Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Postage of large bulky items Tue, 28 June 2005 09:34 Go to next message
Has anyone here ever had to get something posted like, say, a front bar, interstate from (for example) brisbane to sydney?

If so, will australia post do a package that large? Or would I need to see another company? Also, how much am I looking at having to spend to get something like that posted down to me?

Just wondering how much money I'd be looking at spending to get something like that posted to me.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
James
  Send a private message to this user    
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Postage of large bulky items Tue, 28 June 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as it's wraped up well a courier like Tamex would be faster and cheaper i think.
Cost something like $20 to get a guard to brisbane from here so a front bar should be about the same.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Postage of large bulky items Tue, 28 June 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.busfreight.com.au ??? i think thats the site from memory. they will help you out. cost me $100 to get a set of 4 wheels from melbourne to brisbane. give em a ring if you want a definate answer. only catch is the parcel needs to be collected from the bus station
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Postage of large bulky items Tue, 28 June 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
auspost has a limit on both total dimensions, and a single dimension.. but weightwise, they go to 20kg..

you might be able to post larger from a business post office tho...
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Postage of large bulky items Tue, 28 June 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep technically Aus Post will not accept any item over 105cms, although I must admit I've posted larger items without issue - I suppose it depends on your post master, but in short, I'd get the item you want to move, couriered to you.
KE55 Coupe
Regular

Banned Again

June 2005
Re: Postage of large bulky items Tue, 28 June 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
busfreight is good

cost me $8 to get a fixed back bucket seat with rails from adelaide to just before the vic border
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Postage of large bulky items Wed, 29 June 2005 02:20 Go to previous message
CLG wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 21:28

Yep technically Aus Post will not accept any item over 105cms, although I must admit I've posted larger items without issue - I suppose it depends on your post master, but in short, I'd get the item you want to move, couriered to you.

That sounds like the way to go. Friends want to road trip it up there... but I'd spend more in fuel than I would in courier costs!

If you had to hazard a guess, how much would the front bar weigh. So then I can call some couriers and find out the costs that may be involved.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just in case you wanted this
Next Topic:I want one of these LOL
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:31:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042791366577148 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.