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Sat, 02 July 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, those are the engine mounts i need Smile

lookin good

brett
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Sat, 02 July 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 21:46

For the amount of effort dude, I'd just have removed the gearbox and diff as one Smile Piece of cake.

i think you meant gearbox and engine as one?
Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Sat, 02 July 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 20:38

i think you meant gearbox and engine as one?
Very Happy

You could be onto something 99. Wink
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Sat, 02 July 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<agent 99 voice>
oh no.. max.. not the the "remove the gearbox and gearbox" trick
</voice>

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Sat, 02 July 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I semi agree with JCMF... but you will manage Wink

We used one of those sliding bars with a long thread, so we could move the weight of the engine around. Made life much easier. Would have been better to take the gearbox out too I think.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Mon, 04 July 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok well it is monday morning and i am very upset. it wasn't really just an easy swap although i am happy at how some things just fit.

The second motor was pulled out and the sumps ect were swaped. the whole clutch gear was swaped over and it was all looking good. Luckly we realised the the mounts also had to be swaped and it was noticed that they are different sizes.

but that was ok because the GE motor had the front ones so it swaped easy. although we were sure it was going to foul on the turbo oil pipe on the side of the motor. (this pipe has now made it near impossible to do the mount bolt up.

After ALOT of stuffing about we managed to get the clutch lined up and the gearbox bolted on. (this took a few hours and i was getting a little concerned if it ever will.

The rest of the time was spent trying to get the motor on the mounts, which still hasn't happend. The mount pins are all of about 1cm from the holes it just doesn't want to move that little extra bit. It is all very dampining. The intake seemed to be fouling on the clutch line and i noticed that the steering linkage is different on the 2 cars but is should miss that.

The thought is now to unbolt the mounts from the car (as there is two bolts holding them on) then bolting the pinsto the block mounts and hopfully it will then drop on them and the car mounts will just bolt on. Any ideas?

The current GZ10
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/151/z109ui.jpg

The Current GZ20
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9706/z204fa.jpg
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Mon, 04 July 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bolted my mounts to my engine then dropped it down, that said, it was still a PITA to get them lined up properly.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Mon, 04 July 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AS above.
I was with Frank when we put it in.
Leave the rubber mounts bolted to the steel half, but don't have the bolt up tight.

It was a lot of dicking around, and it didn't look like it would clear everything, but once you get it on the right angle it all lines up and clears everything.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Mon, 04 July 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thanks guys. I really have the felling that it wouldn't work which makes me feel sick because if this doesn't fit, i am screwed because the old motor i am not going to stuff around to get it back in.

I am just really upset at the moment because of the mess of my front yard and it not going in. it would have really been nice to have it done within the weekend but the things happen i guess.

Anyway i am felling a little better knowing that after "dicking around" it will go in and fit snug. So its just a matter of time. The gearbox really pissed me off though because we couldn't get that in so maybe i will take a couple of days off. as i am cut all over and have huge bruises on my arm literally the width of it (i can take a pic if anyone wants to see Razz)

Anyway thanks for all the help and i hope that in a few days i can post that the bitch is in.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Thu, 07 July 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cuts and bruises...

welcome to the world of engine conversions Laughing
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Thu, 07 July 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i still got the fat one on my arm. it is hanging around. Well since i am here a bit of an update. very little to nothing has happened. we dropped the old motor in front of the garage door with the z10 in it, so without a hoist (which i borrow off my neighbor) i can't even open to garage door to my car.

The z20 is chillin in the other garage and is easily accessible but there isn't really much i can do on it. i thought of ripping more stuff off but i feel it would be berst to do one thing at a time as i will most probably forget where things go.

I dummyed up most of the pipes and it looks as if it will all fit without any real modification. one question i do have is i run the full touch panel climate control, which re routs vacuum everywhere. this is bad to be using when boosting no? do i need a special one way valve or something for these lines or can i run it off the break booster one because that needs to be vacuum as well doesn't it?

Other then that there really isn't much happening, i hit the clutch and it felt really soft but the slave cylinder is hanging and hasn't been bolted back on the gearbox yet so thats explains that. Anyway Saturday is looking like the day. from the progress that has been had on it it really should be bolted in quite early, even if it is hard to do, and i can spend the rest of the weekend wiring it up.

I just hope there isn't something that needs to be put on when the motor is out because i never want to pull this thing out again. but all that will be left is the earthing (which could really go on anywhere) and the IC and exhaust piping.
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Thu, 07 July 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PICS PICS PICS
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Fri, 08 July 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you changed the water pump and front and rear main seals etc?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Sat, 09 July 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well as an update. I have the thing bolted down on the mounts (nothing a screwdriver and hammer couldn't fix lol) and am just going through and putting everything back on and tightening bolts. Which is a bitch. i can only get the spanner in and move most bolts about a 1/3 of a turn each time. its gonna take a while.

And like it was stated. this thing was hitting everything and i thought "man like fun this fits" but now it is in, it is miles away from anything.

Also should i be concerned about vacuum lines when i boost. is +ve pressure bad for them?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Mon, 11 July 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well. The neither exhaust will fit (i have the pipe before the cat on nice its just the rest) and i can't fit the wires for the ECU through the hole. it has to go through the firewall take a left then right then out.

Well thats really the only problem. I can't get the blower out so i can't get the wires through. So i may try some professional help if anyone know if they could do this or even anyone that can do it.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Mon, 11 July 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just feed a bit of fencing wire through the hole and use that to pull the plugs through! Wrap them all up tight in electrical tape too, makes it easier again.

Don't be a wuss about it Razz
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Mon, 11 July 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah yeah. i have just had enough for one day. maybe tomorrow i will feel more like it. it has really just been one thing after another
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1G-GTE conversion into a Z10 soarer PICS Mon, 18 July 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
well another update although i am unsure if people are still reading this. the wires are through and stuff, it just had to be done the right way, it also helps to have two people helping. i am thinking in still getting it wired professionally but i am unsure.

I wired what i thought needed to be powered at the "main relay" plug and when i tried to turn it over i could smell a little bit of fuel. so i thought the injectors should be firing and the fuel smell is coming from the dump (as it has no exhaust atm). But yeah, i am still unsure what goes where with respect to tacho and stuff. fair enough i can find it from the motor but where it should go to the dash i am unsure.

anyway here are some more pics if people like them

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/8987/soarer3ke.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/450/motor0lt.jpg

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18rgeu engine parts
Next Topic:240sx strut bar on a ra65
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:21:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010044097900391 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.