Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sly83
Occasional Poster

March 2005
For tha trance lovers Tue, 28 June 2005 14:43 Go to next message
Hey Y'all trance-loving toymodders i dont usu. post but i found this trance site that streams the best trance from all over the world. I thought I had to share it, let me know what u think...

http://www.di.fm/

Enjoy!
  Send a private message to this user    
88AW11SC
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: For tha trance lovers Tue, 28 June 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You absolute champion! Cool I have only ever seen the Digitally Imported streams in things like shout cast internet radio, never actually went looking for the site though.

Nice one Bruva!

Got any other phat Dance/Trance/House links we should know about?
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 29 June 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noice one, go the trance!!! Speaking of trance and all things prog, has anyone seen next years line up for Melbournes Gods Kitchen? Its huge!!!
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 29 June 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh awsome link dude!

If anyone hasnt got I Tunes then get it. It has an unbelievable selection of trance radio stations (and many other stations aswell) featuring live dj sets, and streaming from around the world. Best part.. ITS FREE!

So get into it!
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 29 June 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great stuff
i miss ibiza
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 29 June 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, for MP3 downloads, hit up http://www.trancetribe.com...

My fav site ever Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 29 June 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been to all of those, there all top sites!!
sly83
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 29 June 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
listening to this stuff makes me wanna go clubbing...dammit!
Havent been to a proper festival since Summafieldayze up here on the Gold Coast. That and Adventjah none too bad. God's Kitchen coming to Brisbane this year?

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: For tha trance lovers Thu, 30 June 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks, i've been missing good music here in japan Wink

the harcore and hard dance tunes are ok, but i'm looking for something a bit darker...

like:

909.mp3
show-me-what-you-got.mp3
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: For tha trance lovers Thu, 30 June 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's kinda funny - but japan has a decent happy hard scene!!

Stew - i cant label that, i would call it a mix of gabber, but slowed down to almost pschytrance speeds....

of course stewwie, you already know that im a big fan of the uplifting, hard and dark trance styles..... lately i;ve been hitting the latest UK happy-hardcore....
Quick sample Smile

http://www.witzl.com/random/10 - track 10.mp3

[Updated on: Thu, 30 June 2005 14:46]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: For tha trance lovers Thu, 30 June 2005 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Artist and Title please Karl Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: For tha trance lovers Fri, 01 July 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 00:42

it's kinda funny - but japan has a decent happy hard scene!!

Stew - i cant label that, i would call it a mix of gabber, but slowed down to almost pschytrance speeds....

of course stewie, you already know that im a big fan of the uplifting, hard and dark trance styles..... lately i;ve been hitting the latest UK happy-hardcore....
Quick sample Smile

http://www.witzl.com/random/10 - track 10.mp3

yeah, it is a bit odd really.. everyone i speak to says that dance music is not very popular at all.. but almost every shop you go into has some kind of dance playing... there was even (faint) hardcore playing in the local supermarket! weird... (and also the honda dealer i went to.. seemed really.. out of place).

that track is very nice Smile.. not dark enough, but i could listen to that style for a while Smile any streaming of that sort?

i've had a muck around with those tracks i posted.. definitely too slow..they should be 12% or so faster Wink

i find it hard to find what i want to listen too.. gabber (ie rotterdam style) is too.. messy. i just want 'dungeon' muzac Wink
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: For tha trance lovers Fri, 01 July 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here's another one:
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/hustle-4fa s ter.mp3
this one has been sped up 4% (no pitch compression tho Sad couldn't get that to work...)
i guess it's a mixture of gabber with?? sometimes tech, sometimes psy...
meh.. i just want more Very Happy

edit: link fixed

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2005 08:07]

sly83
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: For tha trance lovers Fri, 01 July 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A friend of mine put me onto this site which streams at a higher rate, although the site is in Dutch so have fun navigating. Some good stuff on their apparently.

http://www.fresh.fm <----click on Luister Live! Smiley =

**Gods Kitchen -- Family Nightclub -- Sept 30**
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: For tha trance lovers Fri, 01 July 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the sydney people..... Gas Nightclub, 16th July. A DJ i know is playing, and he is damn good! I'll be there Smile

if its less than 135bpm - it aint worth listening to.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: For tha trance lovers Fri, 01 July 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may i ask who?

(and do a shameless plug for "Reason" parties Wink heh heh)

reminds me of a guy called Billy..."as in the bong" Wink
"DJ unit, 1000bpm, no less" was what he wrote on a card for me once... i don't need to tell you how he started his set (cept it involved public displays of drug use off spinning vinyl Rolling Eyes )

Cya, Stewart

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: For tha trance lovers Fri, 01 July 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
teehee!!

i forget his DJ name... but another mate of mine is an up-and-comer, DJ Mischief.

I forget my other mates name... he's a fucking awesome mixer, and plays some wiked tracks!!
ToF.
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: For tha trance lovers Sat, 02 July 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a better station for real trance and prog minus most cheese is www.etn.fm Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: For tha trance lovers Sun, 03 July 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm cheeese...

without cheesy happ hard, the world would not be the same today Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: For tha trance lovers Tue, 05 July 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
happy hard is the forefather of almost all dance music....

....except for that crap you hear on the radio... that descended from masturbating spider monkeys accidentally beating themselves in time....
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: For tha trance lovers Tue, 05 July 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean the monkey "slap slap slap" became the Kylie "clap clap clap" ??

ohhhhh, i'm gonna have disturbing visions in every club i ever go to again!!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: For tha trance lovers Tue, 05 July 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you didnt need to make the cross-reference that well linked Stewie!!

I'll try to get a little more on my website... i have some choice tracks i think are worth sharing Smile
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: For tha trance lovers Tue, 05 July 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 13:23

happy hard is the forefather of almost all dance music....

....except for that crap you hear on the radio... that descended from masturbating spider monkeys accidentally beating themselves in time....

not quite.. happy hard spawned from a period of the early 90s to about 97/98 by which time it was well and truly dead.

however its derivative roots took hold in cross genre mutations of house (which took form around 1984.. sasha was king of piano house back in 85-90, then house went two different ways with euro-piano and us-soulful and broke down further). and of course the ever-so-reliable dark techno that eminated in much the same way as house, with a dark and industrial presence in germany and eastern europe.. to a slower tempo more percussive style that was adopted and moulded by legends of the scene like Stacey Pullen, Kevin Anderson, and Richie Hawtin in the murky scunge of Detroit..

but youre right though in one sense, that happy hardcore paved the way for literally everything to come that obliterated the dance scene (trance, commercial europop, eurocrap dance, commercial house.. even some elements of it filtered into jungle and then on into DnB as well..)

Razz

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: For tha trance lovers Tue, 05 July 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno man, some of my friends were organising warehouse happy-hard raves in the mid to late 80's....
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: For tha trance lovers Tue, 05 July 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earliest i remember was about 91.. i do remember some 89-90ish stuff.. i.e. tetris theme with sped up happy hard tempo.. i was into US house at that stage.. strictly rhythm/nervous pressings etc..etc..

either way its still dead Very Happy died just after paul elstak and the rotterdam terrorcore.. woohoo Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 06 July 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgaten - what you said is what i couldnt be bothered typing. I've said it a few times already on these and other forums... the true rave scene died somewhere around 1997-1998, thanks to the capitolisation of an underground scene gone crazy-mad and popular which churned out the commercially "cloned" happy hard tracks like "Here's Johnny", "Forever Young (and other Tokyo Ghetto Pussy" etc etc..... well done to the record labels!! You sure did shoot yourselves in the foot there didnt you??

What i meant about Happy hard paving the way for the following generations of dance music was that despite it being destroyed, it still existed somewhere and the culture that was created on it's back evolved and branched out, creating the more modern forms of dance music which we see today.

I thank Happy Hardcore... it brought me Uplifting & Hard Trance.

but hey.. i was all too young to really enjoy the purist rave scene. I was born about 5-10 years too late Sad

I still know and love sooo many anthems though. Every so often i go on missions to find a few more anthems to increase my collection.....
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 06 July 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gone are the days when Utopia was really just a glorified old school style rave, and Transmission was small and cozy in the Metro Sad

i blame it on the 15 year old gurners/speed freaks that just fuck the whole scene up Wink
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 06 July 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hear you both

im only 26, but my cuz whos about 35 got me involved with the scene when i was about 11-12, bringin me tapes and feedin me with my happycore.. haha. still remember my first warehouse at fusion in 94... lasers, smoke, real friendly people and CRAPPY MAPS!! Very Happy

ohh the anthems.. 'feell the furyy!!' ..

i actually reckon if happy stemmed into one thing more than another it was hardhouse.. (thank god thats dead too!)

sure beat being a rossi boots wearin bogan any day!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 06 July 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hard house is still around a little bit... but died off a fair bit in the last 2 years. I used to be all over the hard house and hard trance scene...... then it got sketchy with the hard house venues, and people just stopped going to the events. Same as everything else i guess.

And damn straight it beats being a bogan!!

FWIW, i still get out there every so often. I am only 23 though.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: For tha trance lovers Wed, 06 July 2005 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the big events

Carl Cox BigdayOut 2001 (I was backstage) woot
Mobile Home Bondi Beach 01 and 02 and Sydney Harbour 03
Gatecrasher @ Marlborough Seals Club

ah those were the days Confused I left a few brain cells behind

*Memories* Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

oh and http://www.di.fm/ has been round for yonkers good site
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: For tha trance lovers Thu, 07 July 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cox is cool. i met him two years ago.. nice chap..

got a photo of me and nick warren somewhere too..

oh and i have a gunners jersey signed by nick, carl, roger sanchez, dave seaman and a few others too..

last event for me was two tribes 04 which i left early because i was disgusted with

a) the frickin teeny candy ravers
b) the sweltering heat
c) the crap as hell acts and overpublicity
d) the event PALED to the year befores event
e) bad organisation and asshole security fuckwits
giving me shit even when i stuck my media pass up their ass.

[EDIT: Day Events are the best. Ones in the middle of nowhere with No Public Transport Access means No Pill Poppin Kiddies!]

[Updated on: Thu, 07 July 2005 02:57]

-Solar_81-
Occasional Poster

July 2005
icon14.gif  Re: For tha trance lovers Thu, 07 July 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello look who just scored a new best friend mmmm tance Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: For tha trance lovers Fri, 08 July 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 12:56

Day Events are the best. Ones in the middle of nowhere with No Public Transport Access means No Pill Poppin Kiddies!

damn straight!
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: For tha trance lovers Fri, 08 July 2005 10:32 Go to previous message
TRY DIS
www.puredance.co.uk
Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:IM ANGRY :S